collapse

Author Topic: Ultra Street Fighter IV  (Read 42738 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Ultra Street Fighter IV
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »
==2013==
Welcome to Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Elena and an unkown 5th fighter!

==2012==
We are heading fast into 2012 with a slew of new updates for Street Fighter IV. Capcom has made the 13 page change log available now and you can download the entire document here:

Download official change guide

Official Trailer:

==2008==

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:25:57 AM by Acey »

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
im not complaining about the roster or the quality in details and graphics, but for the "first look" of everyone.
for me SF IV shoulded be as awesome graphicly as RE5, by example, or in defect, 2D!, instead of that i see a graphic  style that Capcom just...idn, i dont like it enough at this point. However, ill love it? sure i will! its gona be SF4!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
Bah, some of you guys are never happy. You haven't even tried it and are already saying you hate it. I'm sure it'll look way better in game. L-)

Anyway, It looks great, my only gripe is that some things look really bright. (Dhalsim screenies).
Looking good, I cant wait!

Also, for all the complainers about including the original SF2 cast... seriously stop. People wanted the original cast along with new ones. Despite people loving SF3, doesn't mean they enjoyed the cast of characters. There is only a select few characters from the SF3 roster that people liked and were popular like: Yun, Yang, Sean, Alex, Dudley, & Hugo. Everyone else just didn't cut it to most people. So, having all the popular charaters from SF2 & SF3 and some new characters is going to be awesome. Right now they are only confirming the SF2 characters first for the veterans, and the rest for later. Capcom isn't stupid when it comes to their games. They know what they are doing, and eveyone just prejudging SFIV is being pathetic. Just wait till the game is released and you actually played it.
^^(PM)^ I agree, especially that last part!

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »
im not complaining about the roster or the quality in details and graphics, but for the "first look" of everyone.
for me SF IV shoulded be as awesome graphicly as RE5, by example, or in defect, 2D!, instead of that i see a graphic  style that Capcom just...idn, i dont like it enough at this point. However, ill love it? sure i will! its gona be SF4!

The reason is doesn't look as awesome as RE5 graphically is because Capcom wants to get it on as many active systems as possible (Wii, DS, PS2, etc.) So, they're keeping the art style nice, yet simple.

And thanks, ZeroEX, glad someone does ;D

EDIT: Blanka & Zan...

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps04&page=1&num=38274&main=ps&find=&ftext=
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:48:52 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:41 PM »
http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps04&page=1&num=38274&main=ps&find=&ftext=

Wussup with the bottom pat under E.Honda & Dhalsim? Looks like they are talkin about all the SF's? I cant read it. Whats Giant Attack?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
Bah, some of you guys are never happy. You haven't even tried it and are already saying you hate it. I'm sure it'll look way better in game. L-)

Anyway, It looks great, my only gripe is that some things look really bright. (Dhalsim screenies).
Looking good, I cant wait!

Also, for all the complainers about including the original SF2 cast... seriously stop. People wanted the original cast along with new ones. Despite people loving SF3, doesn't mean they enjoyed the cast of characters. There is only a select few characters from the SF3 roster that people liked and were popular like: Yun, Yang, Sean, Alex, Dudley, & Hugo. Everyone else just didn't cut it to most people. So, having all the popular charaters from SF2 & SF3 and some new characters is going to be awesome. Right now they are only confirming the SF2 characters first for the veterans, and the rest for later. Capcom isn't stupid when it comes to their games. They know what they are doing, and eveyone just prejudging SFIV is being pathetic. Just wait till the game is released and you actually played it.
^^(PM)^ I agree, especially that last part!

Ditto, I cant wait for this game. I mean its street fighter for god sake, plus its most likely gonna have online play.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
In the end I think everyone is gonna give it a try and most likely have some fun with it, but the question is whether or not people are going to stick with it or just go back to their SF3, SFA and SF2 games. For those of us that are disappointed and b****ing about it, It's mainly because the game isn't 2D which It should have been, but Capcom knows that 2D doesn't sell anymore and the mainstream hate 2D altogether so they had no choice but to make it 3D. Capcom isn't going to be able to satisfy everyone with this game, there are going to be people that hate it and people that love it and those in between...this is just they way things are. Let's just hope they can manage some real competitive gameplay in this game so that it will have some staying power in arcades and start some serious tournaments.....here's hoping it can have a long life like SF2.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 09:22:54 AM »
hmm i got mixed reviews on this
only coz im a hardcore streetfighter fan i want it
but 3d is not really my thing but online will make up for it coz i get to fight u lot hehehe
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:30 AM »
*Reading Previous Posts*

I guess that makes me a "complainer". ;*)) But thats due to the repeating roster & graphics.

Honestly, I hope for the sake of SF that the gameplay & fight system are truely innovative. A stable SFO from Capcom would be nice, I cant deny that, but it really depends on the gameplay.

"nuff said"
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »
Hey, Capcom isn't a stupid company like SNK was in his last days (before turning into Playmore). They're kepting the main details of the game, so they will reveal in the last hour!

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »
i like the fact that it has the classic characters (so far)  but id like to see some of the alpha people and sf 3 people like guy, alex, sakura etc.  but i have a feeling that half of the characters are gonna be new. cause its a new sf game.  sf 1 2 3 and alpha all had new people to introduce.  when it comes to the graphics i say it looks tight i just hope that it isnt slow gameplay like tekken and virtual fighter. cause 3d obviously moves slower than 2d.  im glad there bringing classics.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:59:37 PM »
Quote from: Gore Whore
cause 3d obviously moves slower than 2d.  im glad there bringing classics.

That is not true, 2D lacks a lot of frames for moves to be as Fluid as 3D giving you a faster feeling but is actually a lack of work more than a lack of speed that makes you believe that.

They can't make a sprite for every movement so they cut frames, in 3D that is not needed since you are using models, and since you look at all the movements clearly you get a slower feeling even though the game can be as fast or faster, Soul Calibur is NOT Slow at all for example.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »
DAMN chun li's thies get bigger with every new game FTW  :D
I wouldnt have it any other way
XD
RIGHT VKM?
*waits for VKM*

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:40:21 PM »
1: the game doesn't look as good as RE5 because they aren't going for the hyper realistic look that most fighters go for. they WANT this to look like a fighting game.

2: giant attack was the tagline for one of the street fighter 3 games.

3: I say good riddance to the SFEX guys. most of them sucked HARD.

4: Zangief looks like a damn MONSTER there, which is awesome. I'm also glad guile is back, he looks great.

5: I'd love to see a lot of new people, but nothing like the one new person we've seen so far. she looks like a KOF reject.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
5: I'd love to see a lot of new people, but nothing like the one new person we've seen so far. she looks like a KOF reject.
lol, yeah she does xD

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:15:39 AM »
1: the game doesn't look as good as RE5 because they aren't going for the hyper realistic look that most fighters go for. they WANT this to look like a fighting game.

4: Zangief looks like a damn MONSTER there, which is awesome. I'm also glad guile is back, he looks great.

^^(PM)^

1: This is what we expect most.

3: Agreed. The same to many of the SF3 characters.

4: I just hope they make new moves to these old guys. Too many SF versions, ang Guile kept the same two moves. They sure need new moves!

5: What the  softhouses made these last years that wasn't a copy of others in some way? Let's just wait to see.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »

^^(PM)^

4: I just hope they make new moves to these old guys. Too many SF versions, ang Guile kept the same two moves. They sure need new moves!

5: What the  softhouses made these last years that wasn't a copy of others in some way? Let's just wait to see.

You're kidding, right?

Offline Yuri Jacobs

• Kyokugen Innovator & Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 29, 2019, 10:24:40 PM
  • I'm ready to fight!
    • BitChute
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »
Let's hope this is for real and not some rumor going around.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »

^^(PM)^

You're kidding, right?

I dunno, the newer guys just weren't as appealing to me.

I mean, street fighter two had a sumo wrestler, a communist, a boxer, an army man, two karate guys, an evil dictator, and a green guy.

street fighter EX had a superhero, fifteen karate guys, a demon, a terrorist with a gas mask and a taser, an indian zangief, and countless other oddities.

street fighter III had the hardy boyz, a robot in a trench coat, a blue guy with a big nose, an old man with one arm, and a guy in a diaper.

street fighter II:

street fighter EX:

street fighter III:

it just feels like they kind of lost the idea of what a street fighter character should be.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »
street fighter III had the hardy boyz, a robot in a trench coat, a blue guy with a big nose, an old man with one arm, and a guy in a diaper.

*lol* The Hardy Boyz.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

^^(PM)^

You're kidding, right?

I mean, street fighter two had a sumo wrestler, a communist, a boxer, an army man, two karate guys, an evil dictator, and a green guy.

street fighter EX had a superhero, fifteen karate guys, a demon, a terrorist with a gas mask and a taser, an indian zangief, and countless other oddities.

street fighter II:

street fighter EX:

street fighter III:

it just feels like they kind of lost the idea of what a street fighter character should be.

Oh, I thought you meant gameplay wise, cause I thought they played really well... well... most of em.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »

^^(PM)^

You're kidding, right?

street fighter II:

street fighter EX:

street fighter III:

Oh, I thought you meant gameplay wise, cause I thought they played really well... well... most of em.
Exactly what I meant. They doesn't look like... well, street fighters!

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
they all look fat. im getting reaaaaally disapointed with every single shot i see.. 8=|  a true shame

Agree'd. The graphics look really half-assed and the characters don't look cool. Capcom has the ability to do better (just look at DMC4, lol) but they choose not to. They're content with what they're doing because they KNOW people will buy it just because it says "Street Fighter" on the box.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:21 PM »
Looking at those screen shots, They Look Like Cell Shaded Action Figures!
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal