collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188083 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5825 on: September 15, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
It's the training stage.

Also: I don't get this "Virgil is a clone of dante" business. Manolo, you play dante, when was the last time you did all the floating sword moves?

You guy's are all just mad because x character didn't get in but another DMC character did. I mean come on, unless your blind/ never ever played as dante you'd notice that virgil isn't the same. But whatever, you people just complain for the sake of complaining.

I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like "you guys are just mad", although that usually is the case. Here it's just that Capcom said they don't want to have clones in this game, e.g. Ryu and Ken. I called Vergil a Dante clone because of...

* Ground normals looks like Dante's, especailly since he has a big phat sword
* Jump normals looks like Dante's
* Jumping special looks like and has the same properties as Dante's
* His spin attack looks just like  Dante's "Revolver" (D,B, M)
* Hyper - Devil Trigger
* Hyper - Devil Must Die (Virgil also has knifes at the end of it)
* He looks like a Blue Dante

* Conversly, he also has an air hyper (Wesker-ish) and a hyper where is is surrounded by blue light, so apprently Virgil has 4 hypers?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5826 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like "you guys are just mad", although that usually is the case. Here it's just that Capcom said they don't want to have clones in this game, e.g. Ryu and Ken. I called Vergil a Dante clone because of...

* Ground normals looks like Dante's, especailly since he has a big phat sword
* Jump normals looks like Dante's
* Jumping special looks like and has the same properties as Dante's
* His spin attack looks just like  Dante's "Revolver" (D,B, M)
* Hyper - Devil Trigger
* Hyper - Devil Must Die (Virgil also has knifes at the end of it)
* He looks like a Blue Dante

- his normal aren't dante's normals, though, they look similier cause they're both from the same game.
- same thing
- this is because they both had beowulf and Vergil had that sword dante has in DMC 1 at the end of the game, so it stands to reason they'd have some shared moves.
- yeah, okay.
- that's cause he could do it in source game.
- huh? I don't remeber dante having any other hypers that were the same? which one is this?
-they're identical twins for christ's sake.

yeah you're right about those things, but it's because they come from the same game and share some moves in DMC3, trust me if he didn't have everything thing he could do in DMC3, DMC fans would be mad. (I know two of them, one of them is getting this game solely to play as vergil.) He should have a few more moves we haven't seen yet. If he's anything like source game, anyway.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #5827 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
Hmm before I speak on the matter...yea it's me. I disagree with you Acey on the fact that Vergil is a Dante clone. Here is why:

* Vergil has no guns

* No bold cancel (this one I am unsure about)

* Different Beowulf moves

* Devil trigger is of course gonna be there so thats not really a clone fact imo because it was unavoidable

* Jumping normals don't look like Dante's (take a slightly closer look and you will see what I mean)

* Vergil only has 1 or 2 ground normal that we know thats the same as Dante's

* His WHOLE fighting style and gameplay is different that Dante's

There are more things I could list but this is all I pretty much care to post at this time. In my opinion, the things that you based Vergil being a clone of Dante off of are a tad nitpicky and really kinda minor. I don't believe that is anywhere close to classifying Vergil as a clone. Look at Dante and look at Vergil then compare the gameplay and normals and move sets (that we do know) then I can 100% guarantee you will change your mind.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 08:25:46 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5828 on: September 15, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
Simple, it's just so no skill people that stick to Ryu and just do Hadoken/ Shoryuken spamming combos get more cheap moves to spam with... :-??

You mean like Wesker? All people have to do is shot the gun, teleport, repeat. Spamming Hadoukens doesnt take no skill either, but one fatal flaw to that is they'll be easily caught in any long ranged super that can through projectiles or basically destroys any projectiles.

Example: Bionic Arm, Weapon X Prime, Hyper Charging Star, Any Long Ranged Level 3s

Ryu can't teleport after a hadouken anyways. Basically, Ryu's Threat Level just went through the roof.

