collapse

Author Topic: Hordak MOTU WIP - Shanri, BWWD  (Read 624 times)

Offline shanri

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 16, 2019, 01:31:03 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
Hordak MOTU WIP - Shanri, BWWD
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »

Here is a preview of Hordak for MUGEN.  I am a huge fan of MOTU and am thrilled to be able to work with such spot on sprites.  I have a dream of Thundercats V MOTU.  More from both coming!!!  Thank you to BWWD for the sprites. 

be sure to like and subscribe.  I am planning another release to celebrate 100 subscriber!!!
Thanks!!!

&feature=youtu.be

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Hordak MOTU WIP - Shanri, BWWD
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »
The idea is pretty cool, but I have two points to share:
- don't you think you are working in many things at once, while you don't have much experience? It would be better to work on lesser things, get experience and feedback then proceed to new wips.

- the sprites are cool, but the animations not. Most of them suffer from the "rag doll effect", when you rotate only parts of the body to create animations (it's part of Bwwd process, I use the same tool). It can work for smaller sprites and for other type of games, but not for fighting games. It looks very weird :(

To be honest, even in his OpenBOR game, many animations look weird because that effect.

Offline shanri

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 16, 2019, 01:31:03 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
Re: Hordak MOTU WIP - Shanri, BWWD
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 12:35:03 AM »
while your points are well taken and have some validity, i see it like this.
i like seeing these characters in mugen.  i plan to use them in openbor too.  the style, is the style.  i like bwwd's work alot.  its not perfect and i take your opinion with some justification, but i like his work. 
As for improving my skills before taking on too many wips, i have been slowly learning each step of the coding, and would then apply it to all my characters.  these are years worth of work, and i am finally getting all my characters near what i would consider a beta release quality.  i have a talented coder who is helping me with some of the difficult issues.  i plan to react to feedback from my releases and use it to improve these characters, learning as i go.
i am also always open to the community improving upon my work.  for me, i am just having fun.  i think these works are very cool, and while they are not perfect, they are certainly worthy of release.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal