collapse

Author Topic: Filterd SabreTooth  (Read 2975 times)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Filterd SabreTooth
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:26 PM »
The HD party continues!  This time it's SabreTooth

As always a special thanks to Bajm627 and Kong for their wonderful work.

Download Here!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
Re: Filterd SabreTooth
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 01:54:32 PM »
Looks a lot like the Animated version now. Will the PX version be HD-ified?

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
wow the fox 5 cartoon sabretooth has now jumped onto my mugen!!! lol

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »
They look GREAT! I just wish you guys wouldn't use Kong's characters for this project asthey are really only good in a game together with no other characters. I may be wrong as there is probably a way to fix the code that makes them WAY too strong against other characters, but I know nothing about coding so meh. Again I LOVE how they came out visually but the ones edited from Kong's characters just don't work out in this case to me. ??? :(

EDIT: Is it possible for someone to tell me how to fix this issue myself?

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
Well as 1.0 verisons these should have ramping AI.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
Yes the AI has had some work done on it.  You can also select your difficulty.

Offline nickfurry

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 16, 2023, 05:27:54 AM
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
Now is AI the only thing wrong with KONG characters? Constanly just bout everywhere i go, i'm seeing people in other forums calling his creations the worst of the worst and stuff of that sort, and just puting down his chracters creations bc  of their tough AI and according to them, they are fill with bugs. Now if u sak me i have try some 2 or 3 of his characters and they play great, and i was never able to spot any bugs. Now here comes my question, if Bugs is something that is also wrong with Kongs chracters, are this filterd characters also been check for bugs before their filterd versions are release as well.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »
They are optimized coding wise as well. I personally never found the bugs either, so I don't know the specifics...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
INB4 Kong sucks = IMT sucks

People's first main problem with KONG is that he names his character MvC2 when they're not accurate to their MvC2 counterparts.

Second, His coding while effective done generate debug floods at time and while it doesn't effect gameplay, serious coders take offense to that.

Third, KONG's care cup is empty. People get upset that he doesn't fix his characters.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36:13 PM »
i peeped a lot of this whinning and and rants on a lot of these forums and it makes me sick the way they give their "advice" or quote unquote, " constructive criticism" on people's works. for the butt hurt accuracy nerds that flood the mugen community while being a di%k for di45head's sake, thae source games are still available, MOVE on!!! 

i just enjoy and appreciate the hard work people throw in their creations and leave it at that....

getting back on topic with mr. creed hd   8)   i wish i knew how to make a voicepack i would definitely sample  some of the bits from the fox 5 cartoon and add it to sabretooth as well as the cajun!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
INB4 Kong sucks = IMT sucks

People's first main problem with KONG is that he names his character MvC2 when they're not accurate to their MvC2 counterparts.

Second, His coding while effective done generate debug floods at time and while it doesn't effect gameplay, serious coders take offense to that.

Third, KONG's care cup is empty. People get upset that he doesn't fix his characters.

^^(PM)^

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 03:50:41 AM »
i peeped a lot of this whinning and and rants on a lot of these forums and it makes me sick the way they give their "advice" or quote unquote, " constructive criticism" on people's works. for the butt hurt accuracy nerds that flood the mugen community while being a di%k for di45head's sake, thae source games are still available, MOVE on!!! 

i just enjoy and appreciate the hard work people throw in their creations and leave it at that....

getting back on topic with mr. creed hd   8)   i wish i knew how to make a voicepack i would definitely sample  some of the bits from the fox 5 cartoon and add it to sabretooth as well as the cajun!!

Well, no my problem with them isn't the AI at all...it's the fact that (and again I say this may just be that I don't know enough about coding to change it myself) but it's the fact that they take off SOOOOO much damage by default even with me setting the life to 300...I've tried reducing both defense and attack in the cns but that doesn't work (probably obvious) so I'm just wondering if there is a way to make them more fair in this regard as I actually like the custom-ness to Kong's characters (as I do to both Mr. Infinite's and R@ce's edits). Without fixing this I can't add them to the full game compilation that I'm putting together for a couple of my friends. Now I know this sounds mighty leech-like but they know little to nothing about the Mugen world and love the Vs series so I'm trying to help them out by putting together a game for them. Anyway, is there a way to fix the amount of damage they do? Cause even against each other they take off a lot of life! /:O

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 08:22:01 AM »
@ megabyte : i see you misunderstood where i'm was going with this. i'm referring to the droves of people that are flat out disrespecting  creators for lil to no reason. your beef with the damage is not going in that direction. so i hope i cleared that up somewhat for you. your beef was a very valid point and yeah his characters do rape you without a dinner and a movie lol!!! i actually like that because fighting them makes for good training for dealing with relentless fights online from the source game.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »
Well, no my problem with them isn't the AI at all...it's the fact that (and again I say this may just be that I don't know enough about coding to change it myself) but it's the fact that they take off SOOOOO much damage by default even with me setting the life to 300...I've tried reducing both defense and attack in the cns but that doesn't work (probably obvious) so I'm just wondering if there is a way to make them more fair in this regard as I actually like the custom-ness to Kong's characters (as I do to both Mr. Infinite's and R@ce's edits). Without fixing this I can't add them to the full game compilation that I'm putting together for a couple of my friends. Now I know this sounds mighty leech-like but they know little to nothing about the Mugen world and love the Vs series so I'm trying to help them out by putting together a game for them. Anyway, is there a way to fix the amount of damage they do? Cause even against each other they take off a lot of life! /:O

You said it's not the AI but the damage? All of Kong's chars do normal damage and have a damage dampener to reduce damage on larger combos...

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »
Hmmm....wish my comp had the capacity to record Mugen but when I put Sabretooth up against one of the other filtered releases from Kong they killed each other in just about 30 sec. I usually took about 2-3 combos and they were dead. I'll try putting them up against some other characters and see how it turns out and edit this post of my findings.

@Crom: Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Offline Saikoro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 25, 2019, 06:13:40 AM
  • Play it LOUD!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »
Kong. Yikes. I remember posting on this when all of his characters were originally released.

Kong's creations are better suited for people who don't know squat about Mugen's vast library of Mugen stuffs. There's probably another 5 better Sabretooth's out there. To the oblivious, Kong's works are fine. To the Mugen Diehards, Kong's coding is atrocious.

These releases are great to see, but why not take better coded work and filter that?? I'd rather have a filtered Omega Red by Cyanide instead of Kong's or whomever's work as Cyanide's coding is far superior. If you want to release quality stuff, have quality standards.

Alas, it's neat to see these releases. I wish their sources were far superior, like GM's SF3 Akuma and Ryu counterparts.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »
Kong. Yikes. I remember posting on this when all of his characters were originally released.

Kong's creations are better suited for people who don't know squat about Mugen's vast library of Mugen stuffs. There's probably another 5 better Sabretooth's out there. To the oblivious, Kong's works are fine. To the Mugen Diehards, Kong's coding is atrocious.

These releases are great to see, but why not take better coded work and filter that?? I'd rather have a filtered Omega Red by Cyanide instead of Kong's or whomever's work as Cyanide's coding is far superior. If you want to release quality stuff, have quality standards.

Alas, it's neat to see these releases. I wish their sources were far superior, like GM's SF3 Akuma and Ryu counterparts.

Vague, and the typical reply.  8=| If you knew the slightest about code I don't believe you would have made such a comment. This is the propoganda coming from the other forums, that obviously you believe. It you were talking about playing style we'd be having a different discussion. So please, enlighten us with an example of atrocious coding?

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 01:20:11 AM »
Ok, retested and I was correct. Kong's characters take off WAY too much power. Against Infinite Chun-Li with the life set to 300% he was able to take off half of her life with only one 6 hit combo. Another 3/4 os the remaining half with half of a hyper (the first few hits were blocked). Anybody know how to correct this?

Offline Saikoro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 25, 2019, 06:13:40 AM
  • Play it LOUD!!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
It's certainly not propaganda. I really don't side with any particular forum's word except my own. I may agree/disagree with people on forums, but I don't want to alienate anyone in the process. If I did this here, I do apologize.

Also consider that when Kong went on his initial release fit a couple of years ago, countless forum goers were making comparisons to Kong's releases, saying how some of his coding wasn't up to standards while compared to previous releases of other characters at that time. I am no coder by any means, but I do have a sense to say "hey, this doesn't feel as accurate as it should." But its also Mugen, so accuracy doesn't apply. With my hands on time using Kong's characters, I didn't hate them, I just thought he could have done a much better job, that's all. His Omega Red is OK, but compared to Cybaster's recent release, the coding is atrocious in comparison. Again, you have multiple people on various forums who say this. You also have plenty of other forum goers who would have agreed with me on this subject.

Are these releases cool?? Absolutely. Could the source material be better?? Sure. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Offline Shadow Dio

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 14, 2014, 08:35:02 PM
  • WRRRRRY!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »
Second, His coding while effective done

I almost died laughing. His coding is just flat out horrible. Period.

Same with this "Filtered" fad that 2 years ago was the "HD" fad. Just the name changed...

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
I almost died laughing. His coding is just flat out horrible. Period.

Same with this "Filtered" fad that 2 years ago was the "HD" fad. Just the name changed...
Vague, and the typical reply.  ... So please, enlighten us with an example of atrocious coding?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »
S'aight SanjiSasuke, just another example of someone who over time has let internet get the better of him. Used to be such a nice fellow that one.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »
Well I found an old zip file of Shinra's patches for Kong's characters that make them play more like other characters (damage and AI wise I mean)...the problem is it also messes with the sprites I guess as when I apply the patch to you HD updated Sabretooth, it makes him HUGE /:O If I were to send one of you guys that zip file do you think you could maybe apply it to your HD characters? There are only a few in the zip (sadly not one for Cap :'() but I would really appreciate it if you guys could at least look at the patches and see what he did . When I applied it and pitted him against one of my other characters, though he was HUGE, he did normal damage.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »
Or... in the options in mugen, set the difficulty to a lower lever...

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
Or... in the options in mugen, set the difficulty to a lower lever...

Well that would work but my problem isn't the difficulty but the damage they do...or does the difficulty in 1.0 also affect the damage?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar