collapse

Author Topic: EoH & Character Updates  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
EoH & Character Updates
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
Just thought I'd drop a line to mention that how we've been involved in updating EoH recently.

1) I expect everyone has seen the code updates for Punisher and Sentry by now. It was really fun making the new custom projectiles for Sentry that replaced the older versions from Guile. I also have one more special move for Sentry as well as an additional intro.

2) Beast & Banshee has been undergoing constant updates over the last few months, nothing flashy like a new move or hyper attack, just tweeking the game play and finishing the AI.

3) Captain Marvel (Genis Vell) is now getting a treatment similar to his father Mar-Vell, giving him some air specials, hypers and updates on his combos, alot of CLSN corrections (opps) and changed hit velocities. Also a few new intros have been developed for the pair to help futher differentiate them. Below are some sprites from those intros

4) Morph is heavily under construction right now, the new SFF is completed and now all the various characters within are being programmed.

5) Poison is getting a makeover as well, with a new set of CLSN boxes, cleaned up wip attack sprites,an overhaul of the hypers and game play changes. Below is a cleaned up wip attack sprite.

before:

after:

6) We also played with the select screen a little more. Nothing dramatic, we're just all about organization. No graphic to show on this though.

7) We're also still finalizing the game endings. With Anita being pulled from the project (not that she was a particularly good fit in the first place) we have subsituted Dr. Strange as our Deus Ex Machina who turns out to be a really good fit. All the related storyboards have been switched and I expect everyone will enjoy the new ending.

(no Dr. Strange is not a playable character)

ZVitor provided some great code for the end of the game that is now implimented into the final boss and also sent over tons more storyboards created by various individules. Now we're just installing the game endings for the following folks:

Amingo
Cap Marvel
Dan
Hydron
Ibuki
Sonson
Spiderman
Spiral
Green Goblin
Evil Morph
Firebrand
Gill
Kenji
Punisher
Rhino
Wolvenom

I'm also serisouly considering putting out a guide on how to beat Symbiote Onslaught with some of the major characters (at least the Acey designed ones like Sentry and Beast) since so many people are still having problems. We're still putting together the complete move list and with 100+ characters it's a real chore. I can't say the project is finished but I can see the horizon.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: EoH & Character Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Still got one major deal to address. The d*** tag system, we've got to get a hold on this.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
I love the effects, and the sprites look insane.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »
100+ Characters, huh? How are you planning to balance everyone? MvsC2 had 56 characters, around half as much as your planned roster, and the balance in that game is a mess. What's more, you have many different creators creating their characters, so the characters, as they are in Beta 4.6 at the least, have wildly different throw commands and graphical effects.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:59:19 AM by novasod »

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »
he's right guys, lets all just call it a day, close down the site and forum, and stop working on the project.

you all had a good run, but I think it's time to put your efforts into the secret care bears project that was being discussed.

:D

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »
100+ Characters, huh? How are you planning to balance everyone? MvsC2 had 56 characters, around half as much as your planned roster, and the balance in that game is a mess.What's more, you have many different creators creating their characters, so the characters, as they are in Beta 4.6 at the least, have wildly different throw commands and graphical effects.
We have a non-believer in our midst.  :o

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
Oh this is gonna be good!

Post Merge: August 14, 2009, 10:43:12 PM
ZVitor provided some great code for the end of the game that is now implimented into the final boss and also sent over tons more storyboards created by various individules. Now we're just installing the game endings for the following folks:

Amingo
Cap Marvel
Dan <------------------------------ o_0
Wait, didn't Dan share a story with the other shotokans? I'm confused

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
If I'm correct, they're using the awesome one that I made.

It's really awesome.

like... seriously.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 12:14:36 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 11:48:05 PM »
This DR. Strange is well edited

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 01:36:23 AM »
100+ Characters, huh? How are you planning to balance everyone? MvsC2 had 56 characters, around half as much as your planned roster, and the balance in that game is a mess.What's more, you have many different creators creating their characters, so the characters, as they are in Beta 4.6 at the least, have wildly different throw commands and graphical effects.

It's a valid question. First of all, we never planned on having over 100 characters, it just happened. We were not that crazy on the outset but it evolved. Download the current beta version 4.7 for more details on this.

Now to the heart of the question, Capcom has 56 characters to balance and we have almost twice as many, what must we be thinking? Well, as of right now we don't have 3 on 3 battles which is where most of the real balance issues happen; with chaining hypers, the use of strikers and trying to use testing and forsight to figure out what could happen with any possible combination of of any 3 fighters you might chose to fight with. There are 166,320 possibilites combinations of any 3 characters in MvC2 (asuming you can not choose the same character twice). We're not dealing with 166,320 possibilities, we only have 100. I'd say we're withing our capabilities at this time to try and balance the game enough for a good game experience.

As for the throw commands, those are simply oversite. If you compair the original 2007 release with version 4.6 you'll see how many similar issues were fixed and frankly, for those few chars left now who have an alternate throw command, it only takes changing no more than 5 characters in the code to fix it. That can easily be completed in a little over an hour. Even faster if someone made a list first. Of course Poison and Silver Surfer have no throws yet, that takes a little longer to address.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:43:23 AM by Acey »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
I see. Thanks for the info. Sounds promising.

And was 'Beta version 4.7' just a typo? I'm pretty sure it was, but I'm just making sure.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »
Heh, obviously I have the next release on my mind, enough so in fact that I mistyped, it should have said 4.6 (not that the next release is particularly soon or anything though.)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »
I got a question about morph.  I read on favorite fiction that he will morph into wolverine and cyclops.  Now I know he copy apperances but not powers.  When morphs into cyclop assuming he does, are you guys giving him optic blast?

Offline catbat74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 27, 2014, 07:06:08 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 01:24:52 AM »
I got a question about morph.  I read on favorite fiction that he will morph into wolverine and cyclops.  Now I know he copy apperances but not powers.  When morphs into cyclop assuming he does, are you guys giving him optic blast?
optic blast is a power, not an apperance

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »
woo hoo, thanks for the plug warecus.

as for genis-vell, looks awesome. totally cannot wait to see him (i have a weakness for thos cosmic chars) question though, did you say he'll have new moves

and thanks for the work on sentry and punisher. i really enjoyed the change of graphics on sentry and really looking forward to seeing the new move.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »
I realize the optic blast is a power and not an appearance.  I thought I made that clear. The point is what is the use of morphing into cyclops if he can't copy his power.  Since this is a fighting game and mugen and totally fantasy he could have optic blast.  But knowing he can't copy powers it would be kinda weird.  Wolverine is a differnt story he's just copying claws (though not anywhere near as hard as wolverines) and he already has a psuedo healing factor so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch as far as fighting goes.  He could morph into the proffessor since he has some mental powers that were augmented by the proffesor.  Just wondering is all.

shout again to fan fiction, blame them for keeping mugen guys like me informed.

Offline umarboy1991

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 06, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:47:20 AM »
Acey, if you wondered Dampir is updating he's Poison sprites, if that's for any help!

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »
I'm also serisouly considering putting out a guide on how to beat Symbiote Onslaught with some of the major characters (at least the Acey designed ones like Sentry and Beast) since so many people are still having problems.
its a nice ideia, lets try get some ideias here:
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=25478.0

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »
If I'm correct, they're using the awesome one that I made.

It's really awesome.

like... seriously.

Yup, the new Dan ending really is awesome.

Morph will be copying every lick of power and abilities as the MvC counterparts he will morph into. We could come up with a billion ways to justify it but the real answer is for game play sake.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
We have a non-believer in our midst.  :o

Pink Unicorn: Shun the non-believer!

Blue Unicorn: Shuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 12:48:33 AM »
that's what I'm talking about acey baby keep rockin

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 04:50:19 AM »
Pink Unicorn: Shun the non-believer!

Blue Unicorn: Shuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!

I would pay hundreds of dollars for a charlie the unicorn mugen character.

Offline Darkwar

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 22, 2022, 09:14:01 PM
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
This Dr. Strange looks impressive!

Offline Ryu the Weredragon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2015, 12:42:40 AM
  • They don't call him RYU for nothing!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 05:05:46 AM »
Just thought I'd drop a line to mention that how we've been involved in updating EoH recently.
7) We're also still finalizing the game endings. With Anita being pulled from the project (not that she was a particularly good fit in the first place) we have subsituted Dr. Strange as our Deus Ex Machina who turns out to be a really good fit. All the related storyboards have been switched and I expect everyone will enjoy the new ending.

Do you mean Anita isn't in the project AT ALL now, or that she's just not the Deus Ex Machina anymore?

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 08:44:07 AM »
I have to say that I like these little changes. Having Dr. Strange being the Deus Ex Machina makes more sense, since one would be able to justify it by saying "A wizard did it!". :P

The fixed whip sprite looks good, indeed. The new projectiles for Sentry are nice. Keep up the good work, guys and gals! :thumbsup:

I am concerned about one thing, though: while you seem to be putting the finishing touches on EOH, is there the possibility of adding more playable characters in the future?
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista