collapse

Author Topic: Dead fantasy 3 & 4 & 5 preveiw  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
Re: Dead fantasy 3 & 4 & 5 preveiw
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »
While I might be late on this topic, I just saw these I must say a few things.

While I enjoyed the first two (despite the DoA girls getting beat down in the second one.) DF5 left me with a sour feeling. I enjoyed the Hitomi/Tifa fight, the continuation to it, DF5 I guess? Was what I didn't really get.
What is Hayate doing there? Hitomi using materia was strange to me, mind you I don't know a thing about FF7, but can you just use materia like that?

As for DF4, we all know Kasumi is not going to fight the FF team of Yuna/Cloud, why? You can clearly tell that those clones aren't her doing, and the fact that shes seen fighting them(her clones) proves it.

While it was awesome seeing the FF girls get the beating they deserve, the Tifa fight with the ninjas was just way too much. I can see Hayabusa doing that kinda fighting and gore, but it doesn't fit Tifa to me at all.  

Also, am waitng for the Ayane/Rikku fight

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 11:23:59 PM »
While it was awesome seeing the FF girls get the beating they deserve, the Tifa fight with the ninjas was just way too much. I can see Hayabusa doing that kinda fighting and gore, but it doesn't fit Tifa to me at all. 

Why doesn't it fit Tifa?

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 01:08:42 AM »
Don't see what all the hubub is about certain things not fitting certain characters. This is just for entertainment purposes, if Monty were going for accuracy than Haloid probably wouldn't have had a Female Spartan...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
Why doesn't it fit Tifa?
Uh.. because that wasn't exactly her cup of tea... I don't think they could've chosen any other FF woman, but that wasn't her type of fight...

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »
Hitomi using materia was strange to me, mind you I don't know a thing about FF7, but can you just use materia like that?

More or less, yeah.

While it was awesome seeing the FF girls get the beating they deserve,

Oh god an Anti-FF person. No, I'm not a fanboy. I just don't agree with watching this stuff for the sole purpose of seeing someone you don't like get beat up. For all intents and purposes, I *should* be rooting for FF, but I don't want to. I just want to be entertained.

Besides, why root for the FF side if there's no Freya?

Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
yeah just about anyone probably can use materia like that, tifa fight with ninjas just put her in the DOA world for a change like kasumi or er the clones of kasumi battling summons in ff style world. none of this is based on like oh what if it was real? nahhh yall its more like , whoa what if tifa got to fight a bunch of doa ninjas and hayate and or we put kasumi's clones up agaianst yuna/cloud and the summons , i wonder what would happen? well lets make it like this. see. cmon tho no matter what way he did it someone is gonna have a gripe about it. I think because he didnt make the ff girls at their power levels from the games and ramped up the doa girls so they could even stand a chance against them, some people wanna see their ff beat them all in one swoop. if so then it would be a very short series. one episode. summon efrit and blaze them all in one blast. the end.  ok thats boring! i cant wait to see what monty has next. oh god let it be ayanevs rikku!

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
@ The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

I had no idea materia could be used like that, thanks for letting me know.

No, I'm not Anti-FF, its just part 2 seemed way too one sided with Tifa beating everyone up. I just am more into DoA than I am to FF, but I am enjoying them for what they are, and whatever the outcome of these are so be it.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 02:38:27 AM »
Uh.. because that wasn't exactly her cup of tea... I don't think they could've chosen any other FF woman, but that wasn't her type of fight...

Please explain, I am not getting why this doesn't fit her. Yes, I have played FF7. If it is her using weapons, there isn't anything that says she couldn't. Remember, she is a martial artist, they do train in weapons. It is quite possible for her to use weapons. She infacts picks up Sephiroth's Masamune  to attack him with it in the flash back in FF7. I am just curious on why it doesn't fit her.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 03:33:55 AM »
that fight doesnt fit tifa because tifa doesnt know how to use swords. if you notice in that flash back all she did was try to cut sephiroth (besides even i can swing a sword but that doesnt mean i know how to use it)......she doesnt have any experience using swords. she only knows how to use her fists because thts all her master was able to teach her. tifa user her fists not weapons anyway and just because shes a martial artists doesnt mean she knows how to use weapons.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Thinking about it, saying that the DOA's side's power had to be upped to fight against the FF side is a bit moot in one area considering Tifa. I never played much of FFX-2, so I can't say much about Rikku and Yuna in terms of what they can do of their own merits, but then we have Tifa.

FF7 and FF8 had "blank slate" characters who's only real defining battle characteristic were limit breaks. Rinoa is somewhat exempt as she's a sorceress, which plot wise means she's already fairly powerful with magic (reminds me of someone saying Rinoa is Ultimecia, but that's another story). Tifa... is a barmaid that knows hand to hand combat. And by the end of FF7 she's... a world saving barmaid with a bunch of materia (I found it odd how  Monty had her use materia like one of the sephi-clones did in AC, but it's not like she had anywhere else to store them. OR DID SHE? [/dirtyjoke]).

So, all in all... does it really matter who got buffed up for this?

Also, yes, picking up a sword, a one of a kind one no less, and swinging it around does not mean she know how to use a sword. It's RPG weapon specialty. Just because Zell can run around the world and punch things and shows signs of slight mental retardation doesn't mean he can use a gunblade.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:29 AM »
that fight doesnt fit tifa because tifa doesnt know how to use swords. if you notice in that flash back all she did was try to cut sephiroth (besides even i can swing a sword but that doesnt mean i know how to use it)......she doesnt have any experience using swords. she only knows how to use her fists because thts all her master was able to teach her. tifa user her fists not weapons anyway and just because shes a martial artists doesnt mean she knows how to use weapons.

Can you prove that she can't? I mean just because she doesn't use a sword doesn't mean she can't. She was still in training, maybe at that time, she was good with swords, I mean why would she abandon her fists at that time, KNOWING it was probably her strongest weapon. Tifa was either A.really dumb or B. had some training in swords. Great martial artists don't restrict themselves to one discipline. For all we know, she is a master swordsmen, who prefers to use her fists or dislikes the use of weapons. If she is a master martial artist, chances are she knows how to use some weapons. It is very common for a martial artist to train in the use of weapons. I mean might as well complain her use of Drunken Boxing cause we never seen her use that in FF7. Most martial arts, have weapons you can train in. You have to look at it logically and in terms of believable what ifs of the character. I would see a problem if she start gunslinging left and right if she had access to guns or started to move like a ninja and preform ninja techniques. Her style of martial arts is influenced by the Asian martial arts with some grappling. The popular Asian martial arts have weapons training.  Can I prove that she can, no but, a martial artist using a weapon isn't out of place. Tifa is a martial artist, odds IMO are that she has some training in weapons. Zell, he might not be able to use a Gunblade correctly, but I would say there is a chance he could use a katana, or a staff or nun chucks, etc. I don't find it weird cause it is the realm of strong possibility in my eyes that she can use weapons. Going by this logic, Cloud is useless without his sword and some ordinary person can easily defeat him without his sword. We never see him without his sword and fight, but I bet he was trained to fight unarmed like how all military forces in general are trained to fight unarmed. Would it be weird if Yuffie happened to use a sword? She is a ninja afterall and ninjas do use swords. Until Tifa starts making things go boom with guns and explosives, or completely goes caster, her using a sword isn't out of character, especially since she was already weaken and needed to even the playing field.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
There's nothing in anything I've seen with Tifa beyond DF5 that would even hint that Tifa knew how to use a sword. Using Drunken Boxing in her case is closer to her style of fighting, as that's at least a hand to hand fighting style. Sure, she tried to use a sword against Sephiroth but she seemed more desperate than anything.

And stop trying to introduce real life logic in Final Fantasy. In my experience, a great deal of RPG characters do not have multiple diciplines in different styles of weapon/close combat. The only exceptions I know of are most playable characters in several FF games (5, Tactics, I'm not sure if X-2 counts), Hyuuga/Citan from Xenogears, and Lenneth/Valkyrie from Valkyrie Profile, although I'm hesitant to count her as she's a goddess.

And then there's Cless and Stahn from Tales of Phantasia and Destiny, respectively. Cless can fight sans sword only if you do not re-equip him after his fight one a unicorn while using Gungir (both of which he had to return. The full story is... well, another story), and Stahn can fight bare handed only of you do Gurenken and not get the sword back (personally, this is the reason I prefer Stahn's Gurenken over Cless's). Neither sword fighter, however, are that effective without their swords.

So, all in all, I can see if there was some allusion to Tifa using a weapon with any sort of skill. However, there was no allusion.

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »
Im just glad they arent playing favorites in this thing, anybody can die. Its a war and thats how it should be. :)
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »
Im just glad they arent playing favorites in this thing, anybody can die. Its a war and thats how it should be. :)

Agreed

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »
There's nothing in anything I've seen with Tifa beyond DF5 that would even hint that Tifa knew how to use a sword. Using Drunken Boxing in her case is closer to her style of fighting, as that's at least a hand to hand fighting style. Sure, she tried to use a sword against Sephiroth but she seemed more desperate than anything.

And stop trying to introduce real life logic in Final Fantasy. In my experience, a great deal of RPG characters do not have multiple diciplines in different styles of weapon/close combat. The only exceptions I know of are most playable characters in several FF games (5, Tactics, I'm not sure if X-2 counts), Hyuuga/Citan from Xenogears, and Lenneth/Valkyrie from Valkyrie Profile, although I'm hesitant to count her as she's a goddess.

And then there's Cless and Stahn from Tales of Phantasia and Destiny, respectively. Cless can fight sans sword only if you do not re-equip him after his fight one a unicorn while using Gungir (both of which he had to return. The full story is... well, another story), and Stahn can fight bare handed only of you do Gurenken and not get the sword back (personally, this is the reason I prefer Stahn's Gurenken over Cless's). Neither sword fighter, however, are that effective without their swords.

So, all in all, I can see if there was some allusion to Tifa using a weapon with any sort of skill. However, there was no allusion.

Why is it wrong to introduce real life logic when it comes to this situation (her using a sword as she is a martial artist)? If it is influenced in real life (martial arts in this case), then under some circumstances it can apply. I mean I might as well say, stop using the FF canon and aspects in a fan made story/fight. I mean if you want to go in canon, Kairi in KH, ISN'T that skilled of a keyblade user, not the way she was fighting. Tifa, ISN'T a drunken boxer cause there is nothing to suggest that she was trained when she used it. You accepting her drunken boxing, is you using very similar logic I am using. So why can you make that jump and it is fine and I can't. Your claim is that she is a monk class and logically due to that she probably trained in it cause it she uses only her fists when she fought. My claim is that she is a martial artist and logically due to that, she is probably trained in weapons. Not much difference in our arguments. I used the same exact logic as you and I bet to you, I look idiotic. Again I know you are gonna say "she uses her fists in drunk boxing" and I will concede that there is less of a jump with drunken boxing, HOWEVER, if you are gonna beat me over the head with "it is not implied in the game" that she doesn't know how to use swords, it is NOT implied she knows how to use drunk boxing. She has NEVER shown that she can in anyway in the games or movie. Still going into canon, Hitomi....WASN'T trained in using materia yet she on the fly used its power, a power NOT in DOA. Yuna, shouldn't be able to summon as many summons as she should at 1 time, she hasn't shown she can do it. I mean seriously, it is fan made. You are looking at it like a game designer. Tifa uses her fists NOT cause FF 7 canon dictated that she can only use her fists, she uses her fists cause FF traditionally has a monk class, that is why, not because some story aspect in the game show us she doesn't. Again, in the most desperate situation, she picked up a sword, THAT is canon. You can't say she didn't, cause she did. Yes, she was desperate......she was desperate in DF5. I don't have to again point out her situation, her running OFF to jump on the train shows is enough to show what kind of desperate situation. Again, she picks up the sword, SPITE her possible "ill" knowledge  of the weapon against a sword master, so she is either dumb, or she has some knowledge in the weapon. She used a sword in FF7 (albeit in a desperate situation), she never shown ANY kind of Drunken Boxing in FF7 or AC.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:56:29 PM by Theendgamelv3 »

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
I should have been more obvious about me being playful saying to not bring logic into Final Fantasy, although you shouldn't be bringing in too much logic into Final Fantasy.

Yes, I am more willing to believe that Tifa can somehow use drunken boxing than somehow using a sword. Fighting with a sword is a fairly different discipline than using fists. And I see nothing wrong with Kasumi using materia because that's basically how Materia worked. You get it, and you can do whatever the materia allows.

I'm only using canon to dictate what would be most fitting. If I was truly sticking to Canon I'd have problems with Yuna and Rinoa.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »
I should have been more obvious about me being playful saying to not bring logic into Final Fantasy, although you shouldn't be bringing in too much logic into Final Fantasy.

Yes, I am more willing to believe that Tifa can somehow use drunken boxing than somehow using a sword. Fighting with a sword is a fairly different discipline than using fists. And I see nothing wrong with Kasumi using materia because that's basically how Materia worked. You get it, and you can do whatever the materia allows.

I'm only using canon to dictate what would be most fitting. If I was truly sticking to Canon I'd have problems with Yuna and Rinoa.

Some people cant be reasoned with.  :-@

Kasumi can use materia on they fly without ever using it before or even being exposed to it until  . . . . . . .what two hours ago. But thats right, she can do that.

Its also known that people who train in the art of fightingor better said every fighting style has there our choice of weapons. Martial Arts are known foe sword usage. But for Tifa who who studies in the arts it not normal? wheres the logic. Its at ready been proven that she perfers to fight with her fist and that she trained in martial arts so why cant she have trained in weapon usage too.?

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »
y does it matter if she can use swords or not :(|) i think monty is just trying to make this entertaining(and it is :w00t: ) simple stuff like this shouldn't be a problem i mean its a crossover that is fanmade and otherwise would never happen 

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »
i love how some of yall are takin this so literal :D

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
Some people cant be reasoned with.  :-@

Kasumi can use materia on they fly without ever using it before or even being exposed to it until  . . . . . . .what two hours ago. But thats right, she can do that.

Its also known that people who train in the art of fightingor better said every fighting style has there our choice of weapons. Martial Arts are known foe sword usage. But for Tifa who who studies in the arts it not normal? wheres the logic. Its at ready been proven that she perfers to fight with her fist and that she trained in martial arts so why cant she have trained in weapon usage too.?
the logic is her master never taught her swordplay as he himself only used his fist as well and is a hand to hand specialist. tifa was only good at hand to hand and anyway how could tifa learn swordplay if her master was actually on the run from the shinra and dropped her off alone in midgar to save her life while she was unconscious after sephiroth cut her. so who else would teach her that? her weapons are her fist period. thats her weapon of choice and her only one. not al martial artists use weapons. as far as your comments go you must not dont know much about tifa.....

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
One Tifa is a fictional character

Two none of use know it ever thing about Tifa

Who know what experiances she picked up in midgar  . . . . . . .. .  :-@

im done

i love how some of yall are takin this so literal :D

I know :D its fun tho :)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:06 PM »
while we may not know what other experiences she may have had in midgar after her master died....how many sword masters are in the slums of midgar????? hmm last i checked none. so  :-@ *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »
y does it matter if she can use swords or not :(|) i think monty is just trying to make this entertaining(and it is :w00t: ) simple stuff like this shouldn't be a problem i mean its a crossover that is fanmade and otherwise would never happen 

^^(PM)^

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2009, 02:40:47 AM »
 ^^(PM)^

Like.. wtf.. anime and stuff like that.. is rarely logic at times...
(click to show/hide)

She didn't even know how to use the sword.. hello... she got one stuck in her arm from a ninja and while trying to block the arrows she fuked up and got arrows shot at her... so... obviously she don't know how to use a dam sword... stop fussing about it.. THE END.. #:-S

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2009, 07:31:11 AM »
oooooooooo K? i am a lil lost at why peeps are actually even debating about tifa using a sword and hitomi using materia like she has ever used it before and didnt. uhhh correct me if i am wrong but i do agree with most saying about Tifa being a martial artist and the fact that in almost ( i truly mean Almost) every martial art form there is a form of weapon use.  wether it be sword, staff, knives, daggers, monkey wrench, whatever. there is a style once called black tiger style that is a form of martial arts that you use whatever is around you as a weapon.  hell, use a teacup and a soup bowl and kick azz! lol.  so i dont find it weird that tifa was using a sword at all, i mean she studies martial arts and there is from my knowledge any not one  particular style she uses. just says MArtial Arts.  i mean she wasnt using the sword the whole fight and if she was a master at it then her butt wouldnt have gotten that sliced up. but then again, even a master falls. plus lets not forget.... its HIS vision not ours of what we would have happen. its entertaining for darn sure! as for Hitomi using materia..... so? and?  her using materia doesnt seem kinda weird to me. Oh wait, you mean because she isnt from FF so she shouldnt use materia or know how. ohhh i see. ummm so how does everyone else know how to use it soon as they get it? does it come with an instruction manual or something? Get Blue Materia and Think Of Bahumut and Poooof! lol. i mean cmon yall it aint like she took it and then summoned a giant flaming bird or an efrit. since tifa materia also gave her some fighting edge so when hitomi got 2 from her it did the same for her. i mean she already is strong so why could it not increase her strength so when she punched the ground it caused a wave? out of place? i think not.  there is a line between real and unreal. dead fantasy is totaly unreal. they are game characters in GAMES.  Just try to enjoy what Monty vision is, if you dont like it, make your own version. if you do make one, hope that its just as good or better. Then its YOUR vision.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar