collapse

Author Topic: The King Of Fighters: NESTS Conclusion  (Read 2173 times)

Offline rednavi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 10:39:22 PM
  • But I wanted Vanessa as my avatar!
    • Email
The King Of Fighters: NESTS Conclusion
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
I hope I did an alright resume as this game was a W.I.P. since 2009 or so and I often forget most about this :P

EDIT: Post in spanish if you want, it's my native language.
EDIT: Posteen en español si quieren que es mi idioma nativo.

This is basically a game that takes place after KOF 2001, thisnk a canon 2002 so it follows the KOF canon so no damn k' moojinz clones here people!

-- Gameplay: This is pretty much the hardest part to explain about this game, the fact that the videos may shaw Blazblue/doujin-alike gameplay can confuse alot of people but in reality the game doesn't play like one nor was based on such mechanics. The idea was to make a more flexible version of the KOF gameplay and introduce several components that would eventually merge into something different than the usual KOF. Long story short treat KOF: N.C. as if you were to compare KOF XI with KOF: MIRA, it's that different.

You basically have all the usual moves a character has, that means the cancelable moves are often accurate to KOF (There's no L->M->H combos like in melty blood or guilty gear, the chars keep their usual basic->command->special kind of combos) but with a more loose cancelable window (Basically if the move hits you can cancel after it into something viable at any time most of the time). In the air it's a different story, each character get's it's own kind of chaining routes (Some may be LP->LK->SP->SK, others may be SK->LP and so on).

Oh God there's so many things to explain it's not even funny so whatever :P, go check the vids and tell me later..., there's air dash, KOF usual stuff like dodge, grabs are performed like in NGBC, there's a mechanic called "Power of will" or P.O.W. which lets you increase your defence at the cost of your guard gauge, a "burst kind" move called "quick reflex" that lets you brake the enemy's attack as long as said attack CAN be interrupted (Moves that can't are marked as "unbreakable" and wont let you interrupt them), etc. The game also has a new gauge called "Cancel Drive" which lets you cancel most attack in a "roman cancel" fashion except mine is much better because of different type of cancels you have :P.

And YES KOFXII TOTALLY RIPPED OF MY TERMINOLOGY I HATE U SNK ARGHGHGHGH!! You know air dash means infinite juggling and recovery-when-possible stuff right? Oh yeah I use 4 standard KOF button + the E button which is called the extra attack button + a new button used for cancelling and otehr stuff (Multiple purpose button).

The moves are divided into special moves, force drives (consume 0.5 powerbar, this is NOT something like EX moves), super drives (1 powerbar), hyper drives (2 powerbars) and a single overdrive move per char (This is far more complex to explain, it's not a MAX2 and the output damage depends of several factors and can be used once per match, long story short: more power bars and less life = more damage).

-- Graphics: There are 2 main points I put the most effort on this, sprites and effects. The character sprites of any character I start to code (Of finished) have extreme color separation as you can see on the vids. The effects are not straight from any game, they are either created using Particle Illusion or SNK effects converted into High Resolution. The screenpack is also entirelly original of course as pretty much the whole game system graphics.

-- Coding and features: Unlike pretty much every fullgame KOF: N.C. goes one step further into EVERY POSSIBLE ASPECT of the game instead of just stunning you with one or two supposedly impossible stuff on mugen. The game basically is full of coding workarounds in order to apply different stuff which are totally impossible outside of a fullgame.

- First you have real guard gauge reduction (You know, that bar whch indicates if you are close to get guard crushed), unlike every half-assed KOF mugen out there (That includes KOFZ, dont hate me!) each attack can deal whatever guard gauge substraction I want so yeah, I'm awesome.

- In the same fashion Stun Damage Bar works the same, yeah you can get dizzy in this game and this works like in a real fullgame.

- Tag team is awesome because the gameplay depends of who you're playing with, the leader of the team can command his teammate who's in the background to do attacks and blah blah, go see the vids damnit.

- Time: Unlike most games the timer is fully coded in the game. The timer can be manipulated at will so there are instances where time is added to the counter (When a teammate is KO'ed, when a penalty point happens which is the anti-turtle system of this game) or when the timer is reseted or set to infinite.

- Draw Break: There are no draws in this game. A draw break happens when a match ends with a double KO. A roulette starts with 4 possible ways to decide who wins the match.

- Judgment: Similar to the drawbreaks but when a match ends with a time over. If no penalty points were given to anyone the teamside with the most health wins, otherwise the team with less penalty points wins.

- Command buffering system: The game doesnt use the normal buffering system from mugen but instead uses a custom one, you would LOL HARD if you ever get to see the changestate triggers in statedef -1 :P .

- Pause screen: Probably the most complex thing to code EVER in a fullgame. The game has a pause screen with multiple options, from a movelist to other stuff like a status screen showing character data, to a 35 pages system description to learn everything about the game to a screenshot menu which lets you take clean screenshots and add effects on it if wanted. This is for real the ultimate fullgame feature as any other pause menu you ever saw in mugen is actually CRAP compared to this, I can tell that much because I KNOW all the stuff I had to modify in order for this to not to mess up the game, which by logic means I know no one ever did this the way I did it (God this is the reason why I had to create the command buffering in the first place).

- Roundstate=2 only: This is more like a novelty for you because you can't see how awesome this is unless you know about serious mugen coding. The fact that the whole game happens all the time in roundstate=2 is what lets me do all the stuff like the real guard gauge substraction, drawbreaks, custom roundstates and constant backtrack of my own roundstates when wanted. Much more is done thanks to this aswell, I just cant remember the whole thing.

- Totally custom projectile system: I have no idea where to start, this is just as awesome as a pain in the butt to code, but atleast I have quite the flexibility of any fullgame. Projectiles have a level of priority from 1 to 9 where if a higher level projectile collides with a lower one it will totally eliminate it without getting a hit left substracted from the total (Yeah, that's something KOFXIII did after me aswell, cant blame them it's a good thing). There are also other things I was able to do thanks to this, for example ZOMG real projectile negatio/deflection!

- Training mode for real!: yeah, a real training mode where you can tweak several session and dummy options. I'm really proud of this thing, available at the pause menu. Also has ZOMG data display and crap like that.

- Original voice acting for the announcer yay! Recorded by Rina-chan. She will also record an alternative english voice set for Leona (All the chars have atleast 2 voice sets with a maximum of 4).

It was quite hard to do this resume because I often forget the old features (Including scrapped ones) so I hope the screenshots are varied enough. You can check my mugenguild thread which was one of the first ones about this game but I warn you, alot of hate happened at the beggining so up to page 6 is about me defending my butt, luckily the game gained enough reputation to get better feedback and eventually some help from a few guys in the community, still lacks of help overall which is why i had to delay the release that much...

Anyway, latest videos + pics + Original thread:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=100279.400

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:27:34 PM by rednavi »

Nope...

Offline SONYA

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 01:35:37 PM
    • Email
Re: The King Of Fighters: NESTS Conclusion
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:46 PM »
 :w00t:When I started playing mugen back in 2001, it was with Dragonball Z games.  I never ever imagine it would evolve to this.  Excellent work.  Incredible.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
 :O*D youve just inspired me to try harder at creating my own original FXs in some time. This is lookin hot man :thumbsup:
I see ill be downloading this to my Terrabyte HD also!!
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline rednavi

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »
It sucks to see that 99% of the KOF mugens use the very same crappy effects while the other 1% uses P.I. and FAILS HARD AT IT.

(Thinking that only 25% or less of the KOF mugens actually use the accurate FX because it fits the planned game.)
Nope...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »
I think words fail.

This maybe the single greatest thing M.U.G.E.N, ever.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »
 :o
Shadaloo Approved!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »
Welcome back to Infinity Mugen Team, RedNavi.To show our appreciation for this marvelous WIP, here is a video tribute:

Old School:

New School:
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
loving the effects and presentation. One question, is this game being made on 1.0 or winmugen?

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline rednavi

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »
Just... dont bother me here Uche ok?

loving the effects and presentation. One question, is this game being made on 1.0 or winmugen?

Nope...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
those are some really really nice effects. darn good job right there . :thumbsup:  A nests Game...oh yes i am downloading soon as available. ^:)^

i have to learn how to make my own fx as well for the project i am doing for a few characters. this is good mugen work your doing, cant wait to play this bad boy right here.  =D> =D> =D>

Offline rednavi

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
LMAO, posted this in like 6 forums and in all of them people only talk about FX, I guess my videos don't make justice to the gameplay (Hey! Even Jesuszilla liked it when he tested it, that's as far as I can go so far to realize that even someone as harsh as him did like the game).

Off-topic: it was about time for me to update my profile, the sig kept talking about CVSW 2.2.  :o
Nope...

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 11:58:07 PM »
LMAO, posted this in like 6 forums and in all of them people only talk about FX, I guess my videos don't make justice to the gameplay (Hey! Even Jesuszilla liked it when he tested it, that's as far as I can go so far to realize that even someone as harsh as him did like the game).

Off-topic: it was about time for me to update my profile, the sig kept talking about CVSW 2.2.  :o

lol nah not at all homie. the gameplay is lookin tight i peeped that. it looks real solid and sharp. im digging it. but the FX?? they just stand out a whole lot man. i mean its mugen so the flashier things are the more folks pick up on it. i cant say too much about the gameplay because i have to try it out hands on. thats just my opinion on that :-??.

But on the Kof tip or Mvc tip your game and Mr mugen (mr infinite) KOF Vs SF its hella funky lookin man :thumbsup:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

Realky? The gameplay looks awesome too. Like I said before: Shadaloo Approved!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar