collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34490 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: News on Street fighter X Tekken and impressions
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »
After really looking at the video on how they explained the Pandora feature i dont like it too much. i mean its a nice stab at something different but knowing how me and my friends play agressively in street fighter i doubt one of us get to pull it off often. Theres a possibility with great strategy but if that timer is like that where you die if you dont use it thats no bueno.

let me explain my opinion clearly:

Honestly from what i experienced playing the game the tag in feature is a great save enough. seriously yall it is^^. This here is cool looking and all that but from what i already know in heated SF battles and even tekken (for years now) if youre playing against someone thats really good youre going to get a whole lot of keep away while in that Pandora mode. Heavy keep away at that and a death clock counting spells DEATH!

The timer shouldnt have been like that where if you dont kill the person in time you die. thats stupid. For all that it should have been like ok youre in the "shin" Pandora state but youre defense is hella weak like toilet tissue. You deal hella damage and your move sets are a bit amplified in a EX mode sorta way of the Pandora look. They timer counts down and goes to zero you just have no pandora and no more super meter. The power bar is flashing red and thats all you see. Yes i know some of you maybe like "naww..no super meter ?????" well yeah...Think of it like how Guilty Gear is. You screw up on not excuting that destroyer move and you have no super. why? because that sort of power can finish the apponent instantly or fairly very fast. So they should have had it like that instead of that death clock ticking down^^

to me this just looks like a far worse situation than MVC3 phoenix's Dark phoenix mode....

They need to play around with that idea a bit more before making it stick...i dont see it being too popular of a state to be in during battle at this stage of development
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »
The timer shouldnt have been like that where if you dont kill the person in time you die. thats stupid.
That's (quite) ridiculous. (:|

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
Freedom of speech doesn't protect copyright infringement, buddy. Look it up sometime.

You also can't play the "fair use policy" card, because that only protects works of satire and news.

You got a lil smart mouth, but i guess if we go by your idea, then everyone who makes stuff in mugen is guilty of the crime "copyright infringement" seeing that most of us have used some capcom sprites to make something, or to edit something.

I think you need to let this one go and move along, i'm not the kind of person you want to try to argue with. Dude listen to yourself,  your accusing me of something that's not valid and was already proven that isn't copyright infringement and also what everyone in mugen does, plus while your on your high horse, please realize that without people like me, Acey, Sabaki, Kamakazi, Kong, Darkcipherlucius, Laspacho, or Infinite etc... your mugen wouldn't have alot of characters in there (Fun and solid characters at that). This topic was supposed to be about anything that refers to the game Street Fighter X Tekken but what your starting up is something waaaaaaaay left field that's meant to be in its own topic. I know why your against what i said, its because you don't like the fact that I said they took an idea from me. Well the thing is buddy they have did the same thing to other creators in mugen and others have also seen what I saw and agreed on it too. Like I said, no money was made by what me or any others have made, so you can't say we are doing copy right infringement

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2011, 10:08:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E46TGqLD7JY&feature=relmfu#
@-) @-) @-) @-) Heihachi's kicks and overhead shown in the video are Dan's... SFxT just gave me a serious case of mindf!@$

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2011, 11:56:12 AM »
whats the point of pandora mode?  /:O im happy its not like xfactor but its just like juri's feng shui engine. it can be helpful BUT its completely useless if the person you're fighting blocks,jumps, and keeps you at a distance with projectiles so that your time runs out, just like ive experienced when using juri. your chances of actually winning would only be good if you're a grappler like zangief since your attacks still work even if they block

Offline TheClone45

• Wily's Fortune Teller
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 08, 2020, 05:17:39 PM
  • Let's get this over with.
    • http://draw-in.webs.com/
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
Has anyone seen this?

By theclone45 at 2011-01-02

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
yea that was posted a while ago he was shown at some game event for pspvita. still not sure if he;s vita exclusive or if he'll be on vita and ps3

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »
whats the point of pandora mode?  /:O im happy its not like xfactor but its just like juri's feng shui engine. it can be helpful BUT its completely useless if the person you're fighting blocks,jumps, and keeps you at a distance with projectiles so that your time runs out, just like ive experienced when using juri. your chances of actually winning would only be good if you're a grappler like zangief since your attacks still work even if they block

THANK YOU!! thats pretty much what the F*ck i was saying to a youtube comment 8=|. all the person cared about was "oh thats why its a gamble..blah blah :-@...hardcore championship dudes would find a way to use it blah blah :-@..."

If thats gamble is that severe and you can lose the fight and lose prize money i doubt youd go there unless the other guy triggered their pandora...and like you said Swiziga (just as i did too pretty much) ; if the apponent you are playing against is dealing great keep away, jumping away and handling great blocking you will surely die and waste that pandora or even get Ko'ed before that "death timer" runs out. Again me personally the only way ill use it is if im feeling that ballsy playing against friends just havin fun. In serious combat grudge matches i doubt i would. The tag in features is enough for me to get by. Its a easy save damn there each time i noticed while playing the game

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »
Yea right, just like they did with loganir's stuff and Ghost Rider.... come on dude this is clearly not the case with rolento. And of course I didnt think of something like that cuz that's not what happened and we all know it. Don't try to bring that card to the table because its been proven many times that they do in fact look at mugen and take ideas.
As for you saying they stole your idea is kinda silly. Your telling me they downloaded your character just to get a hyper for this game.There's nothing wrong for thinking it but you are actually complaining that they went and took that idea from you.. Not trying to be a hater..just being honest.

Bank on topic though...Pandora mode doesn't really look as bad as x-factor though since the partner dies. Seems more like a crutch then actually helpful

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »
Bank on topic though...Pandora mode doesn't really look as bad as x-factor though since the partner dies. Seems more like a crutch then actually helpful

yeh it is better than the X factor but that death timer smh...*sigh* i just cant get with that. Knowing my crazy @ss ill use it just to be amused by the FX and how the characters gets all "TRON" n sh*t lol....

cool feature but i think they could have thought that out a lil more...anyway the game is still hot though.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »
You got a lil smart mouth, but i guess if we go by your idea, then everyone who makes stuff in mugen is guilty of the crime "copyright infringement" seeing that most of us have used some capcom sprites to make something, or to edit something.

I think you need to let this one go and move along, i'm not the kind of person you want to try to argue with. Dude listen to yourself,  your accusing me of something that's not valid and was already proven that isn't copyright infringement and also what everyone in mugen does, plus while your on your high horse, please realize that without people like me, Acey, Sabaki, Kamakazi, Kong, Darkcipherlucius, Laspacho, or Infinite etc... your mugen wouldn't have alot of characters in there (Fun and solid characters at that). This topic was supposed to be about anything that refers to the game Street Fighter X Tekken but what your starting up is something waaaaaaaay left field that's meant to be in its own topic. I know why your against what i said, its because you don't like the fact that I said they took an idea from me. Well the thing is buddy they have did the same thing to other creators in mugen and others have also seen what I saw and agreed on it too. Like I said, no money was made by what me or any others have made, so you can't say we are doing copy right infringement

Yes, every one of those MUGEN creators have committed copyright infringement. Just because more than you are doing it, doesn't make it less illegal. If twenty people smoke pot, that's twenty people breaking the law.

My discussion isn't left field, nor is it because you were mad about Capcom using your idea. It's because you posted again, and again, and again, about the same exact nonsense with barely any intelligible material between the five or so posts.

It is valid. Just because Capcom has chosen not to press charges doesn't make it any less copyright infringement. The fact that Capcom is letting you do things with their characters, and then you being a baby when they borrow one of your ideas for their characters just shows what kind of double standards you're using to be a "creator."

"I'm not the kind of person you want to argue with." You're not the kind of person I want to argue with solely because you don't include any actual material to argue against. All of the points you mentioned are completely subjective, or irrelevant. Or even worse, they're merely boasting about how I don't want to mess with you. You're the kind of person I don't want to argue with only because it's usually going to be a waste of my time.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
Look MUGEN is considered fan art. If it was copyright infringement Kriven's avatar would be too, and so would all the flash games on Newgrounds.

The difference is this: $. I play more SNK games now than I did before because of MUGEN. MUGEN made SNK money, and since it is free SNK is getting a new customer from 'fan art'. Same for the Darkstalkers that is [hopefully] coming out. I doubt all the current DS fans were fans when they first came out.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
That's entirely irrelevant to the legalities of a situation and only holds bearing on the personal policies of companies in regards to the materials produced by their audience. It in no way actually legalizes any amount of fan material, and merely serves as an explanation of the tolerance policies.

There is absolutely no "difference" between copyright infringement and your willingness to purchase new materials because of past experiences with infringed material.

It also holds no bearing on somebody carrying on like a toddler because Capcom produced something that vaguely resembles a piece of material they created using stolen artifacts in the first place.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
Yes, every one of those MUGEN creators have committed copyright infringement. Just because more than you are doing it, doesn't make it less illegal. If twenty people smoke pot, that's twenty people breaking the law.

My discussion isn't left field, nor is it because you were mad about Capcom using your idea. It's because you posted again, and again, and again, about the same exact nonsense with barely any intelligible material between the five or so posts.

It is valid. Just because Capcom has chosen not to press charges doesn't make it any less copyright infringement. The fact that Capcom is letting you do things with their characters, and then you being a baby when they borrow one of your ideas for their characters just shows what kind of double standards you're using to be a "creator."

"I'm not the kind of person you want to argue with." You're not the kind of person I want to argue with solely because you don't include any actual material to argue against. All of the points you mentioned are completely subjective, or irrelevant. Or even worse, they're merely boasting about how I don't want to mess with you. You're the kind of person I don't want to argue with only because it's usually going to be a waste of my time.

Ok, if it's a waste of your time, then I suggest you drop the subject. R@ce's statement is that Capcom ripped him off, which essentially is true. However since all mugen related work in Capcom's eyes is considered fan-art they've got every right to search out our stuff, make some official work of it, and claim it as theirs without having to give any credit whatsoever. What's he gonna do, sue them? He can't because your statement is valid as well. R@ce griping about getting "ripped off" had nothing to do with copyright infringement, it's something he worked on and whether he has official claim to it or not he DOES have to right to be upset and you can't tell him otherwise. Lack of a monetary transaction does not mean he has no illegitimate complaint. Also, his gripping is more about the fact that Capcom is getting lazy rather then the actual material pull and the fear that they'll just keep on doing that instead of coming up with stuff on their own. It'd be like we'd be making them the monies without getting any ourselves.

Not even looking at it from a biased opinion, you've seen how they've been operating lately. It's anything to get that dollar now. No original IP's anymore, can't delete save data on RE: Mercenaries so you gotta buy it new, cancelled project because they feel there's not support when it was apparent that there was post-fact, not delivering on what they said was promised (Legends 3 Prototype and Spectator Mode for MvC3 was promised material), they're caring less and less and it doesn't matter cause that money keeps rolling it. Why do you think Inafune left? He saw it and couldn't stand it anymore, he even said so himself.

That being said, if you two wish to continue this rather pointless debate it'll probably end with people getting muted so it's your call.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:49:08 PM by C.R.O.M. - Gangsta Luxury »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
That being said, if you two wish to continue this rather pointless debate it'll probably end with people getting muted so it's your call.
Agreed. This argument is completely >:-(-|, and is defeating the purpose of being a friendly discussion thread.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
and on that note...

Whos getting SF X T Here? :O*D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2011, 11:37:21 PM »
i am

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »
I probably am, and if they anounce anyone I play as then I absolutly am.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »
*raises hand*

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »
I probably will if the $ doesn't get in the way.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2011, 12:16:57 AM »
Groovey. im up to bat to rock with anyone on xboxlive when it drops or the ps3 (when i get that system)

Im not too afraid to use Kazuya now since i tried em out and hes pretty damn fly in "the street fighter universe". But as far as teams i cant say right now since i use a lot of the street fighter characters anyway. ill be experimenting a lot with Tekken family. I have Tekken 6 n all but SF is more my strong point so this should be hella amusing when it comes out next year 8)

and now back to the visuals ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-tfTeEqbU&feature=player_embedded#

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoROkNt3uo&feature=player_embedded#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoROkNt3uo&feature=player_embedded#
[/url]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:35:53 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2011, 02:52:14 AM »
Cole Mcgarth  (:| I think he woulda did better in Marvel VS Capcom 3 but Street Fighter vs Tekken?
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:17 AM »
Cole Mcgarth  (:| I think he woulda did better in Marvel VS Capcom 3 but Street Fighter vs Tekken?

lol :-?? same sh*t i pretty much thought actually. For some damn reason he just looks like Chuck green from DR2 fighting.
But hey i guess he'll be amusing to use. Personally i think they should have Tossed in Fighters from Fist of vengance or Urban Reign for all that. That was Capcom brawler game and a Namco Brawler game. They both came out around the same time. Even the monster hunter chars dont make sense in the game. They too should have been in MVC3 or UMVC3 instead

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Fou

• Mage of the sun
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 01, 2019, 11:22:55 AM
  • I can taste your fear... and IT'S DELICIOUS !
    • Fou-the-mage
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2011, 05:33:48 AM »
Infamous is a Capcom or Namco game ?  /:O

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:56 AM »
Infamous is a Capcom or Namco game ?  /:O

Neither, it Sony Entertainment but since the game is getting a Vita version, Cole is being added as an exclusive character for it, such has how I suspect Nathan Drake will be an exclusive character for U:MvC3 Vita.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[Today at 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal