collapse

Author Topic: Cutman V (fixed)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline SesakaX

• Infinity Deviant Artist
  • Last Login:April 16, 2011, 10:08:43 PM
  • Literal Replicant Ego
    • My artwork on Deviant ART
    • Email
Cutman V (fixed)
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
 >o:-( DOWNLOAD THIS CHARACTER HERE
The Fixed version : LINK

Wow, that was quicker than I had expected.

Thanks for I_Burner's help and feedback, I released an improved Cutman V. If anyone has any more feedback, please do so!

Finally, after a long time of planning, help from friends and people, and inspiration, CutmanV is ready to take on the Mugen universe! This is my very first Mugen creation, so respect plz. :)

If you find any problems and bugs, please leave feedback and some help of how to fix the glitches. Thank you!

CutmanV © Me and my friend ,Zaiux, over at DeviantArt.
www.zaiux.deviantart.com

Others © to their rightful owners.

Videos:

Screens:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:18:16 AM by SesakaX »

The cake is a PIe!

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
Re: Cutman V
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »
Interesting character, and pretty fun as far as small chars go.

Few issues I came across while testing:

- His regular Cutblade attacks (a, b, & c) really need some limits on how many projectiles can be fired at once. You can just spam those blades and pin down the opponent, and there's nothing he can do about it.

- "Screw Attack" basic moves (aerial a, b, & c) juggle too much and are infinite vs airborne enemies. It's fine against standing opponents.

- I have a really tough time pulling off his specials. I couldn't perform the Scissors Sword or Buzz Cut except by accident, and never got the Air Scissors Sword to work at all. I haven't looked in the CMD yet to see if the commands are different than what's in the readme.

- Hyper Zero Cutter Beam does almost no damage.

- The way he suddenly accelerates when you hold Forward or Back for a few seconds is kinda awkward, and seems a little redundant considering he has a dash ability as well. But this one might just be a matter of opinion.

I have a feeling some of this won't be an issue if you are playing against other tiny characters, which I get the feeling he was intended to be. He's a fairly unique character, and I really like the custom spriting you've done for him. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Offline SesakaX

• Literal Replicant Ego
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »
Interesting character, and pretty fun as far as small chars go.

Few issues I came across while testing:

- His regular Cutblade attacks (a, b, & c) really need some limits on how many projectiles can be fired at once. You can just spam those blades and pin down the opponent, and there's nothing he can do about it.

- "Screw Attack" basic moves (aerial a, b, & c) juggle too much and are infinite vs airborne enemies. It's fine against standing opponents.

- I have a really tough time pulling off his specials. I couldn't perform the Scissors Sword or Buzz Cut except by accident, and never got the Air Scissors Sword to work at all. I haven't looked in the CMD yet to see if the commands are different than what's in the readme.

- Hyper Zero Cutter Beam does almost no damage.

- The way he suddenly accelerates when you hold Forward or Back for a few seconds is kinda awkward, and seems a little redundant considering he has a dash ability as well. But this one might just be a matter of opinion.

I have a feeling some of this won't be an issue if you are playing against other tiny characters, which I get the feeling he was intended to be. He's a fairly unique character, and I really like the custom spriting you've done for him. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Thanks! Once my IBM is up and working (unfortunately, I can't boot it up and after I released CV, it crashed and it won't come back up if I restart it.) I'll be able to make the fixes.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, since that you mentioned it, I would like to make him shoot 3 blades (a,b,c) at once so the spamming won't happen. The others can be fixed, no problem.  How to limit the projectiles?
The cake is a PIe!

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
How to limit the projectiles?

That one's pretty easy. You can control this in the command states.

First, you need to assign a projID in the cns for each of your projectiles.

Then in the CMD file you'll need to add a triggerall line kind of like this for each ID you want to limit:
triggerall = (numprojID(-id value-) = 0)

Change "-id value-" to the projID for the projectile you want to limit. Change the "0" to whatever you want the maximum # of that projectile allowed on screen when you fire another. For your character, you'll want to set a different ID for each version of the blade. Just experiment with it a bit to get the effect you want.

Offline SesakaX

• Literal Replicant Ego
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 01:22:28 AM »
That one's pretty easy. You can control this in the command states.

First, you need to assign a projID in the cns for each of your projectiles.

Then in the CMD file you'll need to add a triggerall line kind of like this for each ID you want to limit:
triggerall = (numprojID(-id value-) = 0)

Change "-id value-" to the projID for the projectile you want to limit. Change the "0" to whatever you want the maximum # of that projectile allowed on screen when you fire another. For your character, you'll want to set a different ID for each version of the blade. Just experiment with it a bit to get the effect you want.

^^(PM)^

Thanks so much! It really helps!

I also slowed down the animation a bit, like when he holds up his cutter before throwing, I lengthened up that frame. That way he won't rapid fire that number of cutters. He'll attack with the limit of cutters given and then when he attacks with the same move, he'll pause before attacking again.
The cake is a PIe!

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
Re: Cutman V (fixed)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »
Glad I could help. I'll try out the new version a little later when I have more time.
 :)

Offline SesakaX

• Literal Replicant Ego
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
Bumping to keep this up. :)
The cake is a PIe!

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:08:03 PM »
Hey, I like your Cutman V!
My favorite about this character is that his hypers are totally different from some mugen characters (especially I like the one with Jet and Green beam).

Only things that I want to inform are...
1.  Smallest scissors (projectile) doesn't hit the opponent unless cutman V gets close to him or her.
2.  I love your art work (or your friends made?), so if possible, you can add "cut inn" when cutman V performs hypers.

So I guess you are going to update this character, right?  I'm so excited!!!
By the way, I'm working on the character based on SNES, but spriting is pretty tough.
I really respect you, and good luck!  ;D %%-

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline SesakaX

• Literal Replicant Ego
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:01:26 AM »
Hey, I like your Cutman V!
My favorite about this character is that his hypers are totally different from some mugen characters (especially I like the one with Jet and Green beam).

Only things that I want to inform are...
1.  Smallest scissors (projectile) doesn't hit the opponent unless cutman V gets close to him or her.
2.  I love your art work (or your friends made?), so if possible, you can add "cut inn" when cutman V performs hypers.

So I guess you are going to update this character, right?  I'm so excited!!!
By the way, I'm working on the character based on SNES, but spriting is pretty tough.
I really respect you, and good luck!  ;D %%-

Thanks so much!

Well, some art I did made, like the gunship and some of the sprites, and some that my friends did, like one of the hypers where he changes into a bigger Hyper Zero form.

Looks like the small projectiles had a distance limit that I didn't know about. After I re-download Mugen again (because, for some reason, my other Mugen doesn't work after setting up the TMS minigame), I'll check it out and fix it. It's easy to do!

I might want to add that in. lol That reminds me of the part when I was thinking of making one of his victory poses. I was going to put in 'Kung Fu Cutman YAA!' in there, but seeing Cutman teasing Metalman in Super Adventure Rockman, I have to go with that.

Maybe I'll make a poll if anyone wants to keep 'cut in!' and the Kung Fu Cutman, for CV.

Looking forward into seeing the SNES character you're working on! :)
The cake is a PIe!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar