collapse

Author Topic: about warehouses.........  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
about warehouses.........
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »
i want to know are they good or bad is it the question

because i was visiting my friend (he is beginning in this of mugen) and he was downloading chars for something called the mugen depot or something and

they were very strange LOL a black guile,the infamous omega TH,MYSP,iceli,two-eyes sagat and more

i want to know your opinions (i think the warehouses steal the char from they respective autors sooooooo, it is bad)

please reply

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: about warehouses.........
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »
yes they are bad  stealing creations from hard working creators is bad m'kay  :|  and wrong place this should be in mugen discussion

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
Apparently they are now okay with the community....

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:46:48 AM »
most but Not all

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »
you think the same way as me!!!! =D>

Offline xM.Ξ.†.Λ.L.G.Ξ.Λ.Rx™

• VIDEO ARTIST
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 27, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
  • -I AM MY OWN SELF-
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »
Hey the warehousing needs to stop because it is ruining the mugen community.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
yeah there are less mugen chars pages and more warehouses pages it is annoyng :'(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »
My feeling is that leeked and Private stuff shouldnt be wharehoused, but once released I dont see how you can stop it. You can be vocal about it, but no ones going to stop them. I personally feel like people take MUGEN a tad too seriously, but I try to respect everyones opinion at the the same time.

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
  • Last Login:August 05, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
MugenGuild and MI != most of the community.

Warehousing is hosting done with no regard for the original creator or his wishes, usually stuff both offline and online, even if the work or creator has specificly stated don't host my work and left that as a final point. Warehouses usually justify themselves as "needing to host everything for the sake of completion" even though they themselves realize they won't reach their goal. It harms the community because it robs people of the choice to step up and say "no, don't do this with my work", and the fact that in many cases readmes are removed from warehoused works or older versions are those that are actually hosted, doesn't help matters.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 12:05:15 PM »
Here's my opinion.

Is the act of warehousing bad?: To me, not really.

What about leaked characters and privates: That's bad. And while the thought that some people are so sensitive to anyone even messing with a copy of their character that they go private bugs me, I don't believe privates should be leaked to the public, if only for the fact that it involves ruined trust.

Online: I'll admit, some online creations are really, freaking hard to find. Still  <_<|...| <_<|google|

Offline: Yeah.

Warehouses ruining Mugen?: To me, it's not really warehousing ruining mugen, moreso people's responses to it. And peoples responses to it ends up making more warehousers (say, making a character private). Really, to me, if people mostly just stopped caring if a horribly unfinished beta gets warehoused, then there would be fewer problems.

Warehousers steal!!!: Debatable.

What?: To me, there are 3 main kinds of warehousers/warehouse supporters. The ones who don't know what they are doing, the "spite warehousers" who warehouse stuff out of spite, and the "Robin Hood Warehouser", who tries to help the community with warehousing.

:) :-j Scissors beats paper!

>o:-( :) But Cutman beats scissors!
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline grandma

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2011, 12:42:48 AM
  • /dark magic
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 12:09:37 PM »
Here's my opinion.

What about leaked characters and privates: That's bad. And while the thought that some people are so sensitive to anyone even messing with a copy of their character that they go private bugs me, I don't believe privates should be leaked to the public, if only for the fact that it involves ruined trust.

Online: I'll admit, some online creations are really, freaking hard to find. Still  <_<|...| <_<|google|

Warehouses ruining Mugen?: To me, it's not really warehousing ruining mugen, moreso people's responses to it. And peoples responses to it ends up making more warehousers (say, making a character private). Really, to me, if people mostly just stopped caring if a horribly unfinished beta gets warehoused, then there would be fewer problems.

What?: To me, there are 3 main kinds of warehousers/warehouse supporters. The ones who don't know what they are doing, the "spite warehousers" who warehouse stuff out of spite, and the "Robin Hood Warehouser", who tries to help the community with warehousing.

i second all of that.  especially the cutman part.
violence

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
MugenGuild and MI != most of the community.

Warehousing is hosting done with no regard for the original creator or his wishes, usually stuff both offline and online, even if the work or creator has specificly stated don't host my work and left that as a final point. Warehouses usually justify themselves as "needing to host everything for the sake of completion" even though they themselves realize they won't reach their goal. It harms the community because it robs people of the choice to step up and say "no, don't do this with my work", and the fact that in many cases readmes are removed from warehoused works or older versions are those that are actually hosted, doesn't help matters.

Im in no way saying youre wrong, but its put out for free, non-copy-write, and many sprites used without any expressed written permission from the companies, or the origional artists. The only way I can see to to avoid warehousing is to make all characters private. No ones going to reason with warehousers, and theres not a legal foot to stand on.

Problem is its a respect issue, and we're a Mugen community divided. While I would never upload stuff for public sharing, theres 5000 other guys, who dont share the same views as me. I just dont see how it can be stopped. It just makes for more Drama, which makes up about 90% of the reason why people quit MUGEN communities. Sometimes the drama makes me think this is a doomed hobby.  :(

Again I agree with your standpoint, it just doesnt personally affect me. What does is the endless fighting between the differant sides, and drama. And the rest of us who make up the vast majority of the community feel conflicted, confused, and divided by these issues of a small segment of Creators vs Misc villians, or whatever issue is at hand on a given day.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
Here's my opinion.

How do you think the act of warehousing is not bad? I dont understand that...
First off its totaly disrespectful.
Second off, it stops people form going to the creator's website which the creator had to put time and/or money into making.
The only thing someone would say is good about it is the fact you can get a bunch of chars in one easy to go to spot.
But that is wrong. It come out of people being lazy, too lazy to use google or even care about searching.

Offline OrwellianDawn

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 25, 2009, 01:04:23 AM
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
Too bad Google isn't worth the millions poured into it.

Offline Shadow

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 30, 2010, 09:31:35 PM
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »
 <_<|google|

You're all so archaic.  Be creative when thinking about how to include readmes.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 03:17:53 PM »
Here's my opinion.

How do you think the act of warehousing is not bad?

Read my post.

I dont understand that...

Depends on intent and what's being warehoused, and who's stuff is being warehoused.

Second off, it stops people form going to the creator's website which the creator had to put time and/or money into making.

One, not all creators have websites. Two, it may *make* more people go to the creator's websites. It depends on the person.

The only thing someone would say is good about it is the fact you can get a bunch of chars in one easy to go to spot.
But that is wrong. It come out of people being lazy, too lazy to use google or even care about searching.

Even warehouses must be Googled. I mean, as far as I know, the "legit" sites are the most advertised anyways. How much advertisement does warehousing sites get?

Frankly, I wonder if you really read my post.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »
your opinions convince anybody the warehouses are bad i will never enter any warehouse

>:-(-|

i will make more ""about topics""

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »
Here's my opinion.

Read my post.

Depends on intent and what's being warehoused, and who's stuff is being warehoused.

One, not all creators have websites. Two, it may *make* more people go to the creator's websites. It depends on the person.

Even warehouses must be Googled. I mean, as far as I know, the "legit" sites are the most advertised anyways. How much advertisement does warehousing sites get?

Yes i read your post, and no it dosnt matter about intent, the ends do not justify the means.
So what if i character that is online is hard to find, its still online and shouldnt be warehoused

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »
Disrespectful depends on the creators feelings, things Ive done are warehoused, and it doesnt offend me, or my teamates. But lets say it is disrespectful, how do you combat it?

Creators have a choice to deal with it, or quit. It wont stop, and the fact is the majority of people with this hobby will, or have downloaded something off a wharehouse at some point. I just dont see how you combat it. Guys get flagged on esnips all the time, and the files are back up in a couple days. I know, I tried to get something pulled off a guys site. What eventually worked was just asking him to remove it nicely, and he did.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 04:11:50 PM »
Well some mugen creators have more faith in humanity than Jesus himself. If something is online just don't host it. If something is offline, I believe it should be hosted. This is the kind of content IMO should be hosted. Private and WIPs shouldn't be hosted.  If a warehouse housed only offline creations, that is ok with me. I see nothing wrong with sendspacing publicly offline creations as well. If everyone and their mother can pm you or ask you to email you the creation, it is just the same as hosting on a send space or mega share, etc.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »
Here's my opinion.

Read my post.

Yes i read your post, and no it dosnt matter about intent, the ends do not justify the means.
So what if i character that is online is hard to find, its still online and shouldnt be warehoused

I never said online stuff should be warehoused. Why do you think I had  <_<|google| ?

In short, I said that warehousing isn't so bad, but I don't agree with warehousing leaked betas, privates, and online creations. I'm not pro- or anti- warehousing, but I don't agree with *most* warehousing.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
they are good in a sense. since most people go to warehouses at the beginning because they are unaware of how the mugen community is ran. also while i do not care if warehouse go or stay i will not be in a crusade to crucify people that create warehouses. i mean why take such a big time for that when one can be creating or enjoying life.

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 07:49:50 PM »
I never said online stuff should be warehoused. Why do you think I had  <_<|google| ?

In short, I said that warehousing isn't so bad, but I don't agree with warehousing leaked betas, privates, and online creations. I'm not pro- or anti- warehousing, but I don't agree with *most* warehousing.

I pretty much agree with your stance. But privates and betas getting warehoused are truly the creators fault for trusting someone online. 8-} If you care this much for your work, don't share it until its done. I suppose having an anticipated wip is alot of pressure for some, but don't give in. Make em wait....... :-w

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
  • Last Login:August 05, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 12:32:46 AM »
I'm wondering when a lot of people will realize in 99% of cases where a private character is passed around, it's becuase it's a private beta to be tested for releasing at a later time. It's basically a matter of getting it tested, checked out, and as perfect as possible before releasing in these cases.

You should rarely condemn a creator for having a leak hit them: it's bad enough they got screwed, they don't need some random guy who knows jack about them how they should do their business and that it's their fault. You should be finding and bashing the leaker if it was an act of maliscousness, being more concerned on preventing him from having access to anyone else that may be violated.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 12:42:47 AM »
I'm wondering when a lot of people will realize in 99% of cases where a private character is passed around, it's becuase it's a private beta to be tested for releasing at a later time. It's basically a matter of getting it tested, checked out, and as perfect as possible before releasing in these cases.

You should rarely condemn a creator for having a leak hit them: it's bad enough they got screwed, they don't need some random guy who knows jack about them how they should do their business and that it's their fault. You should be finding and bashing the leaker if it was an act of maliscousness, being more concerned on preventing him from having access to anyone else that may be violated.

I totaly agree with you. It hurts when you get your trust violated. Im going to be very careful when i pick my beta testers.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar