collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom Origins - (MSH+ MvC)  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 06:52:00 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Now that ya'll mention, I aint down to get this no moe...

yet I cant help the feeling that even though people say that they are NTO gonna buy it...they still buy it...wtfman?
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
Umm....MvC2 In A Half Much?

In other words this looks like a nock off of MvC2 and o yea btw yall is wild if yall think MvC2 is unbalanced its probably the best cross over game that ever hit PS2
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Just cause it's fun to play doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly unbalanced

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
Just cause it's fun to play doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly unbalanced

Well everybody has there own opinion i guess all im sayin is i loved it i loved all the cross over games cuz since i was a kid i always wanted game developers to come out with crossover games and long and behold there is plenty lol some suck more then others but ehh lol
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:02:38 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Now that ya'll mention, I aint down to get this no moe...

yet I cant help the feeling that even though people say that they are NTO gonna buy it...they still buy it...wtfman?

Simply because people love to B****, it makes them feel like they're part of something but when it comes down to it, they're spineless. All talk, no walk.

Still standing, F Crapcom.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline thehitmanzack

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 31, 2018, 11:25:51 AM
I'm actually looking forward to this.. yeah they're old games and don't have as many characters.. but I would probably have more fun playing these online than UMvC3 which is over populated by Dante, Vergil, Wesker, and Zero players... I'm good at the game but when pitted against people who use them I can't do anything... and MVC2 which I have on the Xbox is worse...

So yes.. for nostalgia and the reasons above I think this will be worth getting. I grew up on these games.. that's reason enough for me alone.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
I'm with whiplash on that. If they wanted to call it origins, it should have been XvSF, MvSF and MvC, and have CoTA and MSH as unlockables.

It should have been a Xbla Next title: 5 games, 400 achievement points, $20.

Maybe then I would have finally caved in.

I expect XCotA and XvsSF will be a different download down the line, X-Men Origins maybe? Wait, that name is already taken...

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
 >:-(-|

capcom need to stop playing around and just bring out that new Strider game. Ono hinted at that before in an magazine issue. i hope that wasnt all talk.

That mvc game there just doesnt grab my attention. I can see if a lot of visuals were redone or somethin
like in some way but it looks boring.
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
That same argument could be applied to 3rd Strike Online yet I haven't met anyone who hated it

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
I'm totally going to buy this of course. It'll be nice to have a legal version of the game with online capabilities.

Capcom... just taking my money...

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email

capcom need to stop playing around and just bring out that new Strider game. Ono hinted at that before in an magazine issue. i hope that wasnt all talk.

:o
I must have missed that. That would be awesome to have.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
:o
I must have missed that. That would be awesome to have.

yeh bro did you ever play that classic 2D/3D strider game (with his brother in it) that was for PS1? Thats pretty much what the interview came from at the time in an EGM issue. He kinda discussed that around the time SF4 talks came up and all. First thing i thought at the time was a new one looking like that Ultimate ghost n goblins on psp. But right now a crazy full 3D one would be sick right now. If cyberconnect could jump in and assist direct the high octane action im all game for that sh*t right there ;D....

back on topic..

but anyway in all due respect to the hardcore fans of the MVC series here this lil package will do them some upgraded nostalgic justice i guess...but for me ill pass and just cross my fingers for a TVSC 2 on the major consoles and get some online action rockin! :thumbsup:

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.

I thought that was cancelled?

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
I thought that was cancelled?
thats the last thing i heard on that man a hot while back so i dont know at this point :-?? lol

But if you did read somethin since then sayin it was cancelled then that sucks and crapcom are freakin retards smh....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline JagwarKnight

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 15, 2023, 11:19:57 AM
    • Email
I expect XCotA and XvsSF will be a different download down the line, X-Men Origins maybe? Wait, that name is already taken...

Gonna be  a looonngggg wait thoes two. Blame Activison holding the rights to the video game side of The X-Men Franchise and Capcom* Justified in this case*  not wanting to go threw the same hell Konami did when they released Thier X-Men Game.

Still baffling about why MSHvsSF is missing but hey, Legal version of MVC1 with online?Awesome and sign me up

Offline oglocdx10

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 17, 2016, 11:06:39 PM
    • Email
I personally do not mind having these games, I loved MSH, MvC1 was eh...MvC2 is where its at though...sure the game is unbalanced but if ya play with a couple of friends, you'll hardly notice anything "unbalanced".
Oh i have alot of fun with the versus series with friends. But the online is just ridiculous.  I guess because i haven't learned the game yet fully like everyone else but i seem to run into is God tier teams or people that just beat you bad and then message you about it (on ps3). So i think i will buy this and see how this plays online and if i don't like the online it will just be just playing with friends exclusive for me.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
So I bought this game yesterday and wow, I'm in seventh heaven. Funny thing, it's not MvC that is giving me the most fun but the retro Marvel Super Heroes. Back in 1997 my friends and I wanted to play the home version of this game so bad that we ended up buying a Japanese converter for the Sega Saturn in order to get the import version of the game.

Since the 21st century I've only seen the game on Kawaks and never played it seriously but having a go at it last night became a very fun and informative experience. This game was the first appearance of Spider-man and Captain America into the fighting game world as well as a couple of others. I mention these two primarily because as I played them last night I didn't expect much, remembering them as low tier vs series characters but what I soon realized is that these two well know heroes were made for Marvel Super Hero's style of game play and they only fell to the wayside in the intervening years of fighting games as low tier because Capcom NEVER updated their game play until Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and even then not to their fullest extent until Ultimate MvC3.

Capt and Spider-man play superbly well in this game, the web throw is actually useful, the Power Gem on Capt dramatically increases the usefulness of his shield and the Charging Start not only has the ability to plow through most projectiles as always but it also helps you to grab up those gems that were knocked away by the opponent's special attacks. It's funny to think how much love Capcom gave to SFA, CotA and MSH only to slowly let these characters die as new versus series were introduced and much more focus was given to the new characters in the roster like Gambit and Rogue (or just recycle old stuff such as MSH vs SF).

Also, I must admit, the one on one game play is reminiscent of the last decade of mugenizing we've all been doing. Having only played MvC2 and MvC3 seriously during that time I find MSH very refreshing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:39:25 PM by Acey »

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom Origins - (MSH+ MvC)
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
i've got a problem. i bought it since the 25th an played it and earn points and stuff like secret chars... but the next time i played it, all was ereased... that means that i need to unlock all the stuff everytime i play the game???

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
i been playing it as well. man i had to go back and get in my comfy zone remembering some stuff playing both. ehh i got the demo tho cause i aint to sure yet of buying it. i hate that lil dang screen they give you in the demo, hopefully it aint like that in the full version. if it is then i will pass. i dont got a big flat screen for nothing ya know. lol.  even tho i am very familiar with both games and like them both, i geared more towards MVC. ahh the nostaglia! Love it. Its funny tho when i wanted to do a compariosn.. MVC is like a very toned down version of mugen 's full octane hyperness.  :D . definetly showed me how far Mugen has come since it started till now...and then whats to come.

Ryu and wolverine are my cool squad and was good to have them back but Jin and Cap Commando....Nuff said. XD||

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
I believe the full version gives you 5 different screen to use, each with 3 different filters and the choice of scan lines on or off.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
I believe the full version gives you 5 different screen to use, each with 3 different filters and the choice of scan lines on or off.
oh ok cool. if so then i def will have to get this one this month as well. So many games came and coming out i want!  Gonna cramp my mugen style. lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal