collapse

Author Topic: Hmm... MvC games need "different" characters  (Read 2248 times)

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
Re: Hmm... MvC games need "different" characters
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 11:43:17 PM »
well personally I think there should be more resident evil characters in these games Like Nemesis, mr x ,Wesker etc I could go on there are so many classic characters in those games but I think the most powerful characters like Nemesis and mr x for example espeacially would be good characters to add since they are more likely to be able to hold there own more against super hero characters than a human character would realistically at least. :) 

oh and another classic series capcom did that may have sliped some peoples minds is dino crisis and I know there is a regina character for mugen but I would love to see some of the other characters from those games like a T-rex for example? ;D ;*))
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »
I'm not sure how street fighter is overrated.

"A direct line can be drawn between two players duking it out on a Street Fighter cabinet and millions competing online today in contests of skill, where a perfectly timed movement delivers a precise attack to your intended target. COG fighting Locust, Spartans fighting Spartans, Soldiers fighting Terrorists, Alliance fighting Horde... it began with Street Fighter. Capcom's simple entry into the fighting game arena changed the landscape, and eventually changed what it means to game. "

It's one thing to say "I think street fighter is overrated, and here's why." or "I don't think there should be as many street fighter characters in MVC." but going and stating that street fighter is overrated as if it's fact is kind of silly.
what are you serious lol street fighter is completley overrated whats the first game you think of when someone says "fighting game" exactley street fighter its the poster boy of fighters lol its also had the most sequels and is heavily used in examples for fighting games also the fact that practically every crossover capcom made the capsom side is all street fighters which also exploits sf even more remember cvs the only other capcom char was morrigan everyone else was sf and also the first two crossovers with marvel where STREET FIGHTER vs x men and STREET FIGHTER vs marvel

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 12:40:11 AM »
what are you serious lol street fighter is completley overrated whats the first game you think of when someone says "fighting game" exactley street fighter its the poster boy of fighters lol its also had the most sequels and is heavily used in examples for fighting games also the fact that practically every crossover capcom made the capsom side is all street fighters which also exploits sf even more remember cvs the only other capcom char was morrigan everyone else was sf and also the first two crossovers with marvel where STREET FIGHTER vs x men and STREET FIGHTER vs marvel

I don`t think SF is overrated, but it is overused, hell there are, literally hundreds of different Ryu & Ken versions for MUGEN. I didn`t care enough of SVC to notice that, but I haven`t seen an SVC Sprite of Morrigan yet, I saw one of Zero, Main reason why TvC only had 3 SF characters is because it was no fun to play as characters you`ve played as in over ten different games, the TvC style Ryu plays differently from the MvC one, also the TvC Ryu is the older one (red headband).

Like I said, I do not think it`s overrated, but enough is enough... we need new characters from the Capcom side... alls I saw in EOH were the same old capcom chars + different megaman bosses which actually beats its own name Eternity of HEROES... there were more villains than heroes in the EOH beta... Punisher is still the char I find the most compelling in the game because he hasn`t been seen before in a game like MvC.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »
I don`t think SF is overrated, but it is overused, hell there are, literally hundreds of different Ryu & Ken versions for MUGEN. I didn`t care enough of SVC to notice that, but I haven`t seen an SVC Sprite of Morrigan yet, I saw one of Zero, Main reason why TvC only had 3 SF characters is because it was no fun to play as characters you`ve played as in over ten different games, the TvC style Ryu plays differently from the MvC one, also the TvC Ryu is the older one (red headband).

Like I said, I do not think it`s overrated, but enough is enough... we need new characters from the Capcom side... alls I saw in EOH were the same old capcom chars + different megaman bosses which actually beats its own name Eternity of HEROES... there were more villains than heroes in the EOH beta... Punisher is still the char I find the most compelling in the game because he hasn`t been seen before in a game like MvC.
well did you ever think that since its overrated is why its overused? thats pretty much the case lol capcom mainly focus on three of there series resident evil street fighter and devil may cry

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
umm... you forgot Monster Hunter in Japan, which sells a helluvalot, I would also love to see a character from this series, he can be called "The Hunter" lol

Offline danniel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 06, 2013, 03:11:26 AM
  • hmmm
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 01:50:59 AM »
but wat would he look like and which weapons would he have

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 03:51:28 AM »

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

2: Being overused =/= overrated.

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 04:01:02 AM »
1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

this is the internet deal with it
EDIT: also i think its more of a matter of opinion if street fighter is overrated

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 04:33:46 AM »
I meant no offense, but honestly how does being on the internet make it okay to type like someone who never went to English class? If I ran my website like that, it would go under. If people took like fourteen seconds to add a period or a comma here or there, maybe some line breaks and paragraphs, it would go a long way to make us not all look like idiots.

This is not a personal attack on you, by any means, so please don't take it that way. I've seen it a lot around here, and it boggles the mind to see people take time to make beautiful signatures in photoshop, or sprite and program a videogame character from scratch, or take the time to learn the ins and outs of super smash brothers, yet they can't put the same effort into making their posts readable. I've all but given up on reading anything posted by daigo or nutpatch because of this, as a matter of fact.

secondly, people keep saying street fighter is overrated, yet don't give any sort of reason for this. I am very curious to hear their reasoning on why the game that got the entire fighting game genre into the spotlight, and shaped multiplayer into what it is today could be overrated.

Offline GaryCXJk

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2020, 07:22:20 AM
    • Area91
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
I meant no offense, but honestly how does being on the internet make it okay to type like someone who never went to English class? If I ran my website like that, it would go under. If people took like fourteen seconds to add a period or a comma here or there, maybe some line breaks and paragraphs, it would go a long way to make us not all look like idiots.
Yeah, pretty much what I've been trying to tell anybody, but it seems this forum just encourages it instead of telling people off.

Anyway, problem with other franchises in MUGEN is, that it takes a lot of spriting work. Sure, not as much when frankenspriting, but will it really truly capture the original spirit?

Because, It's Midnite

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
I'll have to get my hands on a sprite base and a usb mouse and i'll happily sprite a MvC wesker for mugen. Feel free to hold me to that because sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity to bring justice to a franchise. *p.m. me if you have any suggestions*

Also, has anyone seen the flyer that came with RE5 for dark void? I haven't even seen a gameplay video and I instantly knew he need to be in an MvC game.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline darkseid DC

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 04, 2020, 12:27:00 AM
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 04:28:15 PM »
I am not very good in character creation, but I believe captain commando would be a good base for wesker because of the glasses and hair
see the cutscenes of resident evil 5 in youtube it will be a great inspiration in the creation of this character

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
I played re5 for 12 hours straight, i appreciate the suggestion but staying up 29 hours playing this game has given me the ideas.

any who, cap. commando sounds like a decent idea, there just will be alot of editing involved. nevertheless I shall see what I can do.

anyways, back on topic....I also feel Samanosuke Akechi from the onimusha series needs to be represented in an MVC game. that fighting game they had with megaman.exe as a cameo just doesn't fly with me.  [-X
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »
how about kairi from street fighter?

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
how about kairi from street fighter?

*sigh* MORE Street Fighter? :-??

I vote Wesker and/or Frank West should be in an MvC
Samanosuke <--- NEEDS to be in it, Tatsunoko got Souki, Marvel gets the original demon slayer/samurai ;D

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »
*sigh* MORE Street Fighter? :-??

I vote Wesker and/or Frank West should be in an MvC
Samanosuke <--- NEEDS to be in it, Tatsunoko got Souki, Marvel gets the original demon slayer/samurai ;D

at least one though. :D i know how feel. ok i got one, cyclops without his laser eye thingy.

Offline Gate

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 22, 2009, 04:02:21 PM
  • Hardworker Brazilian Spriter
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
Sorry, but Kairi isn't a Capcom character. The only EX character who is owned by Capcom is Blair, and possibly Allen.
Welcome to Infinity, the lair of the crappiest characters and most retarded creators.

Offline darkseid DC

• Initiate
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
how about megaman X characters like X, Zero, Alx(it's a wip already), Vile, Sigma, ...

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
how about an mvc style gouken sfa? or mystique?

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
I'll have to get my hands on a sprite base and a usb mouse and i'll happily sprite a MvC wesker for mugen. Feel free to hold me to that because sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity to bring justice to a franchise. *p.m. me if you have any suggestions*

Also, has anyone seen the flyer that came with RE5 for dark void? I haven't even seen a gameplay video and I instantly knew he need to be in an MvC game.

Yeah that Dark Void guy looks like he'd be fun in a MVC environment.

Anyway, I was thinking of starting off with Pizzaman's Wesker sprites, assuming he say's it's cool, and then doing edits to make more movements. When Pizzaman made Wesker, he used Billy and Jimmy from Rage of the Dragons.

Offline The 4th Summers Brother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 11, 2015, 10:17:11 PM
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 09:59:42 PM »
Frank West would be kick-@$$, especially as a joke char.
He could have a special intro with Megaman, dressed as him or serve bot.
One of his specials could be stunning his opponent with the flash from his camera.
His hypers could involve messing people up with the samurai sword, or even him running around with that huge umbrella... or a hyper where he has megaman's nerf blaster. lol
Imagine the possibilities...   

Offline darkseid DC

• Initiate
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 10:37:43 PM »
the head of pizzaman's wesker is very good, but I think MVC style should have a bigger body with more muscles, he is not as strong as ryu or ken but he is not so weak as jin or strider

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
Frank West would be kick-@$$, especially as a joke char.
He could have a special intro with Megaman, dressed as him or serve bot.
One of his specials could be stunning his opponent with the flash from his camera.
His hypers could involve messing people up with the samurai sword, or even him running around with that huge umbrella... or a hyper where he has megaman's nerf blaster. lol
Imagine the possibilities...   

Somebody finally agrees with Frank West!!
Is the wesker you mention from that Resident Evil Mugen game, that game had Nemesis too right?

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 09:26:10 PM »
i'd like to see amaterasu or viewtiful joe in a mvc game  ;D

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 10:33:44 PM »
i'd like to see amaterasu or viewtiful joe in a mvc game  ;D

I would also love to see Ammy in an MvC game, Viewtiful Joe already appears in TvC, would love to see him in Mvc thou

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar