collapse

Author Topic: Batman/Superman Movie  (Read 5359 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Batman/Superman Movie
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »
That's cause it's not important enough to meet Yahoo's front page demands.

It has a complete lack of celebrity humiliation and cute animal moments

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »
Maybe it's a good idea to choose Ben Affleck over other "relatively unknown" people because of Daredevil. Unlike other choices, Ben Affleck has already played a superhero, and now knows what to do and what not to do (if he learned from his mistakes, if he had any). He might make a mistake because he doesn't know what he should/ shouldn't do, because he has never played a superhero before.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »
Bat@sslick hahaha , gotta love the DC movie producers
they are better off making more superman movies before they mave this vs dive

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2013, 12:42:07 PM »
Bryan Cranston as a possible Lex Luthor is the only good thing I'm really seeing out of World's Finest so far..

Maybe it's a good idea to choose Ben Affleck over other "relatively unknown" people because of Daredevil. Unlike other choices, Ben Affleck has already played a superhero, and now knows what to do and what not to do (if he learned from his mistakes, if he had any). He might make a mistake because he doesn't know what he should/ shouldn't do, because he has never played a superhero before.
That's like saying everyone should get a free pass the first time they play a super hero/villain. Doesn't work that way. Might as well give every actor a pass the first time they play any character, no.? He was horrible as Daredevil, end of story. I do hope he's learned something from that experience and does much better here. I do have little faith in him, though.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
I read some comments on that Lex Luthor article. People are saying it's fake, and I haven't seen it on Yahoo yet. (Don't make fun of me because I use Yahoo. Almost all of the news I get is from there, including movies and video games)

That's what I put "reportedly" because it's not clear if he has the part or is in the running for it but i will say if he's only in the running for the part the other actors better be great.

Never looked at it from that perspective but even in the sense I wouldn't want Clooney back as Bat's(Kilmer's Bat's was passable). I'll admit my initial reaction was one of utter disgust but now I'm more of the store owner giving a known thief a second chance hoping he won't let me down.

PLEASE don't let us down Ben we need this movie to do beyond good.

my new one

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2013, 04:22:57 AM »
Fanmade trailer

Not bad

my new one

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:59 AM »
Daredevil was not his fault, He play Matt Murdock perfect, He played Daredevil Ok. Bullseye was eh, and Jennifer Garner was horrid, MCD did great as Kingpin. The script and costume designs were what made the movie suck although lets face it the top 3 worst movies were Catwoman, Elektra, and Batman & Robin. Daredevil was not the worst movie ever. People judging Batfleck should watch his movies like The Town and Argo....Every actor makes crappy movies. Also those people who ride Bale's train actually like his throat cancer voice?
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »
Lando's 2 cents...if its worth every penny. lol

Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne will be very good. he looks the part, has shown he is a good actor even moreso with this movie if given a good script and has a lot more years since daredevil movie to get comic craft transition to real life version on the screen. Being an iconic or even a comic well known character isnt that easy for everyone to portray. Hell i didnt like Val or Clooney as Bruce Wayne or Batman.  Keaton and Bale done the best jobs of them. I still think Bale off raspy wack Batman voice is the silliest tho.  He may sounded weird but he was the better fighter batman. Keaton Bruce Wayne/Batman was and will be forever an iconic version.

Affleck i  seriously think ( and hope)  will play a great Bruce Wayne..point blank... thing is will he sell as Batman persona.  i say give the guy a good chance. Might even surprise everyone who doubt him. Anyone can look like Batman in the costume but can they become Batman is the thing. I wouldnt change up the new Superman .. i like him as Superman/Clark Kent/. He fits.

i will def check this movie out and see what else comes with some trailers in time. Ya better do good Affleck!

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
I forgot to say that I think Matt Damon was actually supposed to play Robin in Batman Forever.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
Come on guys, give Affleck a chance. We gave Heath Ledger a chance and look what he did with the Joker.
Let's face it, no matter who gets cast as Batman, the fan boys are going to rant and find something wrong with the guy. Let's just wait and see how WB plans to take this new (and ultimately different) DC universe. The script hasn't even been finished yet. It's ok to have doubts, but let's not say the movie's doomed before it's even filmed. Reserve judgement till the trailers start showing up.

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 05, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
I think fans can rant and rave all they want considering they are the ones buying the movie tickets.  It was a terrible business decision to have Bennifer play Batman.  People don't want the George Clooney goofy dark knight, plus Ben already starred as Daredevil and his performance was less than stellar. [-X  Its like when some fans knew that Ryan Reynolds wasn't serious enough to play Hal Jordan.  Give Van Wilder a ring and you get a disappointing Green Lantern movie. Same thing here.  I know I loss all excitement for this movie and its very doubtful I will go see it.

They would have been better off getting a no name like the Man of Steel actor was.

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »
You know, everyone saying they WON'T go, are the same people who are gonna be there the day it come out. Besides, I said this before, Ben Affleck HAS EXPERIENCE. Sure Daredevil wasn't really positively received, but Affleck should know the Do's and Don'ts of being a superhero. If we get a no-name, then he's most likely to screw up due to lack of experience. And also, Ben looks the part anyway. And also, Ben Affleck directing the DC movies could be pretty good for Warner Bros. or whoever is doing them anyway.

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »
Again Ryan Reynolds had experience playing Deadpool still his performance was lame and obnoxious as Green Lantern.  Its not about having experience its about having the right actor in the right role. And a no name actor can have experience just not be well known yet.  But you go ahead and get all the Batfleck you want.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2013, 01:05:24 AM »
Ryan was meant to be the Flash and Deadpool. Those two roles would fit him perfectly. Given, he already played Deadpool and they proceeded to ruin the Deadpool character (through no fault of Ryan's, of course). He was really great as Wade, before the transformation, though.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
I think fans can rant and rave all they want considering they are the ones buying the movie tickets. It was a terrible business decision to have Bennifer play Batman.  People don't want the George Clooney goofy dark knight

I have to disagree.

First, believe it or not, the fans only make up around 3% of those that will see the movie in theaters. So we really don't have any leverage on how WB and DC should make their movies.

Second, having Affleck as Batman is a smart, strategic move for WB. Everyone at where I work was talking about Affleck as Batman the day after the announcement. No such chatter when Henry Cavill was cast as Superman. Thankfully, WB had a good marketing campaign for Man of Steel. Adding Affleck's name to it will help sell the movie to the general audience.

Third, there is no way WB is going to go back to the campy Batman, especially with Zack Snyder directing. His movies have always had a darker tone. Affleck is in no way a sign that Batman will be goofy.

Whether or not Affleck was the "best" choice, I'll trust the movie professionals every time.

EDIT: Side note - I don't think Ryan Reynolds was the problem with the GL movie. It was everything else. lol (script, directing, etc.) Not saying Reynolds was "best" choice. Just saying, he could have done a lot better had he been given better stuff to work with.

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
I have to disagree.

First, believe it or not, the fans only make up around 3% of those that will see the movie in theaters. So we really don't have any leverage on how WB and DC should make their movies.

You are confusing fans with fanboys, I wasn't just including hardcore fans.  Basically I was talking about fans in general as consumers of a product, consumers can always spend their money how they want too. Again fans in general or consumers are the ones who pay for the films, so without them no film that's pretty simple.  Personally I have send enough bad or disappointing movies not to rush and see another lackluster summer blockbuster.

Second, having Affleck as Batman is a smart, strategic move for WB. Everyone at where I work was talking about Affleck as Batman the day after the announcement. No such chatter when Henry Cavill was cast as Superman. Thankfully, WB had a good marketing campaign for Man of Steel. Adding Affleck's name to it will help sell the movie to the general audience.

Not all press is good press.  Where I'm from adding Bennifer's name downgraded the movie.  I really don't think the general audience holds his acting skills as a serious realistic superhero in the same high regard as you do but only time will tell about that.  Most of the movies that bomb have high price well known actors and actresses in them, but they put more emphasis on the fame of the actors instead of on a decent script and plot.

Third, there is no way WB is going to go back to the campy Batman, especially with Zack Snyder directing. His movies have always had a darker tone. Affleck is in no way a sign that Batman will be goofy.

Whether or not Affleck was the "best" choice, I'll trust the movie professionals every time.

We just have totally different opinions about that. The "movie professionals" also had George Clooney Batman, Arnold Mr. Freeze, Halle Berry Catwoman,  Seth Rogen as Green Hornet and so on. I think a lot of evidence is out there that the "movie professionals" get it wrong more times than they should.

EDIT: Side note - I don't think Ryan Reynolds was the problem with the GL movie. It was everything else. lol (script, directing, etc.) Not saying Reynolds was "best" choice. Just saying, he could have done a lot better had he been given better stuff to work with.

I agree with that and my point is why go that route to begin with. There are other famous actors out there without going with someone with negative baggage from a similar type of character role.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:00:09 PM by metamutant »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar