Author Topic: Bane  (Read 17370 times)

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 24, 2022, 09:33:25 PM
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
Re: Bane
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »
Hehe, thanks man. I'll be sure to help you out with that. :)

"Lord...I've been a good mantis...I've PRAYED..."- Mike Nelson MST3k

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
Dude the new design you guys made for him is wicked..

Im totally freaking out on how much of a beast hes gonna be...

Bye-Bye Batman..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
Ugh, I can't think of one time I've read something Spiderclone typed and DIDN'T facepalm out of irritation.

*Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Yeah he was really cool one day, then the next it one line put downs.  :-??

The palette is really great here Batz, not only does the character look great and actually match the comic representation of him, he also will be able to swtich around costumes with is a great addition.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 11:12:02 PM
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2009, 01:32:48 AM »
Hehe, thanks man. I'll be sure to help you out with that. :)
Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Dude the new design you guys made for him is wicked..

Im totally freaking out on how much of a beast hes gonna be...

Bye-Bye Batman..

Thanks, man. Means a lot. I know I can't wait to see how he turns out either.

The palette is really great here Batz, not only does the character look great and actually match the comic representation of him, he also will be able to swtich around costumes with is a great addition.
Yea, I really wanted him to have a smart pal. Never done it before, so I thought I'd try with him.

When it's all said and done, he's who I wanna be known for. Nothing that came before or comes after matters as much as he does. He is the "end all, be all" to me. ::salute::

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Playing Enemy

• Portrait & Screenpack Creator
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Royalty7 - The best decision I ever made
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:03 AM »
I just have to say, that Bane sprite in your sig is one of thee coolest and best sprites I've ever seen, possibly the best ever. HOLY CRAP it's amazing!  :o
I can't believe he's actually going to look like that. I already thought he was one of the best looking characters ever, but now, I'm just blown away. You have definitely got some skill. =D> =D> =D>

"Maybe I am what they say I am.  A maniac...a psycho killer."

Offline catbat74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2009, 10:01:20 AM »
I just have to say, that Bane sprite in your sig is one of thee coolest and best sprites I've ever seen, possibly the best ever. HOLY CRAP it's amazing!  :o
I can't believe he's actually going to look like that. I already thought he was one of the best looking characters ever, but now, I'm just blown away. You have definitely got some skill. =D> =D> =D>
^^(PM)^  i agree, and I thought Loganirs Bane was good....didn't think anyone could possibly outdo one of his characters...but this Bane looks so much better, just one thought, hope he says "I will break you!!!"

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »
Shown this at one other place before, but thought I'd post it here now.

His back walk. Not the most exciting, I know, but it's better then nothing. Right.? Anyways, I'll try making it screen shots beyond this point, even if it's fake ones as I obviously won't be coding him. ;*))

I do have more done, btw, just not shown is all. ;)

Sorry to disappoint then, but the one in my sig is no longer how he'll be looking. IMO he got a major upgrade. Either way, thanks. :)

^^(PM)^  i agree, and I thought Loganirs Bane was good....didn't think anyone could possibly outdo one of his characters...but this Bane looks so much better, just one thought, hope he says "I will break you!!!"
Thanks. Loganir's Bane is coded perfectly, just think the base chosen wasn't suiting of him at all. Anyways, he will be saying many things he's known for (like the line you mentioned). :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »

Looking great. Just one thing though, his belt buckle looks rather odd not having any movement, especially as it doesn't appear to be centre on his waist

He is looking really detailed and with very clean sprites with a very fluid motion.

So will he have two modes then? Normal and venom mode? If so that's a lot more sprites to do, if not double, so this character truely will be epic!

Offline Playing Enemy

• Contributor
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
Sorry to disappoint then, but the one in my sig is no longer how he'll be looking. IMO he got a major upgrade. Either way, thanks. :)

Sorry man, I always do that. I just get the avy's and sig's mixed up for some reason. I was totally talking about the one in your avatar though. I almost got confused when you said he looks different and saw the animation you posted, then realized I messed up. That animation looks good by the way. I agree the belt needs some subtle movement though, maybe the neck too but I'd have to see it to know for sure.  :)

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »
his back walk looks excellent
i wud love to see the back breaker move animated  ;)

sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2009, 11:11:37 PM »
Looking great. Just one thing though, his belt buckle looks rather odd not having any movement, especially as it doesn't appear to be centre on his waist

He is looking really detailed and with very clean sprites with a very fluid motion.

So will he have two modes then? Normal and venom mode? If so that's a lot more sprites to do, if not double, so this character truely will be epic!
I can add a little movement to the buckle, no prob.

About how exactly he'll play out, well, still trying to keep that under wraps 'til I can see what can be coded. Though I do have a whole lot planned for him. Mums is the word atm. :-$

Sorry man, I always do that. I just get the avy's and sig's mixed up for some reason. I was totally talking about the one in your avatar though. I almost got confused when you said he looks different and saw the animation you posted, then realized I messed up. That animation looks good by the way. I agree the belt needs some subtle movement though, maybe the neck too but I'd have to see it to know for sure.  :)
Oh, alright. It's all good. I still like the old design a lot, just not as much as I do the new design. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline L@nce Uppercut

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 05, 2020, 07:04:48 PM
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2009, 11:16:22 PM »
Oh, alright. It's all good. I still like the old design a lot, just not as much as I do the new design. :)

I can understand how you feel. Such is the price you pay for finding new ways to make things.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:31 AM »
GOOD!

D'Arby the gambler approves this char!

Are you using Wyler as a base for his venom form? Because it looks perfect!

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
Venom form is Shigen atop Zangief, which I'm glad to see is getting good hype. I gave 'Zarro two base choices, and he chose that one and then made it look smooooooooooth.

We also discussed a few more bases that mesh with those two though, so don't worry about too much straight 'Gief or Last Blade redux going down. He's busting his butt to bring you guys something special.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
He's busting his butt to bring you guys something special.

true
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »
Curious question: If Bane went toe-to-toe with Superman, who would win?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
Venom form is Shigen atop Zangief, which I'm glad to see is getting good hype. I gave 'Zarro two base choices, and he chose that one and then made it look smooooooooooth.

We also discussed a few more bases that mesh with those two though, so don't worry about too much straight 'Gief or Last Blade redux going down. He's busting his butt to bring you guys something special.
I did make a full edit of the other bases, but it just wasn't working for what I wanted.

For the most part though, I do think I'll be frankenspriting more from those two bases (talking about limbs and not just putting those together) then adding in new stuff from others. Though, I did see one or two things from other chars I wanted to include into him. Just wish I could find another lower base similar to Zangief's. Balrog does sorta come to mind, but he doesn't have any kicks, so that's kinda pointless to me. :D

Curious question: If Bane went toe-to-toe with Superman, who would win?
This is more of a General Discussion question, but I think it'd be along the same lines when Batman would go up against Supes. Except, Batman knows how Superman works and what he's exactly capable of, Bane doesn't. So, even though much more strength would be on Bane's side then Batman's, Bane has never even met Superman (from what I know and aside from TAS), so Bane wouldn't know what he was exactly dealing with.

And unless Kryptonite was involved, Bane would break his own knee before breaking Superman's back. ;*))

(click to show/hide)

Offline Playing Enemy

• Contributor
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 01:51:26 AM »

I know this is probably a long shot, but maybe you could have two versions of Bane after you finish this one, and just give them the same coding and moves. Of course you'd have to finish all the older versions sprites, but man, I'd have to go skydiving or something after that to release some of my excitement. Both versions look awesome, and I don't think anyone has done that yet...so you could be the first... ^-^

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
Some size comparison here.

Along with redesigns for Bane's crew. Except for Bird, was really happy with his initial design, just needed to redo the sprite a bit and change colors to make it much cleaner looking.

I know this is probably a long shot, but maybe you could have two versions of Bane after you finish this one, and just give them the same coding and moves. Of course you'd have to finish all the older versions sprites, but man, I'd have to go skydiving or something after that to release some of my excitement. Both versions look awesome, and I don't think anyone has done that yet...so you could be the first... ^-^

You mean two versions of the Overdose one.? One Hugo and one Shigen.? If that's what you meant, sorry, that won't be happening. Though I did like the design a lot in the Hugo version, I'm quite relieved I found something better as he would of been incredibly hard to work with. Not even talking about the spriting, talking about the frankenspriting. Take a look through his SFF and you'll see what I mean, he moves like an overgrown baby. To turn those movements into something that could be taken seriously would be a hell of task alone.

(click to show/hide)

Offline zerodeath980

• Last Login:July 03, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
 :thumbsup: how can i download this awsome guy?

Offline catbat74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
it's a wip

Offline Playing Enemy

• Contributor
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »
If that's what you meant, sorry, that won't be happening.
That is what I meant, and that's too bad. I totally don't blame you though if Hugo was his base. Making Hugo sprites look like Bane sprites that could actually be used would almost be pointless, it would be so dang time consuming and stress causing. Either way, I'm completely content with the current version you have going for him. He really is some of the best dang sprite work I've ever seen, hands down.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2009, 05:25:36 AM »
Just to show I've still been working..

You guys have no idea how hard and time consuming it is to put together a back breaker for someone. Not even done with it yet either. o.O#

(click to show/hide)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2009, 05:32:03 AM »
Just to show I've still been working..

You guys have no idea how hard and time consuming it is to put together a back breaker for someone. Not even done with it yet either. o.O#
i love the result  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista