collapse

Author Topic: Serious Kyo Kusanagi  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Elix

• Last Login:December 13, 2008, 04:24:02 PM
Serious Kyo Kusanagi
« on: August 17, 2007, 07:23:58 AM »
Serious Kyo Kusanagi

Story:

Kyo is already 30, he isn't a schoolboy anymore. Though he's relatively young his inherent gift, immense talent and enourmous fighting experience allowed him to reach transcedental levels of fist and flame mastery. Remembering how hard it was to beat Mukai back in 2003, and Orochi's messenger Magaki afterwards, and seeing all those new faces that joined the King of Fighters tournament, he decided that he cannot stay on the same fighting level but has to improve. Therefore he determined to take a journey to seek new techniques that he can learn.
The first man to come to his mind was Ken Masters. They once met in a battle and Kyo remembered him well. Ken Masters was also a fire user though Kyo's flames were of a different nature. Kyo remembered him as a man who used both his hands and legs equally well. Kicking has never been Kyo's profile. That left him feeling somewhat inferior to some of his opponents. So, despite the fact that his decision to learn kicking techniques would brake long-formed traditional Kusanagi-Ryuu Kobujutsu (actually, Kyo have been doing this as far as he remembers himself) and would surely make his father Saisyu angry (yet again), he went to Ken's place. Ken was surprised to say the least that famous King of Fighters champion came to seek his coaching. At first he refused Kyo's request and told him that his arts are not the thing that can be taught easily just like that. Yet Ken was very much interested in this man and in bottom of his heart even felt honored by Kyo's visit. Then Kyo suggested Ken to see for himself whether he is worthy to wield these techniques or not and began a fight. It was a very hot battle. Ken stopped the fight just before Kyo was going to ignite the air with Orochinagi. Kyo's request was accepted.
Kyo was a great apprentice and Ken was a great tutor. After four months of intensive training Kyo went back to Japan where he spent his remaining time until the next tournament in self training. Saisyu was surprised at how his son has matured. Kyo asked his father to teach him some more Kusanagi-Ryuu Kobujutsu techniques and Saisyu showed him a few family secrets. Kyo has gained aerial and double Yami Barai; double Oniyaki; aerial R.E.D. kick, even his rival's Iori Yagami's Yuri Ori and a lot more.
The reason of Kyo Kusanagi's constantly changing moves throughout the KOF tournaments was that he was searching. When Kyo learned a new move, he focused on it completely, and he tried not to use techniques he has already mastered. Now he decides that it is time for him to start using all arsenal of moves he knows. He couldn't have taken on such a difficult task of Choice earlier.
But more than techniques Kyo has acquired something that made him truly a fearsome opponent. A new fighting spirit. Kyo used to be rather lazy and overconfident in his matches. And only when he got serious he were able to defeat his opponents. From now on Kyo will be Serious from the very beginning till the very end of his battles...

Description

Serious Kyo is essentially a KOF XI EX Kyo with greatly enlarged movelist and a lot of extra stuff. The gameplay is made as close to KOF XI as possible. Hit boxes, pause/hittimes, velocities are taken from the origin. At the same time I've always used the newest KOF game possible (It isn't possible to take CLSN boxes from KOF XI, so I used KOF 2002-2003). In the matter of game balance, he is surely more powerful that Kyo from any year. If put into original game, he can be sub-boss or even a boss character because his moves doesn't have major disadvantages. So when I chose between a slow Aragami from KOF 2002 and a fast one from KOF XI I preferred XI.

The final release version of Serious Kyo will have such things as:
- command buffering;
- proper cornerpushes;
- KOF XI damage scaling;
- counter wire, dizzy, guard crush, guard death;
- super cancels, dream cancels including super cancel bar;
- KOF Maximum Impact stylish arts (new beautiful yet balanced combos);
- dynamic AI. 6-8 levels of difficulty. I haven't yet decided on whether it should depent on Mugen's AI difficulty setting or number of pallettes and such things;
- two strikers and as well spectators - Saisyu Kusanagi & Shingo Yabuki;
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The beta release isn't going to occur publicly. The final release date depends on how long it will take me to finish some things. And on my job schedule.
Here's a video I wrote a long time ago. There were a lot of flaws in him that time, such as missing sparks/sounds (changed group numbers), incorrect velocities... But it will give you some idea on what he'll be. I'll make another video soon, demonstrating his normals, command and special moves.

Promo video (~70%) -

"I am looking forward to Serious Kyo. Are you?"

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
Re: Serious Kyo Kusanagi
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
Welcome back,  :o it looks promising

i'm definitely looking forward to it

Offline Elix

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 11:00:59 AM »

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:31:59 AM »
are there any new specials or hypers  planned?
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »
Welcome back man, anyways i agree with King of iron fist, is there going to be any new specials and also like where this char is going. Keep up the great work.

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
welcome back and i love the story

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Elix

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »
Everyone welcomes me back as if they knew me before :o

Anyway, here's the list of super moves which are going to be in Serious Kyo.

1) DM + SDM 182 Shiki. It's qcf,qcf + A/C in KOF 2003 and in KOF XI. The same command for my Kyo.
2) DM + SDM Orochinagi. No comments :) qcb, hcf + A/C
3) DM + SDM from KOF 99, where Kyo rushes forward and hits opponent then ends with gut punches the opponent. =) qcb, qcb + A/C
4) DM + SDM 524 Shiki: Kamijiri & Kamigomi. It's his HSDM from KOF 2002 and SDM KOF XI. In my Kyo that move will look a little different from the original for both DM & SDM. hcb, hcb + A/C.
5) A qcf,hcb + A/C DM/SDM. It's like Iori's Ya Otome or K''s Chain Drive. Will be pretty spectacular.

The only KOF-like command that is left for DMs with punch button (except Kaiser Wave's f,hcf + A/C, lol) is hcf, hcf + A/C. Which can be used for Shoryu Reppa :D

Now DMs with kick button.

6) KOF 98's Saishuu Kessen Ougi DM + SDM. A DM version will look like EX kyo's SDM and his SDM version looks like his 2003 SDM. qcf, qcf + B/D.
7) Terry Bogard's Power Gayser-like DM and Kyo KOF MI2 like SDM. qcb, hcf + B/D.
8) His father Saisyu's Tsumugari DM + SDM. qcb, qcb + B/D.
9) qcf, hcb + B/D DM + SDM. Will be based on his Koto Tsuki You move. "A" version will be a reversal while "C" version will make Kyo rush towards his opponent.

The remaining commands are  and hcb, hcb + B/D and hcf, hcf + B/D which can be used for Shinryuken :)

The reason for such variety of DMs/SDMs is, well... You can choose from any of them in different situations, they won't bore you very quickly. Besides I'll try to balance them out.

As for now he is going to have one HSDM. Which you can really call a HIDDEN SDM, because you can't just input a command with low life and pull it off. To make this HSDM you need:
1) To enter a Kusanagi Rage mode (it's like BC with the difference that you need 3 power bars to activate it, a more powerful version of several moves appears and you can start off HSDM in it :) ;
2) Less than 34% of life;
3) HSDM triggers from a long chain combo.

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for specials, here's the list of his kick button moves:

1) 75 Shiki: Kai - qcf + K

Has two version. Weak version knocks down only after second hit and has less juggle ability. His main juggle combo starter. Well, you know it, you love it :)

2) 427 Shiki: Hikigane - qcb + Weak Kick

Sends opponent flying in the air. Immune to low attacks for some time. SCancelable. Used in chain combo qcf + Weak Punch, qcf + WP, qcb + WK (slower version of hikigane will come out. You cannot land the first hit normally, you'll have to juggle your opponent for it to land).

427 Shiki: Hikigane - qcb + Strong Kick

Invincible to high attacks at the beginning. This move has variations. If you hold strong kick button the whole time before the attack comes out, this move will hit 2 times with a base of 200 damage. However only the second attack will cause hard knockdown. It you do no hold SK button Kyo will hit only once but this hit causes hard knockdown. This move has Counter Wire properties. Used in this chain combo with altered properties:

3) 212 Shiki: Koto Tsuki You - hcb + WK

A reversal move. It can reverse high normal and special attacks. The move followed by it is... well, you'll see. This move is still under development (my most recent invention).

212 Shiki: Koto Tsuki You - hcb + SK

Strong version of this move is its classical version. During run and attack Kyo is invincible to low attacks (that attack very low, like Kyo's own low light kick). Kyo says: "Makka ni moero!", which means: "Burn in deep red (flames)!". Explode is SCancelable into Orochinagi.

4) Nata Otoshi Geri - hcf + WK, qcf + WK/SK, qcf + WK/SK

One of the moves that Kyo has learned under Ken's coaching and one of Ken's own chain moves. First attack of the chain hits two times (one with his knee and another with his leg straightened out). Second attack causes knockdown, hits opponent in the air and is SCancelabe. Third attack causes hard knockdown and smashes opponent against the ground. :buttrox:

Osoto Mawashi Geri - hcf + SK, qcf + WK/SK, qcf + WK/SK

Another move taught by Ken. The first attack causes hard knock down, can be followed up with a series of air kicks. Inspired by Hwoarang from Tekken :)
Well, this move is only under development. Because the first move is my sprite edit and it looks bad :( This is almost as long as I can get. I would appreciate any help with sprite editing!

5) 707 Shiki: R.E.D. Kick - rdp (reverse dragon punch - b, d, db) + WK

Hard knockdown on the opponent.
And his SP version:

Kyo also has Kuchuu R.E.D. kick, an aerial version from KOF XI. Aerial R.E.D. kick has longer recovery time.

6) 101 Shiki: Oboro Guruma - dp + WK

This one is a visiting card move of classic Kyo. This move causes hard knockdown.
The sprites you see are Kaddet's spritework. This guy made sprite edits for Sander71113's NeoKyo. I contacted Sander and asked his permission to use his sprites but he said that I should ask Kaddet himself. I still cannot contact him (e-mailed Orochi Herman also and didn't get an answer). All help contacting Kaddet will be greatly appreciated. Aside this, this and the following moves are completely done.

101 Shiki: Oboro Guruma - dp + SK

No comments. Spectacular triple kick attack in the air.
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's about to end his specials with kick button. Await the description for other moves next time.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:33 PM »
:O
What if you made the 101 Shiki: Oboro Guruma able to chain into the 707 Shiki: R.E.D. Kick.
Or
The 427 Shiki: Hikigane Chain able into the 101 Shiki: Oboro Guruma. :O

Offline Elix

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 04:41:29 AM »
Then, my friend, Kyo will be cheap as hell :) For spectacular combos I'll be making a stylish arts system.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:16 AM »
Welcome back Elix. Your Kyo looks mad crazy with those combos.  :o

Offline orochi yamazaki

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 01, 2012, 08:19:26 AM
  • I'm Orochi's power
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »
Welcome back man!!!! ;D
You are doing a really nice job on that Kyo!!! ;D
Keep it up my friend! :D
orochiyamazaki@fastwebnet.it >>>>>My mail!!!XD
Mugenation sprite contest winner 1#
Avatar By Leon!Thanks a lot Brother!!!!

ZBOY

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »
Welcome back Elix 8)

Offline Lightsworn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 31, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »
Where did you get the Kyo sounds (lost the link.
5069-5992-9366

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »
I coulds always rip Kyo sounds from KoF99, and MI2/2k7 if you need them.

Offline Elix

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 09:54:44 AM »
New neat chain combo!  XD|| Thanks to Kaddet for making it possible! (Now THIS is what I call sprite edits!  =D>)

Serious Kyo uses mixed sounds mosly from KOF XI and KOF MI2. I ripped KOF XI sounds myself using program PSOUND. (You can find KOFXI rips on MugenChina if you want). Here's MI2's sounds: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=38977.0

Offline Elix

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 12:52:08 PM »
New finisher of the Stylish Arts chain combo (thanks to Kaddet again):

Inspired by Jin from Tekken 3 ^_^ He has very similar elbow punches chain ending with straight punch.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
It's looking awesome, man, keep it up. I'll be replacing my current Kyo with this one for sure.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Lightsworn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 31, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 01:12:02 PM »
New neat chain combo!  XD|| Thanks to Kaddet for making it possible! (Now THIS is what I call sprite edits!  =D>)

Serious Kyo uses mixed sounds mosly from KOF XI and KOF MI2. I ripped KOF XI sounds myself using program PSOUND. (You can find KOFXI rips on MugenChina if you want). Here's MI2's sounds: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=38977.0

Thanks, this will help my research greatly.
5069-5992-9366

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 01:30:49 PM »
Very cool Elix, keep it up :)

Offline Gold_TSG

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2015, 03:44:25 AM
  • Palette God
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
All is looking sexy so far.

Offline outlaw

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 06, 2022, 08:09:43 PM
  • Wish ppl weren't soo mean wit der rare characters!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 08:50:51 PM »
New finisher of the Stylish Arts chain combo (thanks to Kaddet again):

Inspired by Jin from Tekken 3 ^_^ He has very similar elbow punches chain ending with straight punch.

Anything inspired by TEKKEN gets my vote  XD||

Sig done by Red Venom
Sprite edits by OY

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.