collapse

Author Topic: Release Party: Rhino  (Read 13629 times)

Offline Jedah12

• Sexy
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 23, 2010, 04:09:15 AM
  • Working in mysterious projects
    • Jedah12 Mugen Page
Re: Release Party: Rhino
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »
I'm waiting for the old Deadpool's keychain  ;*))
The sprites are very well done, Rhino go in a very good way.
Good luck with updates, and thanks to share this great char.
Excellent job  ::salute::

Offline DooM

• Graphic Artist & Badass MF
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:November 16, 2012, 06:18:23 PM
  • "Kneel before your master's throne."
    • DooM's M.U.G.E.N. Creations
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »
I'm honestly a little dissapointed that you forgot to mention about me in the credits, Batzarro.

Still, the beta is sweet. I'm curious what you will have for the full version.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2009, 06:01:58 AM »
   didnt test it..if he does his hyper, can cyclopes or ryu stop his hyper if he is hit with a

fire ball or beam hypers..if so..what about a second hyper where he does a super diving

headbutt where during his hyper portrait he slides his right foot back twice and smoke comes

out his nose like a bull and it cant be stopped like the juggernaunt headcrush hyper.

.or where he rapidly runs with shoulder charges right to left  on and off the screen..juggling the

opponet in one spot  while in the air.

.he has a football fighting style

by the way please dont change the combo system i love it. =D>

Atm, I'm pretty sure he can get hit out of the hyper. I'm sure it'll end up a little more unstoppable by the end. As for the hyper idea, don't wanna do anything like that as it would remind me too much of Lobo's bike hyper or the overused Batmobile one.

The combo system won't change though. :)

I'm honestly a little dissapointed that you forgot to mention about me in the credits, Batzarro.

Still, the beta is sweet. I'm curious what you will have for the full version.

I am real sorry about that. I actually ended up forgetting to credit a few people as that read me was a bit rushed. Thanked Excursion in there, but didn't credit him for being the one that animated the stance. That'll be updated with next release though. Again, am honestly sorry as you definitely did help improve Rhino. :)

I don't really wanna give away specifics as what type of new moves he'll have yet. From the looks of it though, he'll be having 6-7 specials, 3-4 hypers, and 3-4 intros/winposes by the end. Looking to give him some special intros too. Atleast against Spidey, Hulk, Thing, and one other special one. Still have a few things to sprite on him though, but his sprites seem to be approaching an end soon (at least for now). Then I'll be able to focus on my next WIPs much, much more. ;D

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline SPAN

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 06, 2011, 07:29:40 PM
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »
I have wanted to see a good version of this char for MUGEN for a very long time.
Brilliant foundation, great sprites, with such a good start he should end-up awesome!

Nice1 Batzarro m8  ;D

Offline vision

• Last Login:February 15, 2019, 11:06:41 PM
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »
Great work, I love the look. Very authentic, the Sinister Six is almost complete.

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
Great work, I love the look. Very authentic, the Sinister Six is almost complete.

However, Rhino is the only member of the SS to be in EOH...:|
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:49:22 PM by KudosForce »
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »
Rhino will have his own set of get hit/attack sounds, I think they just haven't been put in yet. Didn't notice anything wrong with the walk/block sounds. Though, I'm sure a heavier sounding walk would sound better if the default one is still in.

I rather like the standing HK, though I think what might look off is the placement of his leg planted on the ground. Will see if I can make that look any better.

As for the cop car sprite, it was borrowed from Wucash's Ghost Rider (w/permission). I did change it up a bit from his, but I might just use his original one as a lay out and completely remake it myself. Giving it more MvC graphics and more definite lines.

Yea, his crouch will be animated. Just didn't get to it this time around. :)

Glad you're enjoying him. You can thank MG for most all you mentioned, aside from your girl's smooth backside.. I highly doubt you can thank MG for that. :D

The bug you mentioned has been brought up and will be fixed. :)

LOL!! That was the best thing I could think of to describe how smooth he plays! lol... All you guys have truly out done yourselves with this one. Now I'm just wondering what kind of supers he will have other than his triple gore. Dang! I wish I knew how to create a character...!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
I have wanted to see a good version of this char for MUGEN for a very long time.
Brilliant foundation, great sprites, with such a good start he should end-up awesome!

Nice1 Batzarro m8  ;D

Thanks, man. Am glad you enjoyed our work. Know I keep a look out for the stuff you're working on too, as it's usually stuff I have never seen before. :)

LOL!! That was the best thing I could think of to describe how smooth he plays! lol... All you guys have truly out done yourselves with this one. Now I'm just wondering what kind of supers he will have other than his triple gore. Dang! I wish I knew how to create a character...!

Well, he won't even be having the triple charge anymore. It'll play out quite different next time around. So, now you don't even know what one of his hypers will be like. :D

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2009, 02:37:55 AM »
ever think of giving him a move where he stomps his foot and knocks the enemy off of their feet? maybe as a hyper or something?

Offline zombiejerky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 18, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2009, 02:03:05 PM »
Ive had it with the m*ther f*ckin rhinos on this m*ther f*cking plain every body strap in lets open some f*ckin windows

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »
ever think of giving him a move where he stomps his foot and knocks the enemy off of their feet? maybe as a hyper or something?
Did think of something similar. Would of been a stomp that sends a tremor across the ground, sorta like Thanos. Though, a whole quake that can affect anyone touching the ground would be great too. Just need to find some sprites that can work for that. :|

(click to show/hide)

Offline Solidsnack

• Last Login:August 04, 2010, 02:44:45 PM
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »
Thanks he's very fun.

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »
Rhino is fun character to play as.  But i do have a few suggestions about his intro and some other things.  In my opinion, instead Rhino chasing the cop car across the stage - the cop car should be on the stage and the rhino lands on top of it either with his feet or with his knees and the Rhino is engulfed in an explosion (unhurt of course) and the smoke clears and the match begins.  Or maybe a special intro where the Rhino chases deadpool on his scooter (which sorta kind of happened in the comics) across the screen and we later hear a explosion and see deadpool fly across to the other side of the screen and the Rhino walks onto the stage and the match begins.

I also think that rhino shouldn't be throwable or should be able to be push backed or knock down. The Rhino is a extremely heavy character in the spiderman comics and he should have some of the attributes of a heavy character.  I would love to see the stage kind of tremble like Gold Warmachine in Marvel Vs Capcom, and it would be awsome if the Rhino could stun his opponent when lands on the ground after jumping making the opposing character dizzy. 

I also wouldn't mind a bear hugging grab move (which would be perfect since your using Zangief as your base) that would leave your opponent partially paralyzed or dizzy for a few seconds after the bear hug.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »
Rhino is fun character to play as.  But i do have a few suggestions about his intro and some other things.  In my opinion, instead Rhino chasing the cop car across the stage - the cop car should be on the stage and the rhino lands on top of it either with his feet or with his knees and the Rhino is engulfed in an explosion (unhurt of course) and the smoke clears and the match begins.  Or maybe a special intro where the Rhino chases deadpool on his scooter (which sorta kind of happened in the comics) across the screen and we later hear a explosion and see deadpool fly across to the other side of the screen and the Rhino walks onto the stage and the match begins.

I also think that rhino shouldn't be throwable or should be able to be push backed or knock down. The Rhino is a extremely heavy character in the spiderman comics and he should have some of the attributes of a heavy character.  I would love to see the stage kind of tremble like Gold Warmachine in Marvel Vs Capcom, and it would be awsome if the Rhino could stun his opponent when lands on the ground after jumping making the opposing character dizzy. 

I also wouldn't mind a bear hugging grab move (which would be perfect since your using Zangief as your base) that would leave your opponent partially paralyzed or dizzy for a few seconds after the bear hug.
For the car intro, that doesn't sound too bad, but it just wouldn't make too much sense to me to have a cop in his car sitting there for no good reason in front of the opponent. I know it's Mugen and all, but I guess it's just a sense of reasoning that makes me think the intro might not work. I'll think on it some more though, maybe I'm just tired. :P

Wait, are Hulk, Juggs, or Thing throwable.? If they aren't, then I think Rhino should follow the same suit. If they can, then he should be able to too. As for the envshake (making the screen shake after certain stuff), he will have a good amount of that. He won't make the opponent dizzy after landing from a jump though, that would be extremely broken.

A bear hug grab, maybe. :-??

(click to show/hide)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:29 AM »
A bear hug grab, maybe. :-??

plz no! thats the gayest move ever and really has no correlation to Rhino. leave it for E. Honda :D
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline casoarinas

• Last Login:April 01, 2013, 09:19:59 PM
  • Mugen Tester
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
 ^:)^ Good Job man! Thanks!

Please! Modify the heavy punch...and I read above, you will modify the kick stronger too.
About the throw, could be a long distance throw...or a pound punch ou kick.
There could be a hyper when he became more angry and stronger
What do you think? :-w

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »

Please! Modify the heavy punch...and I read above, you will modify the kick stronger too.

Ok I agree with the heavy kick, but the heavy punch??? That's a spinning back fist!!! That poop is tight man!!!! Leave it in there! lol. It goes great at the end of a combo, or in a combo period!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2009, 06:17:12 AM »
plz no! thats the gayest move ever and really has no correlation to Rhino. leave it for E. Honda :D

Not sure what you have against the bear hug, but it's a great move that would suit the char. Just not sure if it'll go in or not. :-??

Whenever I get to it, I will be modifying the HK, on how it looks some. Not sure why you'd want the HP modified also, but I'm very happy with how it came out, so that won't be changing.

Also, I wouldn't give him any hyper where he becomes stronger. That would sorta imply that his powers are based off of anger, like Hulk, and that's something Rhino obviously doesn't have.

(click to show/hide)

Offline casoarinas

• Last Login:April 01, 2013, 09:19:59 PM
  • Mugen Tester
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2009, 07:08:36 AM »
Not sure what you have against the bear hug, but it's a great move that would suit the char. Just not sure if it'll go in or not. :-??

Whenever I get to it, I will be modifying the HK, on how it looks some. Not sure why you'd want the HP modified also, but I'm very happy with how it came out, so that won't be changing.

Also, I wouldn't give him any hyper where he becomes stronger. That would sorta imply that his powers are based off of anger, like Hulk, and that's something Rhino obviously doesn't have.

Ok! :thumbsup:
Congratulations. I like it so much. You are quite innovative.
I talked about HP because I just thought he could be more destructive. But ok...  ;)
And about the throws, i thought that was a good idea.
Thanks from Brazil    ^:)^
Waiting for a update :-w

Offline Mazta

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 02, 2020, 07:24:34 AM
  • Mazta
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2009, 05:39:57 AM »
good release!!!

:thumbsup:
Same crap different day.

Offline j dawg

• Last Login:June 12, 2009, 09:05:57 PM
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
I posted this over at Mugen Guild a while back, so this might be too late to be useful, but here goes anyway:

Ok, I'll give some feedback.  He seems pretty cool.  I always thought the Rhino would be hard in a fighting game because, well, how many moves can he really have?  Just charges, mostly, right?  Hopefully, you'll come up with a good answer to that.  As is, he feels like the big brute that he is, which is good.  I'm not too sure I like his weak punch (slap), because that doesn't seem like an attack he'd do.  I know it's Zanguef's, but that's all the more reason to change it.

So... Thinking about other moves:
Maybe a charge where he, headfirst, plows into and pushes up some ground/rocks that will hit from above (or a small hop at the end so Rhino himself hits from above)
Maybe a grab where he runs with the opponent into the wall
Possibly a grab that throws the opponent into the wall, to bounceback for an additional hit or combo
A running clothesline, just for fun
A fake run where he takes a few steps, causing the opponent to block, then stomps the ground instead,
causing some damage to the opponent (and maybe setting him up for a real running hit)

I guess the idea is that it would be cool to have a big tank character actually be nuanced and strategic.  I.e., he could have fast charge attacks that can hit low, high, and even while blocking.  Ideally, Rhino could give some small indication of which attack is coming - maybe hand position during the "windup" for the charge.
Just a few thoughts. I'm looking forward to the next version!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49:07 AM »
I posted this over at Mugen Guild a while back, so this might be too late to be useful, but here goes anyway:

Ok, I'll give some feedback.  He seems pretty cool.  I always thought the Rhino would be hard in a fighting game because, well, how many moves can he really have?  Just charges, mostly, right?  Hopefully, you'll come up with a good answer to that.  As is, he feels like the big brute that he is, which is good.  I'm not too sure I like his weak punch (slap), because that doesn't seem like an attack he'd do.  I know it's Zanguef's, but that's all the more reason to change it.

So... Thinking about other moves:
Maybe a charge where he, headfirst, plows into and pushes up some ground/rocks that will hit from above (or a small hop at the end so Rhino himself hits from above)
Maybe a grab where he runs with the opponent into the wall
Possibly a grab that throws the opponent into the wall, to bounceback for an additional hit or combo
A running clothesline, just for fun
A fake run where he takes a few steps, causing the opponent to block, then stomps the ground instead,
causing some damage to the opponent (and maybe setting him up for a real running hit)

I guess the idea is that it would be cool to have a big tank character actually be nuanced and strategic.  I.e., he could have fast charge attacks that can hit low, high, and even while blocking.  Ideally, Rhino could give some small indication of which attack is coming - maybe hand position during the "windup" for the charge.
Just a few thoughts. I'm looking forward to the next version!
About the slap, it's something I do feel Rhino would do. Though I might change it, who knows.

When it comes to specials, he has 8-9 that are sprited. So, you guys have only seen about a third of what he has in that department. Nothing much going on in the air though, is the only prob with that right now. Aside from the Stone Star, that is. A low type of charge does sound like a good idea though. Sorta like Balrog and his charge punches.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CommanderChaos

• Last Login:February 23, 2015, 12:14:53 PM
  • "Power and Intelligence"
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »
Nicely done job on the character yo!  8) 

He's going to rock!  8)

Offline ad0nay

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 30, 2010, 02:54:32 AM
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2009, 02:33:43 AM »
yeahh coll bery best thanks

Offline Ersatz

• Last Login:October 12, 2009, 05:08:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
Awesome! I've been looking for a good rhino who edited the sprites? Or are they custom?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal