collapse

Author Topic: Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS Cancelled  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS Cancelled
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:32 PM »
Not sure who was watching these shows but I kind of watch anything comic, game, of hero related. I said to here this news...

Green Lantern: The Animated Series producer Giancarlo Volpe has confirmed on Twitter that his series is in fact cancelled. Additionally, a Warner Bros. Animation rep has confirmed the cancellations to Newsarama. Meanwhile, fans have started petitions here and here to bring the shows back. Read on for our original report...

Cartoon Network has revealed its 2013-2014 lineup of programming, and perhaps not surprising -- but disappointing all the same -- is the absence of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series on the list of returning shows. Yes, it seems as though the net's DC Nation block of programming will be retooled later this year, dropping those two fan-fave shows in favor of the new Beware The Batman and Teen Titans GO! Such is the life of a superhero…

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:39:59 PM »
I'm not the kind of person to prematurely judge shows so I'll give Beware and TT GO a little leeway.

Still sucks to hear that those shows are canceled though

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
Man the last episode of GL was a tear jerker, and they were just getting the show up and going really. I'm mad they're taking these shows off the air. Young Justice had some problems with plot holes but it was still a good show. Young Justice really had high quality animation. Another season and we could have had the Sinestro Corps appear on GL....

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
But alas, CN really wanted more Annoying Orange as oppose to good ol comic based shows.

... seriously why an Annoying Orange show? Isn't that what his YouTube account is for?

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
But alas, CN really wanted more Annoying Orange as oppose to good ol comic based shows.

... seriously why an Annoying Orange show? Isn't that what his YouTube account is for?

Because it gives Danebo and Tobuscus more money  :-??

Offline Mr.Wingfeather

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 14, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
sad sad sad, both were good shows specially young justice for me it was a good show specially the fact that it has a lot of the dc universe legends, kinda makes me angry that the writters dont make full shows like the 90s  (full shows for me are 5 or 4 seasons at least lol ) but  :-?? :-?? :-?? what can someone do right?

Offline Lanier1996

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 13, 2018, 06:37:02 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:56:24 PM »
To tell u the truth I didnt like young justice because the plot didnt make sense and seem kinda boring.

Offline CosmicToxin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 14, 2015, 02:46:04 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »
 Objection! why dont they get rid of the dumb shows like ninjago and annoying orange? OK, maybe not ninjago but def that fruity show. >:P if cartoon network had any common sense left they would just keep all DC shows old and new >:(

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »
They need to bring back Thundercats for another season.   [-O<

Offline Toxin97

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 08, 2024, 10:34:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
Under the pa
Not sure who was watching these shows but I kind of watch anything comic, game, of hero related. I said to here this news...

Green Lantern: The Animated Series producer Giancarlo Volpe has confirmed on Twitter that his series is in fact cancelled. Additionally, a Warner Bros. Animation rep has confirmed the cancellations to Newsarama. Meanwhile, fans have started petitions here and here to bring the shows back. Read on for our original report...

Cartoon Network has revealed its 2013-2014 lineup of programming, and perhaps not surprising -- but disappointing all the same -- is the absence of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series on the list of returning shows. Yes, it seems as though the net's DC Nation block of programming will be retooled later this year, dropping those two fan-fave shows in favor of the new Beware The Batman and Teen Titans GO! Such is the life of a superhero…

Under that quote you found is this

The writing has been on the wall for Young Justice and Green Lantern for some time now, and while this isn't an official confirmation of their cancellation, it would seem that it is a case of "no news is bad news."

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
This is definately dissapointing news, I like both shows. I can see why they have problems though. It seemed neither show knew where to properly begin! If you are watching GL now, I think they are trying to do now what should have been done in the first season, expanding the light spectrum! The first season was alright but, the red lanterns should never have been introduced before a GL Sinestro! They should have started with that and expand the lantern spectrum from there. Whatever, I have my opinions you have yours I could write about this until there was nothing left to say, shows come and go this is just disapointing because I actually was kind of looking forward to GL, YJ was under the radar a little for me and hasn't appealed the same way still a solid show.

I am definately not looking forward to TT Go! and if you have heard of the villains they have planned for the new Batman you'ld understand my lack of interest!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
if you have heard of the villains they have planned for the new Batman you'ld understand my lack of interest!
I actually like that they're giving more obscure villains the spotlight. A man can only take so much of the same old Batman villains

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 06:46:15 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
They need to bring back Thundercats for another season.   [-O<
that would be a good idea but its gonna be on toonami if thundercats season 2 comes

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
that would be a good idea but its gonna be on toonami if thundercats season 2 comes
So?  :-??

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »
This is just like the green lantern movie!
God bless America!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
Objection! why dont they get rid of the dumb shows like annoying orange?

sorry i did an edit on the quote lol,  but definitely this! who da hell watches that show anyway? its not even funny...at all. oh wait, it is called "Annoying" Orange ...but its still stupid. very stupid. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »
Objection! why dont they get rid of the dumb shows like ninjago and annoying orange? OK, maybe not ninjago but def that fruity show. >:P if cartoon network had any common sense left they would just keep all DC shows old and new >:(

Simple answer: Money. Annoying Orange is very cheap make comparatively and I imagine the same for Ninjago (no clue what it is). Think about it: Orange is spawned from a cheap Youtube video. They probably pay more for the people to be in charge of the show than its actual cost of production.

Compare that to YJ, which requires formal animators to be payed, several  good VA's to be paid, and all the rest of the costs including licensing. Compared to its success, it isn't seen as 'worth it' anymore, unless YJ brought in insane amounts of viewers.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
Simple answer: Money. Annoying Orange is very cheap make comparatively and I imagine the same for Ninjago (no clue what it is). Think about it: Orange is spawned from a cheap Youtube video. They probably pay more for the people to be in charge of the show than its actual cost of production.

Ninjago is a 3d lego show, it isn't bad TBH but its lego so you cant expect to much.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »
Ninjago is a 3d lego show, it isn't bad TBH but its lego so you cant expect to much.

Again, that sounds a lot cheaper than a pro animation team and a whole cast of writers and voice actors.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
Again, that sounds a lot cheaper than a pro animation team and a whole cast of writers and voice actors.

But it DOES have a cast of writers, voice actors and a pro animation team. Ive even spoken to one of the writers.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »
Again, though, I would guess that they are probably less expensive to hire out. Plus there is the whole promotion that it is built around Lego sets (although I bet there are YJ toys, too, but doubt they sell as well)

Plus the big issue is the timing of the show. Saturday Mornings aren't too good for getting kids to watch shows (as a kid I always tried to wake up for Static Shock, though), thats why most big shows that succeeded on CN over the years were 6:30PM-9:00PM timeslots.

Also when did you get a chance to do that?

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 10:57:54 PM »
Again, though, I would guess that they are probably less expensive to hire out. Plus there is the whole promotion that it is built around Lego sets (although I bet there are YJ toys, too, but doubt they sell as well)

Plus the big issue is the timing of the show. Saturday Mornings aren't too good for getting kids to watch shows (as a kid I always tried to wake up for Static Shock, though), thats why most big shows that succeeded on CN over the years were 6:30PM-9:00PM timeslots.

Also when did you get a chance to do that?

I will agree lego will outsell most things.

I have mixed feelings about saturday morning stuff, I mean I used to do it and if it really hurt a show then the pokemon and yu-gi-oh shows wouldnt be as popular with the kids as they are.But on the other hand, I did find myself missing alot more of pokemon then I did bragon ball Z, so I understand the argument.

We spoke on a bionicle forum, which btw is a much better series then ninjago.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista