collapse

Author Topic: Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*  (Read 6691 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Universal Rankings *PLEASE VOTE!*
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
 :D
then Batman is only on the list due to popularity not because he is powerful. having a kryptonite ring may work against superman...but what does he have for like..the hulk, sentry, goku ( who should always be on this list BTW lol)  and others who dont have such a weakness he would just happen to have handy on him in a one on one fight?

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2013, 12:32:29 AM »
I voted Batman as a joke, I really can't take these discussions seriously.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2013, 12:35:16 AM »
To be honest I think Superjoker had a good idea here but just didn't know enough about the characters when he made the list and the rules. To most of the people who seen the original list would think it would be a good match up because the more mainstream versions don't seem all that strong but then us Super nerds came in and started stating how OP so of the characters were so the rules changed and changed and changed again.

my new one

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 01:01:01 AM »
To be honest I think Superjoker had a good idea here but just didn't know enough about the characters when he made the list and the rules. To most of the people who seen the original list would think it would be a good match up because the more mainstream versions don't seem all that strong but then us Super nerds came in and started stating how OP so of the characters were so the rules changed and changed and changed again.

This is always how it starts. But then someone doesn't want their fav character to lose, so they pull out alt versions, special weapons, ect.
But to be fair the list has to be a standard version.
Hulk on a normal day
Batman on a normal day? night
and so on and so forth.
The list works, as long as they are fair. Hulk smashing Magneto, while Magneto has a barrier up looks fair. Or Polaris hurling objects at Batman and he using his acrobatics to get around and dodge works. It's when someone pulls some crap like batman has superman on the floor with a ring of kryptonite that he somehow had. Yes he could always have had it, but he may not have had it that day.

Then again I may just ditch this and go doodle these fights out. seems more fun that way
 ;*))
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:26 AM »
Blame Acey! he brought up about Galactus, the Celestials and etc...threw the first "oh and what about these guys huh?"  * prepares to duck and dodge and seek cover cause i know Acey gonna throw stuff at me!  @^@ lol )

:D yeah the idea was tho already broad from the start as we got to name folks. if the roster was to just be the one from first made then well..it still would been a debate cause of the rules at that time too. lol .

i still think Blue Marvel should have made that first list cause he is on par with sentry . \-/o  :-j

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2013, 07:55:05 AM
  • Freedom.
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 04:53:49 AM »
To this day, I'm still waiting for people to tell me how Hulk is planning on defeating someone like MMH.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual,
the inspiration,
that made lady sing the blues

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
To this day, I'm still waiting for people to tell me how Hulk is planning on defeating someone like MMH.

i stopped posting on why Hulk is the strongest, because i already proved my point.
everyone can say why this person can beat that person and so forth and what not.
and it doesn't matter how much you post, everyone has there Favorite and nothing is going to change there mind on why they are the strongest...

I see a lot of hate here for the Hulk, doesn't bother me much... been dealing with it my whole life, being a hulk fan and all.

Hulk is the strongest is MU, and i proved that with the comic Future Imperfect.
and that is not a different version of the hulk or god hulk or hulk prime or master hulk or divine hulk or blah blah blah blah blah.
he is just Hulk he just changed his name as he got older... he even says that in the comic.

but i digress..... like i said someone will come back and post about how Sentry can go skipping on the sun or something to prove he is the strongest...

so i leave with this... if you love your comic book character and you know for your own personal peace of mind that he is the strongest, then that's all that matters.

PS. HULK SMASH!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »
i stopped posting on why Hulk is the strongest, because i already proved my point.
everyone can say why this person can beat that person and so forth and what not.
and it doesn't matter how much you post, everyone has there Favorite and nothing is going to change there mind on why they are the strongest...

What you've done is shown everyone Hulk at is best but that is not proof as to why Hulk can beat anyone, even the scan you shown as to why the hulk beats everyone is not put in context because what actually happens is a  nuclear war(which can be seen to the right) killed all those people, Rick Jones collected all that memorabilia and was hiding it from Maestro Hulk. The Hulk seen in the scan is not the Hulk looking over his Trophy's but a Hulk from the past seeing the carnage caused by these Nuclear wars. Maestro Hulk did not kill those people

Hulk didn't become Maestro until after that war when the world had been devastated by it and he began to absorb the radiation left over from it which they theorized why he went crazy because of how strong it made him
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:18:51 PM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
Well guys, just wanna say thanks for your help and valuable input!

The list was bound to change, I do not know it all nor have I read every comic book, which is obviously law (movies and shows count but they are based of comics anyways)

Immortals shouldn't fight mortals that's just stupid.

Anyone with kryptonite could be #1, imagine kryptonite laced adamantium! or a Kryptonite powered Iron Mark, or if Hulk was green due to Kryptonite exposure!!!

Oh but then Supes could get a lead armour suit, but then Magneto would pawn!!!! And MMH seems very powerful, if he gets a quick enough chance or if he isn't fighting anyone with FIRE.

No doubt Bats is the most popular.

The beauty of MUGEN is that we can watch/play all these fantasy matches (and more).

Everyone has their favourite, but everyone should recognise, Supes was the first, the grandaddy, the one that started this gangsta poop and this is the m***F*** thanks he gets?!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
lol i get ya superjoker.

but actually.. not anyone with kryptonite will be #1...just over who is affected by it like Superman ....but that wouldnt stop hulk or any of the others cause they are not severly weakened or have a weakness of it.  so basically whoever has it would own superman and not Hulk, sentry and hundred others. lol . they wouldnt be number #1.

:)

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
I blame it on writers. The characters all depend on who is writing them. Martian Manhunter can either lift mountains with ease or just a car if he tries his hardest. Supes is either as fast Barry Allen or nothing in comparison. Plus reboots and elseworlds stories always change stuff. Also, don't get me started on retcons. I say, go with "Earth Prime" or main continuity, according to the exact moment you give your opinion. Following New 52 and the current state of the Marvel Universe.

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Freedom.
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 11:43:59 PM »
See, I get what everyone is saying.

But there is still no damn way Hulk is taking MMH. Yes "Anyone with fire can take MMH". You still have to hit him first.

What the hell is Hulk going to do against most of these people? Fanboyism doesn't dictate who is strongist. You can love a character all you want, but still. 

Like I said, Human Torch wouldn't even beat MMH. MMH would be in his weak mind by that time. Hell, if he could get into the Joker's mind and ease him, he can get into Human Torch to tell him to turn the flame off with ease.
I am the visual,
the inspiration,

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
I aint much a fanboy of anything in comics but i am very cool versed in  a bunch of the characters. and some of their rich history but not all. lol.

Now Hulk...you have to have him up on this list in a top tier spot. His strength which is his premier power, that alone sets him on a bar above a lot of people and on par with some of the best. So to be truthful and honest is to say that MMH can fight against Sentry, but Sentry had trouble even trying to beat the hulk whom in turn beat some of ther most powerful guys on earth in marvel...even some gods. So wether people dont like him or not, give him his credit cause it is due.

MMH and Sentry both have been incosistant in comics..wether powers and what they can do..especially MMH. He gained abilities and as well loss them or never had some and they wrote em in. His strength level is almost as close to superman..now but he cant seriously beat Superman. He has a nice amount of other powers too...but he can't take on professor X in mind power. he is a good telepath but no where near professor X level.  Meaning Prof.X could stop him, flat before he even moved.

If you want to throw in powerful guys who do have magic powered forms...Then no one in Justice League  ( or even DC period)could take Chaos Magic  Solomon Grundy. But...just like saying batman use a kryptonite ring to take on superman then same could be said with Hawkgirl  mace..cause that was the only thing that could stop him. Nothing else could...not none of any other magic beings or even Amazo who literally blew thru all of DC JLU and an armada like they were made of paper when he returned.

so there are lots to consider when trying to pit certain characters up against each other along side what each character can really do and who has advantages over another.

So if we using just the list then Superman, Hulk and Sentry ( and i still say yall forgetting Blue Marvel \-/o  cause he is equally powerful as Sentry)would all be #1 with MMH being Number 2 .
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:37:15 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
One problem is the "Rock-Paper-Scissors Paradox".

Rock is strong enough to smash the scissors, but can't beat paper because paper covers rock, while paper is cut apart by the scissors. This leaves no party as "The Best".

Hulk is strong enough to beat Batman, but can't beat Superman because he has a wider array of powers, while Superman is bested by Batman because Batman knows Superman's techniques and weaknesses and carries a ring of Kryptonite. This leaves no Party as "The Best".
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:45:11 PM by C.R.O.M. Zaxis »

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Freedom.
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »
Yeah, this thread had potentinal. Till it turned into ABC logic, and pure fanboyism on certain characters.

Good game, everyone. I mean, forget the fact that MMH has been proven to beat Hulk and Superman in numerous battles.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/martian-manhunter-vs-hulk-403096/
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/martian-manhunter-vs-hulk-normal-10059/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/martian-manhunter-and-thor-vs-hulk-and-superman-666479/ [This one saying MMH even solos it.]
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/martian-manhunter-vs-superman-3101/

And MMH is hardly inconsistent. Infact, most of the time in the comics when he is battling, he is shown as a true powerful character. Unless you're trying to bring up the animated versions. 

And this isn't purefanboyism for him. It's just saying, there's ton of more well deserving characters to be put above this list rather than Sentry, who is TRULY inconistent going by comics, Superman, and Hulk.

Superman and Hulk probably being the most two overhyped/ fanboy argument based characters of all time in comics.

But whatever, what's to be expected?
I am the visual,
the inspiration,

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »
 :D all those links to battle thoughts are no different then the talks we ase doing but just in a different way. Those too can be considered fanboyism as well because those are just discussions . lol

There are far more powerful beings in Marvel and in DC that we arent even able to toss in cause of rules which is why this is the same as anywhere with these exact same characters thrown in.

Amazo alone kicked all of the JL without a scratch and no one could seriously even take Chaos Grundy ( but Hawkgirl with her special Mace...just like batman could beat superman with kryptonite and beat MMH with fire...he always finds a way to beat people in DC universe lol) .. but see those are god like ( Amazo) and magically fulled ( Chaos Grundy) so those cant be put in but they have shown what they could do too.

MMH is not to be slept on and i totally agree with that, has an array of powers at his disposal but none of those powers can rightfully say if a true battle was to happen that it would go down like that with MMh owning everybody. totally underestimating Superman, Hulk and other even more powerful people in both universes. He is a beast but he aint unbeatable and i am sure there are plenty of people in both universes that could go at it with him including superman himself. Too bad we not adding in villians cause then it be a whole nother story too with all these guys.

and he is a post link to about MMH.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-345844-who-can-beat-the-martian-manhunter.html
 >:D people def threw out some names and some i doubt can match MMH . A few names i had to laugh at tho. lol

Offline SideburnGuru

• Initiate
  • Freedom.
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »
:D all those links to battle thoughts are no different then the talks we ase doing but just in a different way. Those too can be considered fanboyism as well because those are just discussions . lol

There are far more powerful beings in Marvel and in DC that we arent even able to toss in cause of rules which is why this is the same as anywhere with these exact same characters thrown in.

Amazo alone kicked all of the JL without a scratch and no one could seriously even take Chaos Grundy ( but Hawkgirl with her special Mace...just like batman could beat superman with kryptonite and beat MMH with fire...he always finds a way to beat people in DC universe lol) .. but see those are god like ( Amazo) and magically fulled ( Chaos Grundy) so those cant be put in but they have shown what they could do too.

MMH is not to be slept on and i totally agree with that, has an array of powers at his disposal but none of those powers can rightfully say if a true battle was to happen that it would go down like that with MMh owning everybody. totally underestimating Superman, Hulk and other even more powerful people in both universes. He is a beast but he aint unbeatable and i am sure there are plenty of people in both universes that could go at it with him including superman himself. Too bad we not adding in villians cause then it be a whole nother story too with all these guys.

and he is a post link to about MMH.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-345844-who-can-beat-the-martian-manhunter.html
 >:D people def threw out some names and some i doubt can match MMH . A few names i had to laugh at tho. lol

..  <_<|...| Half of those battles aren't really fanboyism. Most of them had some full length discussions on how it would go.

Rightfully so, Hulk in no place would beat someone like MMH. That's my point. It's hardly fanboyism, and let's not use ABC Logic, or any excuse to try to back Hulk up in this battle. On a good day, I could see Superman taking down MMH. On a good day, I can see Hulk maybe brushing MMH. The intangibility, allowing him to just phase through Hulk's fists, and the fact he can morph into anything. Also, due to his base power being on par with Hulk. There's too many things to consider. Unless Hulk lit himself on fire, there's truly no reason to say Hulk could ever beat MMH.

There's also a bunch of Superman Vs Hulk battles, and I don't remember one where Hulk won. I'm being honest, I'm not talking cross overs, I'm talking on the same site. The idea that Hulk should beat anyone, is just ridiculous. What in the hell would stop Superman from speed blitzing Hulk and smacking him straight into the sun, which seems like a casual thing.

Same thing goes for Sentry vs Hulk. All I'm saying is, Hulk is way too overpraised. Even with people saying "WELL, LOOK WHAT HE DID IN THIS COMIC" As said, that's like always pointing at Sentry ripping Ares in half, and trying to use that logic in every battle. It's stupid, and it just does't work.
I am the visual,
the inspiration,

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar