collapse

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis.  (Read 1628 times)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
Re: Sleep Paralysis.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
Oh f that....F THAT :o

off topic, but has anyone ever had a Freddy Kruger dream? I've had one. Freaky sh*t. I was being chased in the boiler room. Luckily I woke up before he slashed me. >o:-(

lol am with u on that one.

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 11:53:56 PM »
This Has Probably Happened To me 6 Or 7 times.

Im In A Nightmare, And Then Bam, I Wake Up. Only I Can't Breathe Or Speak.
My Mom Told Me These Were Anxiety Attacks...

My mom told me the same thing.
I just hope i never get another one again because just the fear of not being able to act out is terrifying.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline ace_tales

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 20, 2010, 12:49:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 12:59:09 AM »
I had forgotten all about this, till this thread. Thx blood   :(
i had forgotten about it too but im glad you made this thread because its better to remember and think about it then forget it ever
happened

All three of these experiences happened when i was sleeping on my back , and i love sleeping on my back so now i try to sleep on my side.

now that i think about it i was on my back too. i never sleep on my back anymore (i can only sleep on my side) maybe thats why it doesnt happen to me anymore.

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »
Random story....

I had a recurring dream when I was a kid about an old book covered with skin  @^@ I was fricking scared to death when I saw it (in the dream)...when I opened it it was like my soul was being separated from my body and everything around me was being torn to shreds  :-SS :-SS creepy crap...havent had it in like 10 years thank the Lord

Offline supermystery

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 02, 2011, 02:22:50 PM
    • Supermystery's Site
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
Yeah i get this from time to time aswell usually from sleeping on my side or back, now i have to sleep on my front. The problem is that i wake up with a stiff neck from doing this :(

I didnt know there was so many that had this problem, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Check out Mugen - Lair Below

Mugen - Lair

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
I didn't read the thread since I don't have time. Well not all of it, I read the first few posts :p

Be careful about this stuff, some of it isn't all scientifically explained. The dogmen and the evil pressure you felt concern me, I urge you to be extremely cautious, even while you're awake. Evil things happen to me, and they sound a lot like that, I'll share some stories tomorrow when the library opens again. Just be careful about the things you see, the might all not be imagined.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 03:10:39 AM »
I try not to look at it in a Paranormal sense because sleep paralysis can cause hallucinations. I'll look forward to your post Tomorrow.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »
Okay, I'm back. And you're right in that sleep paralysis causes hallucinations, but it'd still be safer to keep some not of paranormal things in mind. "I'd rather have the gun and not need it, then need it and not have it" situation.

I won't share all my experiences, takes too long. Some of them I haven't even been asleep for. I find this one to be the most relevant since I was asleep when it happened.

It was about eleven o'clock during one night of Christmas Break. I don't remember if it was the New Year or not yet, but it was definitely during break. I was in bed, trying to sleep while the rest of the family was downstairs eating cake or something. They aren't important here. While I'm laying there, I feel the covers ruffling around and I figured it's my new kitten. So I reach over to pet him, but there isn't anything there. The blankets have stopped moving, so I figured he's left or something. I shrug and lay back down.

As soon as I shut my eyes, I got this cold feeling, like falling through the ice on a lake. Then there's a voice whispering my name over and over. I tried to ignore it, but it actually got a little annoying and less scary so eventually I said "What?" just to try to make it stop talking. The voice then asks "Do you want to go home?" A question to which, I have no response. Then I feel a weight on my chest and I open my eyes and see this person sitting on me. Not the old woman that was choking you, this lady was large and without a violent expression. She was just sitting there, as if I were a bench. She was heavy enough to make breathing difficult, and the fear of suffocation consumed me.

Then she vanished. POOF as if she never existed. I take a few deep breaths, inhaling as much oxygen as possible. Then I feel the blankets moving again but my eyes were open this time and I know my cat was not in the room or on my bed. The blankets start to slide off my body, to the foot of the bed. I tried to kick them off me, to get up, but the blankets tightened around me and started to drag me with them. I was dragged with the blankets to the foot of the bed, and pulled to the floor. When I began to fall, I could feel the grip of the blankets vanish away, they no longer imprisoned me. I tried to climb to my feet, but something grabbed my ankle and pulled me back down. Next thing I know, I'm sliding under the bed.

I turn my neck and take a look behind myself. Under the bed I can see a dark form, but other than the fact that it was human, I couldn't see any detail. I knew that if I let myself get dragged under the bed, though, there was no coming back. I tried again to stand, but the thing was too strong and kept me on the ground. Eventually I managed to crawl away and out of my room, nothing weird happened the remainder of that night.

Anyways, that's just one instance. If you want to hear more, I'll be back on Monday. Library doesn't open tomorrow.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »
sigh i know i have had my fair share of experiences. Yes it is evil. If u let it take you then u will end up possessed. Most ppl arent strong enough and weak in the mind so they are easily taken. When that time comes you better call on His name and mean it with all your might and heart because nobody can do it but you and Him. I remember it happened to me on many occassions. If mom and aunt hadnt taught me what i know about God and what to do in that kind of situation i might have been messed up. I remember the last tiime it happened.....i heard it laugh....such an evil laugh.....its still in my head and i will never forget. I felt deep in my body even down to my very soul that whatever that was was pure evil and i wasnt about to let it take me. So i fought and tried to move and i instantly called on His name until i was able to get up. I ran to my moms room and told her about it and she instantly began praying ad blessed the whole house. I slept with my bible under my pillow every night since

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline kratos

• The Legendary Ghost of Sparta!
  • Last Login:August 14, 2013, 08:17:33 PM
  • In the end, there will be only chaos!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
Then she vanished. POOF as if she never existed. I take a few deep breaths, inhaling as much oxygen as possible. Then I feel the blankets moving again but my eyes were open this time and I know my cat was not in the room or on my bed. The blankets start to slide off my body, to the foot of the bed. I tried to kick them off me, to get up, but the blankets tightened around me and started to drag me with them. I was dragged with the blankets to the foot of the bed, and pulled to the floor. When I began to fall, I could feel the grip of the blankets vanish away, they no longer imprisoned me. I tried to climb to my feet, but something grabbed my ankle and pulled me back down. Next thing I know, I'm sliding under the bed.

I turn my neck and take a look behind myself. Under the bed I can see a dark form, but other than the fact that it was human, I couldn't see any detail. I knew that if I let myself get dragged under the bed, though, there was no coming back. I tried again to stand, but the thing was too strong and kept me on the ground. Eventually I managed to crawl away and out of my room, nothing weird happened the remainder of that night.

Anyways, that's just one instance. If you want to hear more, I'll be back on Monday. Library doesn't open tomorrow.

Man, omg, I would have been kickin and screaming. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let myself get dragged under the bed. :o
And I would have told that fat lady to get the F off my chest.  \-/o

My friend told me about a similar experience. Though it wasn't near as extraordinary as yours. He said he was just lying there watching tv in his room, on his bed. And right before he fell asleep, the cover just completely got ripped off of him into the air. He said it scared the sh*t out of him.  @-)

Of course my friend was a stoner too, so...
Not saying you are though. :P

I think I've only had one paranormal experience when I was awake. I was at my friends house, the one that got the cover ripped off. And he was telling me about bible stories and stuff, since I didn't really go to church often. And as he was telling me about Jesus and stuff, I got this weird feeling. And before we know it, this picture fell off his wall, that was hanging over his bed and hit us. It's weird too, cause it was hanging on a nail, and it wasn't like it could have fallen by accident, it would of had to be taken off the nail. A few minutes later I saw this white orb in his closet. I know it wasn't trick of my eye. It was only there for a split second. But I've never seen anything like it in my life. It's hard to describe. It was just so pure white and full of energy. I don't know what it was, but when I saw it, it made me feel like I was safe.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 08:44:45 PM »
@ Kratos , you can't really say anything when your in Sp  just trying  to talk zaps your strength , that's why mainly whispers come out.

@ Kriven

I said Earlier in this topic about people being dragged off their beds , But i didn't believe until i heard it first hand from you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 09:36:31 PM »
I didn't read the thread since I don't have time. Well not all of it, I read the first few posts :p

Be careful about this stuff, some of it isn't all scientifically explained. The dogmen and the evil pressure you felt concern me, I urge you to be extremely cautious, even while you're awake. Evil things happen to me, and they sound a lot like that, I'll share some stories tomorrow when the library opens again. Just be careful about the things you see, the might all not be imagined.

yea ur right a lot of this stuff is pure evil. I remember when we were at mah cuzins house about 9 years ago
and she has a mentally handicapped bro and when me and epa villian walked passed his doorway at night when he was sleeping he had this little piano that made weird sounds and it just started playing by itself as we walked by. Come to find out it didnt have any batteries in it and it was off we were like  :-SS

Oh yea and if u do something wrong jesus will get u lol i remember mah friend (the one who got murdered) God rest his soul... stole some weed outta this guys car lol then we went to da church to roll a joint outta no where the cops just come and stop us for no reason and searched us they said were just gonna take ur weed they took our weed and left it was like they just robbed us... Lol i just had to lol cuz i shouldnt of have been smokin right in front of a church anyways...

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
i've experienced sleep paralysis twice. i woke up and only thing i could move were my eyes. i couldn't call out 4 help or anything and only got body movement after about 3 or more min of struggling. some of u guys have seen some weird stuff when this happens. i remember watching something about it on tv and they say ppl will sometimes see an old lady sitting on their chest but i've never experienced the hallucinations  :-??

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
@Gaijin: I hope you don't take offense to this, but I don't particularly believe in a god. Maybe that's why I'm haunted so, but I've managed to pull myself out of demonic situations without praying to anybody for protection. But like I said, maybe that's why these monsters appear to me at all?

@Kratos: That's still pretty freaky. Both accounts. It's a bit fun to think about the stuff though. Makes me want to know what's really going on >.>;

Offline kratos

• Email
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 02:40:44 PM »
Alright, I don't want to freak anyone out. But I did a bit of research and found out you can die from this. Sleep paralysis seems highly likely to be linked to Sudden unexpected death syndrome (SUDS).

Sudden unexplained death syndrome was first noted in 1977 among Hmong refugees in the US. The disease was again noted in Singapore, when a retrospective survey of records showed that 230 otherwise healthy Thai men died suddenly of unexplained causes between 1982 and 1990: In the Philippines, SUDS affects 43 per 100,000 per year among young Filipinos. Most of the victims are young males.

SUDS is sudden unexpected death of adolescents and adults during sleep. Survivors describe a feeling of intense fear and paralysis. There is a sensation of pressure in the chest, the presence of an alien being in the room and altered sensation.

However, cardiac activity during SUDS episodes indicates irregular heart rhythms and ventricular fibrillation. The victim survives this episode if the heart's rhythm goes back to normal. Older folks in the Philippines recommend trying wiggling the big toe while experiencing this to snap back.

Folk beliefs

This phenomenon is well known among the Hmong people of Laos, who ascribe these deaths to a malign spirit, dab tsog (pronounced "da cho"), said to take the form of a jealous woman. Hmong men may even go to sleep dressed as women so as to avoid the attentions of this spirit.

Bangungot is depicted in the Philippines as a mythological creature called batibat. This hag-like creature sits on the victim's face so as to immobilize and suffocate him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_unexpected_nocturnal_death_syndrome

:o

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »
Didn't know it could kill you.
But what doesn't know a days?

I just hope i don't get it again.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
Well I literally just woke up from almost dieing in my sleep a couple mins ago.. I was taking a nap cuz i felt bumed and it was a good dream and outta no where i felt this strong force over me squeezin the life outta me it was not like how i i explained it before i felt it this time.. Theres no doubt in my mind if i didnt wake up just now i would be dead. I remember thinking in my sleep omg this it im gonna die cuz it felt like something was squeezin my body so tight and my face.. Im freaked out right now and even weirder i fell asleep with real life ghost stories on tv just now and its still on. I said a prayer and now im up lol i don plan on going back to sleep anytime soon.. it was so freaky im so glad i was able to wake up cuz it wasnt easy... Lol cant stress it enough if i didnt wake up i would be dead thank god  [-O<

Offline kratos

• Email
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 01:35:35 AM »
damn that' scary nutpatch, glad you're awake and well. I can see how you wouldn't want to go back to sleep after that lol.

Offline sirekco

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 04:02:07 AM
  • life is what you make it
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:05 AM »
i have something like that...in fact i had one of those today.when i was sleeping i couldnt wake up...my eyes wouldnt open and my arms and legs wouldnt move...i know i was awake but i couldnt do anything.its a scary feeling   

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »
damn that' scary nutpatch, glad you're awake and well. I can see how you wouldn't want to go back to sleep after that lol.

it was so scary and i was havin a good dream too (cant tell u cuz it was x rated) then outta no where i start getting squeezed so hard and chocked and my mouth covered i felt horrible. And yea im so glad i was able to wake up stupid ghost stories on tv made it even more weird  :-SS

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2009, 07:09:32 AM »
On a paranormal side have you guys heard of the story of the Boo hag?

(click to show/hide)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »
ut just happened to me 5 minutes go i was half awake half sleep then all of the sudden i couldnt move at all i was just breathing it happened for abt 20 seconds then i got myself out of it

i was laying down partialy face forward and my arms were crossed under my chest
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 02:00:01 PM by EXShadow »
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
i didn't read all the posts here, but, i didn't know about the boo hag... i only know that the sleep paralysis in a paranormal way i know in mexico as (in a crappy traduction) "the dead rides you". it is suppoused that a spirit gets on you (not in a sexual way) and don't let you move... and it's known in every country but with different name and back history... i know in england it's something about a witch, but the most famous way is in the US, it's known as the "alien abduction"....
but what's that boo hag thing?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 11:45:25 PM »
i didn't read all the posts here, but, i didn't know about the boo hag... i only know that the sleep paralysis in a paranormal way i know in mexico as (in a crappy traduction) "the dead rides you". it is suppoused that a spirit gets on you (not in a sexual way) and don't let you move... and it's known in every country but with different name and back history... i know in england it's something about a witch, but the most famous way is in the US, it's known as the "alien abduction"....
but what's that boo hag thing?

You can find a video description on youtube check it out.

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar