collapse

Author Topic: Dante  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Ðarious

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 02, 2009, 09:32:49 PM
    • Email
Dante
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:25:57 PM »
Well bringing back my old dante wip topic. All i have now is his stance and some 12 palettes since i had to respite him to his dmc1 costume. Also im not goin to make him in MvC style since well it turned out nasty with the old sprites. :-\

Oh well

Stance - Note that i purposely didnt put much movement into it. as you notice in dmc1 and in the anime he is slightly more serious and isnt as flamboyant in his fighting as he was in DMC3
[Update.

alright i know alot of you guys said that capcom sprites are better. but i'll let DT team handle the capcom looker. Plus i think the SNK sprites look real great in mugen. (i fixed the hair  ;))

(im goin to have to fix the palettes up. i just used the old ones so the colors might not look right)

Right now i still have a crap load to sprite but shouldnt be too bad since i basicly just have to revamp the old ones.

I got alot of ideas for moves and what not like as follow
-High Time - Simple Knock up move with sword
-Sword Play - Different sword combos based on the way you use his buttons.
-Stinger - Dashes and thrusts sword into enemy
-Round Trip - Throws sword at the opponent and can call it back when commanded to. While without the sword Dante uses melee moves

Still playing through DMC again for more ideas
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:25:34 PM by Ð312 »

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
Re: Dante
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »
nice. I was gonna comment on the stance, but I read your Note: soooo.... lol good luck!

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:31:13 PM »
well, ill tell you one thing. this is soooooo gonna replace my leaked beta or alexlexus's dante. thats for sure. not to be a pest or anything, what percent is he at? just wondering. if there is any way at all i can help you ill do it. note taht i AM AWESOME AT RIPPING SOUNDS!

Offline Ðarious

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:33:02 PM »
ive already ripped all the sounds i need sowy

and after redoing his sprites he is still at a very low percantage i would say 2-5% since i still have the old one's coding

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »
ive already ripped all the sounds i need sowy

and after redoing his sprites he is still at a very low percantage i would say 2-5% since i still have the old one's coding

well anything else you would need help with? just not anything related to sprites, plz.

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
You changed the sprites. 8)
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »
Ahahahahah! No one's going to accuse you of stealing sprites now! (If anything I'd be careful, people might start getting jealous and stealing your stuff). ;D

I think you've made the right decision. He looks great, and the lack of movement really does add to his seriousness. The bottom of his coat is a little bit static, but I'm not one to comment on such things (I've just sprited a similar coat for a WIP, and I didn't sprite it to look like it was flapping in a breeze so really I have no right to say that you should with yours). ;)

Offline Epic Win Man

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 03, 2017, 10:28:49 PM
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
wow...this looks really good...I just cant decide if my final dante will be the other, more SNK-looking dante, or your more capcom-ish one...guess Ill have to compare when they both come out. Good luck, and please, DO NOT GIVE UP
hmmm...

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:55:31 AM »
Your "mature" Dante looks good , GL

altought it's a shame you won't be doing "crazy" Dante...
.....yours looked way better than alexlexus's 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 01:16:18 AM by Noob Saibot »

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:10:10 AM »
Looking good. Sucks that it wont be MvC styled, but then again the first DMC wasn't combo hungry like the 3rd game so it makes sense I guess :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 02:04:59 AM »
Im pretty sure you could monumentally screw up and this would be a decent character. I think we all have faith in your ability to get him done without a problem, though.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 04:45:09 AM »
hopefully you givem guns like in the game :) that fool had some sick weapons

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »
i like how you used ken's head. i looks very nice.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »
Your "mature" Dante looks good , GL
altought it's a shame you won't be doing "crazy" Dante...
.....yours looked way better than alexlexus's 

qft.
Good to see this posted again, I'm sure he'll turn out great. Are you still doing Vile as well?

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »
FTW

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »
OFFTOPIC: Hey did you guys know that alexlexus used to be a member here? He also posted his first dante sprites here too.

ONTOPIC: I wonder how the basic move sprites are going to look now.
Need help with Chankast?

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
well, ill tell you one thing. this is soooooo gonna replace my leaked beta or alexlexus's dante. thats for sure. not to be a pest or anything, what percent is he at? just wondering. if there is any way at all i can help you ill do it. note taht i AM AWESOME AT RIPPING SOUNDS!
Someone leaked it?  :'( That explains why I can't find the video of him on youtube.  :( Now I'm going to have the :( feeling for the remainder of the day.

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 01:12:12 PM »
Someone leaked it?  :'( That explains why I can't find the video of him on youtube.  :( Now I'm going to have the :( feeling for the remainder of the day.

there are videos of him on youtube.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »

there are videos of him on youtube.
I meant the wip video you posted of him awhile back. I couldn't find it when Infinity was offline.

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 01:24:41 PM »

ok your confused. im not making this dante. the leaked dante is the dante taht is not in this thread. ok? get it?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »

ok your confused. im not making this dante. the leaked dante is the dante taht is not in this thread. ok? get it?
Ok yeah I'm confused. I just remembered someone was making Dante DMC3 style before Infinity went offline. In your first post in this topic you said that "it will replace my leaked beta or Alexlexus' Dante" I'm guessing that was a typo and you meant to say of instead of or.

Anyways.. @D312
Awesome job with the sprites! It will definitely be awesome! Just one thing? Are you going to make him super jump or double jump? And if you make him double jump are you going to make that weird circle that always pops under his feet when he double jumps?

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »

Ok yeah I'm confused. I just remembered someone was making Dante DMC3 style before Infinity went offline. In your first post in this topic you said that "it will replace my leaked beta or Alexlexus' Dante" I'm guessing that was a typo and you meant to say of instead of or.

Anyways.. @D312
Awesome job with the sprites! It will definitely be awesome! Just one thing? Are you going to make him super jump or double jump? And if you make him double jump are you going to make that weird circle that always pops under his feet when he double jumps?

ok D312 is making this dante, and he was also making the dante from the old infinity. the old dante turned into the one you see today. alexlexus is making the dante i have. get it now?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Anyways.. @D312

ok D312 is making this dante, and he was also making the dante from the old infinity. the old dante turned into the one you see today. alexlexus is making the dante i have. get it now?
Yes. I got it when I figured out that your first post was a typo. lol.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 02:13:08 PM »

Anyways.. @D312

Yes. I got it when I figured out that your first post was a typo. lol.

@_@' hahahaha wtf

ontopic:  great dante dude!! looking forward to it.

Offline Ðarious

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
heh sweet got a page of replies while i was at school :P

anyways ina few hours when i get back ima start spriting the rest of his basic movements. (got run crouch and jump to do)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal