collapse

Author Topic: Batman/Superman Movie  (Read 5358 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Re: Batman/Superman Movie
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
True but to be fair, seems like Marvel wh*red out Deadpool just as much most of the time. People still loved him and I gotta say I love seeing Batman around a lot.

when marvel started shoving deadpool everywhere (starting around 2008) he started to suck. but this is mostly because writers that didn't know anything about the character started writing him. (like Daniel Way.) Batman doesn't have this problem most of the time.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
If DC shoves batman everywhere forget dead pool let's talk about peter parker. He's been a member of xmen,avengers,fantastic four, ironman sidekick and a bunch of other teams not to mention many cartoon shows since the beggining of comic cartoons. About to be 4 movies. Let's not get on the bat while the spider is also in everything.

CENTER]

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
If DC shoves batman everywhere forget dead pool let's talk about peter parker. He's been a member of xmen,avengers,fantastic four, ironman sidekick and a bunch of other teams not to mention many cartoon shows since the beggining of comic cartoons. About to be 4 movies. Let's not get on the bat while the spider is also in everything.

It's not even about that Trex.

Is Spider-Man always the one who saves the day or solves the problem, no. Batman is. Don't believe me, hop on Netflix and go back with the DCAU Justice League cartoon. The League would fail almost every episode without him.

Batman is a dude with no ACTUAL powers, and yet somehow he can beat everybody in the known DC universe. Spider-Man does not have such luxury.

It's about DC being a Batman one-trick-pony. Marvel doesn't need to rely solely on Spider-Man to sell their franchise. DC NEEDS Batman or they can't do squat, and THAT is what's getting old to me.

Again, not saying that I hate Batman, I'm quite the fan of Batman, but he has limits that no one wants to recognize anymore. They have him bench-pressing 1000 pounds now. REALLY?! A non-meta/non-mutant person benching that is impossible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:08:39 PM by HyperSonic92 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
That is true. It's sad that DC isn't able to find good creative teams to bring their other characters to life... One good thing about this is there's a good chance that they won't tell Batman's origin story again so soon! That's a big plus in my book. I don't mind seeing Batman again so soon, just as long as Superman get's his share of the spotlight. It's HIS movie too after all.

I think WB and DC want to do other characters, but I don't blame them for being hesitant, seeing how poorly their Green Lantern movie did.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
It's not even about that Trex.

Is Spider-Man always the one who saves the day or solves the problem, no. Batman is. Don't believe me, hop on Netflix and go back with the DCAU Justice League cartoon. The League would fail almost every episode with him.

Batman is a dude with no ACTUAL powers, and yet somehow he can beat everybody in the known DC universe. Spider-Man does not have such luxury.

It's about DC being a Batman one-trick-pony. Marvel doesn't need to rely solely on Spider-Man to sell their franchise. DC NEEDS Batman or they can't do squat, and THAT is what's getting old to me.

Again, not saying that I hate Batman, I'm quite the fan of Batman, but he has limits that no one wants to recognize anymore. They have him bench-pressing 1000 pounds now. REALLY?! A non-meta/non-mutant person benching that is impossible.
EXACTLY  ^^(PM)^

I think the only episode they managed to pull their own hides out of the fire without Bruce's guiding hand was in the second Amazo episode (forgot the name) where they're trying to protect Lex from Amazo's wrath.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »
 yep hypersonic, i love that episode. why? Amazo came back and blew threw everyone in the DC ( well the JLU and their armada of ..anyone from anywhere helping) and it was The Atom and Lex that kinda saved the day but moreso Lex talking to him. There was pretty much nowhere for them to hide that amazo couldnt follow. lol

I agree too Glux.  i am not his biggest fan but i rally for him sometimes. A lot of time i see him taking people that would just tear him to shreds but he ALWAYS has a way to beat even the most strongest and powerful of people in DC...and he a human. i give him respect for the skills but its gotten far past ridiculous .....benching a 1000 pounds....yeah right.  there are  strength athletes that are built much to the degree to TRY and get that kinda weight up and he isnt even in the physical shape to do it muscle wise. Then again... depends on how buff they wanna draw him . lol. but to do it at ease, not got some super strength, enhanced strength ... then nada.
Maybe its the suit...its either some magical /nanotech spandex or the new good strength enduced armor.  lol  :-??

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
I think what you have to consider is what sells. Which is what's more recognizable. Marvel has great marketability thanks to Stan lee. Even as a kid I remember hearing his voice work in cartoons and making special appearances in TV he pushed for. Lot of things that happened concerning comics ever since he came on the scene so for years we have been seeing a rather large amount and variety of marvel characters.

DC on the other hand or really jut begging to show of their roster. The only reason Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Flash are popular is because of their own individual series in one way or another. People barely know Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, or even Hawkman because of the small representation they have had.

But Batman and Superman are rather larger than life figures all by themselves. Someone once told me Marvel characters are better because they kill. Whenever someone tells me that or that Marvel is more adult. I know they have never picked up a comic. Bruce Wayne is the soul of the DC universe and is in place to show us that being human is being just as powerful as any other creature in vast universe. That humans have abilities and are able to achieve things at high levels. When I read Batman I am reading the capabilities and abilities human being could achieve and that's what I love out him. He does it make any excuse or accept any limitations. I can believe he can lift 1000 pounds why not it really not much compared to Bane or Killer Croc even has still has obstacles to overcome.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:17:41 PM by HyperSonic92 »

CENTER]

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
i hear ya Trex bro. lol. Actually when i was just a lil boy, it was not because marvel characters killed people that made them better, it was cause they delivered such an astounding fantasy too on the powers and abilities they all have that normal humans cannot have.The killing isnt what is the key point for them, but it delves into realism of what would happen if say..me, was stabbed by wolverines claws and no powers..yeah i am dead. lol.
I could never battle the Hulk, sentry, Luke Cage, Spiderman unless i have abilities that could have me hang toe with them. Power is the factor in marvel and in any comics.

Batman has no powers but can take folks triple his abilities as a human...thats what makes him so well famous. as you said, being able to do what he does as being a human makes him great , tho even if its highly impossible to do it. Tons of DC people can wipe the floor of Batman...they just always find him a way to overcome it. Overcoming Power.

Comics influence presents a dynamic of both fiction and facts. There are love interests , social issues, acceptance, racial issues ( humans vs mutants and such in marvel and humans vs powered beings in DC) and this is where Batman tho proves his side of the coin. He is a human being of martial art skills, plenty of toys to do various things and a good detective...so he is of his own but still he is just as overpowered in DC as Superman is written.

Oh and Batman has had more exposure than probably any character i have seen in over 30 years from ( other than Spiderman and superman), comics to movies and toons. I remember watching with so much anticipation when the old Batman show used to come on channel 17/29 back in the day. Robin to me made the show cause he was so funny. lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:37:07 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 05:30:33 AM »
it was not because marvel characters killed people that made them better
I cringe in pain...

Also, I think it would be better if the Batman in this movie would have been Batman at least one or two years before the time period of the second movie, or at least have been doing superheroics longer than Clark.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »
Is Spider-Man always the one who saves the day or solves the problem, no. Batman is. Don't believe me, hop on Netflix and go back with the DCAU Justice League cartoon. The League would fail almost every episode without him.

Not to say DCAU Batman isn't usually BatGod but admittedly he had a fairly limited role in Season 1 at least (re-watching them lately). It may also be that Bruce Timm has the names of Batman and Robin.

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:11 AM »
I hope the movie turns out awesome. I just read some articles on why this movie might not be a good idea, and I feel really depressed.

Postscript:
You were joking when you said Marvel characters were better, right?

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »
Articles that give lists of why a movie won't turn out well is total bull. They're just trying to keep their job by writing a pointless article using popular keywords.

The movie has only just been announced. People will say it's going to be awful every step of the way. I don't understand why people do that though. I know we all want the movie to be awesome and faithful. We all have expectations in our mind of what we want to see. But there is NO reason to be worrying at this time... Except maybe that David Goyer is writing the script.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
But there is NO reason to be worrying at this time... Except maybe that David Goyer is writing the script.
Well he's seems to do better with Batman than Superman; and knowing DC, they'll have this film focus more on Batman than Superman

So I don't see a big issue here

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
True. Thing is, David Goyer is great with story ideas, but not so good executing them in the script.
Notice how Goyer is only credited for the story of the DK and DKR, but the Nolan brothers wrote the script.
Not saying Goyer isn't able to hit it out of the park, but his track record shows us his script writing isn't as good as his creating stories.

It's only logical that we suspect that Batman will get the spotlight. And WB would be crazy not to. Their main priority is to make money and use what sells the most right now. That's why we're not seeing other DC heroes on film right now, unfortunately. :(

Again, it's still way too early to be worrying about anything with this movie. I just think it's cool they're finally giving what fans want, a live action Superman/Batman movie! I find if funny though that fans are worried about it now.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »

Postscript:
You were joking when you said Marvel characters were better, right?
  >:-(-| for bit so i can address this . lol.
Hey i swore i added a spoiler in here and text!  and it got deleted? WTF or am i going crazy from my meds? /:O

but anyway, nahh bro i aint joking about that and thats only a personal statement pertaining to myself. But there are fans of both comics ( like me) that may like Marvel  a bit more than Dc and vice versa.

on topic.,

yeah i cant say the movie will be bad. Time will tell when its released and i wont take any stupid critics thoughts on it either. I saw Man of Steel and i simply loved it! That was the Superman movie i wanted to see for a very long time. So a Batman/Superman movie BETTER be just as good.....or better! Batman and Superman should get same treatment and screen time. This turns into a Batman flick mostly or just a Superman flick with one or the other just being a guest star with a couple scenes then  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*. I want to pay to see Batman and Superman...together. I wont pay for anything less than that. \-/o
lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:43:25 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
The way I see it, I want to see Clark's story continue, be he doesn't need a solo movie to be able to do that actually. So as long as they move Clark's character forward and don't stop everything to tell a superhero team up story, then I'll be totally cool that they added Batman to the mix. :)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
The way I see it, I want to see Clark's story continue, be he doesn't need a solo movie to be able to do that actually. So as long as they move Clark's character forward and don't stop everything to tell a superhero team up story, then I'll be totally cool that they added Batman to the mix. :)
^^(PM)^ i can dig that right there. Depends tho on who is the main attraction at the start of the show. cause if both gonna get equal screen time then its gonna have to keep switching up between Clark time and Bruce time and then they have they B/S time....* just noticed what i did right there with that :D*  .. which would be cool as to how they met up but we know Batman will figure out Clark is supes and Supes just look through his outfit to see its Bruce. Unless its got layer of lead in it then nada.lol but thing is too how much of a Clark story can we get out of this movie is the thing with 2 stars?  :-?? cool idea tho bro.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:36:05 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
Again, it's still way too early to be worrying about anything with this movie. I just think it's cool they're finally giving what fans want, a live action Superman/Batman movie! I find if funny though that fans are worried about it now.
Well people are just worried cause of how highly anticipated this is. I think it was more anticipated than an Avengers movie.

There's a lot of pressure put on WB and DC for doing this

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
@Lando: True, true. And I'm sure they have that in mind already. That screen time balancing will be important. Personally, I'm not sure how much story they can do for Superman, aside from introduce Lex Luther and more alien villains. As long as his story isn't him whining about being alone and stuff. Maybe have him accepted his role as Superman, he's working hard and is happy. Lighten the mood some, so there's a stronger contrast between him and Bruce. That's where all the magic will happen. :)

@HyperSonic: Yes, hype and anticipation can be a really scary thing. They've got their work cut out for them. One really good thing though is, we have Snyder set to direct at this point. He knows what the fans want to see. Not saying it'll be the greatest, but better than a director who's not familiar with these properties at all.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 05:45:17 AM »
everyone noted how bats logo is the old 60's one right???
this could make or break it

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
If I had to guess what the setup would be like, I'd say it'd be somewhat like this:
Wayne Industries helps support the rebuilding of Metropolis much like what would happen in the real world after a terrorist attack or natural disaster. Bruce Wayne has been Batman for maybe 2-3 years, and isn't really that famous (Think "real-life superhero" Phoenix Jones). He tracks down this "Superhero" and discovers his secret identity due to Supes' semi-sloppy job compared to Bruce. He goes on a "business trip" to Metropolis and takes an interview with local news reporter Clark Kent about Wayne Enterprises work with the rebuild. He then learns all he needs to know without Clark noticing. He later tracks down Clark to the Fortress of Solitude, and confronts Supes as Batman about the damage he caused and the sloppy job of protecting the greater good. Superman is angered about these accusations of failure and that a simple man can learn all this about him. He (using his X-ray vision on his mask) discovers Batman's identity.

That's all I have so far.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »
everyone noted how bats logo is the old 60's one right???
this could make or break it
I think that's just a coincidence.

Though if they DO bring in Adam West to reprise his role as Batman, then WB already has my money  :Terry

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:00 AM »
Um, Adam West is 84... Batman flips off buildings, does kung-fu, and beats thugs to a pulp with his bare fists.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
Um, Adam West is 84... Batman flips off buildings, does kung-fu, and beats thugs to a pulp with his bare fists.
I guess obvious joke was not so obvious

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »

Adam West will definitely make a cameo but.

:O*D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar