collapse

Author Topic: First WIP: Chi-Long (Ryu)  (Read 894 times)

Offline Akumaranger

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 02, 2021, 02:35:37 AM
  • You must defeat...
    • Email
First WIP: Chi-Long (Ryu)
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:18:36 PM »
Hello, this is my first mugen WIP character "Chi-Long"

Q: What is this another Shoto Character?
A:  ??? ...Yes!

Q: What's gonna be so different about him compared to the other hundreds of Ryu and Ken Clones?
A: Well he is ryu, but different.

Q:  >:P Different, how?
A: Well This Ryu is Based on the Chinese Man Hua comics of Street Fighter (To learn more on this go to this site: http://www.rcllair.com/hkcom.htm) he can enter into Satsui No Hadou state freely and still be himself (kinda like Super Saiyin mode for them). Its not necessary for them to use SnH mode but its kinda maximum power for them.

Q: Why call him Chi-Long?
A: Because in the Man Hua comics he's the son Sheng Long (Yes they've made an him an actual character) A fighter who was killed at the hands of another fighter Zhan Hu in the name of justice (This was before creation of Gouki, Gouken and the Dark hadou.) Chi Long is his birth name in the comics.

Q: Alright what kind of moves do you have planned?
A: Well Thanks to Iwa (Owner of RCL's site) who provided me with some of Ryu's intresting moves;

1.) Wang Ze Wu Di (Peerless/Invincble Ruler) - a single straight qi filled punch.

2.) Bo Dong Qi Xuan (Hadou qi Hurricane) – Not so much a hurricane but 5 successive Hadoukens of increasing power that combine into one big one.

3.) Tun Zhu Tain Xia (Devour of heaven and earth) – This stance absorb opponents qi as they gather it. The first time he used it as a qi barrier against Ken but it failed. The perfect version he gathered the qi which forms into a ball of qi in his palm and smacks it back at his opponet.

4.) Wang Ji jian Qi (Ruler level sword qi) – shoots qi blasts….. can be used to powered up third stance. Ken's version is a palm knife.

There are a couple Satsui No Hadou moves as well;

1.) Bo Dong Huang Quan - 5 qi duplicates invoked and sach smash a some amount of qi into the one in front of it and the last one smashes that amount of qi Ryu and he goes SnH. Probably just to make him stronger

2.) Qian Kun Bo Dong Wang (Heaven and Earth Hadou King) - Invoking 6 qi based duplicates of himself (mainly used to counter Ken's qi duplicate). The last for a short while.

3.) Qi Qing (Seven Emotions) – HKRyu isn't as emotionally constipated as his game counterpart. This stance involved him invoking 7 emotions. The moves are one big simplistic combo One emotion for each blow. Happiness (Childhood with Ken), Rage (Fight with Bison. Because CL got hurt badly), Anxiety (that knowing this fight with Ken is inevitable), Love (For CL), Loathing (The threat that Gill present to the martial arts world he lives in), Fear (Of Urien being incredibly powerful). Passion (The fight is all. He has to learn the stances he wants to know the outcome.)

4.) Bao Rong (Acceptance/Tolerance /Forgive) – I think this only works vs Ken since its suppose to absorb his 8th stance and accept defeat.

Though this is my first time and I hope to finish this character before the year ends.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: First WIP: Chi-Long (Ryu)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »
Do you have anything more than a sprite edit to show yet?

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »
sounds interesting
will you be changing his look? like hair face and stance?
the moves planned are kinda gud
im lookin forward for this one
gud luck yo
peace
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
you got my interest  ;D

Offline Akumaranger

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 02, 2021, 02:35:37 AM
  • You must defeat...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »
Do you have anything more than a sprite edit to show yet?

I'm trying to edit his look and alter his stance but nothing solid so far and this is my first time spriting.

sounds interesting
will you be changing his look? like hair face and stance?
the moves planned are kinda gud
im lookin forward for this one
gud luck yo
peace

you got my interest   ;D

:thumbsup: Thank you because I'm gonna need it, since I have a long way to go...  :)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »
Looks like you got some things figured out already, which is really good. You seem to be making an original character here... but for the next update I would suggest making a fully completed stance (or at least 75% done to show for..). I'm really interested to see how well you can edit sprites and all that. I'm sure there a lot of people here would be willing to help you in case you get stuck with something... Good luck and I look forward to more updates (and I mean it this time ;))

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
I'm trying to edit his look and alter his stance but nothing solid so far and this is my first time spriting.

I've asked this because we moderatros have a common sense to move a wip topic to Mugen Discussion if it inst have much material to be called a Wip. Its nothing against you.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal