collapse

Author Topic: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero  (Read 1494 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »
Note: If you have pre-ordered or are going to pre-order Dead Rising 2: Collector's Edition.. do not buy DR2: Case Zero on XBOX Live.. it comes with the Collector's edition!

Hey y'all, I just beat Dead Rising 2: Case Zero last night and it was awesome! I stayed up all night playing this prequel to the actual DR2 and it's just splendid!

How to get into the Hunting shop:
(click to show/hide)

I like the overall game because it gives us a sense of what to expect for Dead Rising 2 and the reality of it all. You're much more limited on a lot more stuff, because in Dead Rising 1 they kinda handed you weapons like candy... It's about the same here, but you have to go to places to find stuff... Don't expect to go on the street and be able to pick up a huge boulder.. lol.. there are usually 2x4's and possibly a bat or 2 lying around for ya to kick some zombie tail with.

Here's the ending credits song, also... I did get ending A and it was quite good, but I couldn't tell if it was just a thief that stole the truck or what... I guess I accidentally hit A when the opening was playing... LMAO!

TomBewley

Re: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
I got this yesterday (and what a bargain price of 400 points!). I'm not sure if it has the same charm as the first game but the small gameplay changes make a huge difference. The survivors are no longer useless and the aiming of weapons is much better. They've kept the same save and time system as the first game but unlike some people I like it, it gives more replay value and a sense of urgency.

However I do miss our dear old reporter who has covered wars! I cannot wait until it's released though.

Paddle-saw =  ;D

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »
Case Zero is great! I love all of the weapon combos, I'd say my favorite so far is either the Boom Stick or Electric rake. The Beer Helmet is also really useful, especially against the boss. Speaking of which, the theme that plays during the fight is pretty cool. Definitely getting DR2 the day its released.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00:28 AM »
@D-X: Yea, the save system is actually quite realistic too, and I see how an auto save feature would be unrealistic, but omg... I forgot to save the game when I had all the bike parts... I had to start back at rescuing like 3 groups of survivors and only 2 bike parts... I had to shut it off for an hour... so pissed! lol...

And yea, the combo weapons! I especially love the electric rake and the shotgun rake combo weapon... I wonder if there's one with the broadsword or the assault rifle.. i didn't really try but im sure there will be in DR2... and omg! I cant wait to ride that awesome bike! and I want to see if I can put an assault rifle in the front too maybe.. or like 2 pistols! that would be b....A!

Offline Near

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 05:14:51 AM »
cool Prologue!!  :w00t:

i beat the game with ending D and A. the mixable weapon remainds me of Power Stone2... *___*

only one thing:   if i have preordered the colletor edition of DR2 for Playstation3 i have the case zero too or not???  :-SS
Sorry for my poor english but i'm italian... :P

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:38:55 AM »
Yea, it comes with the collector's edition.. so if you bought it now... you kinda wasted money.. especially if Case Zero is going to be on the DR2 Collector's Edition disc or will have its own disc... If it comes in code form, then just give it to a relative or good friend or something since you already have it lol..

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
All the combo weapons in Case Zero:

(click to show/hide)

Combo Weapons in DR2:

(click to show/hide)

BONUS: COMBO VEHICLES

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:25:29 PM by Uqııce »

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
All the combo weapons in Case Zero:

(click to show/hide)

Combo Weapons in DR2:

(click to show/hide)

BONUS: COMBO VEHICLES

(click to show/hide)

Those sounds bad f*cking butt!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
OMG! I'm stopping after what I just played.. I just played the whole thing in a straight shot.. just to get the rescue all survivors achievement.. I DIDNT EVEN GET IT! I apparently left this one lady from the bowling alley behind... BUT SHE WAS STANDING RIGHT BY THE DOOR WHEN I HIT B!!!!!!! omg.. I hope DR2 doesn't do that, because I surely will be pissed!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »
Yet another another lady destroys Dead Rising. (The first was the old lady in DR1)

Offline Near

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 04:47:05 AM »
Yea, it comes with the collector's edition.. so if you bought it now... you kinda wasted money.. especially if Case Zero is going to be on the DR2 Collector's Edition disc or will have its own disc... If it comes in code form, then just give it to a relative or good friend or something since you already have it lol..

yes but is not a exclusive for xbox? i wanna know if in the collector for plastation3 there is or not...  :-w
Sorry for my poor english but i'm italian... :P

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 06:32:03 AM »
 ^^(PM)^

Well.. there's a problem with that.. DR1 was never on Playstation 3, so why would you even get it for PS3 when you should have the first one for 360? Keep it the same kinda thing... I'm surprised the 2nd one's going to be on PS3... :-??

Well this release was merely a taste of things to come to prep for DR2... so.. it's possible it could be on the disc... but I just looked on both amazon, gamestop, and google lol.. and I'm seeing that it's not on the Playstation 3 version. It seems as though it was made just for the XBOX 360 version, but I know the Collector's edition for the 360 should come with it, the PS3 version won't.

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
Well.. there's a problem with that.. DR1 was never on Playstation 3, so why would you even get it for PS3 when you should have the first one for 360?
Why not?
That didn't make much sense :p, I have Mass Effect for the 360, but that thing doesn't want to read my Mass Effect 2 disc, so I'll be getting it for the PS3 instead.
I'm surprised the 2nd one's going to be on PS3... :-??
You shouldn't.
Do you think that a company like Capcom could ignore an userbase of almost 39 Million PS3 owners?
And in DR the story isn't that important (Unlike the MGS franchise)

But OT: Yes, it's 'exclusive' for the Xbox 360 atm.

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »
I have both a PS3 and 360... and i'll be getting DR2 for 360...  mainly for one reason..

because of Case Zero, Since i have already got all the achievements for it and maxed out my level as high as i can in Case Zero... It will be easier when i start DR2.... i get to transfer all my stats from Case Zero to DR2.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 10:40:59 AM »
Makes sense. I mainly use my PS3, and I won't pay for DR2:C0, I'm too cheap.

TomBewley

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 01:23:12 PM »
Caze Zero is Xbox exclusive and will not be coming to the PS3. Microsoft wanted something in return for allowing DR2 to go multiplatform (I mean it's not like DR1 appeared on any other console....oh wait!)

However it may be ported to PS3 eventually. Microsoft also said that the GTA4 stories would be Xbox exclusive. What they failed to mention is that they were timed exclusives!

I did want Case Zero to tie the story more. It is essentially a demo of the full game that we paid for....it's not as if it adds anything story wise. Well very little at least

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »
Why not?
That didn't make much sense :p, I have Mass Effect for the 360, but that thing doesn't want to read my Mass Effect 2 disc, so I'll be getting it for the PS3 instead.You shouldn't.
Do you think that a company like Capcom could ignore an userbase of almost 39 Million PS3 owners?
And in DR the story isn't that important (Unlike the MGS franchise)

But OT: Yes, it's 'exclusive' for the Xbox 360 atm.
It does make sense, because they each system has exclusives like PS3 has God of War, 360 has DR1, and both have more of course, but just giving examples. And I have no idea what you're talking about with the Mass Effect thing.. that didnt make sense whatsoever lol.. Also, yes, sometimes companies do ignore other userbases, just like games like God of War and Gran Turismo.. Sure they were on the PS2, but now all they're doing is moving them to the PS3.. they're ignoring their fans that only have a 360... just like companies sometimes ignore the fans that have PS3's..

I hope you see what I'm saying there... Everyone complains that the PS3 is missing out on a ton of great games, when in fact we (360 users) are missing out on some great games as well.

Also, you saying the MGS story is more important than the DR story is an opinion. Just like my opinion is that I happen to find the DR story much more interesting. Why? I love zombie stories, and I could care less for MGS especially the first 2 games.. they were really boring and I fell asleep playing them. AGAIN... MY OPINION.. just like you have yours.

@D-X: Yea, It does feel like a demo, and I wish DR1 had something like this but going over the story again it would seem nearly impossible to.. I'm glad they did for this one, especially the data transfer thing from Case Zero to 2.. that's so awesome. Gives us 360 owners a little bonus. ;)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »
@ atice
dont act dumb you know what random mod meant. DR1 and 2 may have refernces to each other but if you try to play mgs4 without having played the first 3 you would be completely oblivious to whats going on. Opinion or not you will NOT be able to follow. BTW gran turismo is sony developed and published its like mario is to nintendo.

Game looks ok i got points on one of my xbl accts so i may scoop it
(click to show/hide)

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 03:43:17 AM »
@ Atice
No, it doesn't make sense lol
Don't you understand that Capcom is a Third Party Publisher?
They want to sell as much games as they can, so going multi-platform is their best choice, like I said the PS3 has a solid install base, why would Capcom ignore them?More gamers= More money (Example: Square Enix)
And about GoW and GT: Polyphony and Sony Santa Monica are owned by Sony (See the name: Sony in Santa Monica) so the chances of seeing GoW and GT on the 360 is -0%, games like Gears Of War could be transfered to the PS3 if Epic Games wanted it (Not that I care, I'll play it on my 360 instead)
Exclusives games rely on 5 things: A Contract (Timed exclusives) Money (SC:C) Hardware (Valve with L4D/the rest) First Party games, or in Kojima's (MGS4) case: A strong relationship with a company (Sony)
About ME: Yeah it didn't :D But what I wanted to say with that, was that it isn't that wrong to get another part of the game on another console, specially in DR's case.

Also, read YungKratos' comment about MGS :p

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Groovey and great news. been away in VA since last week so i missed out. i guess ill tap into this! :thumbsup:

EDIT
downloaded the game. pretty flavaful. Thank god the Survivors are smarter! 8=|

i gotta put some more time into the game later but its cool so far. ill rack up my points so i can flush em over to DR2 release. :O*D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:09:02 AM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 11:08:40 AM »
@DEMONKAI: Yea and...

(click to show/hide)

It is very fun and can't wait for DR2 to finally come out!! 'Tis gonna be epic!
(Yes, I love the story so bark elsewhere if you hate my comment.. thanks. =-p)

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »
lol they already found glitches to get out of the map.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:08 PM »
@DEMONKAI: Yea and...

(click to show/hide)

It is very fun and can't wait for DR2 to finally come out!! 'Tis gonna be epic!
(Yes, I love the story so bark elsewhere if you hate my comment.. thanks. =-p)

i love DR period. maybe its cuz im a zombie fan :-?? but cool on the heads up! i played a bit but not a lot cuz i was too tired. but ill get it in today!! >:D im itchin like a zombie to play DR2 =P~

HAIL CROM!!

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
I think one of the coolest things i have gotten in Case Zero is the "Queen" Insect.
when i first saw it i didnt know what it was... it was just this lil red thing flying around... when i got it, it gave me a little jar... but the coolest thing about it is when you throw it down when alot of zombies are around...
all the zombies stop in place.. and start shaking, then there heads blow up... cooling looking thing in Case Zero.

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 21, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
That had those in DR1. You ever play that?

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
yea... but i stopped playing it when it said the game was over because the "story was lost"... that pissed me off.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »
yea... but i stopped playing it when it said the game was over because the "story was lost"... that pissed me off.

lol yeh DR1 is tough as egg shells man. im doing good with all the cases in DR1 but i stopped playing for a long while. i never get the real ending so now im taking my time. Its a personal achievement haha

but yeh that queen bee thing was in DR1 like he said and hell yeh that sh*t saves your butt a lot of times. its like with DR1 (and prolly DR2 also) you have to have a game plan on what you are going to do and where you are going to go first and save save save the game! If not then u will find yourself screwing up everytime and people just dying. but in short i just focus on the missions important which are the cases. some people i just let die if it comes to that. Most ive saved all at one time barely were 9. but then again u get into the game where u want to save the people you see. eh its a strategy man against the clock
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:46:17 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 21, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »
I got the real ending on my first playthrough.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »

Who is this guy next to Chuck? Random survivor, co-op partner, or...someone else?   :O*D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »

Who is this guy next to Chuck? Random survivor, co-op partner, or...someone else?   :O*D

lol i know where youre going with that ;*))

and yeh he does look like Ol Boy Frank west from the back. I would be surprised if hes a special guest easter egg :O*D

I beat DR2 C zero last night and man it kinda got me amped! ;D
I got the real ending. failed the first 3 times in different ways but the 4th try i nailed it good.

those goes guys that had the damn handle bars i freakin killed them dudes. time was tickin heavy and i did everything hella too close lol but it was exciting racing against the clock >:D awesome ending. man i wish the 28th would get here sooner! :'(

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dead-rising-2-case-west-announced/2471

Dead Rising 2: Case West ANNOUNCED! It's the epilogue to the DR2 that's coming out soon... =-)

And guess who's in it... Not only Chuck.. BUT FRANK WEST BABY! YEAH!

So contrary to that wall we saw in a safe room in L4D2, that hardass is ALIVE!

TomBewley

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »
XBox 360 Exclusive makes me sad

But my brother does have a 360, hence how I was able to play Case Zero

Does this mean DR2 won't have a proper ending though...?

Sounds good though! I look forward to it

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
It'll probably have a similar good ending like DR1... and then go to the epilogue.. so.. SUCKS TO BE YOU PS3 OWNERS! :P

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
I'm a PS3 owner.... but lucky for me i own a 360 as well... i already got Case Zero, i already pre-ordered DR2.. and now here is something else i will be getting..

Offline The Anvil

• Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dead-rising-2-case-west-announced/2471

Dead Rising 2: Case West ANNOUNCED! It's the epilogue to the DR2 that's coming out soon... =-)

And guess who's in it... Not only Chuck.. BUT FRANK WEST BABY! YEAH!

So contrary to that wall we saw in a safe room in L4D2, that hardass is ALIVE!

Enlighten me please.

Case WEST. YEAH.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »
Groovey!! :w00t:

HAIL CROM!!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 10:47:21 PM »
Nice! Hope its Co-Op.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar