collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P. Kevin Conroy The Voice of The Dark Knight  (Read 416 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 09:54:19 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
R.I.P. Kevin Conroy The Voice of The Dark Knight
« on: November 11, 2022, 01:10:18 PM »

Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in multiple shows over the years, has died. He was 66.

Conroy’s death was announced by Diane Pershing, the voice of the DC character Poison Ivy, and confirmed by publicist Gary Miereanu, who said the actor had died Thursday (Nov. 10) after a “short battle with cancer.”

“Very sad news: our beloved voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy, died yesterday. He’s been ill for a while but he really put in a lot of time at the cons, to the joy of all of his fans. He will be sorely missed not just by the cast of the series but by his legion of fans all over the world,” Pershing shared on Facebook today.

Pershing included multiple photos of Conroy from over the years in her post, where she wrote, “Below are pictures of Kevin with Loren Lester who plays Robin another with me and and Tara Strong who is in the later episodes of Batman cartoons. And then finally, one of Kevin and me in front of the huge audiences we used to get when we did our panels. RIP, friend.😢”

In an obituary shared with Decider from Miereanu, Conroy’s costars remembered the actor for his talent and kindness. Mark Hamill, who played The Joker beside Conroy’s Batman, said of the late actor, “Kevin was perfection.”

“He was one of my favorite people on the planet, and I loved him like a brother. He truly
cared for the people around him – his decency shone through everything he did,” Hamill said. “Every time I saw him or spoke with him, my spirits were elevated.”

Hamill called Conroy “the definitive Batman,” describing him as “the exact right guy for the exact right part,” before adding, “He will always be my Batman.”

Conroy began his Batman career in 1992’s Batman: The Animated Series, in which he voiced the titular superhero for three years. He reprised his Batman role for 1993’s Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and went on to voice the character in multiple video games and, TV movies and series throughout the ’90s.

Conroy’s Batman credits include The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Tales of Metropolis, Batman and Harley Quinn, Justice League Action Shorts, Justice League Action, Justice League vs the Fatal Five and Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?.

His final Batman credit is listed on IMDb as the upcoming TV series Batman: Caped Crusader, which is currently filming. Conroy was set to play Thomas Wayne in the show, which is slated for a 2023 premiere.

Conroy is survived by his husband Vaughn C. Williams, sister Trisha Conroy and brother Tom
Conroy.

there many others that did it but there will never be a better voice of the dark knight like this man R.I.P. Kevin Conroy

fr more click here https://decider.com/2022/11/11/kevin-conroy-batman-voice-actor-dead-66/

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
Re: R.I.P. Kevin Conroy The Voice of The Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 03:18:30 PM »
RIP Ol' Classic yet the voice of the dark knight. Me and my bro used to watched the TAS and still holds up. Coincidence, i just finished the Beyond saga this year and boy.... What a series and a animated movie.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal