collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188057 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #6025 on: September 25, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
Lol, that would mean supporting one of my other main villians, Gamestop. Them nig's is full of crap too.

I agree bro...they are all EVIL !!!!!!!!   ~X(

...but we can't let them disturb the tradition. Our rivalry must go on for the sake of the universe. I time parallax disruptive continuum shift could shake the foundations of existence if we don't continue our rivalry through Ultimate Chocolate MvC3 and beyond.  :-SS

Do it for the children !!!!!!  \-/o

Easy pick up combos? Im havin a hard time even trying to hit DP and Manolo...
I say im good but truth to be told im terrible...

There is no way you are terrible bro. You are really good, but there are a few things that could make you a lot better.

1. You need to use your assist for cross ups, mix-ups, keep away and setups more often. I learned to use them a lot lately.

2. You are excellent with X-23. That is your best character. You need to use your assist to protect her or set her up.

3. Your Spencer is really good, but you rarely finish your combo into Bionic Arm, which would cause more damage at the end of a combo than by itself because of the hit count, so you miss out on killing a character with it sometimes. Look at the first fight of the video I posted below and you will see what I'm talking about in the first combo. You need to hit me one more time right after he grabs Tron from the ground and says: "In your face", in order to chain Bionic Arm. You would have crippled Tron if that would have hit and I would have had to take her out.

4. Your Ryu is also really good, but you need to find some other ways to get him in and start your combo. He has an overhead standing punch that can start combos that is used by most of the High Lords and Cosmic Lords I've been fighting lately. It is a pain because they use it in the middle of a combo when I have blocked their first toe hits, which makes it unblockable and then they continue from there. Look into it.

5. You usually use X-Factor too early, instead of saving it for your last character and use it at Level 3. You could cripple a whole team with it since it last so long.

Hope you take this as constructive criticism, since I mean no offense. I would love everyone to continue getting better so we can smack each other until we rage...  :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrkFIx5r8I&feature=channel_video_title#

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:29:56 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #6026 on: September 25, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
I know what Im doin, its just the very minor lag that makes me drop combos. Its almost impossible for me to pull of my monstrous combo with X23 due to the minor lag.

Ive known Ryu since SF2 and that overhead is quite useful but I never really find a time to use it since I always end up getting shot, divine weaponed, or Stand H'ed.

Its possible to chain the Bionic Arm correctly with Spencers Air M Wire Grapple. Its the the fact that the distance is too far.

If there was NO lag at all...i can guarantee ya I'll be far more difficult to beat. Besides, you've yet to see how I use Spencer and Ryu together in assists...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #6027 on: September 25, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
I don't see how MVC3 can be put below MVC2, the only thing MVC2 has going for it is nostalgia, had it been released in reverse order ( MVC3 first, then MVC2 ), then MVC2 would be deemed crap, it's just a trash can full of recycled 10 year old sprites and awfully broken gameplay.

MVC3 deserves a bit more credit than complaints for bad online, it's not that easy to stream 6 characters' data, combos and good graphics for a game running at 60 fps.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6028 on: September 25, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
I don't see how MVC3 can be put below MVC2, the only thing MVC2 has going for it is nostalgia, had it been released in reverse order ( MVC3 first, then MVC2 ), then MVC2 would be deemed crap, it's just a trash can full of recycled 10 year old sprites and awfully broken gameplay.

MVC3 deserves a bit more credit than complaints for bad online, it's not that easy to stream 6 characters' data, combos and good graphics for a game running at 60 fps.
i can agree with you on the mvc2 vs mvc3 but not with the online. its only 6 characters. games like call of duty have 12-18 people playing with animated scenery in the maps plus rendering of killstreaks without any lag problems. your connection can be fine and mvc3 still lags as if it were terrible. capcom made dead rising 2 with all those zombies on screen and ssf4 with all the fx and animated backgrounds, even though its only 2 chars onscreen the online is great.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:45:57 PM by Swiziga »

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #6029 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »
I know what Im doin, its just the very minor lag that makes me drop combos. Its almost impossible for me to pull of my monstrous combo with X23 due to the minor lag.

If there was NO lag at all...i can guarantee ya I'll be far more difficult to beat. Besides, you've yet to see how I use Spencer and Ryu together in assists...

I used to have that problem because I trained in the lagless setup and couldn't translate the timing to online play. Now I train with a little bit of lag in the setting and it works out great.   :)

I always play online, so I don't need lagless timing... :-??

PS. I am looking forward to your new Ryu/ Spencer strategy. You gotta see some of my new stuff as well...  ;D

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6030 on: September 25, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
Separated form my last post because i added more and wanted it to be less of a wall of text

mvc would be great if it had no infinites, no xfactor and mvc2 button set up and use L2, R2 to switch out characters. mvc2 and mvc3 both have something that bother me. mvc2 has infinites which are extremely annoying. and the thing about them is they turn matches from something normal to who can land the first hit to start their infinite loop to win the match. the combo system should work like street fighter in which your combo is forcefully ended when it reaches a certain amount of hits. mvc3 has xfactor which i hate because you can have a match won but someone use xfactor with hulk and or darkphoenix and there's nothing you can do about it they will destroy your team with little effort. and xfactor also lets some chars use infinites. i remember seeing one done with x23. other than the people i play against here everyone else online use xfactor to spam projectiles and assist that will most likely ko you off of chip damage. the thing that bothers me is capcom doesnt even attempt to fix these things. their solution was "hey lets just give everyone less health" :-w idk how that makes things better i dont think they reduced damage for guys like hulk so that actually makes things worse :-?? matches will be over before they start

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6031 on: September 25, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
I'm not a qualified judge on MvC2 vs MvC3, as I never even played 2. (GASP) I played MvC like crazy the second I got it on PSX, but never went ahead and got 2.

So from my stand point MvC3 is a great game. Sometimes it feels a little short on features, but as a fighter itself it is great.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6032 on: September 25, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
Separated form my last post because i added more and wanted it to be less of a wall of text

mvc would be great if it had no infinites, no xfactor and mvc2 button set up and use L2, R2 to switch out characters. mvc2 and mvc3 both have something that bother me. mvc2 has infinites which are extremely annoying. and the thing about them is they turn matches from something normal to who can land the first hit to start their infinite loop to win the match. the combo system should work like street fighter in which your combo is forcefully ended when it reaches a certain amount of hits. mvc3 has xfactor which i hate because you can have a match won but someone use xfactor with hulk and or darkphoenix and there's nothing you can do about it they will destroy your team with little effort. and xfactor also lets some chars use infinites. i remember seeing one done with x23. other than the people i play against here everyone else online use xfactor to spam projectiles and assist that will most likely ko you off of chip damage. the thing that bothers me is capcom doesnt even attempt to fix these things. their solution was "hey lets just give everyone less health" :-w idk how that makes things better i dont think they reduced damage for guys like hulk so that actually makes things worse :-?? matches will be over before they start

:-"

Simple solution to X-Factor...
If both players agree, use it at the start of the match and wait for both players X-factor to run out...
There ya go...fair match...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6033 on: September 25, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
lets do that in future lobbies
edit: lol dcl i wasnt talking about you i was talking about this video :D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:05:58 PM by Swiziga »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6034 on: September 25, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »
Shadaloo Approved! :thumbsup:
DCL and I do that before every match anyway.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6035 on: September 25, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
Eh, I think the idea that X Factor is unfair, would only be valid if only one player had it. Every time I've used it, opponents do, too and vice-versa. It evens out, especially since whoever is trying the 'comeback' with X-Factor probably has less super that the person who is countering.

I will give that X-Factor-23 is a deadly creature though. :D

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #6036 on: September 25, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
I think X-Factor is only bad when you let it be bad.

How bout that?

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6037 on: September 25, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »
I think X-Factor is only bad when you let it be bad.

How bout that?
try fighting dark phoenix xfactored its a pointless effort unless you're manolo ;*))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:32:37 PM by Swiziga »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #6038 on: September 25, 2011, 06:42:30 PM »
try fighting dark phoenix xfactored its a pointless effort unless you're manolo ;*))
You're fault for killing Phoenix at that point in time  :P

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6039 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
lets do that in future lobbies
edit: lol dcl i wasnt talking about you i was talking about this video :D

Yeah Ive done that loop once online long ago...I think it was against DP...

By the way...

(click to show/hide)

Post Merge: September 25, 2011, 06:57:32 PM
You're fault for killing Phoenix at that point in time  :P

Well first off lets say this is the situation...

Your opponent gets 5 bars fast because of Down Team Air Combo...which means if ya dont counter em, youre done for...
The phoenix user WILL be expecting you to KO phoenix just to turn her Dark and use her later (assuming the other 2 partners are still alive). You can snap her out, but your opponent will just run away to try and get her back in. Its really annoying yet very risky too. Your opponent is basically depending it all on Dark Phoenix to win, not only do I find that somewhat insane but also very sad...

Some are saying it takes real skill to use Dark Phoenix...the only skill you need is to learn how to run away when needed. Once she's Dark Phoenix, just use X-Factor and spam away...its literally that simple...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:57:32 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6040 on: September 25, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ not only that but she can also heal herself. she controls the screen with projectiles and can win off chip damage alone

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6041 on: September 25, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »

You make it sound like I'm an MvC3 King Beast... lol

Anyway, I can only really kill X-Factor Dark Phoenix with Wesker or Dante. I've killed her with Chun Li, Amy, Hulk and Sentinel also, but it's not as common as with those two... :-??

The reason that is easier with Wesker and Dante is because they can both teleport and their hypers cover great distance. Wesker also has a hyper counter that can kill her with one hit and Dante has the forward H sword hit that can be cancelled into the guitar or a teleport after doing advanced guard. It is not easy by any means, but it is a good fighting chance for me. I can get her at least 50% of the time. That is why my Ranked Matches teams are Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante/ or Sentinel, since I can cripple the other player with Sentinel on my team before they get the 5 bars. I do one match with one team and the next with the other... ;D

@ DCL - I completely agree with everything you said about Dark Phoenix... :thumbsup:

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6042 on: September 25, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
i hate dark pheonix...but not as much as Manolo wesker and dog. lol

bummer my copy of mvc3 died when i finially got a win.  i think gangsta luxury bewitched my game that day.  \-/o

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6043 on: September 25, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »
i hate dark pheonix...but not as much as Manolo wesker and dog. lol

bummer my copy of mvc3 died when i finially got a win.  i think gangsta luxury bewitched my game that day.  \-/o

:DxDie :D :DxDie

You are yet to see my other teams. The last time I played you I hadn't even started using Tron Bonne, Chun Li, Hulk or Sentinel. I wasn't even using Wesker and Amy like I do now... ;D

Just tonight I decided to include my Hulk, Sentinel and Wesker team in Ranked Matches, and the first time I used it I crippled this guy's team. I cornered him and really destroyed him. In the next Ranked Match I decided to use my Amaterasu, Wesker and Sentinel team. It happened to be against the same guy and I totally smacked him again. He then sent me a message saying: "Damn bro !!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares !!!!!" lol

I'm still LMAO !!!  :DxDie :D :DxDie

PS. Fighting High Lords and Cosmic Lords shows me how much more I need to learn in this game. Their cross-ups and mix-ups are insane, not to mention the combos that come after. I'm learning a lot from those matches, but I've yet to win one against any of them... /:O

The only way I'm getting closer to getting back my 4th Lord status is by winning against the other Ranks. Those High and Cosmic Lords can really make you cry... :'(

PSS. You better buy Ultimate bro... :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6044 on: September 25, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »
the are Lords  ranks in this game? duuude i am stayin far away from those guys, i played beginers and they otged the death out of me so i can imagine what a 4th lord would do.  :-SS :'(

lol yeah i am gonna by...gulp....umvc3. only because i wanna play people and play as ghost rider.  i have to test my luck again against Gangsta Luxury to see if my win was a fluke , act of god or my Witchcraft and Spells for Dummies book actually came in handy and worked. lol

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6045 on: September 25, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
Man, Lando, I wish I could play against you... You plan on getting a Vita?

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6046 on: September 25, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
LMAO
I googled "how to beat wesker mvc3" (no quotes)
and manolo's video was first on the web search. :D

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6047 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
i plan on getting a vita when 320 bucks is givin to me by aliens from planet ...WUT!

lol seriously i think i will get one. lol

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6048 on: September 25, 2011, 10:15:09 PM »
Alright! Portable Lando fights! lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6049 on: September 25, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
LMAO
I googled "how to beat wesker mvc3" (no quotes)
and manolo's video was first on the web search. :D

you are serious? :o

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal