collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188036 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7800 on: December 12, 2011, 11:58:50 PM »
lol yeah there is manolo bro...its millions of them...just watch a youtube video on the insane combo infinites , the underhand tatics then study how they pull them off, go take in online play against their starter level plays, and bam unless those guys are studying the same guides and tatics..win. my 14 year old nephew can vouch for that cause thats how he learned. pratciced watching youtube vids. lol . gamers these days dont have an identy in fighting style anymore like we did years ago bro.  you had to seriously earn those wins to be cosidered a worthy player while watching the quarters get dropped in the slots till it was your turn. these days, instant gratification is required for new players to have a good fighting chance which is why its more pickup and play friendly but still has a learning curve to expolit the cheapnesses of certain characters and gameplay mechanics.

with the "code '' thing..yeah thats long gone. it hold true now still a bit in more 3d fighters like VF series and DOA and even a little in SF3 & SF4 series. it depends upon the players who employ them. i wont get that kind of thing with this generation of fighters like that. you do have to adapt but in a sense you lose your fighting idenity cause you have to conform to a new way to play thats mainstream in order to win. for instance bro manolo, remember when me and you would start off a match and you would use Amy... your first move before match would be able to start was to get close to me so when the fight started it was first hit gets the combo going and only defense was to be able to block before the start up frame commensed but as well at what focal point was your attack gonna be directed to block good enough and able to repell back to get my fight on.

thats not the old school way, the "code" way. that way was when you stood your stance ground and the cerebal mid game began of who was gonna jump first, flinch, when the bait and trap could began. now your able to start your rush in almost off the bat. there was a fighters respect code on the emphesis of true combat. jump in dish it out , counter , guard, counter attack , pressure but back off was conered to alloow mortal combat to flow. its called a Fair One.  :D

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7801 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »

I don't think there are that many cheap no skill spammers in live face-to-face play. They would have been killed by now...  \-/o

@ Kriven - I don't agree with what you said. Those cheap no skill tactics are there only to appeal to noobs and no skill players, just so Crapcom can make a buck on their sad lives...  :-w

@ Swiziga - Again, what characters were you using on that match?  :-??

@manalo dante, vergil, wesker. even if i got behind him with teleport i would still get hit by a missile which was enough for him to start a simple l, m, h, special and hidden missile teleport kick all over again. the most frustrating part is strider's teleport kick because even if i got a hyper combo to try and ko doom the kick is an over head that avoids all ground attacks and would hit me out of the hyper combo. that move has really annoyed me and even as an assist its cheap because its almost impossible to punish

@kriven are you serious? /:O

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7802 on: December 13, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
I'm completely serious. Video games aren't the same as real fighting. If the programmers included knives, feel free to bring them to the fight.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7803 on: December 13, 2011, 12:17:27 AM »
I'm completely serious. Video games aren't the same as real fighting. If the programmers included knives, feel free to bring them to the fight.
so you're saying there's no such thing as cheap tactics/spamming not even in mvc3?

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7804 on: December 13, 2011, 12:20:16 AM »
Not exactly. There are certain imbalances that are game-breaking, but I don't find spamming to be one of them.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7805 on: December 13, 2011, 12:21:10 AM »
Not exactly. There are certain imbalances that are game-breaking, but I don't find spamming to be one of them.
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie  wait ...what /:O

MVC3 and Ultimate is littered with imbalances. Moreso than ANY game i have ever played in my 30 years of fighting games playing. Spamming was NOT allowed in the arcade tournaments where i live. especially at the old Alladin Castle acrade. if you spammed attacks, instant boos and ya got labled a scrub. back then a scrub player wasnt someone who couldnt play well , it was someone who used spamming and corner burglering as a way to win. Its not really part of the creators whole gameplay design to do it but its the players choice to apply it.  Spamming = Scrubs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:33:21 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #7806 on: December 13, 2011, 12:42:39 AM »
I always thought he's capcom spy agent... :P jk
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #7807 on: December 13, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
Look man, I know you took hours to learn your combos and set-up and all that, but I'm better then you cause I mastered the ability to run away and mash  :2 :3 :6 +  :bp

On a side note: I don't have that  much problems with spamming... Except Dr. Doom.... he has a projectle for every situation...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:55:43 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7808 on: December 13, 2011, 12:54:48 AM »
Will someone cover any info thats released? I'm taking a family trip for 2 weeks where theirs no intenet or computer and games ~X(
So heres a some info on Heroes and Heralds mode before I leave.

later. Happy Holidays
(click to show/hide)
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7809 on: December 13, 2011, 02:14:53 AM »
so you're saying there's no such thing as cheap tactics/spamming not even in mvc3?

I thought it would be best to highlight this post. Marvel is a game where team composition and creativity are as key to winning as the actual gameplay. Every character is given a very powerful dynamic powerful set of tools and your goal is to pair those sets of tools together between 3 characters to achieve the goal of winning. So not just one but 3 sets of completely ridiculous toolsets. Sounds pretty cheap right? That's the goal.

Bottom line bitching about the existence of certain tools will only serve to hinder the process of beating them. You must approach everything in the game as something that must be beaten. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of everything you see and overcome. you gotta realize if YOU are weak against something the first step is is improving YOUR control over it. Actions win battles not small talk.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #7810 on: December 13, 2011, 02:32:10 AM »
@Yung Kratos: Well said.

I always thought he's capcom spy agent... :P jk

I sometimes wish I were. Then maybe I'd have some say in the rosters...

Chill Penguin for MvC4! Ah yeah!

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7811 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:45 AM »
@manalo dante, vergil, wesker. even if i got behind him with teleport i would still get hit by a missile which was enough for him to start a simple l, m, h, special and hidden missile teleport kick all over again. the most frustrating part is strider's teleport kick because even if i got a hyper combo to try and ko doom the kick is an over head that avoids all ground attacks and would hit me out of the hyper combo. that move has really annoyed me and even as an assist its cheap because its almost impossible to punish

That is a really good team. The only problem with it is that you don't have an assist that can help Wesker extend his combos, so you lose all that extra damage. Vergil's Judgment Cut assist could be used for that, but the timing is very tricky. You could also use Dante’s Weasel Shot assist, but you lose the great Jam Session assist... :-??

Anyway, you could have punished him with either one of those characters, especially since all of them have teleports, but to get close in that case you have to teleport above your opponent most of the time, not behind since Strider is too fast. Teleport above him, hitting high and then low, but mixing it up enough so you don't become predictable. Jam session was your best friend in that match since it appears quickly next to you and can punish Strider’s teleport. You should have called it every time he teleported and he would have been punished every time. Jam Session would have also protected you from Doom’s missiles...  ;D

Now, the most important thing is that you have to play a defensive game against that type of player until you find an opening. First, find and study the pattern. There usually is one. It will take you about 10 to 20 seconds, but it will be worth it. Strider's teleport hit can be blocked while standing, while jumping and even while crouching, and neither that nor Doom’s assist do much chip damage, so just block and study. After you figure it out, you will know when to hit.  ^-^

Also, besides Jam Session, Strider's teleport can be punished in two ways, one by using Standing S as soon as he teleports and the second way is by blocking it and hitting him right after. Since Strider's health is so low, punishing his teleport can drain his life quickly, especially if you follow the hit into a combo, which you can easily do with all three of your characters.  :cool

Doom's assist weakness is that you can predict when and where it will land, if you are used to it and will not hit you the closer you get to the side of the screen from where Doom came from. Keep moving forward.  8)

A good way to get rid of both would have been to punish Strider's teleport and as soon as you do, call a team hyper. If timed correctly, you can punish both at the same time. You could have also done the team hyper or just a regular hyper as soon as Strider teleported to catch him as soon as he appeared above you.  :P

The point is that as soon as Strider's health got low or you had gotten rid of him, the tables would have been turned, and if he was a good Doom user, you just had to watch out for that foot dive and then teleport behind him and punish him...  :thumbsup:

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7812 on: December 13, 2011, 04:52:53 AM »
Too long; didn't quote

Good lord man, you should like, write a book or do a DVD, or something....
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7813 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
HA! and you guys made fun of me for a whole year of how long i post :D . But manolo is very detailed, a true UMVC3 player right there. manolo is the undisputed new champ of posts! :D. Yo those are some great tactics Manolo :thumbsup:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:38:37 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7814 on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
Good lord man, yall should like, write a book or do a DVD, or something....

Yeah i dont really read anything any  more because of the novelist we have..........  (:|

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7815 on: December 13, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »

HATEEER !!!   :D

I was trying to help a friend and a UMvC3 comrade. Get of your strike and buy the game so we can relive old times...  :P

PS. You keep lurking in this thread so you know you want it... ;D

PSS. Did you know they did a tribute to Mega Man with some of the costumes...?? :DxDie

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7817 on: December 14, 2011, 12:47:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBDksrQU5s0&feature=g-u#

I was watching the Doom loop in this video and thinking to myself that the AI on Very Hard Arcade mode will never do that but guess what, I got the Doom looped just tonight by the AI, I was so excited to (almost) get my butt kicked.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7818 on: December 14, 2011, 01:34:33 AM »
I was watching the Doom loop in this video and thinking to myself that the AI on Very Hard Arcade mode will never do that but guess what, I got the Doom looped just tonight by the AI, I was so excited to (almost) get my butt kicked.

lol...By the way, loved video...  :D

Good find Swiziga... :thumbsup:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:38:37 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7819 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:45 AM »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7820 on: December 14, 2011, 01:44:10 AM »
im still hoping that the real doom becomes dlc lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7821 on: December 14, 2011, 02:28:01 AM »
im still hoping that the real doom becomes dlc lol
DOOM NEEDS MORE YOGURT

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7822 on: December 14, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
Don't know if this one was already posted, but it was pretty cool too...  :D

EDIT:

More info on H&H...  :w00t:

Heroes & Heralds: The online campaign

*http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/13/heroes__heralds:_the_online_campaign*

(click to show/hide)

Above: In this case, Team Heroes is winning the overall campaign. Note the progress bar - it will change throughout the week, depending on the current state of the campaign

Above: A Herald-colored Strider faces down Tron. Both are equipped with Ability Cards, displayed underneath their team icons. Notice how Strider's life bars are invisible!

Heroes & Heralds: The offline campaign

*http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/14/heroes__heralds:_the_offline_campaign*

(click to show/hide)

Above: Keep your eye on the Hit List to complete rows and unlock more stages. Once one Hit List is done, another takes its place

Above: Want quick access to the deck builder? Offline mode lets you alter the deck in between matches

and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw5qsMzFreU&feature=player_embedded#

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #7823 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
I think we of the IMT need to align ourselves to one side!

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #7824 on: December 14, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
I vote heroes. Shiny is distracting.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25