collapse

Author Topic: Xenomic's Sprite Thread! GASP!  (Read 898 times)

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
Xenomic's Sprite Thread! GASP!
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
I know right!? Me!? SPRITE!? BWAHAHAHAHA!

But in all seriousness, I thought it was about time I tried to do something again. You can thank Ryoga for somewhat perking my interests again and to Chamat for getting me attempting this again. Though whether or not I'll actually try to do things for the Midnight Bliss & Shock Project myself is debatable. I'm still not a good spriter by any means, and I haven't sprited anything in 3-4 years.

Some of the more ancient sprites (found in my ancient thread years ago). Keep in mind that these have NOT been touched in 3-4 years, and this was back when I first attempted hi-res style (the only one I actively tried to fix up was Reimu. Komachi was the very last one and was in beta before I stopped):

Touhou Hi-Res Sprites (Guilty Gear styled):

Komachi Onozuka:

Reimu Hakurei:

Remilia Scarlet:

Sakuya Izayoi:

Youmu Konpaku:

And now for more modern time stuff!

1st sprite is the original sprite by Chamat. 2nd sprite is my fix up of that sprite (only the eye was fixed up. I moved it down some, to make it seem more natural. 3rd sprite is my starting attempt of actually DOING animations believe it or not. The only thing I'm working on right now is the skirt, using Reisen's as sort of an example (she's the only one with a short enough skirt I think that works closely enough to help me with this...). It doesn't SEEM bad, but it feels a bit....off methinks. Not because of me not touching most of the inner colors, but because of the overall look of the flowing of the skirt. It doesn't seem....right.

This character, by the way, is an original character for my RPG Maker game, Touhou Fantasy. I've been needing in-battle sprites for her for a long time now, and since Chamat made the original sprite (such a cool guy he is~), and since he's busy, I decided what the heck, I'll try to give it a go. Of course, how often this thread is going to be updated depends on how much motivation I have to work on this. I know just how rough spriting can be and how long it can take (and I do have other things to do such as my LPs, working on the FFWiki for whatever reason, and of course, working on my RPG Maker game whenever I get around to it). Any help, criticisms, feedback, whatever, would be GREATLY appreciated! No, this won't be for MUGEN (I wouldn't have the patience to make a full character out of her), so don't worry about that. If more details are needed on what I NEED to do, well...I'll post that as I go!

To think I'd actually be spriting yet again after 3-4 years of not spriting. :S

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
Re: Xenomic's Sprite Thread! GASP!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:50:43 PM »

In case if it's not obvious, I have no idea what I'm doing! It LOOKS nice so far, but I don't think it's going to loop right. And that doesn't include the shading and obviously the rest of the animation either @_@;;

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48:36 AM »

Credits to CVS Abstract for fixing this and actually animating it for me! I will be using this for the rest of the other animations. However, I am still going to at least finish my animation of this just to see how it WOULD have turned out. If anything, it's practice no?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:45:13 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »

Just to show that I tried at least! I checked the animation in Fighter's Factory (didn't save gif cuz obvious transparency issues, and I don't know how to do gifs otherwise really), and it seemed okayish aside from looping back nicely...if someone wants to make that into a GIF, by all means, go for it. Ignore the very first and very last sprites though (first is obvious, and last is a duplicate of the sprite before it).

Hey, if anything, I tried ya? Still going to use CVS's animation though because it flows a lot better than mine does. ^^;;

Offline TheClone45

• Wily's Fortune Teller
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 08, 2020, 05:17:39 PM
  • Let's get this over with.
    • http://draw-in.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
These are cool! But about this:

You should make the eyes blink for once. But the rest is great!

By theclone45 at 2011-01-02

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
Well, I was mainly focusing on the skirt at the moment. Then I was thinking of what to do next to animate (using CVS's animation of course). In fact, I'd like to give some animation to the body itself, but dunno how far I'll get into that seeing as this is my first animation @_@;

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 03:05:50 AM »

So I did a TINY bit of work, though I think I need to do one more animation before I start going backwards with the frames. Hmmmm....oh, and this is the black part of her shirt (so the very bottom, where it overlaps her skirt).

On a sidenote, after looking at her concept art, I just realized that the blue parts of her shirt aren't actually part of the shirt itself, but a part of the shawl it seems. Or maybe I'm seeing it wrong still...I don't know! @_@;;

Though maybe I should post the concept art here eh? Might help a bit...but up to you guys if you wanna see em. I didn't do any of them but...~

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar