collapse

Author Topic: How has playing mugen effected your console gaming in fighting games?  (Read 1283 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
This is a subject im sure a lot of us here laughed to our selves about one point when you stopped playing mugen for a while and then went and played CVS2 or even a KOF game and be like "damn was this game always like this? ??? " i dont remember it being this slow or this stiff to play" lol

The damage of the bosses in those games were crazy too. i havent played the old console games of mines in eons but when i do im like wow....this was DIRTY lol i dusted off and played my old import tatsunoko vs capcom today and played against the last boss in final form and totally forgot how dirty its super blast and super grab & blast supers are.

Playing against all kinds of Dirty, Tough or Cheap CPU AI in mugen sorta gave me a one up on figuring out weaknesses of bosses pretty quick now to a degree.

so what how has mugen effected you?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:37:14 PM by DEMONKAI »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sinister1ne

• Infinity Member 'Til The End
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 24, 2019, 08:26:17 AM
    • Email
Re: How has playing mugen effected your console gaming in fighting games?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »
It's hard to play other fighting games, after playing mugen... No Disrespect intended.

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2019, 05:23:39 PM
  • Ready to shut the f*ck up your mount!
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
I noticed that when playing a regular console game i use the Joytick with the left hand but on Moojin i must use the Right hand or i cant play...

Does that counts?

Offline usguy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 12, 2023, 09:48:49 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »
unfortunately it did, I think Mugen surpass all the 2d fighting games that been played in the past as Street fighter series and King of Fighters as well, i think Mugen took those games to an infinite dimension , i'm definitely won't go back and play those fighting games again, mostly i tend to watch the play through on youtube... and the best part of mugen is that you play 2d fighting at its best especially if you're a great spriter and coder....if you know what i mean....  honestly i never liked playing 3d fighting games <_<|...|

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »
hmmm good question. well for me its just all weird sometimes. lol. When i played with mugen versions i find myself wanting to have some of the craziness in those same characters in the mugen versions that the  original versions that just dont have. Thats the better part of mugen experience is that stuff is added and changed to enhance the gameplay of those characters. Like when i went and played cvs 2 with ryu i was total beasting with him because i use Mr. Infinites Ryu all the time. even tho i couldnt pull off the bomb dang move combos like the mugen version i sorta breezed through the game much easier.  The boss fights are a bit easier as well.  lol. I have to ramp the difficulty up to the highest .

3D games wise are at the moment not there ( well EF-12 will up a notch on that in some time. lol ) but i love 3D fighters cause they offer much more my taste in stuff like VF series and Doa series.  Mugen hasnt affected me at all in those games. Just in the  older 2D arena. Stuff like Blazblue and up as well havent changed from mugen wise for me either. I like those just the way they are. :thumbsup:

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:32:11 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
Gameplaywise I agree, capcom made their bosses with dirty AI
even Namco too
case in point Cervantes in souls edge, that took me forever to beat him, as a 10 year old, it can be extremely frustrating
magneto in Xmen COTA way too dirty,

for me mugen is a great way to alter the playing field (literally) I must admit I don't play the games as much as I used to, but I do enjoy mugen a lot more purely coz of the editable functionality of it, if they made xmen vs street fighter or marvel vs capcom2 (in 2D) with the functions to edit as the soul calibre series did, I would be over the moon, but alas no, so that's where mugen wins everytime

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »
I'd like to think mugen changed my life for the better.

With mugen, I learned to adjust to multiple play styles with affected how I played street fighter and mortal kombat (Zangief, blanka, and shang tsung come to mind). I also used mugen and sfa2 to learn the raging demon.

It finally taught me that some characters have unorthodox move sets and special attacks which helped me in some games as sf3 third strike when play such characters as twelve and and urien.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 02, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 06:02:11 PM »
If anthing Mugen has motivated me to further look at other fighters beyond Capcom and SNK. I think I've played a lot of other fighters just because I knew about them through Mugen.

It also thought me how to deal ith BS better and basic fundamentals.

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
I get better and better but i still fail!
God bless America!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal