collapse

Author Topic: Twelve (primarily correction-based update)  (Read 830 times)

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
  • Last Login:August 05, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
    • Email
Twelve (primarily correction-based update)
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

Twelve has been updated:
-Standing and crouching parries are in, and can do red parry for both too. It's based off of Necro's parrying code from his Yun only MUCH more accurate to the original sf3's parry setup.
-Most anims save for special attacks had their timing corrected, and in the case of the crouching HK, missing frames added.
-Points where you regain control of him during the recoil point of an attack added in for all basic attacks.
-Added intro vs himself. Tweaked his regular intro a bit to have some more fluidity to it.
-Btw, checked through all his in-game sprites: the commie winpose officially does not exist, it was just a rumor :P

Anyway, there will probably be another update down the pike very soon, that should finish up what's left for the basics, N.D.L., and get A.X.E. hitting, aerial parry, and taking care of the rest from there. Hope you like this for now, he should play a lot better.

http://randomselect.i-xcell.com
Hosted -> Hosted Characters -> Kung Fu Man

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
Re: Twelve (primarily correction-based update)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
i will try him out thanks.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:09:09 PM »
Nice!Downloading and testing the new stuff right now,although i`ve never been good at parrying...
 L-)

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:42:49 AM »
Because everyone finds it epicly exciting, noticed my parry handling was overlooking some things, so I'm going to probably release another update and a patch for said update once I get AXE squared away.

Anyway, when you parry in SF3, the opponent gets frozen for 18 ticks: translating this in mugen to at least 18 ticks for some of those longer hit pause attacks (you know the ones). Parrying projectiles seems to cause different behavior too it seems, not really freezing them...I'll examine this a bit closer and try to replicate it.

Anyway, the next update will indeed include aerial parry, fixed NDL and AXE, and probably DRA too. The throws are going to be a problem however, as in game they use very specific animation frames that aren't standard in mugen, so I'll have to wing some of it for the gethit anim to look right on general characters.

Btw, taking suggestions on possible extras to give him, as well as something seriously to do for a XCOPY replacement, as that move can't be done in mugen without a ton of work and compatability with the opponent on a very fine scale.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 08:22:36 AM »
Because everyone finds it epicly exciting, noticed my parry handling was overlooking some things, so I'm going to probably release another update and a patch for said update once I get AXE squared away.

Anyway, when you parry in SF3, the opponent gets frozen for 18 ticks: translating this in mugen to at least 18 ticks for some of those longer hit pause attacks (you know the ones). Parrying projectiles seems to cause different behavior too it seems, not really freezing them...I'll examine this a bit closer and try to replicate it.

Anyway, the next update will indeed include aerial parry, fixed NDL and AXE, and probably DRA too. The throws are going to be a problem however, as in game they use very specific animation frames that aren't standard in mugen, so I'll have to wing some of it for the gethit anim to look right on general characters.

Btw, taking suggestions on possible extras to give him, as well as something seriously to do for a XCOPY replacement, as that move can't be done in mugen without a ton of work and compatability with the opponent on a very fine scale.
How about something like Spiral's Metamorphosis?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
I'd like to point out that programming the parrys can be quite tricky, congrats to KFM for the new update.

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:29:16 AM »
Indeed x.X Though now the parry setup used there is obsolete to the one I've got programmed now for the next update...I'll c&p my post from Guild on this and other tidbits:

Yeah, experimented with it more and found the parrying of projectiles shoves the player into a regular parry like it was a player attack, only without pausing the opponent and the projectile itself, something in the long run that wasn't too difficult to replicate. Of interesting note while I'm here, you can attack after 16 ticks in either one in the original SF3, and move after 19 (you're invincible until you can move of course, allowing you to block or better counterattack what's coming at you).

The majority of people that have given their characters parry pause the whole shabang no matter what hits them, and then they end up completely mobile at one point. Pretty much, this is probably where I got the sense parrying was cheap from mugen chars I played, as this leaves room for a large advantage done right. Keep in mind though I've only tested this with Twelve, and other characters may be different (Byakko's confirmed CvS is shorter on the time window), so people might experiment with this some as we do have frame advance to work with now.

Twelve's throws involve grabbing the opponent by the leg and flinging them into the air (or slamming them into the ground), and the alternative is to coil around them and crush them. The standard idea seems a good one I'll probably go with: got Yun, Yang, Remy, Twelve, Necro, Shin Akuma, and Urien to at least get everyone standardized for throws, and hope other folks follow. Just the generic anims that'll worry me, but something will work out.

Only suggestion I've gotten thus far for an alt for XCOPY is something like Spiral's Metamorphosis...kicker is that would be odd given Twelve takes time to morph, and that it's a lot like his XFLAT super in terms of beatdown, it'd probably be a bad idea to go with that.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:35:44 AM »
At least I gave one :)

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »
At least I gave one :)

Indeed, not knocking ya for it either. That last bit was in reply to Ninja_Naruto and Cybaster, who had no idea what could be suggested for a replacement and stated such :P

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar