collapse

Author Topic: This Day in History  (Read 792 times)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
This Day in History
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:35:59 PM »

:: Im nowhere near NY or DC so I was asleep. I did just so happen to wake up to use the restroom RIGHT before the second tower was hit :o Unfortunately an elder friend of mine lost a cousin to the falling debris of the towers.

Whats your story?

<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Hunter

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:February 13, 2012, 12:05:00 PM
  • Damn Birds.......
Re: This Day in History
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »
i was in 4rth grade and it was second period at like 10:30 when our teacher broke the news to us and i wus like dayum (in my mind) i felt really bad ........

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:33:14 PM »
i was in the 6th but it felt like it just happened last year. my best friend had an uncle that was killed on that day \-/o
back from the dead

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:36:10 PM »
I was at school and it was pretty much a normal day... then all of a sudden the day got slower and slower until we were just sitting in class watching kids get picked up by their paranoid parents one by one until there were less than 15 kids in the class. At that point the teacher and (principal over the intercom) explained what happened and we all went to the window in another classroom and we could see the twin towers from far with smoke rising from the side of the first tower that was hit. Sad day... very sad day.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »
it's ashame many people up until today damn near forgot about what happened, that change and impact it had slowly faded and now we're the same as before it happened.
back from the dead

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:36 AM »
I was depressed all day today.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:39:54 AM »
I was at work and heard that a plane crashed and I was like what? Then the second plane and the pentagon. I went to lunch at home and first thing I did when I got outside was look up to see if any planes were flying about. It was a confusing and scary time. Moment of silence... :-$.

Thanks DG!

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:45:22 AM »
I was depressed all day today.
you're not alone on that one :(
back from the dead

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 12:57:26 AM »
I was crashing out at my friend BJ's place, sleeping on his couch. At around 7:00 AM, BJ came running out of his bedroom, yelling at me to turn on the TV. "World War 3 just started", he told me. His friend Jill had phoned him to tell him what she had just heard about.

We watched the various news stories for three hours, at the conclusion of which, I had to go to work. I got there - I was working at a mall at that point - and there were banks of TVs set up in the middle of the mall which were tuned to CNN. All day long we watched what was going on between our duties.

The entire day, I was wandering around filled with fear. Not for myself; I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I was pretty sure we were safe. I was terribly afraid of how the Americans would respond to this. I couldn't get images of the Americans' massive stockpiles of Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological weapons of Mass Destruction out of my head. I couldn't stop thinking of all the millions of people they would cause to suffer and die in retalliation for a couple of thousands of theirs dying. I couldn't stop thinking of how much more innocent blood would be spilled in the coming years. I knew the Americans wouldn't stop killing until the seas ran red with blood over this, because there's nothing surer to piss off an american than insulting his national pride, and that's plainly what had happened on a massive scale.

I wish I had been wrong.

Offline Vicious

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 11, 2008, 03:35:25 AM
  • Topic Starter
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 02:34:25 AM »
i was all like "oh snaps! we're being bombed on!" :o

Mugen Mugen Mugen Hey! Mugen Mugen Mugen Hey!

Offline Shadow

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 30, 2010, 09:31:35 PM
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »
I was in 6th grade, at my grandmother's house thanks to a good case of faux sickness (which was convincing enough due to the fact I really DID have a fever, but that was honestly it :) ). I was sitting upstairs on a futon, flipping channels trying to find something to watch to pass the time.  I came across NBC, and immediately I saw what was going on!

So I sat and idled, about 30 minutes later my grandma told me about it.  She had just found out what was going on, and I was still sitting upstairs, watching the live coverage.  I wasn't in shock, I didn' feel much but one thing was for sure: I know lives had been lost.  I didn't have anybody in my family, I just knew something had gone on.

I don't know what happened in school that day, either, only that they were allowing parents to come pick up their kids if they wanted to.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 09:57:04 AM »
It was my second week of high school. After the first three classes the teachers quit teaching altogether so we could watch the news.  Everyone was pretty confused. On the way home from school, i stopped by the local gas station to play Ms. Pac-Man.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »
I remember being sleep in class and then I herd screaming woke up and everyone looked like zombies as they watched the tv and the teacher screaming

my new one

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »
meh.....i did not do much.....

we got to forget the past and move into the future.......

i can't help a few thousand people died.

we just got to move on.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
It was my second week of high school. After the first three classes the teachers quit teaching altogether so we could watch the news.  Everyone was pretty confused. On the way home from school, i stopped by the local gas station to play Ms. Pac-Man.

At least you found a way to distract yourself from the tragic events...my condolences to everyone affected for that,as i´m not from US,i can´t imagine what you´ve been through with this.
Here in argentina 2 episodes of terrorism happened:
the 1st it was the Israel embassy in 1992,
The 2nd one was 2 years later in 1994,to an jewish organization named AMIA(more info here:http://www.amia.org.ar/en/centro.asp?home=false&id=180)

Both of them were painful for the jewish community(YES,it was even racist terrorism,and no,i´m not jewish,just making a point),and it highlights that hate will not lead to everything except death and despair <_<|...|

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »

we got to forget the past and move into the future.......

we just got to move on.
That's rather insensitive dude, tell that to the people who lost some one in the attacks of 9/11 ..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:11:17 PM by Z3r0 »

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »
i was in the fifth grade then the alarm rang i was like wth my brother picked me up and explained everything to me but unfortunately i lost my best friend my uncle we would always play and wrestle and he always was by my side. the hardest part in my life was accepting this that my best friend left me i thought to myself i remember as clear as day this is a mean joke where is my uncle but MOVING on is easier said than done. now i accepted that in this world every good thing comes to an end and that i will just have to accept that. i will never forget him to the bitter end

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »
Since i liv in da west coast i would usually be sleep but 2 days before 9/11 i flew out to north carolina so i was up but i didint know wat the twin towers were at the time i was in the 5th grade my dad had suspected this would happen since a couple days before 9 11 he had a dream in which god says this is only the beggining and it shows new york in chaos my dad says next he woke up at 9:11 am and told my mom that something bad was going to happen in new york but she didnt belive him and it did i know this is true because my mom was a witness to that whole situation

Offline Angsty Meier Link

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 05, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
  • The angst that drives us mad moves us forward...
    • My Mugen Vids
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 10:20:59 PM »
Nobody I knew closely died that day, but a friend of the family of the woman I almost married died. I met him once at a family get together when I was with her.

When that happened it made me question everything about this country that I believed in. I'll just leave it at that...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 [2] 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal