collapse

Author Topic: James Lee V1 released 24/12/09  (Read 896 times)

Offline V-NiX

• ~*EteRnaL CrimSoN PhoeNiX*~
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 25, 2024, 08:24:14 AM
  • Practice, Practice, and even more Practice
    • My DeviantArt Page
James Lee V1 released 24/12/09
« on: December 24, 2009, 07:15:15 AM »
[Preview]
Vid by Ryon (Thanks bro)

[Download]

[Comments]
It is Christmas Eve here in Sydney, so Merry Christmas to everyone.
& here's my early Christmas present, James Lee V1.
I've worked hard on this project for the past 4 months, & managed to get it done before the end of 2009.
I did add a lot of things from the previous Beta & added an experimental RPG element into him which
is the Duel Ultima Limit resembling Zell's Limit Break from FFVIII.
This is my first normal sized character, I usually make chibis.
Please do not use any of the codes inside the UltimaLimit & UltimaFinish files, and/or
any graphics related to the Ultima Limit.
Readme included with an explanation of James' gameplay elements & a movelist.

Enjoy playing with him.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
Re: James Lee V1 released 24/12/09
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »
This looks absolutely stunning, great job!
(I won't lie, I see a character like this I hold off and hope for an MvC patch in the future ^^;; )

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:07:43 AM »
 :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THANX FOR THE RELEASE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL OF INFINITY. GREAT WORK AND JUST TOTALLY OUTSTANDING.

Offline Leon S. K3nnedy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 30, 2012, 06:55:06 AM
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
 ~X(  =P~  :-j
Using Zell's Limit Break is such an innovative idea!!!! I've never once heard of anyone even trying it out as an option in mugen!!! I'm just amazed!! This looks like such fantastic work dude. I am very excited about this concept! (DL'ing @ the moment). & Merry Christmas!  :thumbsup:

Offline V-NiX

• My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 03:43:45 PM »
Thanks for all your comments, here's a vid showcasing his strongest Ultima Finish, it quite easy to attain

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
That was flashy, but it looks hard to do o.O;;
Also why did he beat the crap out of him, then the character would stand back up in stunned position, and then repeat? Seems a bit TOO much imo-
But this has got to be the most intense "Super" I have ever seen in mugen, and is incredibly ****ing INTENSE!

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
my thoughts.
1-the normal attacks and Cannon Kick special need some sort of a bigger impact when hitting or contacting.
2-james's hit pause time for normal attacks need to be increased unless you meant it to be done this way.
3- normal attacks combos need some re adjusting, currently the lp could chain into itself up to a 5 hit combo, the other standing normal attacks can chain into themselves and into each other very fast as well.
4-currently no "getting burned" palfx for the enemy when getting hit by the Cannon Kick!, i think it should be added.
6-he need to change his "facing" a bit faster after jumping over the enemy to the other side of the screen.

i don't usually post my thoughts unless i really like the release, he feels different and he has many cool + well made stuff, good job :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:07:29 PM by .:K.I.N.G:. »
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline V-NiX

• My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
That was flashy, but it looks hard to do o.O;;
Also why did he beat the crap out of him, then the character would stand back up in stunned position, and then repeat? Seems a bit TOO much imo-
But this has got to be the most intense "Super" I have ever seen in mugen, and is incredibly ****ing INTENSE!

I guess its my way of beating someone up lol
About the stunned position & then repeat, I got the idea from Zell's limit break, seeing that he beats the opponent up multiple times, the opponent still stands there.

my thoughts.
1-the normal attacks and Cannon Kick special need some sort of a bigger impact when hitting or contacting.
2-james's hit pause time for normal attacks need to be increased unless you meant it to be done this way.
3- normal attacks combos need some re adjusting, currently the lp could chain into itself up to a 5 hit combo, the other standing normal attacks can chain into themselves and into each other very fast as well.
4-currently no "getting burnt" palfx for the enemy when getting hit by the Cannon Kick!, i think it should be added.
6-he need to change his "facing" a bit faster after jumping over the enemy to the other side of the screen.

i don't usually post my thoughts unless i really like the release, he feels different and he has many cool + well made stuff, good job :thumbsup:

Thanks for your thoughts & feedback.
Will be sure to take the things mentioned into consideration if I update James. ^_^

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 08:21:52 PM »
I am not really a KOF style fan, but this character is eye brow raising. Great work to you and all that helped in his creation. Promoted to MUGEN Creator. :thumbsup:

Offline V-NiX

• My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
Don't worry, this is not KOF style at all, its my own gameplay style. ^_^
Thanks again for the promotion =)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »
I've seen your WIP thread for some time and I must admit you have some really unique and innovative ideas I've seen in a character for awhile. I'm impressed with all the work you put into this character. Gonna try him out shortly. Congrats on your release  :)

***UPDATE***

Just tried him out for abit. He plays pretty smooth and his new, revamped moves are pretty stunning. I like the effects, while the overall feel of the hits, moves, and presentation is definitely eye-catching. James' Specials, Supers and Chains do keep you on your toes, for you gotta watch the screen to see the inputs and get them in on time. I can tell you put in alot of work into this and thought out the gameplay very well. If you make more characters like James Lee and create a full game implementing the same game mechanics, you could have a winner on your hands.

Here's some of the things that I've noticed. Dunno if they are bugs or issues, but they do affect the overall gameplay imho (you can correct me if I'm wrong):

-Need to check James' chaining ability, for he can chain some of his basics into each other (i.e., standing x, standing c,etc.), while you can do x-z-x-z, which is no good.
-Standing c is just as fast as standing a
-Delta Magnum and Solar Cannon both can be tagged on the end of either Gun Blaze or Solar Strike rather easily without doing the correct double motion. Same with Blast Hurricane, if you do Blast Hurricane initially. Feels like this is either through negative edge or the time for command input is too large.
-Like what .:K.I.N.G:. said, hit pauses are pretty short for the basics, but then again it helps for the overall gameplay, I suppose.
-Some attacks lack good impact to it, making them feel weaker than how they are. For example, Crouch c feels like the opponent falls like a feather. Properly used hitpause along with some envshake could easily remedy this.
-Can't get out Rising Dragon with my controller, but can get it to work on my keyboard if I do it slowly. You may have a command priority issue going on.
-Cannon Kick Smash's input time is very tricky, for doing the command percisely after Cannon Kick hits & James lands doesn't produce anything. I have to do the motion repeatedly during the Cannon Kick hit-land sequence in order to ensure that CKS comes out. You could use a custom state for the landing or something.

Overall, this character's a winner. Looking forward to your future works  :)

Offline V-NiX

• My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »
Here's some of the things that I've noticed. Dunno if they are bugs or issues, but they do affect the overall gameplay imho (you can correct me if I'm wrong):

-Need to check James' chaining ability, for he can chain some of his basics into each other (i.e., standing x, standing c,etc.), while you can do x-z-x-z, which is no good.
-Standing c is just as fast as standing a
-Delta Magnum and Solar Cannon both can be tagged on the end of either Gun Blaze or Solar Strike rather easily without doing the correct double motion. Same with Blast Hurricane, if you do Blast Hurricane initially. Feels like this is either through negative edge or the time for command input is too large.
-Like what .:K.I.N.G:. said, hit pauses are pretty short for the basics, but then again it helps for the overall gameplay, I suppose.
-Some attacks lack good impact to it, making them feel weaker than how they are. For example, Crouch c feels like the opponent falls like a feather. Properly used hitpause along with some envshake could easily remedy this.
-Can't get out Rising Dragon with my controller, but can get it to work on my keyboard if I do it slowly. You may have a command priority issue going on.
-Cannon Kick Smash's input time is very tricky, for doing the command percisely after Cannon Kick hits & James lands doesn't produce anything. I have to do the motion repeatedly during the Cannon Kick hit-land sequence in order to ensure that CKS comes out. You could use a custom state for the landing or something.

Overall, this character's a winner. Looking forward to your future works  :)

Cool, thanks for the feedback.
I forgot about the priority thing, I accidentally put Rising Dragon below Gun Blaze.
The landing on Cannon Kick already uses a custom State, maybe I should make an ifelse on the Changestate of the landing. Where the time to change to State 0 differs if the move hits or is blocked.
Thanks for the other mentioned things, I'll be sure to keep an eye on them when I update it in the future.  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar