collapse

Author Topic: How to use the Mvc mugen tag patcher  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
How to use the Mvc mugen tag patcher
« on: August 11, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »
Well here we go again class this time i will try to make this tutorial simpler than last time :P

first off here is the tag patcher

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lgus1w

Secondly here is a video of it in action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OUqZECOlnCY

Now here we go

Step1. open up ur MVC tag patcher

Step2. now click where it says directory

step3. click where it says select directory a window should open up like this

now as u can see at the top of that new folder it says browse for folder which means its looking for ur mugen folder so locate ur mugen game and click ur chars folder than click ok.

step4. now at the left side of ur mvc patcher window u should see a small box that says characters if u found ur chars folder and clicked ok u should have that box filled with ur characters for example here is how the window should look

step5. now next to ur list of characters u should see a small box if u click on one of the boxes there should be a check mark on them now click all the character boxes that u want to have the tag on them or if ur lazy and want to put the tag on everyone click select all than patch characters. now wait for the bar at the bottom to go to 100 percent the more characters that u tag the longer it will take.

step6. now that ur character has the tag go back into ur character folder now for example say u tagged Kung Fu Man  u should see a kung fu man_tag.def and a regular kung fu man.def there are 2 different ways u can offically put the tag on the character option one is to open up ur characters tag def copy all the data in the tag def and paste it over the regular def or i prefer option 2 take the regular def and put it some where else out of the characters normal folder so that u can change the tag def to the regular def for example say u have kfm_tag.def do something wit his regular def than change tha kfm_tag.def to just kfm.def

step7. open up ur mugen game go to team versus, team arcade, survival, survival co-op, or Team arcade co-op these r all the mode the tag is compatible with any ways click simul after enterning any of these  modes

step8. if ur player one hold down ctrl and 3 to control ur second player that the cpu would orginally be controlling if ur player 2 do the same thing just hold down ctrl and 4 before the match starts ( not at the versus screen)

step9. EnJOY ;D

<<<<<additional information>>>>>

Tag in ur partner= Strong punch and strong kick at the same time
character assist = low punch and low kick at the same time
Dual Hyper= hold down then push medium punch and medium kick at the same time ( must have at least 2 specials)

My favorite part about this tag is the fact that u can customize ur Character assist and dual hyper

for example say u have ryu and his character assist is a hadouken u could go and change it to a shoryuken if u wanted

now to change ur dual hyper and character assist it is actually simple go into one of ur characters folder than there should be a tag folder inside

go into ur characters tag system constants file

now go down all the way to the bottom  and u should see this

now in order to change this go into ur characters command file and find the super special u want it to be under that special it should have a value=200 (its most likely not going to be 200)

go back to ur tagsystem than change the hyper state value to the new one there are multiple hyper states   throughout the folder and u will have to change the value on every hyper state. do the same thing for character state  except there is only one value u will have to change and its called assist state its right above the first hyper state so ENJOY CLASS DISMISSED!!!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
Re: How to use the Mvc mugen tag patcher
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 05:56:10 AM »
if anyone does not understand let me know because dat1monster said that he didint understand

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:30:18 AM »
of Course. The Dual Special is set at 3000. Make Sure that if you change it your characters have more than one hyper.
 :o

Offline jaysteve

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2017, 02:41:28 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 01:10:42 AM »
i did everything (i used ur 2nd step movin the def and renaming the tag.def to regular def) and it worked for one character but the other character (and ive tried sevral) doesent show up on the selection screen

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:29:10 AM »
i did everything (i used ur 2nd step movin the def and renaming the tag.def to regular def) and it worked for one character but the other character (and ive tried sevral) doesent show up on the selection screen

u probably erased to much of the name

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »
LimitedMoon's Ryu is glitchy with this thing. Like he constantly dashes in and out.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 09:37:47 PM »
LimitedMoon's Ryu is glitchy with this thing. Like he constantly dashes in and out.

yea some characters dont support the tag kenx and ryux dont work

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 02:00:57 AM »
Yeah, if Ryu-X, and Ken-X + the tag team fights, in gonna be in EoH, the characters will need some code fixes.

Offline Gamez1985

• Last Login:May 10, 2012, 04:05:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:40:53 AM »

Actually, something that should have been added to this thread was the way to get RID of this tag thing. It's a really impressive feature, to see that you guys created this, AND got it to work.

Except, it really pisses some people off, and there is no easy way to remove it. I love alot of the work you guys do, and the tag thing is advanced..... but I really don't want it. Some of my characters that I've downloaded have (unfortunately) had some previous owner add this code to it. How do you remove the Tag Feature???         (I may not be able to find my way to this forum again any time soon, so please reply in email.) -Gamez1985@yahoo.com

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »
if anyone does not understand let me know because dat1monster said that he didint understand

thanx for puttin me on blast ;D I was just confused as to why some chars werent workin...Plus I didnt wanna DL another program so that jus made it more frustrating.

i have no patience-LOL
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 08:50:13 AM »

thanx for puttin me on blast ;D I was just confused as to why some chars werent workin...Plus I didnt wanna DL another program so that jus made it more frustrating.

i have no patience-LOL

its aight lol but as to remove that tag its simple just delete the def file that is not in the tag folder because the def in the tag folder is the regular one u put in there just delete the one that u renamed and take the other from the tag folder and place it in the regular folder

Offline streetfighter

• Last Login:September 25, 2007, 07:11:11 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:05:21 PM »
how come my characters doesn t have hyper?? how do i get that?

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:56:29 PM »
how come my characters doesn t have hyper?? how do i get that?

some characters dont have one but u can add it just get the value of da hyper that u want open the tagcns in the tag folder find hyper state and change the number

Offline ThatManz

• Last Login:June 19, 2008, 02:22:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »
the link doesnt work can u post another one. i would gladly appreciate.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:31 AM »
This was very helpful thank you!

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
Reason why it doesnt work with all chars is becuz the patch may use statedef's or vars that the chars may already have. Using tsmugen var exchanger to move used vars to non used vars before doing the mvc patch will solve this. Also, the creator making the stateno's in the mvc tag code bigger (like 10 digit bigger) will keep stateno's from clashing for hardly any char uses statedef numbers of 10 digits. This will make this work like a charm for ever char IF the char has any free vars available.

Offline drach_the_bloody

• Last Login:May 21, 2013, 11:49:35 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 04:29:46 AM »
Link appears to be down...

...and that makes me sad in the pants...

Offline Time

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 01, 2019, 06:40:27 PM
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »
this work in warusaki chars??? 

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
This was a big help thank you. However, the way you typed it, created a very messy image for me. Typign like this: "if ur player one hold down ctrl and 3 to control ur second player that the cpu would orginally be controlling if ur"
Makes it very hard to understand. With tutorials you should think before you type...
"If you're player one, hold down control and 3 to control your second tag player, and control + 4 if your player two. This lets you swap between your character, and the one the AI would originally control."

Offline ermac

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 05, 2014, 05:27:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 07:35:24 PM »
Hi.Thanks for this wonderfull utility.Ok now:

Straight to the point.I have got a problem.Now I know this doesn't support every single char outthere but I think my problem could be fixed.

I patched Deadpool (by The Unlimited & Wucash) and every time I try to superjump my partner tags in.It also messes something up so every time he does his yo-yo hyper he clones himself....
Please I think its not that difficult of a problem to solve but seeing as I have limited to none MUGEN coding skills I'd highly appreciate if somebody helped.Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh I saw where the problem is.Overlapping vars just like shinra said.Can you tell me what to do? I don't want to mess up something within the char.

EDIT 2: OK I managed to fix it.Just get the mugen var/fvar changer like shinra said and change his var which overlaps(14) for those who are interested.Although that cloning thing when he does the yo-yo hyper still persists...If anyone can help I am listening...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:53:05 PM by ermac »

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
Hi.Thanks for this wonderfull utility.Ok now:

Straight to the point.I have got a problem.Now I know this doesn't support every single char outthere but I think my problem could be fixed.

I patched Deadpool (by The Unlimited & Wucash) and every time I try to superjump my partner tags in.It also messes something up so every time he does his yo-yo hyper he clones himself....
Please I think its not that difficult of a problem to solve but seeing as I have limited to none MUGEN coding skills I'd highly appreciate if somebody helped.Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh I saw where the problem is.Overlapping vars just like shinra said.Can you tell me what to do? I don't want to mess up something within the char.

EDIT 2: OK I managed to fix it.Just get the mugen var/fvar changer like shinra said and change his var which overlaps(14) for those who are interested.Although that cloning thing when he does the yo-yo hyper still persists...If anyone can help I am listening...

im not a mugen character expert srry i never usually ran into a problem like that.

Offline ermac

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »
Nah it's cool.I'm sure someone who knows will help.Pitty though because when I remove the patch everything works fine.I wanted this to be his team up hyper cause it's ranged but ah well.I generally don't use this hyper I just use him combo-wise but the CPU uses it and it would be highly annoying to have 10 deadpools on the screen...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:42:02 PM by ermac »

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 03:28:26 AM »
try using it with the patch then change the vars then see what happens.

Offline ermac

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
Wait, what? I can't understand what you said.When I patched the char without changing the vars the hyper became broken.After I changed the vars the hyper remained broken.I just can't understand what you are suggesting.Change the vars before patching the char or?

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »
didnt understand you either. i dunno what "patch" you are refering to. i just took it as u had an update. so i was like only switch the vars on the default chars.(unchanged). and for another tip, just switch a pair of vars at a time. save and if you are planning on switching more then switch another pair and save like that...

yes, change the vars BEFORE adding the tag patch. make sure your char doesnt have the same statedef numbers as the tag patcher either.

Offline ermac

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
I was talking about the tag team patch.But it works now.I dunno how i fixed it, but... it's fixed..

EDIT: Damn it this thing has a mind of its own.It seems that he clones himself only when I am playing a tag-team game...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:15:09 PM by ermac »

Offline GhostFaceLoser

• Last Login:September 17, 2008, 05:29:57 AM
  • Wimp!!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
does this work with every person in mugen?

also reupload please.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 02:18:09 PM by GhostFaceLoser »

Offline KRONOZ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 31, 2013, 02:22:15 AM
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 01:40:08 AM »
i have a question about the controling the second char, press dawn ctrl and number 3 but dont work,is in the instant before of the combat? or in what momment i playing with a sixaxis control for ps3 but idont know with comand for controling the second char >:(

Offline EtherealFate

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 18, 2008, 02:06:12 AM
    • EtherealGames
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 03:22:08 AM »
why does my tag patch only work for 1 round?

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 06:32:14 PM »
I'm using the mvc2 hires screenpack and can't get the control 3 to work to control player 2

Offline Xzer023

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 04, 2010, 11:07:15 AM
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
Could someone tell me how to chage the assist moves? Dont really get it that much How would i change something like that?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:46:19 PM by Xzer023 »

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »
Someone please re-upload this.

BTW, if someone has the code I could try to look for a solution for the vars issue.

Offline hogan

• Last Login:July 14, 2009, 06:50:42 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »
 :-?? is there any way to patch EoH to make it tag?

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »
1) Welcome to the forum
2) Please read the rules before you post. This topic is very old man. Don't post in a topic that is more than 30 days old.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal