collapse

Author Topic: Animation Only over Certain Colors?  (Read 246 times)

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
Animation Only over Certain Colors?
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »
Is it possible to make an animation that will play over only a specific color of your character? As stated in the other thread, I'm trying to make Karolina (and I did find a few ideas for bases) and I've got a few ideas for how to animate her wonderous flesh. However, I think it might make my life a whole lot easier if there was a way where I could run two seperate animations for the character, one for the character herself and one for her skin. This way no matter what frame she moves to, the changing skin tones would look decent.

So, my question is not easily worded. I'll do my best. Say I color all of Karolina's skin an annoying yellow color. Okay, yellow-skinned character.

Then I make a large animated box as a seperate sprite and make this the animation that her skin would really look like.

Can I program her so that the yellow skin is replaced by the second animation? But only in places where the yellow is? That way the multi-colored skin animation doesn't interfere with her clothes or the background or the other characters.

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
Re: Animation Only over Certain Colors?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:56:15 PM »
i think you can get the effect you want, although it wouldn't be done quite the way you are looking for. I would imagine you would have to make that second animation a "mask" that exactly fits over the character's skin in each frame of animation, and then apply your color-shifting code to that set of animations.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
Re: Animation Only over Certain Colors?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »
I see. Guess I'll try this and if I don't like it, well, I'll figure something out >D *determination!*

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal