collapse

Author Topic: Bass - MvC: EoH A team reploid/Infinity Production  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
Re: Wait for it....................................Bass!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 08:21:13 PM »
this character is impressive! lots of complete characters aren't even this good. I do think that his flash kick should knock down like guile's though. As it stands now, I always get punched in the mouth for trying it.

Offline SesakaX

• Infinity Deviant Artist
  • Last Login:April 16, 2011, 10:08:43 PM
  • Literal Replicant Ego
    • My artwork on Deviant ART
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 09:16:33 PM »
 :o YESS! *Bison reference*

Must get ASAP! Thank you very much! :w00t: :)
The cake is a PIe!

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 28, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 04:27:07 AM »
Treble is a Must.

I played on this character for well over an hour wich is good to say for a beta ver. of him.  :w00t:

However treble SHOULD somehow be in the background of things going on in the screen.

:DB: :DB: Remember to soften the edges of the sprites a bit in the process of adding treble.

GREAT CHARACTER AND IS CURRENTLY ON MY SCREEN  XD|| :thumbsup: :thumbsup: XD||
THANKS FOR THE CHAR!

By marius121 at 2008-04-04

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 04:31:46 AM »
Bass should team with Wily ( is he selectable on this version?), Megaman with Zero (if added). Protoman with roll, Metalman with Cutman, Servbot with T bonne (if added), Iceman would be cool teaming with elecman or fireman (if anyone is working on any of those 2) or with snake man.

yes theres fire man... but i dont think he's going to release it....

and thanks for the great release!

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »
Another dream come true! Thank you guys! ^:)^

Offline DJ W!ll

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 05, 2020, 08:41:11 PM
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »
Man finally!!! i play whit him thanks man!! ;) :thumbsup:

William

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
bass has a few issues: his ground combos are HARD to pull off and air combos are even harder to do because of his super jump being so high and its very hard to combos. i have to agree with what someone said about adding treble. its a good idea imo cause he needs it. and also his lvl 3 hyper is fine but it could be changed up a bit so that the punch button and kick buttons respond to do different moves like sonson's  monkey form. im not trying to tell u what to do just a suggestion though it came out that way. ok everything else is flawles dont change it a with because he is really that awesome seriously. thanks for this awesome release and btw they his grab is so nasty

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
Wow he's really good, better than expected. The only thing I would like to see is a Treble companion like how Rush follows Mega Man around.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
okay, upon further testing, his flash kick is great the way it is for combo purposes because he recovers at the peak of it. you could totally follow the flash kick up with an airborn SK or even his QCF+K move. I'm trying to combo it into his QCB+PP hyper, or even add the flash kick to the middle of an air combo and then combo the hyper.

Offline joybeba6679

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 09, 2012, 09:16:36 PM
    • Email
Re: Bass - MvC: EoH A team reploid/Infinity Production
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »
Ok I was playing arround with this  \-/o, I have to say its very good but I noticed 2 things, His superjump to follow for an air combo is to High, its ok if you fight  \-/o vs  \-/o but with the others he just jumps to high. The other thing is the grap, its very cool but I think thr spark on his right hand should be a bit higher cuz right now the blast comes down the buster hole and not in the hole as it should be, other than that, great char.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
oh yeah, I commend you on the grab as well. not only does it look awesome, but it's very fun for combos and stuff. this whole character is just so awesome.

Offline Jesuszilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 08, 2015, 08:57:19 PM
  • I'm a fuffy.
    • Trinity MUGEN
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
I exaggerated last time with MetalMan. However this will not be an exaggeration from me as Forte is my favorite Rockman character, PERIOD. If I had a decent Capcom fighting game-style spriteset of Forte, I'd drop what I'm doing right now and code him.

However, the sprites in this are not as nice as I thought they would be. The gameplay, no offense, I honestly expected to be this way given the current trend of characters from here.

• The sprites have a terrible case of misalignment and as a result, look jerky in action.
  • Speaking of sprites, fix his face. One way I can think of right now to fix this would be to add another shade of purple or two to the palette. This shouldn't be too much of a problem given you only have ONE palette.
  • The aerial basics just look plain ugly. I hate to say it, but they literally do not look like something that would be used in the air. Save for the aerial MK, which looks good, they look like standing basics with legs from a jump frame or two slapped onto them. As a matter of fact, the aerial LP looks EXACTLY like the standing MP with new legs at a glance here. If that's not the case, they are still too similar to be left as-is, and ought to be changed along with the rest, save for MK, which, again, looks fine.
  • Standing basics all need reworking save for maybe LK and MK.
  • All crouching basics except for MK are fine. However, please remove the VelSet or PosAdd or whatever it is you have in the MP. It makes no sense to have him move.
  • It makes absolutely no sense to have Gospel Armor with no Gospel!
  • The Psycho Crusher ripoff is... Unnecessary.
  • Crescent Kick would be better-suited as a charge move, like Guile's Somersault Kick. In addition, make the Y hitvel larger (smaller, technically, since it's a negative), and set fall = 1 and air.fall = 1. It should be a knock-down.
  • Forte Blaster does not need to knock down. In fact, none of his projectiles should save for the super.
  • Speaking of supers, larger (negative) Y hitvels! Fall = 1! Those hits and blasts are not weak!
  • No need for a teleport move.
  • Like the rest of the characters in this project, he lacks Negative Edge. That is vital to the gameplay of ALL Capcom characters after SFII.
  • His CLSNs are terrible. Look at how they are in KoF characters by Ironmugen or Vans to see how they should look. I see NO CLSN2 WHATSOEVER IN THE LP! THAT IS BAD! Looking at his MK, let me tell you right now that there's no need for CLSN1 to be THAT large unless it is a throw.
  • Speaking of throws, fix his face- no, his head in general. It looks weird.
  • The winpose also looks strange. Forte is a robot, not Goku.
  • He continues to jump facing the same direction after jumping over a character. Add this to the end of Statedef 40 to fix it (again, I would not be surprised if the rest involved in the project have not done this. Relay to them the message that they must do so as well):
Code: [Select]
facep2 = 1

.... This needs a TON of work and re-spriting if this is to be better. Right now, it's.... Mediocre, to say the least. I know you've put a TON of work into this with spriting, etc., but you lacked good feedback when you were developing this. Had you had feedback of this sort back then, you might not be having to go back and fix so many things right now. That is not necessarily your fault, though. If you listen to my feedback and that of others, this should turn out great. But as I said, he's going to need a LOT more work put into him.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:01:11 PM by [Kira] »

There is no template. Warusaki3 built on top of a similar character, just like Vans and I do.

Offline gaara6666

• Infinity Faithful
    • Last Login:April 04, 2018, 06:13:49 PM
      • Email
    « Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 10:07:59 PM »
    well im glad you didnt hate it. who knows how negatively you could have put it if you didnt liek the character.

But yeah I played him a bunch as well last night for kicks. the teleport is really not required and yeah aanother shade of purple would be good as well as i noticed the jump facing issue he mentioned. but dang "mediocre" in comparison to most mugen works out there is not the word to use. you could say "he isnt desireable to me atthe point of production he is in"

also kira, he is a .80 which means he is 80% done  :) so 20% is probably the issues you mentioned. i know zero felt rushed to put something out and it is really disheartening that you couldt be more diplomatic about your constructive criticism

Offline Jesuszilla

• I'm a fuffy.
      • Trinity MUGEN
    « Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »
    This is far from 80%

There is no template. Warusaki3 built on top of a similar character, just like Vans and I do.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
    • Contributor
    • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
    « Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
    I exaggerated last time with MetalMan. However this will not be an exaggeration from me as Forte is my favorite Rockman character, PERIOD. If I had a decent Capcom fighting game-style spriteset of Forte, I'd drop what I'm doing right now and code him.

However, the sprites in this are not as nice as I thought they would be. The gameplay, no offense, I honestly expected to be this way given the current trend of characters from here.

• The sprites have a terrible case of misalignment and as a result, look jerky in action.
    • Speaking of sprites, fix his face. One way I can think of right now to fix this would be to add another shade of purple or two to the palette. This shouldn't be too much of a problem given you only have ONE palette.
    • The aerial basics just look plain ugly. I hate to say it, but they literally do not look like something that would be used in the air. Save for the aerial MK, which looks good, they look like standing basics with legs from a jump frame or two slapped onto them. As a matter of fact, the aerial LP looks EXACTLY like the standing MP with new legs at a glance here. If that's not the case, they are still too similar to be left as-is, and ought to be changed along with the rest, save for MK, which, again, looks fine.
    • All crouching basics except for MK are fine. However, please remove the VelSet or PosAdd or whatever it is you have in the MP. It makes no sense to have him move.
    • Crescent Kick would be better-suited as a charge move, like Guile's Somersault Kick. In addition, make the Y hitvel larger (smaller, technically, since it's a negative), and set fall = 1 and air.fall = 1. It should be a knock-down.
    • Forte Blaster does not need to knock down. In fact, none of his projectiles should save for the super.
    • Speaking of supers, larger (negative) Y hitvels! Fall = 1! Those hits and blasts are not weak!
    • Like the rest of the characters in this project, he lacks Negative Edge. That is vital to the gameplay of ALL Capcom characters after SFII.
    • His CLSNs are terrible. Look at how they are in KoF characters by Ironmugen or Vans to see how they should look. I see NO CLSN2 WHATSOEVER IN THE LP! THAT IS BAD! Looking at his MK, let me tell you right now that there's no need for CLSN1 to be THAT large unless it is a throw.
    • He continues to jump facing the same direction after jumping over a character. Add this to the end of Statedef 40 to fix it (again, I would not be surprised if the rest involved in the project have not done this. Relay to them the message that they must do so as well):
    facep2 = 1

.... This needs a TON of work and re-spriting if this is to be better. Right now, it's.... Mediocre, to say the least. I know you've put a TON of work into this with spriting, etc., but you lacked good feedback when you were developing this. Had you had feedback of this sort back then, you might not be having to go back and fix so many things right now. That is not necessarily your fault, though. If you listen to my feedback and that of others, this should turn out great. But as I said, he's going to need a LOT more work put into him.
      Cool, thanks for the feedback. We'll start fixing these now, And I'll begin respriting.

Offline Jesuszilla

• I'm a fuffy.
        • Trinity MUGEN
      « Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:46 PM »
      To be able to take my feedback like that, you have earned my respect.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
      • Infinity Administrator
      • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
        • Excursion's Corner
        • Email
      « Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »
      To be able to take my feedback like that, you have earned my respect.

I added that code to my Megaman robots. Feedback like that is what we could have ALL used when developing our characters. Where were you at last year?  :D

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
      • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
        • Email
      « Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
      maybe it's just me, but the teleport and psycho crusher are VERY useful for getting out of corners (when fighting guys like rambo, who won't let you).

if his flash kick had knockdown like guile's I'd say make it a charge move, but the way it is now, it's great for comboing, which would be difficult to do in a MVC style of play.

the crouching MK moving forward is a fantastic way to go into his launcher (considering his physical attacks don't have much range). I love jumping in with HK for two hits, crouching MK, then launcher.

I'm not too familiar with the later megaman games, but didn't bass do things like his winpose all the time?

EDIT: you said crouching MP, my bad.
      « Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:22:55 PM by Tenspeed »

Offline gaara6666

• Infinity Faithful
      • Last Login:April 04, 2018, 06:13:49 PM
        • Email
      « Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
      aww my post got removed. well now freedom of speech is dead. also yeah there is like 1 or 2 pink pixels in that aimable aerial hyper

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
      • Contributor
      • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
      « Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »
      aww my post got removed. well now freedom of speech is dead. also yeah there is like 1 or 2 pink pixels in that aimable aerial hyper
      I saw no pink pixels  :-??

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
      • Infinity Administrator
      • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
        • Excursion's Corner
        • Email
      « Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

It's not the freedom of speech. You came off a little abrasive in that post. Keep a comment like that to PM. Kira's feedback is actually invaluable. You don't run across someone taking the time to test and check the character carefully for things like this very often and to borderline insult Kira with a comment like of what I removed your post for is uncalled for and unnecessary... hence... why I removed it.

Offline Greed

• Initiate
      • Last Login:February 28, 2011, 10:42:38 AM
      • I WANT IT ALL!
      « Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »
      Some small feeback regarding Bass.

- Imo, he needs to hit harder.  It feels like there isn't enough.... "OOMPH" behind his physical hits.  Play around with Beximus' Sakura to see what I mean.

- CLNS2 on projectiles please.  I'm still wondering how that was overlooked.

- @ Kira about Flash Kick: Bass is not Guile, nor is he Charlie.  My idea about flash kick, increase its combo ability, and make D, B, c move forwards a bit.

Offline Fallen_Angel

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
      • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
        • Email
      « Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
      Good job

Some feedback... maybe some has been posted I haven't read it all

.The crouch light punch, has missaligned spark

.When you make a special the purple color of the opponent should last less

.When you make one of the shooting specials (statedef 3000, or 3003), You should be able to change to the other shooting special.

;----------------------------------------------

. El golpe debil agachado tiene mal alineado el hitspark

. El color que le pone a los oponentes en los especiales dura mucho, deberian de reducirlo un poco

. Cuando estas en uno de los especiales de disparos, deberias de poder de cambiar al otro

sig made by shullbocka

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
      • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
        • Email
      « Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »
      if the qcf+p shot was aimable, or shot in different directions depending on the button pressed, I'd be a happy panda. (although hopefully this won't mess with his throw> qcf+lp> dash in> launcher combo)

Offline ChAoTiC

• Global Moderator
      • Last Login:January 19, 2022, 08:06:22 PM
        • EMPTECLIP5E
        • Email
      « Reply #74 on: February 27, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »

facep2 = 1

:o

Thats some exelent feedback there, at first I was like "Who the hell are u!?!?"  But then I thought about it and said to myself this guy is obviously excited about Bass to pick him apart like that and to put his time and energy into his post. And Im  also still getting used to "Constructive criticisim" in the mugen world.  It always seems like its a borderline insult to me.  But hey, thats just life in itself!  So I will rework the sprites along with zero, and that little facep2= 1 code makes a big difference.  At first I was like what the hell is he talking about, but when I finally understood it, it made all the difference.  Honestly, most of his clsns were done automatically by fighter factory cuz I hate doing them manually.  I also never knew the trick to getting the projectiles to cancel eachother out, but all thats fixed now.  I guess our main focus is to rework the sprites.  Im gonna go study up on some pics and see what I can come up with.  I hope you stick around for this one Kira, you've just earned yourself a position as the "go-to guy" in my book. 

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
        Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3 4
        5 6 7 8 9 10 11
        12 13 14 15 16 17 18
        19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
        26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal