collapse

Author Topic: Real talk with kids on Rap music of today  (Read 229 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Real talk with kids on Rap music of today
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:10:40 AM »
Back then to now it totally different. YOu had to grind harder either way to get that money. Plus you actually seen rappers d@mn there everyday walk the streets just like you. Well at least i did in Brooklyn growing up so it felt real for me as a young cat listenin to rap. But since like late 90s till now a lotta that fake sh*t been poppin. ITs like WWE. I mean im oldschool in a sense grew up in the 80s and things were different. Music is motivation to keep u going and to relate to but the point this brotha was trying to make to these youngins is not all these rappers are living and doing what they say. You got some that may try to stay in the life but believe me if 50 had a choice of making billions with Warren Buffett er someone on a joint investment on small islands with condos Or Raheem From the Pjs with some weight for a "couple years" im pretty F*ckin sure hes gonna rock with Warren :|. Dont care who u are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYqTvRixDkU&feature=player_embedded#

My thing is this its good to get that across to the kids who think all of their fav rappers is still out in the streets like them or still struggling & robbin like that to get by. Money talks so nowadays it is all intertainment. But at the same time that music speaks for the cats Really in these streets still hustlin, robbin and doin whateva cuz thats all they know and how to get by. So as bad as it sounds Rap serves its lil purpose i guess today. But i believe his intent is to say "Yo stop listenin to these idols frontin like they really still in these streets like that pumpin weight and doin business with the smack man". Theres only a hand full of rappers out there that still be in these streets. Very few. And Most of that cut aint even no where near on top at all like Jay Z, 50, TI and them dudes. Those individuals are still tryin to stay afloat. Not cuz the music isnt good but because they refuse to go commercial and out of the hood. Me personally i only listen to rap n hip hop from the 80s and mid 90s. anything else is just to clown off on or because i like the beat. If i do buy a new album its because it has that 80s & 90s vibe. issue is in these hoods now "Everybody" is gangsta and that aint the truth....too much police nowadays So you cant pull a fakers skirt up to reveal it...So most fake wankstas are safe. Anyway i wanted to share the video cuz it was good.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:54:39 AM by DEMONKAI »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Re: Real talk with kids on Rap music of today
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:08 AM »
i seen dat crap n its true u got guyz like plies who tells ppl to shoot each other and rob each other but hes a college graduate he talks very litterate when hes interviewed hes very soft spoken and dosnt want any trouble. But in his music he puts on a fake country accent and tells ppl 2 kill each other

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Real talk with kids on Rap music of today
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:53:07 AM »
i seen dat crap n its true u got guyz like plies who tells ppl to shoot each other and rob each other but hes a college graduate he talks very litterate when hes interviewed hes very soft spoken and dosnt want any trouble. But in his music he puts on a fake country accent and tells ppl 2 kill each other

lol pretty much my point. Its just nowadays too much of that is going on and every young individual out there is eatin that stuff up. I mean in all honesty the music does get you hype and pump. Hell i may listen to some M.O.P or some Raekwon Cubin Linx like im gonna really go rob someone or go outside n buss a gun when all im gonna do is get it in with a serious workout session lol

You got rappers (and its actually some i know on the come up) that are hella intelligent. Never touched a gun in his life nore bussed one but can make it sound real good with the words in a rap song to get you boppin your head real talk...i just hate when cats front like thats really them and it truely isnt not by long shot. But hey its intertrainment and i hope these kids learn the difference and Know seriously that everybody aint gangsta, they just have a great gift as a poetic Intertainer
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar