collapse

Author Topic: Favorite Fiction Blog requests your help  (Read 327 times)

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
Favorite Fiction Blog requests your help
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
As some of you know, there was a web blog started, discussing DC/Marvel characters and recently announced elsewhere on this forum. So you know, the format with its reviews is only a month old and still working out the best way to be presented. And the WIP board, only a few days old, so even more of a work in progress (pun intended).

Trying to make it better and better, with ultimate hopes of it being similar to a DC/Marvel e-magazine praising the characters, the processes behind their creation on Mugen, their general comic history, etc.

That said, thinking of a couple new article types and requesting your help for the questions to ask to deliver this content.

One of the new articles would be WIP focus. First various impressions of the character's general history, and any impressions the blog author could currently get from the project. My question is, to find out more information, what other questions would you like asked concerning the WIP character discussed in the article?

The second article type has some similarities, but shifted. Creator focus. Was thinking of brief over views of characters they may have released, characters they have in the works, how they choose the characters, style of work, etc. The etc part is what I am asking you about though. What questions, along those lines would you like asked of the creator in the article?

And just to give you a little more background on the blog itself. The poster on this board by the name of mmcelha is the main article writer. Think of me as someone that helps with the content he discusses. For visual examples of this dynamic, he is Tom Brokaw delivering the news, and I am just a research analyst helping him accomplish this task.

And if you have no idea about the blog I am talking about, go to: http://mmcelhaney-fiction.blogspot.com/
But please return back to this topic and discuss the things asked here, as we are very interested in developing the best ways of bringing this new content to you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:51:20 PM by volzzilla »

Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
please help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »
I hate to double post, but thinking I might not have a choice as getting zero input anywhere (same issue on other forums).

I do not want trade secrets on creation process, just general stuff people may find interesting to read. For example on the WIP articles.
-What do you have planned?
-How did you decide on this character?
-Any issues that you'd like to discuss during the process?
-Help from others?

For Creator Focus articles
-How did you get into Mugen in the first place?
-What led you to the creation side?
-Characters you have done in the past.
-Characters have plans for down the road

Stuff like that, just general info. Trying to help the author make that blog as informative as possible with information others might enjoy, all along praising the great work you do that make my jaw drop every time I see something new.

In short, please provide me with some feedback on questions to ask whomever depending on if its a WIP article or Creator Focus one.

Thank you.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: Favorite Fiction Blog requests your help
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
Ill do these real quick while I'm at lunch.

For Creator Focus articles
-How did you get into Mugen in the first place?
-What led you to the creation side?
-Characters you have done in the past.
-Characters have plans for down the road

1. I got into Mugen looking for Justice League episodes to download, I saw Lobo, and before I knew it I was trying to get this stuff to work.

2. The 1st creators I ran into were very rude, and disrespectful. They more or less made me feel like I was below them, and made me feel like I couldnt create. I made up mind I was going to learn how to do it.

3. My characters have included at 1st Captain Marvel (Shazam) Red Tornado, Doomsday, Question and the 1st Joker. These were all terrible creations because I was learning while attempting these. When you do release something (even bad) you do get critical feedback that takes you to the next level. Since creators are more likely to criticise rather than help in advance, people will offer suggestions off a bad release that makes your next character that much better. I kinda look at these 1st creations  as cannon fodder that helped get me to the next level.

These days I consider my characters to be, the latest Joker, Harley Quinn, The Flash Barry Allen Remix, and Robin. 

As for characters moving forward I have Batman Beyond, coming up, Daredevil is in the wings, Red Tornado (but is on hold briefly) Then I plan on putting Harley Quinn, the Question, and Joker on the DCvM template with many fixes, and new moves.

Offline volzzilla

• The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
Thank you very much for the replies to those questions Alexziq. When we do a feature on you (which is definately going to happen sometime soon in the future) I will keep those in mind.

However, what I was referring to was if people can come up with other generic example questions for me to ask which will help expand upon the article when covering whoever.

I'm asking this, because in the very near future, will be covering someone in the very first Creator Focus article and want the debut to be as good as possible. Also want to figure out a template for future articles.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:51 PM »
OOps sorry about that.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar