collapse

Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread  (Read 20651 times)

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
Re: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
1 - When Storm uses Hurricane and then Hail Storm at Black Widow, sometimes, a strange sprite appear instead of the frozen sprite.

2 - Sometimes in Emma Frost's diamond form, I cannot make any move with her, also, when the time ended, only "Wins" appear without a character's name and nothing happens until I press Esc to return to the menu.

3 - In the fight against the Forces of Evil, its very difficult to fight against the enemies, because the character I play with never looks at the side which has an enemy. Also the Giant Sentinel is too easy to beat.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
Acey, remember the Red Hulk bug I told you about? Same rule apply for The Thing, Also the secret character has the X-Men Hyper BG, but he/she should have a Avengers hyper BG.

Offline superm00se

• Last Login:March 07, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
Hey, just some tiny bugs I've noticed:

1). When Red Hulk hits his Gamma Smash on another Red Hulk in mid-air (i.e. while juggled), occasionally the recieving Red Hulk gets hit into the ground. You can't see his feet, and he'll be about half a head shorter. He plays alright, and pops out after a couple of hits. I'm having trouble replicating this one, so it may be minor.

2). When Rogue copies Black Widow, there is no sound on her copied special (QCF+K)

3). Not so much a bug, but a concern. Mrs. Marvel seems a bit overpowered, specifically her sequence:

<OTG> QCB+P xx QCF+PP

It seems to hit the opponent into the air a bit much, which allows you way to many options to continue a grossly extended combo, possibly ending with another super. It seems prudent to either nerf the vertical lift (not quite sure of the technical term) QCF+PP gives the opponent, or to put a solid cap on how many times you can use her charge punch, b(charge)f+P within a single combo, as that seems to be key to the worst extended possibilities.

4). Cable is in the tutorial, yet not playable. This must obviously be a glitch.  :)

Other than this stuff, awesome game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:07:13 AM by superm00se »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 12:09:07 AM »
4). Cable is in the tutorial, yet not playable. This must obviously be a glitch.  :)
He's not suppose to be playable

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »
As Luke Cage fighting the Phoenix, when I did the super when he stomps the ground, the Phoenix's parts disappeared, similar to the Emma Frost one posted earlier, although it was when I defeated it and am not sure if it happens normally.

Offline ggyppt

• Last Login:June 22, 2014, 04:04:11 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:13 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I found that Scarlet Witch has an infinite.

it's LP- MP -  :2 :3 :6 :p

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:45 AM »
As said previous, the Phoenix Force will sometimes decide not to attack at all--though this seems to happen more often on lower difficulties, that's not the only factor here.

Also, Cyclops doesn't seem to follow the whole "Player 1 does not do the intro pose" thing, though when I went through it, my first match was Wolverine, which seemed to have a special intro (possibly) which might have affected it.

Also, Spidey only has one extra web fluid canister for the entirety of the arcade mode (though is active one refills every match, which is a good thing). I don't know if this was on purpose or not.

Oh, and I've confirmed the above infinite.

So, Nightcrawler and Gambit's power sets were purposefully left in Rogue's moveset? An Easter Egg I assume, given that Curt is her half brother (right?) and Gambit is... well, we all know what Gambit and Rogue are to each other, I would imagine.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:16:39 AM by Shotoman »

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »
So when in watch or Versus mode is it intentional for both P1 Character and P2 character to be on the same side?
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 02:19:40 AM »
disable throw at forces of evil and phoenix battle.

Offline infinitesaint

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 02:09:21 PM
  • Things aren't what they appear to be are they
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2013, 04:26:57 AM »
The only problems i had with the game was that some of the characters had either really low or no voices like Ms.Marvels voice was low i couldnt hear and Iceman has no voice at all except for 2 of his hypers at the end.

Scarlet Witch's hex box special move sometimes doesnt show the box, she also has no LP

Red Hulk seems SUPER aggressive

The sound, with me whenever i skip a win animation or speed thru the opening credits my music skips or freezes and just glitches out, if no one else has this problem then its probably my crappy computer T_T

Last thing is in survival i was Scarlet Witch with Rouge as my partner and it was 2 on 2 survival, all of a sudden as we were fighting one of our opponents flew into the air and stays there, had to esc to get out of there, happened with my partner as well i was Rogue and had Hope and she flew into the air and took the whole damn screen with her, by the time she came down i apparently died xD

that's all for now i hope these are real bugs and not just my computer acting up

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:54 AM »
Red Hulk seems SUPER aggressive
Well he is the Hulk. lol

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 05:14:10 AM »

There is a trick to fighting every set of evil forces. People just need to figure it out. Arkady's been on me to make the chars turn faster and I never did anything because I know how to play the level and I was worried about messing up special attacks that require you to hold back. Regardless, in the version that is currently available the time it takes to hold the controller in order to turn has been cut in half now. You still have to sit through your char's turning animation, but regardless, it should be a little more responsive now.

yes i know the trick, but it still can be a hinderence with the turn regardless, there aren't many Hold back charge moves for characters, to my knowledge it's really only ms marvel and beast, and those commands can be changed very eailiy, it's a sacrifice worth making, and that way you can add heaps more enemies to the stage, and only reason m.o.d.o.k +15 Aim soldiers didn't work the first time the stage was made, was the turning being too troublesome, if the the turn happened quickly, and instantly, we could take on all of that in a stage, no problems, but at the moment it becomes a lag, with no control, yes the trick helps but it takes away the control from the players decision to choose whatever they like, (all coz of that delayed turn)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
good game guys

some things

red hulk and colosalnaut have very low or muffled voices.  also maybe can add some variety to their get hit sounds/whines.

the giant sentinel fight looks wierd with him being in the foreground on the city street.  since this stage has super jump should just make him share the same ground as pl1 and or shrink down pl1 and have them battle on the same ground...like that mothership bonus stage the some bloke made a while back...you could do this for sentinel and phoenix...the bonus stage should still be around if you type it in the search engine.  Phoenix never attacks.

luke cage head sprites look a little discolored...more specifically the darkest part on his bald head is too dark and makes him look like george jefferson. lol.

cap doesn't has an intro you know the one you had in his preview

scarlet witch only has one win animation

luke cage has some mis color on his yellow palette shirt red

i think the update still didn't fix scarlet witch's standing hard punch(there is still no sound)

love cap...cap is awesome and of course i gotta love scarlet witch personal bias
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:14:49 AM by warecus »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
Yeah, first time fighting The Phoenix and it just took the hits.

Try a harder difficulty setting.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »
Quick feedback:

- All the chars bounce too much on the ground, like beach balls. And they use just one frame for this, which sounds weird.

- the getup time is too high (you can easily hit someone on the ground, thanks to the great recovery time). Since there is no escape roll, with the proper time, you can always hit the enemy on the ground.

- Scarlet Witch has a almost-infinite move. That fire tornado combos in itself, thanks to the statement above.

EDIT: Pheonix Force can be knocked out (tripped), which doesn't looks ok. You should use a armor-like code.

Offline MGMURROW

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 18, 2022, 06:04:45 PM
    • MGMURROW
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
Quick feedback:

Hulk: if you hold fwd/back + HP while jumping close to p2 he doesnt do anything(p2 is standing/crouching). i had this problem before and it might be a problem with the air throw triggers, trying to air throw but p2 is not in the air.

Wolvey: some big characters cannot hit him while standing right next to him. he is short but all characters should be able to be hit by basics. i think i was using hulks standing light punch.

hope this helps

MGMURROW

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
So when in watch or Versus mode is it intentional for both P1 Character and P2 character to be on the same side?

Not in versus mode, only in watch or training mode. This is because of teh animated stance. All of the stances should work fine except for training and watch.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
Quick feedback:

- All the chars bounce too much on the ground, like beach balls. And they use just one frame for this, which sounds weird.

- the getup time is too high (you can easily hit someone on the ground, thanks to the great recovery time). Since there is no escape roll, with the proper time, you can always hit the enemy on the ground.

- Scarlet Witch has a almost-infinite move. That fire tornado combos in itself, thanks to the statement above.

EDIT: Pheonix Force can be knocked out (tripped), which doesn't looks ok. You should use a armor-like code.

The first two are how it's supposed to be. Particularly we increased lie down time in statedef 5110. This is for game play purposes.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »
All bugs to this point have been fixed except for Sabaki's list. I need to analyse it a litle closer. I'll let all know when the next update is out.

Offline boogerboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 24, 2024, 09:33:01 AM
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
OK. Thanks for the heads up.
Game on!

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »
I've noticed that when Storm uses Typhoon on the Phoenix,it's wings and head disappear,just like Emma's Air Hard Punch.The same happens with Lightning Storm.Just wanted to tell you this.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
I've noticed that when Storm uses Typhoon on the Phoenix,it's wings and head disappear,just like Emma's Air Hard Punch.The same happens with Lightning Storm.Just wanted to tell you this.

This one will be fixed in the next update as well.

To all my programmer friends and interested parties: I'm really, really tired of those bosses who just super armor out of every type of attack and have a hitoverride that negates anything fun about the game. So I though, "this is a game about combos and special attacks, let's make the bosses (Sentinel and Phoenix) where they can actually be attacked by all the technology the player ad been developing through out the corse of arcade mode." So rather than doing the easy out with a hitoverride on everything, the bosses can actaully be hit by everything. I put together a rather devious little bit of code that can detect when the boss is in a custom gethit state, and using this var the boss reacts accordingly. The only problem was that I didn't account for the boss being put into custom states that still keep the boss within their own [5000,5199] set of animations. Had Phoenix been done sooner in the testing of the game this would have been picked up sooner. Now that I'm aware if it the problem is fixed. With this setting the bosses can be hit by all kinds of special attacks. Of course having the opponent doing a normal statedef 800 throw on the bosses was somewhat rediculous, so that option is not available, but pretty much everything else is fair game.

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
I agree Acey,there are some Bosses that get no hit at all from some Special Attacks,also it is pretty hard to turn around in the Forces of Evil stage,but i was able to get over it with Storm's Lightning Attack,since it can go in every direction.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
Turning in the bonus stage at the point is a mute issue. In the original release it was set to 7 game clicks but now it takes 3 game clicks for the engine to recognize that you're trying to turn. That is less than a 10th of a second. Actually it's half the time of a tenth of a second.

So some tips:
1) Obviously no one is having trouble with the green hydra guys. Punch = dead= easy. Don't let them box you in.
2) 3 hit combo on sentinel. Easy as pie. If they are still getting you then work on those 3 hit combos.
4) AIM soldier, you need to hit them with a crouch 3 hit combo, otherwise you're going to get your butt handed to you every time you punch them. At least they do minimal damage.
5) Work on your spacing. If the opponent has an unfair advantage then don't be there for the unfair advantage, move around, jump.
6) You can only turn backwards when there is an enemy on the screen.

What I am going to work on is some code to recognize if all your remaining enemies are on one side of you and make you face that direction automatically.

Also Novasod mentioned that when you beat sentinel you are sent back to the beginning of the stage for round 2. Right now that's just tuff cookies. I tried setting the players possition for subsequent rounds so they would remain at the far left end of the stage but it wouldn't work. I tried a solution to replace the background with an [explod] that mimics they sentinel background at the end of the stage but the explod will always cover the lifebars. Even giving it the sprpriority of negative a billion it still would not go behind the lifebars. So until some clever progammer comes up with a solution I haven't tried yet (other than making the stage a single boring street) we'll be stuck as is. That is what happens when you try to be clever with mugen, sometimes you find yourself in a corner.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:24:00 PM by Acey »

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:53 PM »
I like those ideas about the code knowing which side your facing that works,
regarding the sentinel, I know how to fix that, simply make the end of the street loop to the start, so when you reach the sentinel, the stage looks like the beginning, so when you beat him, you start at the beginning, but to the player really nothing has changed, its not like you'll be running through the whole stage again after or during the 2nd sentinel fight, problem solved :Terry

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal