collapse

Author Topic: Release Party: Punisher  (Read 14968 times)

Offline lideroptimus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2014, 05:50:45 PM
Re: Release Party: Punisher
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
Love the update Apoc.  It's great how he says bang and shoots the handgun.  They symbiote hyper came out really cool.  The only think I found is sometimes after the knofe throw in the air punisher does not fall to the gound and he can walk on air.
Really bro. but I think is prety EXHAUSTIVE and BORING listen he says BANG  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*, each time he give a shot, I don' like of Update just because he says BANG  %-( every time you give a hard punch or air atack with H.Punch, please... Change it, and will became Perfect with other your fixs that you made for hin, I love the Update, exept because He says BANG EVERY TIME, when you try give a Hard Punch.  :-@  It is so REPETITIVE when he says BANG like a KID, when are playing CowBoy. (bang,bang)
I just don't agree when Spider says webball,webball, webball, web.... (can you guys see what I talk about?)
I prefer the Punish just give a SHOT and says nothing  [-X

Please, change it, cut it off  >o:-(. Just leve it on a INTRO (Punish isn't a Spider-Man, he don't have humor in batlle)

Just for come PERFECT  =D>

Thank you for the others fixes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:36:27 PM by lideroptimus »

Offline davismaximus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 02, 2015, 12:49:27 AM
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
Nice job on Punisher so far, especially after today's update.  Here's a few things I noticed, sorry if they've already been said.

-Pallete issue with mine special, van intro, motorcycle outro.  The explosion from the mine has the same color as certain palletes, making it look strange.  Same for the van/motorcycle.

-Mine explosion sprites cut off at the top.

-He could use air specials/hypers.

-His gun specials are way too smammable.  You could possibly have an ammo counter, maybe like Lobo to keep him honest.

-His standing hard kick looks unnatural.  Maybe another frame or two would make it look smoother.

-In his outro with Nick Fury where they run off screen, the camera follows them, dragging the opponent with it.

-He can't throw a flash grenade if a mine is placed, not sure if that was intentional.

-Speaking of the grenades, the commands seem a little weird, and they kind of "clash" with the other moves.  Perhaps give him another grenade type and have the moves something like this:
 Regular Grenade - F, D, DF, LP
 ? Grenade - F, D, DF, MP
 Flash Grenade - F, D, DF, HP

-The hitsparks on all the gun specials is too big, and looks kind of strange.

Other than these few things and what has already been addressed, you've done a great job on him.  Good luck on him and your other projects. :thumbsup:

@ lideroptimus - If it bugs you that bad, you can remove the Playsnds in his cns file.  Open the EOH file and edit these two sections out:

[State 220, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =  AnimElem = 10
value = S16,6
volume = 300

[State 220, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =  AnimElem = 5
value = S16,6
volume = 300

Offline lideroptimus

• Initiate
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »
@ lideroptimus - If it bugs you that bad, you can remove the Playsnds in his cns file.  Open the EOH file and edit these two sections out:

[State 220, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =  AnimElem = 10
value = S16,6
volume = 300

[State 220, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =  AnimElem = 5
value = S16,6
volume = 300

Thanks davismaximus I'll try, but, I'm serious... Punish wouldn't say BANG every shot with your pistol (Hand gun) in a battle like that. could be fix for the next UPdate.  ;)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2009, 12:01:06 AM »
I find it fun for him to say bang every time he fires.

That way I can  say my punisher likes rammstein.  :D *fire twice in succession and you'll hear what i mean.*
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »
I figured cutting them in half would be a problem. It's cool, it's just the disappearing that get's me. But believe me! I take nothing away from him. He's AWESOME!! Even as is! Just keep up the great work man. :thumbsup:

Offline Ref Cortez

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2017, 02:06:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:19 AM »
I figured cutting them in half would be a problem. It's cool, it's just the disappearing that get's me. But believe me! I take nothing away from him. He's AWESOME!! Even as is! Just keep up the great work man. :thumbsup:
dude, what's up with skeletor? you should make him.
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Offline Shingokusatsu

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 23, 2016, 03:08:10 AM
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »
Not my favorite char from Marvel, but this version is awesome

You should update the title so that everyone see the update file on 17/05/2009

Thanks Hollow boy

Offline ROLEINMUGEN

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 13, 2020, 06:16:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
It's a nice char.
Congrats.
But I have an idea. I hope you like it.
What if you make this char work a bit like mvc megaman or like Dogiedoo's Leo. Let me explain it better.

Supers:

- with a D,DB,B command and diferent punches you would load a diferent weapon (thrown by the punisher truck), they would be non lethal weapons ( suggestions: glue gun, smoke gun, tranquilizers, sleeping gas, sound guns,...) and would use them with the normal D,DF,F punch command

- With D,DF,F and kick you could use diferent types of grenades (proximity mines, pipe bombs, and time bombs)

Hypers:

- Like the supers , only you could load a lethal weapon with a limited amount of anmo, like:
    - a D,DF,F and 3 punches you would load a bazooka and 3 rockets
    - a D,DB,B and 3 punches you could load a sniper gun and 3 shots
    - D,F,DF and 3 punches you could load a mini nuclear warhead!!!! hehehe
    - and D, DF, F and 3 kickes you could use that same special he had on arcade where he throws 3 grenades then duck, that was fun too.

Welll, this are my ideas of how I would love a punisher char and how he would be really different from other chars.
Still I like yours a lot.
Thanks and bye

Offline EvilPAC

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 21, 2018, 09:47:14 PM
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »
Esta bueno Punisher pero tendrias que cambiarle un poco los sprite para que no se vea tan Cable! De todas formas buen trabajo!

Offline Z4kaR1

• Who cares?
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 06, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
  • stand by
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »
Esta bueno Punisher pero tendrias que cambiarle un poco los sprite para que no se vea tan Cable! De todas formas buen trabajo!
Un consejo, trata de hablar ingles en esta sección del foro porque la mayoria no habla español.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2009, 07:41:03 PM »
testing vid up in my eoh character testing thread. also notice punishers leg when doing the knife throw

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »
Really bro. but I think is prety EXHAUSTIVE and BORING listen he says BANG  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*, each time he give a shot, I don' like of Update just because he says BANG  %-( every time you give a hard punch or air atack with H.Punch

I prefer the Punish just give a SHOT and says nothing 
first off you r lieing cus i am the one who helped do the update on punisher and the only times he says "Bang" is when he does the hard punch in the statedef of 220 or 620

I am am so sick of few people complaining about one freakin word, i mean what the hell, maybe i shouldnt have helped with the update at all and then i wonder what you would say then huh?  :-??

Did you kno I was the one who gave him a voice in the first place?

So to please you, maybe punisher should have had no voice at all an just fire the darn gun like a quiet shinobi ninja lol!!!!!    ;*))

Just cus u dont like one thing about a character doesnt mean that the creator will change it just cus you yourself has said it needs changing

and if it bothers u that bad then take the sound out, i mean, after all thats why it is mugen u can take out stuff or edit things to your liking....

Not trying to be funny but most of the time when people fire a gun in movies, they usaully say somethin, so him saying "bang" is nuthing more than a Clint eastwood like swagger if anybody....

People r so darn picky, thats why alot of things dont get made for mugen, i mean to have a wall full of complaining about one freakin word, that is really annoying.....

Be happy somebody stayed up all night trying to make the character even better for all of you guys and thenonly to get this crap right here, man whatever

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:32:14 PM by R@CE 45 »

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:26 PM »
**Shoots a Gun* BANG!!!

see i do it to!! i hope you guys don't stop liking me because of it. LOL!!!

you did a great job Race!

Offline Playing Enemy

• Portrait & Screenpack Creator
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Royalty7 - The best decision I ever made
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »
R@CE, don't get discouraged man. I know it sucks when you work hard on something and then everyone just nit picks it apart. I think it's more the people that can't find anything else wrong with him other than "Bang" so they just keep posting that to fill up their day with activity. I'm more talking about MI than anything else. I think everyone else is just too busy playing with him and liking the new updates, that they get lost in it and forget to post back on it's excellence, which is what I did with this Punisher. I've been geeking out on him and Wolvenom for the past three days that I haven't really had a chance to leave any useful feedback. At this point though, other than wanting the knife to stay in the opponents longer and a few move tweaks, I can't think of anything else. Great job to everyone that helped make this character great by the way. I just had to say that again. It's good to actually have more marvel characters in mugen than just the ones from MvC. It's what I've been wanting forever. Bang!

"Maybe I am what they say I am.  A maniac...a psycho killer."

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »
yeah man they literally ate him apart over there....

I mean really man, all of that is child like....

Instead of offering assistance by help coding something or if atleast leaving feedback with respect or tellin them what is really wrong and leaving it at just that, oh noooooo we have to make walls and walls of un called for posts.....

And over what huh?.... None sense...

And the thing about it is this, back when i posted my feedback about the earlier beta of punisher, atleast i said what was really wrong, and also when i did say un called for stuff, i offered my help by the means of coding wise rather than to just talk crap....

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
yeah man they literally ate him apart over there....

I mean really man, all of that is child like....

Instead of offering assistance by help coding something or if atleast leaving feedback with respect or tellin them what is really wrong and leaving it at just that, oh noooooo we have to make walls and walls of un called for posts.....

And over what huh?.... None sense...

And the thing about it is this, back when i posted my feedback about the earlier beta of punisher, atleast i said what was really wrong, and also when i did say un called for stuff, i offered my help by the means of coding wise rather than to just talk crap....

Well Race I loved the "BANG"  :D
And also, man am I loving that song so much lol, it`s in my iPod, it`s EPIC  :)
--Thanks Race!--
---Thanks ApOc---

« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
Thanks man, thats means alot it really does :thumbsup:

I worked hard on that music track as well and you see how it turned out didnt you...

By the way did apoc giv you guys the one without the rain fx, i need to kno so i can giv upload it for you guys

>:-(-|  And also by the way, Not Directed at you Dante, but to anyone who thinks i get mad if people dont like what i do

I dont expect "OMFG, nice release" everytime but man atleast have common sense or some dignity..

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
Thanks man, thats means alot it really does :thumbsup:

I worked hard on that music track as well and you see how it turned out didnt you...

By the way did apoc giv you guys the one without the rain fx, i need to kno so i can giv upload it for you guys

>:-(-|  And also by the way, Not Directed at you Dante, but to anyone who thinks i get mad if people dont like what i do

I dont expect "OMFG, nice release" everytime but man atleast have common sense or some dignity..

It shows on the track, It`s so epic R@CE 45, Made Punisher the best release in the party (IMO) because of that song

---lol no worries, nobody`s perfect, at least you guys actually released Punisher, I thought with Apoc`s contest and all, Punisher was not going to be released soon, I`m loving the char and his stage and song, it shows the amount of work put in

« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2009, 09:35:39 PM »
but what's crazy is that i was gonna add even more to him tonight and maybe release another update cus the way i see it, this game isnt finished until we get everything done, so even though this is the release party, releases might be goin on all year, or need to....

I dunno, maybe if aftter i eat somethin i will work on the updates, see instead of me goin blah blah, i'm helping, as some people should do lol  ;)  ;*))

And i'm over here workin on updates for rhino too  #:-S

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
but what's crazy is that i was gonna add even more to him tonight and maybe release another update cus the way i see it, this game isnt finished until we get everything done, so even though this is the release party, releases might be goin on all year, or need to....

I dunno, maybe if aftter i eat somethin i will work on the updates, see instead of me goin blah blah, i'm helping, as some people should do lol  ;)  ;*))

And i'm over here workin on updates for rhino too  #:-S

Amen to that R@CE 45!
Good luck on the updates man  ;*))

Offline luck3001

• Last Login:March 08, 2012, 01:14:22 PM
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
how can I download him??

Offline lideroptimus

• Initiate
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:08 AM »
I'm already cut off the Bang, but I though that was to say all you like and don't like on hin... I loved all you guys made to the Punish.
The punish is MY 3rd favority of mugen, REALLY...

1st become Thor
2nd become Sandman
3rd become Punish  ^:)^
4th become Superman & Alucard's Batman

Don't you see R@ce? I loved your and aPoC Punish, and THANK YOU  :). I just would want to say about the personanity of Punish in comics, "is not with humor", but if All people Like hin with ALL UPDATES, Who is me to say some thing? :-$ (I am wrong and you right, ok?)

But could you Put some porcentage to Punish to say BANG some times when he going to try a HARD Punch? Like 20% or more? (I'M JUST CURIOUS) :P

HUAHUAHUA ;D. Sorry if I BUG you with my comments. I really really like hin at all. I sad that in other post, didn't you see?

PLEASE FORGIVE ME?! :'(

Now bug report:  When you playing on stage with inconsistant base (ground) (Like Shield Helicarier by Loganir) Nick Fury don't move with the Base (ground), Take a look.

Sorry bro. Again for my sugestion...  I want to learn MUGEN stuff too, but I don' see tutorial around the WEB. Any one could help me?

THE PUNISH IS PERFECT...
THE BEST CHAR OF EoH AND 2ND IS WONDERMAN. (In my opinion).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:48:32 AM by lideroptimus »

Offline samzam2058

• Last Login:January 04, 2011, 04:59:14 AM
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »
I already posted this on scruffy but I wanna make surre you see it.

Problems with the release:

Jump – To slow looks like he’s sort of floating
Standing MP – Launches too far forward
Grenade – The animation looks sloppy like the grenade is floating instead of being thrown fix the animation also why doesn’t it explode if you throw it over the opponent?
Uzi – Fix the animation the fire anim is not synced with the gun it looks bad. Look at baby bonne hood or bulletta if you want a reference
Down, Down, Back, LP – Is a grenade and it suffers from the same fate as the standard grenade.
Proximity Mine – Doing the command after you set it should make it explode. Also the explosion effect is really short make it higher.

Other than that awesome release!

Offline volzzilla

• Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
I did a video review of him for my YouTube channel and our review database at CVGunited.

All of the moves will be seen, including the new one since the update, the stun grenade. Some in an AI battle, all the rest in Training mode for a better look.

There are also text annotations throughout the video, and a more detailed discussion review at the main video link under more info.

I went into pretty much every aspect in the discussion, but here is the constructive criticism side:

There are quite a few things that still need some tweaking, but nothing too significant...but that is usually the case with characters classified as a beta, such as what Apoc calls him currently. With the sound, it is good when used, but I'd like to hear a few more clips during general gameplay as him saying bang and his get hit grunt just is not enough to me. The strong kick just looks weird, perhaps missing some animation frames, I'm not sure, I just know I don't like it's look. I did see him walking in air a few times as well, so that is a definite bug. And I thought his damage numbers needed some tweaking up in some cases. Plus, the Air Raid hyper needs to be adjusted in case you and the opponent are close to the edge of the screen, as it loses effectiveness sometimes. My main issue is the AI. He uses his hypers pretty good, though a little too much reliance on the Symbiote hyper; would like the others used a little more often for balance sake. And he just is not as strong as Frank Castle should be to me, as could not really do much against standard competition. Also, not sure why, but he barely uses his special moves in AI mode. He uses them very rarely, so I think that needs adjustment. But again, these things do not detract much from playing with him, as he is very fun to use.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
What happened to that helicopter attack hyper? I liked that one. :(
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare