collapse

Author Topic: EOH Kenji & Jon Talbain (8/2/2008 - Patch for Kenji)  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
EOH Kenji & Jon Talbain (8/2/2008 - Patch for Kenji)
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »

Kenji and Jon Talbain have been updated, dealing with a few issues, fixes, and changes. Here's a condensed list of some of the changes made.

Kenji:
-Dropped Oboro Ichimonji for regular Ichimonji (now all kunais hit)
-Recoded MvC Physics and Interaction stuff abit for consistency during team battles
-Reduced duration of UGC
-Fixed issues with Variable Counters
-Realigned some clsn boxes
-Retimed some basic attacks

Jon Talbain:
-Sped up some basic attacks, and adjusted collision boxes for others
-Made cannon turn during Beast Cannon much easier
-Billion Flicker tweaked to juggle airborne opponents better
-Recoded MvC Physics and Interaction stuff abit for consistency during team battles
-Fixed issues with Variable Counters
-Added getpower = 0 to all Hyper Combos
-Speed & hitpause tweaked for Million Flicker, as well as reflected those changes for Mirage Body
-Made 2 cmds depending on motion preferred for Air Twilight Drop, Million Flicker, Wild Ride, and Twilight Drop

Unless some glaring issues occur, I'm gonna focus on dealing with the debug issues, and get their AI ready. Abit late for a 4th July release, but nonetheless an updated release. Enjoy!

Main Link: www.infinitymugenteam.com (will be up soon)

*PATCH (8/2/2008): http://www.mediafire.com/?nd0idcmwmdx
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:03:47 PM by Excursion »

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
Re: Kenji - SMvC: EOH Version
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »
Congratulation, I'm going to try him out now.   =D>
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
Thanx Sabaki. Will definately try out a lil later. :O*D
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline xM.Ξ.†.Λ.L.G.Ξ.Λ.Rx™

• VIDEO ARTIST
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 27, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
  • -I AM MY OWN SELF-
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:42 PM »
Nice job Sabaki as usual. I will try him out later on tonight.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 05:26:42 PM »
Nice job Sabaki as usual. I will try him out later on tonight.
ill say nice char  :)
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »
I just got this character yesterday. Love the new select pic. Nice job.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »
Nice, indeed you are making June a good month.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Chimp Master

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 16, 2008, 12:34:42 AM
  • Fear the Destroyer of Worlds.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
This character made me die a little bit on the inside....
Nice try, but it feels like you only made a Mukuro (Kenji) sprite wise. The character here doesn't even remotely feel like Mukuro anymore. This is like I'm playing as some random guy with a choppy MVC style dressed like Mukuro. Sorry, but this character fails in my book.
I'm about to put a little fury into your soon to be fatal life.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »
Of coarse I'll give him a try.

Nice try, but it feels like you only made a Mukuro (Kenji) sprite wise. The character here doesn't even remotely feel like Mukuro anymore. This is like I'm playing as some random guy with a choppy MVC style dressed like Mukuro. Sorry, but this character fails in my book.

Are you new to mugen?

Thanks DG!

Offline Chimp Master

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »

Are you new to mugen?

I've been in the mugen world a while now, I'm just starting to state my opinion here. Just a question, but why did you think that?

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:32:54 PM »

Are you new to mugen?

I've been in the mugen world a while now, I'm just starting to state my opinion here. Just a question, but why did you think that?

Because every char made for Mugen doesn't have to conform to the original char and many don't.

Thanks DG!

Offline Chimp Master

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

Are you new to mugen?

Because every char made for Mugen doesn't have to conform to the original char and many don't.

I understand that everything can't be just like the original character, but they have to be able to retain the feeling of that character. I understand that Red Earth style wouldn't fit the style that the creator is going for here, but it should least be able to feel like Mukuro. I hate to use this overrated example, but like POTS, his characters aren't one hundred percent like their original counterparts, however they feel like them. This, however, doesn't even start to feel like Mukuro should.

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »

Are you new to mugen?

I understand that everything can't be just like the original character, but they have to be able to retain the feeling of that character. I understand that Red Earth style wouldn't fit the style that the creator is going for here, but it should least be able to feel like Mukuro. I hate to use this overrated example, but like POTS, his characters aren't one hundred percent like their original counterparts, however they feel like them. This, however, doesn't even start to feel like Mukuro should.

Nicely explained but I'll let Sabaki respond to that...

Thanks DG!

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »
well...this version is intended to feel more MVC-ish than anything else...trust me,cray/sabaki keeps working on his Warzard/Red Earth version accurate to the original game...there`s still a a better way to say you didn`t like the character in a more objective way,instead of stating "i just died a little while playing this character"
Of course ppl is allowed to voice their opinion ,but there are better ways to say it... :-??

Either way,as malisiousjoe said,better leave it to sabaki

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »
Sweet! thanks Sabaki for this awesome update of Kenji  ;)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 07:43:05 AM »
hmm...I see you haven't played Warzard enough to get a better judgement on the transition from Red Earth to MvC style of gameplay, for you'd see & feel that he feels very closely to how Kenji/Mukuro feels. Then you should rip on Capcom for what they did to Megaman, for he's not supposed to do hand-to-hand fighting but only jump & shoot, and his powerup system is activated & used wrongly. Sam as Jin, for he's only supposed to fight within his suit, NOT outside. Or what about Bison? He's now slower, is projectile is weirder, and he can fly?!? None of them feel according to your ideology, right?

Well, I would continue this comparison...but last I heard you won't be back on for a week  L-) . So I'll wait.....maybe not  :P

Offline umarboy1991

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 06, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »
Hello Sabaki=D just wondering.. how is it going with ur Psylocke? and what are u planning for her?=D

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 09:08:41 AM »
Hello Sabaki=D just wondering.. how is it going with ur Psylocke? and what are u planning for her?=D
She's about done. Her release is still pending due to minor things (i.e. writing the readme, palettes, etc.).

Offline JonnyTanna

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2017, 09:13:01 PM
    • Jonny Tanna Films
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »
Thank you Sabaki.. you've come through once again!

Can't wait for Tabasa!
 :)

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »

pay no attention to the negative. great character
Your sig is way too big - Admin

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
hmm...I see you haven't played Warzard enough to get a better judgement on the transition from Red Earth to MvC style of gameplay, for you'd see & feel that he feels very closely to how Kenji/Mukuro feels. Then you should rip on Capcom for what they did to Megaman, for he's not supposed to do hand-to-hand fighting but only jump & shoot, and his powerup system is activated & used wrongly. Sam as Jin, for he's only supposed to fight within his suit, NOT outside. Or what about Bison? He's now slower, is projectile is weirder, and he can fly?!? None of them feel according to your ideology, right?

Well, I would continue this comparison...but last I heard you won't be back on for a week  L-) . So I'll wait.....maybe not  :P

havent tested your kenji, though im sure its good, but you are wrong about megaman and jin lol. whats the purpose of them being in the game if they just throw projectiles the whole time? I mean you can drive your car and get out and throw punches and kicks for no reason if u wanted to. doesnt make capcom wrong for making jin fight without his suit. i mean power rangers still fight without there suit right. megaman even fights in the 3d megaman games so why shouldnt he be able to fight in mvc? you gotta make ur point some other way cuz that didnt cut it lol.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »

havent tested your kenji, though im sure its good, but you are wrong about megaman and jin lol. whats the purpose of them being in the game if they just throw projectiles the whole time? I mean you can drive your car and get out and throw punches and kicks for no reason if u wanted to. doesnt make capcom wrong for making jin fight without his suit. i mean power rangers still fight without there suit right. megaman even fights in the 3d megaman games so why shouldnt he be able to fight in mvc? you gotta make ur point some other way cuz that didnt cut it lol.

No, my argument is not that Megaman and Jin's gameplay is wrong. My argument is saying that if a character doesn't play 100% the way they do from the original game before being ported to MvC, then they also "fail". Chimp Master says that my Kenji doesn't play like his original gameplay in Warzard, which is why he sucks. So, my argument is going based on his opinion, that characters that are not 100% accurate to their original gameplay also sucks. Saying this, then Capcom also "failed", for most of the characters on the Capcom side do not retain their original gameplay. Let's not even mention Captain Commando, for he's supposed to be able to walk into the foreground and background if you push up or down on the joystick. What was Capcom thinking when they designed him for a 3D?!?

Putting accuracy (and sarcasm) aside, all the characters' gameplay in MvC is great. The ideas behind Megaman and Jin's gameplay is very good & diverse. I tried to do the same with Kenji; maybe some areas are a miss, maybe some a hit. In the end, I had fun designing him for the EOH project and those that enjoy it then I am satisfied. I'm not getting paid for working on this project, just having fun and doing my best in what will help the EOH project be one of the best full games out there once it reaches 100%, which also includes coding for MvC-physics & interaction for all characters.

Can't wait for Tabasa!
/:O...time do do a spyware scan on my computer....

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

Can't wait for Tabasa!

lolwut? How does he know that?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
Maybe is because... ;*))

S...h...i...t
I'm... lo...sing... my... sig...nal...

3... 2... 1... Gone... :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline umarboy1991

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 06, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:46 AM »
great that u are making Tabasa=D i love the way you and Kong make ur characters=D hehe just love them=D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal