collapse

Author Topic: Poison Ivy by Dead-X and .Batzarro.  (Read 18860 times)

Offline daraku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 05, 2022, 04:37:27 AM
    • Email
Re: Poison Ivy by Dead-X and .Batzarro.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Wow good luck guys on her. She look great...even if she should be a bit much tiny like Poison in my opinion.

TomBewley

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
I see people went off on a tangent here lol

Wow good luck guys on her. She look great...even if she should be a bit much tiny like Poison in my opinion.

Thanks, although the only part of Poison is the hair. Apart from that and the blowing a kiss, everything is different. Ivy is quite shorter than Poison as well. I think it'll be quite hard for her not to appear like Poison due to the hair, but it just makes everything so much easier. But once you get past that you will see that she is rather different!

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
i see alot of potential in this character
u need any ideas for her?
let me know if not its all gud
peace and gud luck on this
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
i see alot of potential in this character
u need any ideas for her?
let me know if not its all gud
peace and gud luck on this

>:-(-| Are you still working on Doomsday? He sure could be added to this project!

Offline darkseid DC

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:27:00 AM
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
Good Luck with the char, she appear to be awesome
I think this video would help you

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
>:-(-| Are you still working on Doomsday? He sure could be added to this project!

lol nah this is just an avatar dark talbain and i think sum1 else done for me
i dont know nothing bout spriting or coding but yeah hopefully there will be a doomsday for this project
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

TomBewley

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »
Good Luck with the char, she appear to be awesome
I think this video would help you

I'm looking forward to this game so much! I'm not too sure on the outfit, but she still looks great! One thing though, that video says she is 5'8" and I thought she was 5'6" due to the DC Wiki, which has now changed stating she is 5'9". I actually quite like her voice in this game as well, but it reminds me so much of someone but I'm not sure who....seems like a cross between Uma Thurman and Diane Pershing but it works!

Now this proves a problem. I have made Ivy 5'8" wearing heels, as I believed her to be smaller. Do you guys thinks she looks a good size? She is wearing heels though which does make her seem taller.......   ~X(

Well as long as she's not too short or tall then that's fine. I may manually resize a few sprites, nothing too major though

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »
I'm looking forward to this game so much! I'm not too sure on the outfit, but she still looks great! One thing though, that video says she is 5'8" and I thought she was 5'6" due to the DC Wiki, which has now changed stating she is 5'9". I actually quite like her voice in this game as well, but it reminds me so much of someone but I'm not sure who....seems like a cross between Uma Thurman and Diane Pershing but it works!

Now this proves a problem. I have made Ivy 5'8" wearing heels, as I believed her to be smaller. Do you guys thinks she looks a good size? She is wearing heels though which does make her seem taller.......   ~X(

Well as long as she's not too short or tall then that's fine. I may manually resize a few sprites, nothing too major though

That was my first thought when I seen this WIP . " Why the hell is she so tall " I just didn't want to say anything . But since you brought it up , yeah I think she is way too tall . Ivy is kind of like a little wood nymph . That's the way I fondly remember he being depicted .

Whatever you do with her . Carry on . I'm hard to please when it comes to Batman characters . lol
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 11:12:02 PM
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »
The size on her is perfectly fine. I don't see any reason to make her smaller or taller. I know they also messed around with Harl's size and weight too, so I really think it's no biggy at all. If you're bothered by it though, then go ahead and make her smaller. Either way, looks good. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 12:54:14 PM »
That was my first thought when I seen this WIP . " Why the hell is she so tall " I just didn't want to say anything . But since you brought it up , yeah I think she is way too tall . Ivy is kind of like a little wood nymph . That's the way I fondly remember he being depicted .

Whatever you do with her . Carry on . I'm hard to please when it comes to Batman characters . lol

But if she is officially 5'8" then is she not a good size wearing heels? She is the same size as CVS Chun Li who is 5'8" without heels.
As long as she's not any taller than that then I'm happy.  

The size on her is perfectly fine. I don't see any reason to make her smaller or taller. I know they also messed around with Harl's size and weight too, so I really think it's no biggy at all. If you're bothered by it though, then go ahead and make her smaller. Either way, looks good. :)

I was thinking the same, just wanted to make her the correct size. I was fine with her size until I saw that trailer saying her height...so I think I'll keep it as it is.

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 02:05:56 PM »
wow good luck :D

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »
Lookin good so far. If you need inspiration, check out Amingo and Alien Green for some plant-related moves.

TomBewley

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
Lookin good so far. If you need inspiration, check out Amingo and Alien Green for some plant-related moves.

We've got all the Amingo stuff, but who is Alien Green?

Offline DoktorAvidan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 24, 2011, 05:30:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 12:18:37 AM »
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/FrameSprites_Kakugeyaro.htm

Terra has an attacking/sliding flower attack.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »
Big second'd on Amingo and Alien Green, also Warzard and Capcom's D&D have some great elemental attacks as well. This is looking good, guys.

One idea: A hyper with Swamp Thing or Solomon Grundy. Neither of them is getting a full character any time soon, and they're both plant elementals. Just a thought.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline catbat74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 12:33:13 AM »
Big second'd on Amingo and Alien Green, also Warzard and Capcom's D&D have some great elemental attacks as well. This is looking good, guys.

One idea: A hyper with Swamp Thing or Solomon Grundy. Neither of them is getting a full character any time soon, and they're both plant elementals. Just a thought.

that's a hell of a cool adea :w00t:  but mabye Grundy because him and Ivy are both villians to where Swamp Thing is a hero

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »
Just in case you guys dig the Grundy idea, there's this:

Base components here:

Hope they help.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 05:14:03 AM »
One of the first things I did was rip all the plant stuff from Amingo. Have yet to check out Alien Green or any Warzard/D&D chars though. Where could we check out the sprites for the D&D chars.?

That Solomon Grundy design is plain bad @ss. Sucks for me though, as I did this design awhile back for Grundy when I was thinking about WIPing him.

Just Thanos with an edited Hulk head. Was happy with this one but when I tried other sprites for him, the base just wasn't working anymore at all. So, I gave up on it. If I'd of seen your design then, I would of definitely tried him further. Feel a bit dumb that Victor never came to mind for a base though, as that seems pretty obvious now. o.O#

In any case, maybe giving Ivy a Grundy hyper would be great. Could definitely test the waters for a future WIP here. Though it's Dead-X's call as I'm more then happy letting him take full creative control on her. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »
Yours isn't bad either. Think Buyog was using something like that for Savage Hulk's amalgam.

Emugif has the D&D series' rips, as well as a ton of other fighters and sidescroller games. Click the game's title for the sprites.

http://emugif.fcmgame.com/index/column.htm

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
Grundy makes more sense. Dr Holland is one of the most powerful majical creatures in the DCU/Vertigo Universe. He's more an avatar for the green than an elemental at present. Now Grundy being summoned from the ground ripping out of roots, or vines would look bad azz. I think I like Zarros face on his edit

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 01:42:12 PM »
Buyog is actually using all Zangief for Grundy, from what I've seen. That site does have some cool stuff on it, will have to check it out closer later. :)

(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

Thanks for the ideas ANC. I've never thought about using Grundy in a hyper and it's certainly something worth looking into. And thanks for that link. I've used that site before but I could never remember the link.

Grundy makes more sense. Dr Holland is one of the most powerful majical creatures in the DCU/Vertigo Universe. He's more an avatar for the green than an elemental at present. Now Grundy being summoned from the ground ripping out of roots, or vines would look bad azz. I think I like Zarros face on his edit

Well that certainly does sound rather nice. It's definitely making me consider using Grundy. Once I get the basics finished then Batz and myself will get busy with the rather wide range of specials and hypers that she can have.

Right now my focus is on finding or frankenspriting unique bases for her basic attacks. I can only use CVS Chun for so many of them.... however for the past and next week I am unable to do anything due to my inability to have access to my PC, and I am currently borrowing a friends laptop.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:26:07 PM by Dead-X »

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
Consider elena as a base. Nobody has used her for anything, and she had some truly gorgeous kicks.

All the same, way I see it she only needs 2 punches, 2 kicks each for standing crouching and air. HP and HK would be a wave of her arm and some sort of plant elemental attack, HP being horizontal, HK being vertical.

Given that, Chun would probably be enough.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

TomBewley

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »
I did consider Elena at one point, not quite sure why I gave up on that idea though. It might have been because I couldn't find anything suitable, but I can always have another look. She is definitely an underused base and I agree, her kicks are fantastic.

I wanted to leave plant attacks for special attacks and leave basic attacks as simple punches and kicks, but it would make things easier.... and it would certainly would allow good use of some of the plant sprites that I have.

At the moment basic attacks are a mix of Chun and Rose (with a few others thrown in, but these are the main edits) giving her a graceful feel. In fact, I can think of the perfect motion for that wave of her arm, albeit it's from a base that I really don't like editing. Well when I get access to my computer again I'll have a play around a see what takes my fancy as to what direction I'd like to take her.

Thanks for the comments and advice as well, I really appreciate it  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista