collapse

Author Topic: Zero?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Keijikun

• Last Login:June 19, 2014, 04:30:19 PM
Zero?
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
I was wondering if there were any plans to add Zero. I ask, since Zero could have existed in the classic timeline, especially since in Megaman 2: The Power Fighters, Bass's ending hints to Zero's creation...

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
Re: Zero?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
right im sure hell find his way in but who i really wanna see is tengu man
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:18:46 PM »
Id really like to see Axl but thats off topic. Team Reploid is invold with the project and they had a Zero wip. I dont know if they still working on him but someone will pick him up. Zero is just as popular as X so if X is in it with out a doubt Zero would be.  Sigma, Axl, Lumina, and some of the mavericks are some of the characters i'd love to see.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »
While Acey said in another thread, that we are really more doing the classic searies (1-9)
There's always the chance you'll have a few secret charcters in there.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
You do realize that the classic series ends when Wily tries to activate an unready Zero, and he goes nuts and kills everything ever before finally getting shut down, right? A buffed Zero would make a killer boss.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
You do realize that the classic series ends when Wily tries to activate an unready Zero, and he goes nuts and kills everything ever before finally getting shut down, right? A buffed Zero would make a killer boss.
word :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
That's actually just a rumor. Series creator Keiji Inafune said Zero would never do that. It's actually a pretty interesting read: http://www.capcomdigital.com/blog/2008/09/05/inafunesan_answers_your_questions

1) Did Zero really "kill" the family between the events of the Classic Mega Man and X series?

KI:  No, Zero did not kill them.  According to the way I created him, Zero is not such a person--it is not in his profile. 

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Keijikun

• Last Login:June 19, 2014, 04:30:19 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
That's actually just a rumor. Series creator Keiji Inafune said Zero would never do that. It's actually a pretty interesting read: http://www.capcomdigital.com/blog/2008/09/05/inafunesan_answers_your_questions

1) Did Zero really "kill" the family between the events of the Classic Mega Man and X series?

KI:  No, Zero did not kill them.  According to the way I created him, Zero is not such a person--it is not in his profile. 

Interesting read, that was. Also, since there's a big blank space between the latest Classic series games and the start of the X series, that means that there's a possibility that Zero was activated during that time and may have done battle with Megaman. Also, since Megaman X is going to be in, I thought it might be interesting for X to meet his partner before becoming the Maverick Hunter he was in the X series.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
Interesting read, that was. Also, since there's a big blank space between the latest Classic series games and the start of the X series, that means that there's a possibility that Zero was activated during that time and may have done battle with Megaman. Also, since Megaman X is going to be in, I thought it might be interesting for X to meet his partner before becoming the Maverick Hunter he was in the X series.
No actually there is no possibility as the creator said it himself. Zero didn't do it. However it is likely that megaman's system may have shut down after some time. The question is after Wily died.....who carried on his work? As for the Megaman X thing you said. Actually I am pretty sure he did. I mean X was found then Dr. Cain made copies or should I say replicas of him which he called reploids. Sigma and all other maverick hunters were somewhat modeled after X. And after Sigma fought Zero it is a possibility that X could have ran across him before that.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
maybe it was protoman or even megaman that did it i mean even if its disproved that zero did it he still is the carrier or te maverick virus meaning it could have been any robot but id put my money on protoman being as hes got stability issues
(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »
I think the maverick virus is Dr. Wily's mind.
See I think he wanted to put his brain into zero, using that dark energy crap.
That would be why zero freaks out in that video when he's fighting sigma and the W starts flashing in his crystal.

The mixing of Dr. Wily's own evil and the dark energy, planted into the most soficated android ever would probably cause the maverick virus, and if it is Dr. Wily that would explain why all the weird reploids go evil, they were all based on mega man x.

I think X is Rock, just enhanced, to be on Zero's level, cuz light would have had to have found out about it or figured thats what wily would do, and thats why he hid those capsules everywhere..

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »
I think the maverick virus is Dr. Wily's mind.
See I think he wanted to put his brain into zero, using that dark energy crap.
That would be why zero freaks out in that video when he's fighting sigma and the W starts flashing in his crystal.

The mixing of Dr. Wily's own evil and the dark energy, planted into the most soficated android ever would probably cause the maverick virus, and if it is Dr. Wily that would explain why all the weird reploids go evil, they were all based on mega man x.

I think X is Rock, just enhanced, to be on Zero's level, cuz light would have had to have found out about it or figured thats what wily would do, and thats why he hid those capsules everywhere..
X and rock are two totally different robots. That rumor has long since been known to have been squashed. I can see why you would think so. Zero freaked out like that because of a minor glitch in his system that appears later on to have been fixed. Wily's work with other robots was always glitchy and full of problems but Zero...though he was his masterpiece still had problems. In other words it was just an error that occurred in his memory. The evil energy fused with something a code made by doctor Wily is what caused Zero to go maverick. It is basically sort of a program that can travel through the air and once it infects its host it corrupts the reploids mind and make then all operate according to Wily's plan for world domination which since Wily was dead he couldnt be their master so they decided to seek it for themselves. But see Sigma is the strongest of all the reploids that were created and modeled after X and that is why he is the leader of them all. Plus he can program their internal systems to make them fight against one another. Wily never wanted to put his brain in Zero but he did want to win against Dr. Light's Megaman and X so much so that he created Zero to counter everything that X can do. That is why he is superior to X in every way. Upu ever noticed that Zero can erase shots...more specifically even X's. theres more but I dont want to bore ppl with it.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
If Wily's mental paterns arnt part of the virus or that glitch even, how the heck did sigma have a conversation with him, the one he revealed in x5 (the game orginaly inteded to be the end of the x saga and the lead into the Legends searies)

Offline Mugendude26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 06:14:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »
6): What happened to Dr. Wily in Rockman X series? Are Dr. Wily and Dr. Weil the same person? Were they ever supposed to be?

Kenji Inafune: A large amount of time has passed between the classic series and Mega Man X. Dr. Wily had died in the interim but was brought back by the virus. Dr. Wily and Weil are not the same person. It is ironic though, because Dr. Wily created Zero, and Dr. Weil used Zero, but ultimately it was a copy of Zero's original body with a different mind that defeated him.

So I guess that means Sigma brought Dr. Wily back in the X series with his virus?

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
6): What happened to Dr. Wily in Rockman X series? Are Dr. Wily and Dr. Weil the same person? Were they ever supposed to be?

Kenji Inafune: A large amount of time has passed between the classic series and Mega Man X. Dr. Wily had died in the interim but was brought back by the virus. Dr. Wily and Weil are not the same person. It is ironic though, because Dr. Wily created Zero, and Dr. Weil used Zero, but ultimately it was a copy of Zero's original body with a different mind that defeated him.

So I guess that means Sigma brought Dr. Wily back in the X series with his virus?

The only way that would work is if Wily was part of the virus, like as if he were orginaly trying to put himself in zero's body... for imortality maybe, and it all went wrong.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:37 AM »

KI:  No, Zero did not kill them.  According to the way I created him, Zero is not such a person--it is not in his profile.  

Inafune is kind of an bunghole with character ownership issues though.

He's also stated - more or less on record - that Rock Volnutt is his idea of the proper Megaman story, and that Capcom and the fans didn't really get it right. Rightfully so on our part - the Legends series story was ridiculous, and the games played like balls.

Also, in subsequent games, not created by him but still very much in canon, there are numerous flashbacks, endings and such suggesting a big cataclysm occurring after Zero's activation at the end of the original timeline and Zero standing around with bloodied hands.

Ignoring any speculation even, there's no question that Wily created Zero - so having normal Zero as the boss would still work.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:14 AM »
I disagree with the gameplay/story of Legends comment but I agree with the Zero being a boss idea.
-.-

Offline Amlethus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 29, 2010, 06:31:48 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
There's a pretty good chance that Isoc from Megaman X6 is Wily.
Placeholder sig

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
I disagree with the gameplay/story of Legends comment...

I know man, he picked the wrong house to bag on Legends. He has no idea how many of us here would squeal in delight when Legends 3 finally get announced.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
:D
You have no idea G.
-.-

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
You have no idea G.

I third this, I love the Legends series to a fanboy-ish level, I think it was fresh and new, leaving from the same old, same old. It didn`t have the rep of MM or MMX so it could not be treated as say... MMX7/MMX8?

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »
You have no idea G.

Same here. It's not every day that you actually get to see a free-roaming 3-D Mega Man game coming out. :thumbsup:

If only Keiji Inafune would make up his mind before he dies... \-/o
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
Inafune isn't very old, and he's been talking about wanting to push through a Legends game for awhile - think he wanted it on Wii.

Also, wasn't the Legends series supposed to take place in canon just decades or possibly centuries after the events of X, what with Elysium and all? I know the link in X5 was intentional, so there's that.

Either way, not my cup of tea. Legends/Dash started up the notion that a wild deviation from Rockman was a good thing, which then snowballed into all of that EXE Starforce Delta Dragon ZX bulls***, and resulted in having to wait a decade and a half for a proper sequel in Rockman 9.

I realize it's a bias case of "They changed it, now it sucks!" on my part, but there's a whole chunk of Rockman fandom who would agree with me all the same.

Even still, I'll admit that Kobun pretty much rock my boxers. Kobun = the saving grace of Legends.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
Inafune isn't very old, and he's been talking about wanting to push through a Legends game for awhile - think he wanted it on Wii.

Also, wasn't the Legends series supposed to take place in canon just decades or possibly centuries after the events of X, what with Elysium and all? I know the link in X5 was intentional, so there's that.

Either way, not my cup of tea. Legends/Dash started up the notion that a wild deviation from Rockman was a good thing, which then snowballed into all of that EXE Starforce Delta Dragon ZX bulls***, and resulted in having to wait a decade and a half for a proper sequel in Rockman 9.

I realize it's a bias case of "They changed it, now it sucks!" on my part, but there's a whole chunk of Rockman fandom who would agree with me all the same.

Even still, I'll admit that Kobun pretty much rock my boxers. Kobun = the saving grace of Legends.

Well to be fair, Legends was born out of necessity. Part of SONY's agreement to allow the X series to continue on the PS1 after X4 in 2D was that Capcom had to make a 3D Rockman/Megaman game as well. Part of SONY's then mission statement/model was that they did not want any 2D games, but they also realized the profit they would gain from having the X franchise on that console. In fact, the only reason why MM8 and MMX4 are even on the PS1 is because SEGA Saturn had them and they didn't want to lose that demographic which at the time was a big margin.

This is the same reason why X7 and X8 are in 3D. The jump to PS2 with the series required them to make the games in 3D, something that Capcom obviously wasn't ready for with X7, but totally got right with X8.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 03:23:36 PM »
Legends is canon and it takes place about 100 or 200 years after the events of MegamanZX Advent. Something is supposed to happen to the world that causes massive destruction with only few living human survivors. Of course this also have to do with the biometals and the war between the Mega men and of course a few certain members of Legion and the Models which include Model W. I am just waiting for the next gap to be filled is all. The one that actually goes to right before legends starts which should be revealed shortly if they make another one. You can already see the signs and insignia of the reaverbots(the robots that roam around in Legends) in the Megaman ZX Advent so that series its almost at its climax then maybe we will see Megaman make a comeback to the big consoles like PS3/360 and maybe the Wii.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
Legends is canon and it takes place about 100 or 200 years after the events of MegamanZX Advent. Something is supposed to happen to the world that causes massive destruction with only few living human survivors. Of course this also have to do with the biometals and the war between the Mega men and of course a few certain members of Legion and the Models which include Model W. I am just waiting for the next gap to be filled is all. The one that actually goes to right before legends starts which should be revealed shortly if they make another one. You can already see the signs and insignia of the reaverbots(the robots that roam around in Legends) in the Megaman ZX Advent so that series its almost at its climax then maybe we will see Megaman make a comeback to the big consoles like PS3/360 and maybe the Wii.
  ^^(PM)^

Yeah can wait for the next installment/ series

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
....S***, you think maybe he's waiting for everything to sort of catch up before he makes another Legends?!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 07:14:59 PM »
....S***, you think maybe he's waiting for everything to sort of catch up before he makes another Legends?!

That would actually make a twisted sort of sense...

If this is true, then that means that Keiji Inafune may have been planning this all along! 8-}
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 08:14:11 PM »
This topic has gone too far off-topic, no?

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »
These discussions are despressing...make it stop. (:|

I don't think Zero should be in it like Kobun and Tron or even X since they are not Robot Master, but if Zero has an appearence, then he should be a hidden character or hidden boss after Dr. Wily.  Heh, he could appear in the ending.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »
These discussions are despressing...make it stop. (:|

I don't think Zero should be in it like Kobun and Tron or even X since they are not Robot Master, but if Zero has an appearence, then he should be a hidden character or hidden boss after Dr. Wily.  Heh, he could appear in the ending.

If anything, like I did mention in another thread around here, outside classic characters would be hiddens that have no tie-in the the story's plot.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista