collapse

Author Topic: How to get the "Creator" level/ranking?  (Read 619 times)

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 01, 2023, 08:06:41 PM
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
How to get the "Creator" level/ranking?
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:16:41 AM »
As title says, I don't know this is the proper section for such question though...
so, how to get the "Creator" ranking?
Not that I care so much, but that would be cool to be recognized as one, since I'm a creator (check my website or ask for any other info).

Any help?

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
Re: How to get the "Creator" level/ranking?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:24:01 AM »
Well you create and if the admins decide you are fit to be considered a creator, they update your profile. I think this is how it goes.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:29:36 PM »
Yeap!  ^^(PM)^

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 02:48:50 AM »
Well you create and if the admins decide you are fit to be considered a creator, they update your profile. I think this is how it goes.
well, I constantly create and created MUGEN contents (chars, stages, music, full games).
Most of them are original creations, available on the GAMES section of my site: http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org
How to get in contact with the admin?
Who's the admin, btw?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:54:15 AM by mulambo »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
Acey, Scar, Laspacho, Sabaki and Excursion!! :)

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 03:35:19 AM »
Acey, Scar, Laspacho, Sabaki and Excursion!! :)
Thanks!
I've just sent a PM to Laspacho (he was the only one available on the Recent Posts tab).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:43:16 AM by mulambo »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »
There you go mulambo your now a contributor.  Enjoy.  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:21 AM »
There you go mulambo your now a contributor.  Enjoy.  :)

Laspacho, we have rules for that. Creator status is something earned, not asked.
Someone needs to suggest his name and other creators need to vote.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
I know it's not the usual thing to give a title when asked.  However from what I have seen we usually don't vote that often. 
I saw he had made enough things and contributed enough to earn the title.
I think in the future we need to look at these things more often and vote.  I'll refrain from doing this in the future and just make a vote for it.
Thanks O.

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
Laspacho, we have rules for that. Creator status is something earned, not asked.
Someone needs to suggest his name and other creators need to vote.
uhm.. ok, how is the vote being organized? wouldn't it be better with a community-based poll or with a "Creators apply here" thread ... sort of?

thanks anyway, laspacho, I'm fine with the contributor status... I actually like light blue more than pink, but it's just for being more precise that I should be named as creator as I create something... but anyway, that's fine for me atm

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »
I wouldn't recommend complaining about a promotion...

It took me a long time to rank up, and I never asked for a promotion. I earned the promotions that I received (just like at IRL work. :D), and it was voted for, just like the rest. A promotion vote is something that's only in your control, now, to vote for.

Anyone that's questioning their title on the forum, I always recommend personal messaging an admin. Do not post in the actual forum about it.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
You for hire?
Keep Mugen Free

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »

It took me a long time to rank up, and I never asked for a promotion. I earned the promotions that I received (just like at IRL work. :D), and it was voted for, just like the rest. A promotion vote is something that's only in your control, now, to vote for.

Anyone that's questioning their title on the forum, I always recommend personal messaging an admin. Do not post in the actual forum about it.
^^(PM)^

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 04:12:18 AM »

I have to disagree with you, sir, for this reasons:
1. transparency. I both talked about it on the forums and sent a pm to laspacho. I didn't act "secretly". Imho, there's nothing wrong in asking for a title change if you think that you're a creator, so people can just recognize you (or else... what's the reason of titles?).
2. I see nothing wrong in both earning a title and asking for the title directly, it's only the title criteria that changes:
- you probably think that a title is earned when somebody recognizes your work as a creation and he/she recognizes you as a creator because he thinks so (subjective reason) OR you can think that title is earned because you actually are a creator (objective reason). I stand for the objective reason, opinions are always over-rated. I created something, it's not what probably most people expect and want, but it's mostly original (parody chars apart).
3. If you're comparing MUGEN to REAL JOB... let me know how much you earned so far. I'm joking, of course, my point is: MUGEN is (and should be) a hobbie. Not a real job. The same people who complain about certain sites "monetizing" over MUGEN are now comparing MUGEN to a real job? If this is not ridicule, then there's something wrong in their point of view.

My suggestion: take it easy, guys, don't be so serious/picky/elitist. If nobody is contributing to MUGEN as much as you can expect (as I've read on the chat lately) then it's no way you can blame Elecbyte for it, because probably Elecbyte quitted after seeing there was too much seriousness in the MUGEN community.

This doesn't mean a creator should be called like it without providing something decent. But if decency is being judged only by people who hate other people for childish reasons.. well good luck, MUGEN community.

Oh, and btw, I'm not complaining about my current title. I'm actually proud of it and I'm thankful to laspacho for that. I just think that things should be a little simpler: you're a creator? Prove it. How are you going to achieve that? Ask the authorities. Did I break the rules? Am I challenging the rules? I don't think so. Probably I just want to improve them, I don't know. Or maybe I just think in a more simple way, that's all. I'm still really surprised on such reactions by some of you..

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 05:50:03 AM »
just for being more precise that I should be named as creator as I create something...
That's complaining...

A promotion is something better talked about or asked for in private. By asking for it openly on the forum, you're basically begging for it, and there's no need for that. A simple pm to an admin would have sufficed.

As for #2, again, a simple personal message to an admin, "How do I get ____ title?," would have sufficed.

Also, I never compared MUGEN to a real job. I merely compared to how some forums might work, with regards to promotions, with how promotions work in IRL work sometimes...

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
That's complaining...

A promotion is something better talked about or asked for in private. By asking for it openly on the forum, you're basically begging for it, and there's no need for that. A simple pm to an admin would have sufficed.

As for #2, again, a simple personal message to an admin, "How do I get ____ title?," would have sufficed.

Also, I never compared MUGEN to a real job. I merely compared to how some forums might work, with regards to promotions, with how promotions work in IRL work sometimes...
sorry, but I think you're wrong again. I'm not complaining, you're just trying to make me look like I'm complaining. Either your perception is wrong or probably you lack of the dictionary: creator means "someone who creates". Did I say something like " Hey I don't like this, I don't like that!" No. That's actually complaining. Get the facts straight, don't try to manipulate the truth to make it fit your intentions (whatever they are, I really do not care about them), thank you.

As for #2, nope, that wouldn't work without pi**ing off somebody who's naturally too picky about "promotions". Some people like you could come over and say "So, mulambo, you're acting secretly in order to get a promotion!". This is just an hypothesis, but I've seen how some of you act sometimes, out of jealousy, elitism or other fancy attitude and I don't exclude the fact it would have happened. In simple words: I did it openly. Begging? No. That's "asking". If you're scared of asking something so simple openly, maybe you're too shy, there's no problem in that, nothing to fear about, imho. I didn't "surpass" anyone here. I didn't offend anyone or violated the netiquette. Again, we're on a useless flamewar, I guess, so if some of you would stop complaining... that would be great!

As for "promotions", sorry, I don't see the creator/contributor thing as a promotion.
In my opinion, or better, more objectively a promotion is something related to hierarchy. This is a community, not a business. It doesn't produce anything that's meant to be sold. So, neither the work-place or the IRL thing are good examples, imho. The only thing they have in common with
a forum community is the organization: somehow somebody has to watch over other people's behaviour (moderators) and somebody has to manage the place (admins). So, other creators or simple users can't talk about "promotion" unless they get to the admin or moderator title. In that case, they're probably "promoted", imho.

So, basically you say that:

asking openly, without secrets or cheap tricks = begging
being precise according to dictionary = complaining
titles = promotions

Aren't you dramatizing a bit too much?

I just asked to be called a creator because that's what I am and how I feel. But hey, if this community thinks I'm just a contributor, I wouldn't mind if I can't get "more" than that. Such decisions are up to admins, all the other users can only expose their opinions about it.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »
I am closing this topic. All this complaining is not needed neither is useful to the forum.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar