collapse

Author Topic: Warmachine/Iron Man(future release) - What's your thoughts?  (Read 6395 times)

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
Re: Warmachine/Iron Man(future release) - What's your thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 10:08:20 PM »
You're more in the know than I am since you were part of that team so what's your opinion?

I loved Scruffy a few years ago... most of my Mugen DC roster came from them. I used to go there everyday just to read blog posts and yearly for the Scruffyversaries. I stopped frequencing the site once it basically became dead in regards to Mugen content.

I didn't see any activity on the forums so there was nothing for me to talk to ppl about on there either and most of the creators disappeared. lognair and Buyog regularly updated their blogs but obviously real life stopped them from doing that like 2 years ago

I saw you were still in action on here and there's been a wucash sighting recently and of course Magus is now back somewhat so I mean, from my POV that's my opinion on why Scruffy doesn't have the traffic it used to have

I'd love to hear what you think the reason is

I'm also aware of Magus wanting money for some chars a few years ago

ok, if 400 people join my youtube channel and 1,500 hit like in my facebook, then ill let you know all the details and all that really happened. :cool

JK!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:14:48 PM by verz36 »

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
ok, if 400 people join my youtube channel and 1,500 hit like in my facebook, then ill let you know all the details and all that really happened. :cool

JK!!!!!!!

Lol! I'm first to subscribe!!!

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »
Lol! I'm first to subscribe!!!

cool!!! now we down to 399 and 1,499..... :)

yes I was scruffy long ago but I changed my mind after few incidents. i saw things that didn't sit well with me.  the real story is pretty long and there are too many things involved. Oilu said some but from loganir, he took his whole blog for the $ake of more traffic. but there was a lot more. I don't want to open old wounds but if enough of you want to hear it, the I got a story to tell. like slick rick childrens story!!!

edit,
  I don't see a problem in asking people to subscribe to your channel or hit likes on your page but doing it in exchange for releasing a character, I think that's not good. but everybody is entitled to their own opinions.. most creators make characters and release them to the public for free and they ask nothing in return. the whole patron page thing for donations is different I think, its up to the people if they want to give donations.
lets see how many of you are really dying to grab that warmachine and lets see how far you all go to get it. lol!!!!

@logansam, good luck with that scruffy memebership!!! 

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:53:00 PM by verz36 »

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2021, 04:55:58 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
Coming from where it comes, it doesn't surprises me AT ALL.
I don't want to be rude, but you have no idea of what you are talking about. SD and Magus have a very WELL KNOW long history...and a very bad one. Its sad to see some new names joining there, because they will earn the same bad reputation.

Magus is just using content from other people to promote his site, something he already did on the past. He even earned money with the content from other person, without their consent, like Loganir. But if you try to say something, Magus already have a WALL OF TEXT done to blame you, attack you, your family, bla bla bla. Believe me, I know I am talking about...

Like as Magus haven't made it before...

Its just a desesperation act from a semi-defunct community. He is just trying to "erase" the bad reputation after many people left it, but I doubt he will succeed.

None of what you said there proves i dont know what im talking about. I respect that you have history with this man and your experiences in the past are deep rooted but what i said is still fact.  Drumming up traffic for your website is not shady nor a threat.

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:56 AM »
cool!!! now we down to 399 and 1,499..... :)

yes I was scruffy long ago but I changed my mind after few incidents. i saw things that didn't sit well with me.  the real story is pretty long and there are too many things involved. Oilu said some but from loganir, he took his whole blog for the $ake of more traffic. but there was a lot more. I don't want to open old wounds but if enough of you want to hear it, the I got a story to tell. like slick rick childrens story!!!

edit,
  I don't see a problem in asking people to subscribe to your channel or hit likes on your page but doing it in exchange for releasing a character, I think that's not good. but everybody is entitled to their own opinions.. most creators make characters and release them to the public for free and they ask nothing in return. the whole patron page thing for donations is different I think, its up to the people if they want to give donations.
lets see how many of you are really dying to grab that warmachine and lets see how far you all go to get it. lol!!!!

@logansam, good luck with that scruffy memebership!!!

Yeah I don't even see him hitting the quota he wants to hit

I feel like the ppl who really want his War Machine are either already aware or already subscribed, etc that's why I think he should just put it out if it's ready

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 05:30:59 PM
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
I'll have to google it.. I just remember Lethal Syndicate and DC vs Marvel lol

http://z6.invisionfree.com/GL_mugen_project/index.php

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »
Wow Sei was part of that project??  :o

I also see Buyog's Hal which it was expected!! :)

I have to sign in there I guess in order to see the rest of the wips! :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
None of what you said there proves i dont know what im talking about. I respect that you have history with this man and your experiences in the past are deep rooted but what i said is still fact.  Drumming up traffic for your website is not shady nor a threat.

That is ok to me ;)

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
Wow Sei was part of that project??  :o

I also see Buyog's Hal which it was expected!! :)

I have to sign in there I guess in order to see the rest of the wips! :)

I see a Kyle Rayner.. this is news to me I wonder if that got released

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
Apparently not!! John and Guy look similar to Zvitor's and Warecus ones!! The girls are Jade and the blonde girl is??

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »
if I had the time I would love to give guy the navs update that was played around with on crusadercast

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 05:30:59 PM
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:28 PM »
Completely off-topic.

Apparently not!! John and Guy look similar to Zvitor's and Warecus ones!! The girls are Jade and the blonde girl is??

Guy is an update of Slotman's char, a mix of Charlie Nash and Cap. The GL project char was supposed to be given more details on belt and different attacks, but I do not know where progress halted.

The same mix could be worked for Ray.

That's definitely not Wil.li.am and Zvitor's GL. That's McCready's IIRC.
The intended stance for that GL can be found here: http://buyogslair.blogspot.com.br/2009/08/hal-as-yellow-lantern.html

There are not many sprites of him laying around, most of it was shown in Buyog's blog. He was supposed to face War Machine in the second phase of the SD project.

Blonde girl is Arisia Rrab, wip by Angelic Charon.

I am pretty sure Kyle is Larramones'. Base was Cody's head + Cyke. Pyche and ANC had an Ion wip back then I guess... Verz, can you confirm?

if I had the time I would love to give guy the navs update that was played around with on crusadercast

This one?

It doesn't really need that much work. Start with a gethit frankensprite if you want my help getting the style right.

Time to get back on topic? ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:53:27 PM by navs41 »

Offline mon-el

• Voice pack guy, experinced spriter, and friend to all.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:September 13, 2018, 04:25:46 PM
  • You just can't beat a classic.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »

Her name is Arisia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arisia_Rrab

Back to the topic, I don't think I'd mind this as much if the requirements were minimal, especially for well known characters who's sprites are already available, with minor improvements to sprites and gameplay.

If it were for a character that hasn't been made, then it would be a different story, especially if it's a popular character or important to a story line.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
Completely off-topic.

Guy is an update of Slotman's char, a mix of Charlie Nash and Cap. The GL project char was supposed to be given more details on belt and different attacks, but I do not know where progress halted.

The same mix could be worked for Ray.

That's definitely not Wil.li.am and Zvitor's GL. That's McCready's IIRC.
The intended stance for that GL can be found here: http://buyogslair.blogspot.com.br/2009/08/hal-as-yellow-lantern.html

There are not many sprites of him laying around, most of it was shown in Buyog's blog. He was supposed to face War Machine in the second phase of the SD project.

Blonde girl is Arisia Rrab, wip by Angelic Charon.

I am pretty sure Kyle is Larramones'. Base was Cody's head + Cyke. Pyche and ANC had an Ion wip back then I guess... Verz, can you confirm?

This one?

It doesn't really need that much work. Start with a gethit frankensprite if you want my help getting the style right.

Time to get back on topic? ;)

you pretty much got it all correct from what I remember too. but wow I remember that john by mac, I saw few animations from that long ago, I never asked him about john, al this time I though he gave his work to zvitor and Williams. im going to search thru my harddrives to se if I can find something..

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
That means Unimited team played a huge part in that project!!  :)

So many great wips by talented creators!! Angelic Charon was in Team Unlimited? I still use his Invincible Woman as I think it has the best design ever made for her!! She just needs more sprites, some new attacks and better coding!!  :thumbsup:

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »

This one?

It doesn't really need that much work. Start with a gethit frankensprite if you want my help getting the style
[/quote]

Yep I made a sprite of him using the bases you told me...probably lost somewhere on the defunct crusadercast.com site

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 03:06:39 AM »
On the topic of War Machine.. I saw someone on YT also informing Magus that this will not work. Magus flat out responded he's not releasing unless he sees those #s  <_<|...|

I still think he's making a mistake.. The ppl that actually want his are probably already subscribed. A lot are content with logansam's version

The YT previews were enough to build interest back into a character teased over 5 years ago

Doesn't even looked like he's cracked +5 in anything he wants +200 in
 :-"

Don't get me wrong, I'd actually like to have his War Machine I just don't see the way he wants it to be released coming into fruition
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:51:34 AM by dakidbanks »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
I totally agree with you!!  ^^(PM)^

So whats the current stats for now:

Facebook Likes so far: 691                      Target: 1000

Youtube subscribers:   419                              Target: 750

Still a long way to run!! Of course I wish him luck to achieve his goal!

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »
I totally agree with you!!  ^^(PM)^

So whats the current stats for now:

Facebook Likes so far: 691                      Target: 1000

Youtube subscribers:   419                              Target: 750

Still a long way to run!! Of course I wish him luck to achieve his goal!

Me too because I actually want his War Machine

I don't see 300 new ppl willing to do all that for 1 character

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »
its really easy if you guys want it so bad, then just create like 200 accounts each and subscribe and post likes and you all will get your wishes...  :DxDie

how things have changed, now the new trend will be to ask either for donation money or subscriptions.  :cool

and the funny thing is that there will be people willing,  :o

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »
its really easy if you guys want it so bad, then just create like 200 accounts each and subscribe and post likes and you all will get your wishes...  :DxDie

how things have changed, now the new trend will be to ask either for donation money or subscriptions.  :cool

and the funny thing is that there will be people willing,  :o

yeah it's crazy.. I've been subscribed to him for years but i did not click like on Facebook

I don't think people that would appreciate the char should have to wait and see if others want it too by doing something just to get it and then the #s wanting to be reached are flat out absurd

I can stick with logansam's War Machine for now if it's that serious lol

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
Me too!! I think I could do that only if he would release Dr Strangefate(even if I dont agree with the specific policy)!! lol

Offline logansam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2024, 05:11:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 01:36:18 PM »
times change, in this days some people are waiting for the releases to put them  in his forums and gain money from it, like M.A does,in fact M.A put edits from all the mugen world, and dont care if you dont like it.

this is how the things are working now, i dont see nothing wrong to gain some money from it. i still waiting from M.A my money from host my characters.

and is very simple if you dont want dont do it, and if you want it do it....

@verz thank you

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 03:08:23 PM »
how things have changed, now the new trend will be to ask either for donation money or subscriptions. 
Ask for donations in general is not wrong. But ask for donations to a specific character is illegal, because it turns into a sale disguised as a donation.
And this would be very, very bad.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »
times change, in this days some people are waiting for the releases to put them  in his forums and gain money from it, like M.A does,in fact M.A put edits from all the mugen world, and dont care if you dont like it.

this is how the things are working now, i dont see nothing wrong to gain some money from it. i still waiting from M.A my money from host my characters.

and is very simple if you dont want dont do it, and if you want it do it....

@verz thank you

your dragon king is no different than m.a.  so make sure you tell him to give you your cut for helping him.
time will teach you some lessons. why you think everybody left him. the batman that's on his site its 70% unlimited, that was part of his downfall. and many other things that happened. just so you know, I asked for my work to be taken down and he refused. others also asked too. your alliance with him might spell trouble for you in the future. scruffy was a great place long ago and it was the members that made it that way but all that changed and people left. the batman incident created an internal war that made some of the members get away from there.

Ask for donations in general is not wrong. But ask for donations to a specific character is illegal, because it turns into a sale disguised as a donation.
And this would be very, very bad.

ask for donation the way you ask and others, is not wrong. because you guys use it for the purpose of other people that might want something specific that most likely you wont be interested . so this way people can get things done. I see this as paying for the time u spend in doing something that's others want and not you.. there is nothing wrong in getting donations, because after all they are donations but when its something required in order to release something of speed up something you doing anyway, then its wrong because its not really donation any more..  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista