collapse

Author Topic: What do you think of cyber-bullyism?  (Read 412 times)

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 01, 2023, 08:06:41 PM
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
What do you think of cyber-bullyism?
« on: August 02, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »
Asking for your opinions about a very bad issue the world is facing: cyberbullyism.
Do you think cyberbullyism is ok?
Have you ever been discriminated in a certain community for your opinions or belief?

As regards my experience:
(click to show/hide)

So, have you ever suffered of cyberbullyism? 

Share your experience in this thread!

But most important: every act of violence has a funny and humiliating reason that incites the bullies to act the way they do. What was it in your case? lol
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:32:51 PM by mulambo »

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
Re: What do you think of cyber-bullyism?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
Well, that sucks. the best medicine, is to get away from people and places that hurt you.

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:54 PM »
Well, that sucks. the best medicine, is to get away from people and places that hurt you.
That may look wise, but escaping forever doesn't solve a thing. Many of mass murderers in America, for example, were bullied by their school mates, then they quit school (they escaped the problem) to return there and shoot everyone (innocents and culprits too).

So it's bullyism something so bad that it can impact also the lives of those who commit it? Isn't it better to fight back such people which are unconscious of their actions?

I think those people which like to vent their frustration both online and in real life (because OL is a sort of "virtual" reflection of the real world, especially nowadays of total connection) should be educated about the dangers of cyberbullyism. It's about being aware of the consequences, imho.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:56:00 PM by mulambo »

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 02, 2019, 04:56:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »

Be marble, an untouchable, a killer, it is better to be the predator than the prey. You are the master of your destiny and the force is with you. Amen   %%- >:(

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
Be marble, an untouchable, a killer, it is better to be the predator than the prey. You are the master of your destiny and the force is with you. Amen   %%- >:(
Nice point, but: is it really human to choose a lifestyle that naturally fits a lion or a deer, more than a human being?
I mean: is it necessary to choose between being the predator or the prey, or is it possible to act more ethically and choose none of the above?
Or are we just "downgrading" ourselves to other animals, while pretending to be superior?

Cannibalism is the problem here. Humans preying on each other, acting like dogs. So, are we dogs or human beings?

Do we have a brain or are we happy to act like zombies?

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »
That may look wise, but escaping forever doesn't solve a thing. Many of mass murderers in America, for example, were bullied by their school mates, then they quit school (they escaped the problem) to return there and shoot everyone (innocents and culprits too).

So it's bullyism something so bad that it can impact also the lives of those who commit it? Isn't it better to fight back such people which are unconscious of their actions?

I think those people which like to vent their frustration both online and in real life (because OL is a sort of "virtual" reflection of the real world, especially nowadays of total connection) should be educated about the dangers of cyberbullyism. It's about being aware of the consequences, imho.

think so: when it is the battle, think of the collateral damage. some battles are a waste of time. but if it's worth it, fight!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
I myself have been bullied out of communities before. It sucks and can leave you feeling like you don't belong anywhere for awhile. And when you already suffer with depression it can make things worse.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
 my advice would be stop going to those site, some got some strange rules that apply in their favor of their belief that not many can relate to. its best to choose the places u can see people like you would go there and were they believe in what u believe. other wise there will be disagreements.

and most of the times its people that wont even dare to say anything to your face in real life. real life bullying its better to handle because u can do things is you have the heart to try. cyber u cant do anything because u can not see the other person in real life..

i stay away from forums that dont share what i believe in. in real life i have had few wanna be bullies and its always the same outcome, i tend to punch them in their mouth and walla!!!!!! end of bullying... on the internet unfortunualy i cant do the same so they get spare to keep their teeth intact.. its sad but i learn that all i can do is just not go to that site.

Offline WizzyWhipitWonderful

• Contributor
  • Last Login:October 29, 2023, 03:28:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
I still go through that on YouTube; people love to post negative, hurtful stuff because that's just the times we live in. Cyber-bullying is demoralizing and kills projects if you ask me.

I've never seen so many people who thrive on seeing others suffering, pain, misery, and delight at others being destroyed....people cheer at the fact that people fail at things they try.

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 02:38:32 PM »
people cheer at the fact that people fail at things they try.
that's natural, I enjoy fail videos,   it's naturally funny to laugh at somebody's accident but not to the point of losing my empathy (example: I can't stand painful fails).
some people, though, they're so dumb they can't see themselves in the other ones, that's lack of empathy (a clear sign of stupidity, low degree of moral advancement).
It's a society that strives for aesthetic excellence, while forgetting what's really meaningful. Shallow heads which only care about reputation.

Offline WizzyWhipitWonderful

• Contributor
  • Last Login:October 29, 2023, 03:28:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 10:55:38 PM »
that's natural, I enjoy fail videos,   it's naturally funny to laugh at somebody's accident but not to the point of losing my empathy (example: I can't stand painful fails).
some people, though, they're so dumb they can't see themselves in the other ones, that's lack of empathy (a clear sign of stupidity, low degree of moral advancement).
It's a society that strives for aesthetic excellence, while forgetting what's really meaningful. Shallow heads which only care about reputation.

Sounds like society has become a "loose woman".

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar