collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P Jason David Frank Aka Tommy Oliver The Legendary Power Ranger  (Read 318 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 09:54:19 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email

It has been confirmed that longtime Houston Texas resident Jason David Frank died last night. It’s being reported that he committed suicide. His trainer and close friend Mike Bronzoulis here in Houston Texas confirmed the news this morning.

A representative for the actor confirmed the loss to People Magazine, sharing, "Unfortunately, it is true."

"Please respect the privacy of his family and friends during this horrible time as we come to terms with the loss of such a wonderful human being," they shared. "He loved his family, friends and fans very much…He will be truly missed."

Best known for his portrayal of Tommy Oliver the Green Ranger in the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," Frank also starred in other "Power Rangers" projects.

Being a member of the franchise was seemingly a large part of Frank's identity - as his social media was full of references to his projects.

In addition to his acting career, Frank was also a proud and accomplished mixed-martial artist, having earned his 8th degree black belt.

He practiced multiple different forms of martial arts including Mixed martial arts, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Shotokan & Wadō-ryū

In 2003, Frank was inducted into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame.

The film Legend of the White Dragon launched on Kickstarter in 2020. Initially, it was going to be a mini-series or fan film. With the popularity and excitement, it grew into a full-feature film. The film includes past Power Rangers performers such as Frank, Jason Faunt, Ciara Hanna. Other cast members include Mark Dacascos, Michael Madsen, Andrew Byron Bachelor, and Jenna Frank. The movie wrapped in 2021. It's currently in production and set to release in 2023.

Frank identified as a Christian, and said he began attending church after the death of his brother.He married his first wife in 1994 and the couple had two sons and a daughter. They divorced in 2001. In 2003, he married his second wife, Tammie, and the couple had one daughter. In 2022, Tammie filed for divorce.

Frank died in November 2022, at the age of 49.

and I have some very strong words

ever feel like you have a hero that you look up to your whole life growing up? well thats how I feel when I 1st Watch Power rangers with my brother and the only character we go nuts about is Jason David Frank Better Known As tommy oilver specially when hes Green Ranger Theme Song hits lol ,As years gone by I see him making comebacks after comebacks from MMPR,Zeo,Turbo,Dino Thunder,Forever Red,Super MegaForce Legendary Battle,Ninja Super Steel Team Up And even the premiere of Lord Drakkon in The Shattered Grid Comic series,This Man made he's mark and he's more than a power ranger,he's a childhood hero in real life So I Take My helmet off and say Thank you JDf for giving us a true reason to believe that there is a hero in all of us Jason David Frank May You Rest In Peace & May The Power Truly Protect You Forever & Always 😢🙏
September 4, 1973 - November 19, 2022

for more news click here
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/power-rangers-star-jason-david-frank-dead-49

I know it can be incredibly difficult, but if you or someone you know is struggling with depression or contemplating suicide, please, please call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800)273-TALK . There's a list of all the worldwide Suicide Prevention numbers in the slides.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:42:30 PM by supa2520 »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal