collapse

Author Topic: How To Use Your Sixaxis As A PC Game Pad Controller  (Read 1083 times)

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
How To Use Your Sixaxis As A PC Game Pad Controller
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

The PLAYSTATION®3 SIXAXIS controller can be used on a Windows-based PC (mainly on XP and Vista). You can play your PC games using the SIXAXIS controller as a PC game pad controller to optimize your gaming experience.

Let's begin by downloading this: http://dl.qj.net/SIXAXIS-driver-for-PC-Tools-and-Utilities-PlayStation-3/pg/12/fid/11679/catid/518 - This archived file contains three files: the filter driver, a dynamic-link library (DLL) file and the SIXAXIS modification.

Extract the files from the archived file using either WinZip or WinRAR. We start off by installing the filter driver "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe," also known as the LibUSB-Win32. Run the executable file "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe" and install it. Do not do anything with the "libusb0.dll," just leave it there with the "ps3sixaxis_en.exe" in the folder.

The next step is to connect your SIXAXIS controller through an USB mini-B port cable and plug it to your PC's USB (2.0) port located on either your PC tower or monitor. Your PC will recognize a new hardware being installed by notifying you a message.

Run the "ps3sixaxis_en.exe" file only once. You will see a command prompt screen setting it up. Once done, press the PS Home button on your SIXAXIS.

Start up any game that is compatible with a PC game pad. Go to the control options in the game and change the setup of the controls using your SIXAXIS controller. You may now use the SIXAXIS controller as a PC game pad controller.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

After disconnecting my SIXAXIS from my PC, my SIXAXIS port indicators are flashing red constantly. How do I stop it?
Using a toothpick, you can manually reset your SIXAXIS controller by pressing the reset button located in the back.

Even though my SIXAXIS controller is connected to my PC, the SIXAXIS does not work.
Make sure you run the “ps3sixaxis_en.exe,” then press the PS Home button several times. In addition, each time you boot your PC the “ps3sixaxis_en.exe” file must be run again.

Can I use the SIXAXIS controller on a different operating system such as a MAC OSX or Linux?
This connection between the SIXAXIS and your PC as a game pad controller can only be used on a Windows-based PC. It cannot be used on a MAC or Linux-based computer.

How many SIXAXIS controllers can I connect up to?
You may connect as many SIXAXIS controllers depending of how many USB ports you have on your PC. However, seeing that many PC games do not have split-screen it becomes useless to connect more than two SIXAXIS controllers on your PC. If you have emulators such as the N64 or SNES you can use multiple SIXAXIS controllers as game pads.

How will I know which SIXAXIS controller is player one or two and so on?
I have not figured this out myself, yet...

Will I be able to use the SIXAXIS controller wireless?
You may not use your SIXAXIS controller wireless. It could be possible if you have a PC desktop or laptop that has built-in Wi-Fi; however, there is no mod to do this.

Will I be able to use the SIXAXIS motion sensing features?
Not possible.

Will this cause any harm or damage to my SIXAXIS controller?
Use it at your own risk... Seriously, I have used my SIXAXIS as my PC game pad for a while (since last December). I have not noticed any problems with my SIXAXIS controller. I can say it is completely safe. Take my word. Then again, it's always nice to have a warranty.

NOTES:

- The SIXAXIS controller contains a total of twenty-five buttons (excluding the reset button as the twenty-sixth).

- There are PC titles that may recognize the SIXAXIS L3 analog as the primary joystick. By default, the L3 analog will act as the joystick to look around. This will force you to use the shape buttons as your moving strafe controls which makes the R3 analog unusable for the normally used look around analog and the L3 analog as the movement analog.

- You will not know if the SIXAXIS controller is activated on your PC since the port indicators flashing red can either mean your SIXAXIS is charging or it cannot find a connection with your PLAYSTATION®3 console.

- Never use the original controls of a game that was previously released on a console. For example, Halo: Combat Evolved for PC. Implementing the original control setup on the SIXAXIS from the Xbox Halo will feel… weird. R2 as firing your weapon doesn’t seem right on the SIXAXIS. Therefore, it should be R1 to fire your weapon. Basically, use the Resistance: Fall of Man controls setup on your SIXAXIS for Halo. Also, you cannot use button functions such as hold this button to pick up this weapon. You will have to find alternatives such as using the D-pad for various actions.

- SIXAXIS buttons:
D-pad Up – Button #5, D-pad Down - Button #7, D-pad Left - Button #8, D-pad Right - Button #6

Select - Button #1, Start - Button #4, PS Home - Button #17

Triangle - Button #13, Cross - Button #15, Square - Button #16, Circle - Button #14

R1 - Button #12, R2 - Button #10, L1 - Button #11, L2 - Button #9

L3 - Button #2, L3 analog direction Up - Axis #3 Negative, L3 analog direction Down - Axis #3 Positive, L3 analog direction Left - Axis #4 Negative, L3 analog direction Right - Axis #4 Positive

R3 - Button #3, R3 analog direction Up - Axis #1 Negative, R3 analog direction Down - Axis #1 Positive, R3 analog direction Left - Axis #2 Negative, R3 analog direction Right - Axis #2 Positive

My Workstation: Tested with Windows XP (32-bit) OS, an Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz, 2GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB. Games tested: Halo: Combat Evolved, Counter-Strike: Source and Unreal Tournament 2004.

Sources:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45209%20-%20SIXAXIS
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:12:25 PM by desgrav »

Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: HOW TO USE YOUR SIXAXIS AS A PC GAME PAD CONTROLLER
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
Six Axis is more trouble then it's worth.

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
Re: HOW TO USE YOUR SIXAXIS AS A PC GAME PAD CONTROLLER
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »
Six Axis is more trouble then it's worth.
I know but if someone has one laying around they can use it for their pc.
Need help with Chankast?

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
Re: How To Use Your Sixaxis As A PC Game Pad Controller
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »
can you repost the link, it's broken

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 01:12:04 PM »
can you repost the link, it's broken
Which one the bottom link?
Need help with Chankast?

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 01:16:04 PM »
FIXED. ;)
Need help with Chankast?

Do you own a Dreamcast?

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
sweet I'm gonna try later.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal