collapse

Author Topic: Ada......Ada Wong  (Read 11493 times)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 15, 2024, 10:01:11 PM
Re: Ada......Ada Wong
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »
I thought the sprite in your avy was part of her stance. Why not just animate that one.? I'm sure it'll great.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »
That's an old, old sprite. That was part of my first attempt at Ada. I'm on my third style of spriting, with the ones shown in this topic as the 2nd style. With the current design I am very happy with her, compared to the other 2 where I had my doubts.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »
That's an old, old sprite. That was part of my first attempt at Ada. I'm on my third style of spriting, with the ones shown in this topic as the 2nd style. With the current design I am very happy with her, compared to the other 2 where I had my doubts.
Ah, I see. Well, if you have that particular sprite updated from your avy, I think animating it would be a good way to go. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »
Ah, I see. Well, if you have that particular sprite updated from your avy, I think animating it would be a good way to go. :)

Hmmm, I've just updated that sprite, to make it more capcom vs style complete with new head and shading, and I do believe it works. Thanks very much .Batzarro.!  :)

I actually never thought of using that sprite.....maybe I can update some other of my old sprites, to make this WIP come along faster (the original version was at an alpha stage)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »

Hmmm, I've just updated that sprite, to make it more capcom vs style complete with new head and shading, and I do believe it works. Thanks very much .Batzarro.!  :)

I actually never thought of using that sprite.....maybe I can update some other of my old sprites, to make this WIP come along faster (the original version was at an alpha stage)
No prob. :thumbsup: If you need help animating it, Excursion is the person to go for that. He makes the best stances around. :)

(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »
I'm sorry for the lack of progress recently but I'm very low on spare time (try being an unpaid teacher while still doing assignments)
After this placement however I will have practically finished the year for Uni (there's no exams on my course  :w00t:)and so I will have plenty of free time to sprite Ada.  :o

Just thought I'd show some screens of her, which were posted in another topic. If you haven't seen them then here they are. They also show the new style I am taking with her (more Capcom vs Marvel style than CVS style using Psylocke and Rose as a base rather than CVS Maki and Chun) Enjoy

Hmm looking at that last one her right leg seems broken lol So I'm going to have to change that

Offline eSkRo

• Original Founder
  • IMT Founder
  • Last Login:August 06, 2019, 10:56:09 PM
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2008, 04:44:37 PM »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
She's coming along really great, man. :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing more. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Brownie23

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 27, 2017, 02:00:34 PM
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »
Is she gonna be a fist fighter? because I always thought she used a gun

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »
Awesome ;D she looks great I am so looking forward to her release

well done Dead-X great job as always  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

TomBewley

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2008, 02:24:27 AM »
Is she gonna be a fist fighter? because I always thought she used a gun

She can't use nothing but guns, it'd be odd. Look at Jill from MVC2, she's a Resident Evil character and she uses more than just guns. And from RE4 it is quite clear that Ada isn't to be taken lightly when fighting her. Plus her RE:UC profile says she "has undergone rigorous special training in firearms and acrobatics, making her a real pro." I assume she is therefore able to hold her ground in a fist fight.

But don't worry, she has guns and she will use guns. Ada is all about taking the opportunity no matter what it is. But as they say "Nobody knows the real Ada Wong"

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
Awesome but I have just one question I would like to ask you
Dead-X and its is this her final look or are you still making changes to her appearance its just that Im not sure if her shoes look quite right I think the one in your signature might be more accurate if I remember rightly

apart from that great job Dead-X  =D> =D>

and many thanks for making her :)

TomBewley

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
This is her final look, a cross between her original RE2 outfit and the reprise of this outfit in RE4 as seen in Mercenaries mode.

(although this stance isn't final, her right leg looks off)

In RE2 she had brown flat shoes and black trousers on, cutting off at her ankles. She had brown hair and brown eyes and her dress was slightly pinky

In RE4 she had red heels and brown tights on. She had black hair and green eyes and her dress was a dark red. And she had all the new accessories, such as the gloves which I haven't used and earrings that I have kept.

And yes I realise her hair is the wrong way around and the longer side should be facing us, but then you couldn't see her face so I swapped it around

I feel that doing a mix was the best way to go so that she still retains her original look but with some aspects updated to fit the newer look (like in RE:UC where she has heels/green eyes/tights etc)

And I personally prefer the heels, it makes her seem more sexy and kick butt at the same time, which is what I believe the direction that Capcom was pushing her in from RE2. She was a new woman after that incident in Racoon City and she needed a new look to reflect this.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:04:03 PM by Dead-X »

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2008, 02:09:12 PM »
Besides her right leg...
I think you should rise her right arm from where it is now, to look a little bit more like the edited version that you are using on your avatar.

Or maybe for something different...
You could try to make her keep or hold a gun on her right arm.
(A little bit like Cable does on his stance)
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline Time

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 01, 2019, 06:40:27 PM
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
 :o WONDERFUL!! AMAZING WORK, NICE GIRL, CONGRATULATIONS.

PD: THE SHOES ARE TOO BIG??

Offline Brownie23

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 27, 2017, 02:00:34 PM
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
They look like a pretty good size..

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
I see what you mean Dead-X I never noticed those differences before I was thinking just resi 2 Ada but now that you have pointed that out I can see why you have gone for a mix so Im happy with her again now not that it was a big deal anyway it was just something I noticed that was bugging me a little bit thats all

many thanks for pointing that out  :thumbsup: ^^(PM)^

cheers :thumbsup:

TomBewley

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
Just thought I'd show some more screens to show that she is moving on. Especially now that my placement is over and I have some free time.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »
nice shots especially the one where shes wall hanging, I just have a problem with the first one she looks to muscular kinda like a man  /:O

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »
The lady has been doing some exercise... :DxDie

Anyway...
Nice progress. :thumbsup:
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

TomBewley

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
nice shots especially the one where shes wall hanging, I just have a problem with the first one she looks to muscular kinda like a man  /:O

Thanks, and your right. I blame her left shoulder/arm. It sticks out too much making her seem more bulky than she is (plus looking at it, her legs need more shading). And you like the wall hang then? That's good, I was a bit unsure on that sprite.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »

Thanks, and your right. I blame her left shoulder/arm. It sticks out too much making her seem more bulky than she is (plus looking at it, her legs need more shading). And you like the wall hang then? That's good, I was a bit unsure on that sprite.

cool, but keep the wall hang it looks sick  :thumbsup:

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:03 PM »

cool, but keep the wall hang it looks sick  :thumbsup:
i agree.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2008, 02:59:45 PM »
nice to see more pictures of ada  :) I espeacially like how you have put her with jill I was wondering how the two would compare in looks and personally I dont know which one looks the best now that I have seen them together :-?? but I would say that ada at least looks just as good as jill if not better. ;D

your doing a great job with her  :)

so well done  =D>

and good luck with finishing her :thumbsup:

Offline Diek Stiekem

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 26, 2022, 06:24:53 PM
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
Your progress looks much better than I even suspected Dead-X, good work 8)

Just take your time and she'll turn out fine!
"Such heroic nonsense!"

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar