collapse

Author Topic: Coding Power Bars as Helpers  (Read 714 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Coding Power Bars as Helpers
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to code Power bars as helpers and this Is what I've got, this is for a full game I'm making for myself and some friends, so P2 will be the exact same. The bars are meant to be in the style of the Marvel (Or pretty much any fighting game for that matter...)games, where the bars stack on top of each other

The power Bars itself:
(click to show/hide)

Didn't include P2's because it's the exact same thing but the facing and x-Position are different. Colours are place holders for now.

The Only Problem left is that Blue power Bar doesn't appear (when increasing, seems to be a problem with modify Explod section, since changing the value seemed to work, (But then it became too Big)

Can someone with a little experience in this help me out?
All this is odd that some things work but others don't despite all of it being basically the same code over and over again. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Fixed Some things
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:16:02 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Coding Power Bars as Helpers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:52:26 AM »
Helpers are destroyed when you skip intros. You will need to recreate them in state 0. This is normal behaviour. You have an ID though so this is just a simple state -2 to fix. Or as it's a game you could put it in the common and everyone would get it.

Ugh, modifyexplod, my most hated of all sctrls in mugen. I prefer helpers for this sort of thing, or even having the explod recreate itself with the correct scale. Scaling them upwards tends to be anus too, it's better to make them full size then scale down from there for lower values.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Re: Coding Power Bars as Helpers
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 02:10:06 AM »
Helpers are destroyed when you skip intros. You will need to recreate them in state 0. This is normal behaviour. You have an ID though so this is just a simple state -2 to fix. Or as it's a game you could put it in the common and everyone would get it.

Ugh, modifyexplod, my most hated of all sctrls in mugen. I prefer helpers for this sort of thing, or even having the explod recreate itself with the correct scale. Scaling them upwards tends to be anus too, it's better to make them full size then scale down from there for lower values.

Okay thanks, put them in state -3. (In case somehow P2 get's sent into a custom state at the start of the round though now sure how.)

So this just leaves the modify explode that is ruining the blue bar, how would you go about this with helper's exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. by making it small and grow instead of big and shrink.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:31:39 AM by -Whiplash- »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal