collapse

Author Topic: replacing sprites problem......  (Read 630 times)

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 08:40:26 AM
    • Email
replacing sprites problem......
« on: September 10, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
well since my last topic got "lost" i thought id start a new one.

im having problems replacing sprite with new ones (stance sprites) on an existing charecter. after i replace them and put the charecter into mugen it leaves "copies" behind as well as in the air. also the charecter cant do anything but move (meaning no attacks work) all i did was replace an existing sprite with a new one using the "change" button in FF. any help would be great!

also i made a new portriat scaled it to the right size replaced the old one with it made it 256 colors but it wont show up when i pick the charecter, its just blank (no pic at all)

thanks

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
Re: replacing sprites problem......
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:21:04 PM »
pallette problem i think its same for me
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »
well since my last topic got "lost" i thought id start a new one.

im having problems replacing sprite with new ones (stance sprites) on an existing charecter. after i replace them and put the charecter into mugen it leaves "copies" behind as well as in the air. also the charecter cant do anything but move (meaning no attacks work) all i did was replace an existing sprite with a new one using the "change" button in FF. any help would be great!

also i made a new portriat scaled it to the right size replaced the old one with it made it 256 colors but it wont show up when i pick the charecter, its just blank (no pic at all)

thanks

that new sprites were made into the same original palette or spritesheet?

and for the portrait:
the pic should be 120x140 256 colors, 8 bits , indexed mode, .pcx extention, and at the palette, the color that u want to be transparen most be the "256th". this is, the bottom extreme right one.

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
thanks for the reply :)

what i did was take the pallet from the "new" sprites and made a new pallet with them in the charecter im replacing them in and saved the new pallet. so when i put the new charecter in mugen the frames i added are right but the other frames are messed up, i expected that though.

i think i need to check on the indexed thing though.......

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »

what i did was take the pallet from the "new" sprites and made a new pallet with them in the charecter im replacing them in and saved the new pallet. so when i put the new charecter in mugen the frames i added are right but the other frames are messed up, i expected that though.

the thing here is that u need that the new sprites uses the original palette. for that u have to match the colors of them, aplying the original palettes and then "recolor" the sprite, or a faster way, with the palette editor and the dropper tool reasign the colors at the new sprite, taken the originals from the old one. and then select the new draw and paste it over the original one. this way the colors will perfectly match and be able to palette swapping. then save as a new sprite..

:)hope help u. i know sounds complicate, but if  u try, youll see what im talkin about

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »
so even though im not using the "shared pallet" check box it still needs to be colored with the same pallet? is that right? if so i can do that it will just be a pain :)

and just so im clear are you talking about the sprite problem im having or the portriat problem........... 8-}

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »

the thing here is that u need that the new sprites uses the original palette. for that u have to match the colors of them, aplying the original palettes and then "recolor" the sprite, or a faster way, with the palette editor and the dropper tool reasign the colors at the new sprite, taken the originals from the old one. and then select the new draw and paste it over the original one. this way the colors will perfectly match and be able to palette swapping. then save as a new sprite..

:)hope help u. i know sounds complicate, but if  u try, youll see what im talkin about

dang i cant be botherd doing that i have same problem

EDIT: problem fixed thnks marancv  #:-S
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:01:32 PM by tupac »
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
so what did you do???????????

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
Just make a palette for the new sprites. ;D

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »
that was what i did. i took the pallet of the sprites i was adding and put it into the charecter that i was adding them to. (made a new pallet)

here.....

charecter #1 { i took the sprites from him}

charecter #2 { i replaced some sprites with sprites from charecter #1}

then i made a new pallet for charecter #2 with a pallet from charecter #1

so now when i use chareter #2 all his original sprites are colored all funny (i knew this would happen) but the sprites i took from charecter #1 look perfect (i knew this would happen as well)

the problem is that the sprites i "replaced" leave copies all over the screen and all his attacks are gone. all he can do now is move forward back and jump.

i have a few ideas that ill try when i get home.......

also if i send someone the NEW pallet and the pic i want to use for a new portriat and the smaller one that goes on the lifebar could someone make them for me???? pretty please :):):) this one is driving me more nuts than the problem above  ~X( ~X(

Offline shin fuuma

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:57:34 AM »
i figured it out, i deleted something i shouldnt have in the def, once i replaced it every thing worked like it should :) :-j

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.