Hmm before I speak on the matter...yea it's me. I disagree with you Acey on the fact that Vergil is a Dante clone. Here is why:

* Vergil has no guns

* No bold cancel (this one I am unsure about)

* Different Beowulf moves

* Devil trigger is of course gonna be there so thats not really a clone fact imo because it was unavoidable

* Jumping normals don't look like Dante's (take a slightly closer look and you will see what I mean)

* Vergil only has 1 or 2 ground normal that we know thats the same as Dante's

* His WHOLE fighting style and gameplay is different that Dante's

There are more things I could list but this is all I pretty much care to post at this time. In my opinion, the things that you based Vergil being a clone of Dante off of are a tad nitpicky and really kinda minor. I don't believe that is anywhere close to classifying Vergil as a clone. Look at Dante and look at Vergil then compare the gameplay and normals and move sets (that we do know) then I can 100% guarantee you will change your mind.
^^(PM)^
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #5829 on: September 15, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
You mean like Wesker? All people have to do is shot the gun, teleport, repeat. Spamming Hadoukens doesnt take no skill either, but one fatal flaw to that is they'll be easily caught in any long ranged super that can through projectiles or basically destroys any projectiles.

Example: Bionic Arm, Weapon X Prime, Hyper Charging Star, Any Long Ranged Level 3s

Ryu can't teleport after a hadouken anyways. Basically, Ryu's Threat Level just went through the roof.
 ^^(PM)^
Yes you are right about Ryu. In the current game, Ryu's fireballs are really near useless because they are slow and easily avoidable. Plus Ryu wants to TRY to spam fireballs...lol just let him and punish him EVERY time he think s that is a safe route to take. I am glad Ryu got upgraded though I will NEVER play the character unless I want to joke around.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5830 on: September 15, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
Yes you are right about Ryu. In the current game, Ryu's fireballs are really near useless because they are slow and easily avoidable. Plus Ryu wants to TRY to spam fireballs...lol just let him and punish him EVERY time he think s that is a safe route to take. I am glad Ryu got upgraded though I will NEVER play the character unless I want to joke around.

^^(PM)^

Also, I've played as Ryu a lot...and I mean a lot...(Ive used X23 more though lol) so I know the dangers of using a Hadouken from far.

Wesker's Gun can easily hit Ryu first maybe even before he gets a chance to throw the hadouken. Plus it goes RIGHT ABOVE the hadouken. Which means Ryu will get hit no matter what...just imagine if he was able to shoot upward...
Trish's Low Voltage H can stop Ryu's Hadouken, and yet STILL have 1 extra projectile (top one).
Magnus's E.M. Disruptor goes real fast and can easily stop a Hadouken (in Vanilla Mvc3, looks like it got slowed down in Chocolate MvC3)
Zero's Hadangeki H can stop Ryu's Hadouken, the Weaker versions get destroyed and the Hadouken keeps going
Sentinel's Rocket Punch cancels out the Hadouken...which I have no idea why.....
Sentinel Force can stop a hadouken and STILL have one more charging.
Ironman's Unibeam M or H will just obliterate any Hadouken like projectile...
Taskmaster's full charged Aim Master will stop the hadouken and have ONE extra arrow left to hit Ryu

Theres a lot more...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #5831 on: September 15, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Yes there is definitely lol. Man in UMVC3 I will definitely profess my love for my favorite character Fei Long by picking up Iron Fist on one of my many future teams. I am so going all in on everyone I can. Something tells me that Rocket Raccoon is gonna be hella cheap.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5832 on: September 15, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »

^^(PM)^

I was talking about Ryu and even Akuma users that only do Hadoken/Shoryuken/Tatsu spamming keep aways...such losers...  L-)

I hate spamming and if you guys think that Ryu's fireballs are slow and avoidable, think again. They are not easy when your whole team has no projectiles, especially if I am using Dante, Hulk, Tron Bonne, Chun Li or Wesker. The other difference is that you CAN spam special moves and assist, but you CAN'T spam hypers, not even long range hypers, so that statement is inaccurate, and that doesn't help against a cheap no skill spammer. I don't even use Amaterasu's or Deadpool's projectiles because I find them cheap. I could, but I choose not to, even against spammers. I rather earn wins with combos and not spamming. I also prefer to beat them and embarrass them up close.  :P

Also, I don't mind Wesker's gun/teleport move because I know how to counter it. I actually learned to do it from GLux and my friend TailSpin. It is useless against them. Anyway, I still use it, as I use his other teleports without the gun, but the difference between that and the Ryu spammers is that Wesker's gun/teleport is used to get close and set up a combo, not to keep away and stay away to spam some more.  [-X

I just had some amazing fights the other night, which I recorded, against this guy who uses Wesker almost exactly like I do, even better I should say, and we went toe to toe. I didn't complain about it. It was a great challenge. I loved it and learned a lot from it.  :cool

The bottom-line is, there was no need for Ryu to get buffed and Wesker to get nerfed. It only happened to please no skill people that can't figure out how to counter up close and personal. No offence to anyone, but those are my two cents... :-??

PS. Wesker's gun doesn't go over Ryu's fireball. Believe me, I've tried...   [-X

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #5833 on: September 15, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
Wesker nerf was well deserved for many reasons and to be honest he didn't get nerfed all that bad. Not even gonna get into those reasons just yet. If you have Dante TELEPORT, If you Hulk GAMMA WAVE or super jump (your choice) or use assist to close in, Chun Li dude you have 3 jumpsand and an air dash.....33333333, If you have Tron then use assist or hyper jump or block (firebal chip isn't insane or move in closer (don't dash or air dash right into a freball, If you have Wesker TELEPORT! But seriously dude all those characters you named have ways around a hadouken. I play Haggar....frickin Hagger adn I have no projectile yet I can close the gap give Ryu the "I wish you would throw a hadouken and get piped look". I can get past it with all the characters you mentioned. I play against an extremely good Dorammamu player with my Haggar and that match is HELL for me but I can still close the gap. Yes I understand your frustration with ppl that sit back and spam but they do it to get you frustrated so that you will make a mistake. Even with all the hit and run techniques out there like for Deadpool and few others there are ways around it. Keep trying and i promise you figure it out. Amaterasu is annoying but not cheap and the same goes for Deadpool. There are holes in the games of both characters....you just have to find them and once you do then yeah its gg.

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5834 on: September 15, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Wesker nerf was well deserved for many reasons and to be honest he didn't get nerfed all that bad. Not even gonna get into those reasons just yet. If you have Dante TELEPORT, If you Hulk GAMMA WAVE or super jump (your choice) or use assist to close in, Chun Li dude you have 3 jumpsand and an air dash.....33333333, If you have Tron then use assist or hyper jump or block (firebal chip isn't insane or move in closer (don't dash or air dash right into a freball, If you have Wesker TELEPORT! But seriously dude all those characters you named have ways around a hadouken. I play Haggar....frickin Hagger adn I have no projectile yet I can close the gap give Ryu the "I wish you would throw a hadouken and get piped look". I can get past it with all the characters you mentioned. I play against an extremely good Dorammamu player with my Haggar and that match is HELL for me but I can still close the gap. Yes I understand your frustration with ppl that sit back and spam but they do it to get you frustrated so that you will make a mistake. Even with all the hit and run techniques out there like for Deadpool and few others there are ways around it. Keep trying and i promise you figure it out. Amaterasu is annoying but not cheap and the same goes for Deadpool. There are holes in the games of both characters....you just have to find them and once you do then yeah its gg.

Gaijin, I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say. You haven't played against me yet, so I guess I understand where you are coming from.

I am not frustrated with Ryu or Akuma spammers. In fact, I rarely loose to them. I don't have a problem getting through the fireball spamming either, with any of the characters mentioned. I have tons of ways to cripple a Hadoken/Shoryuken spamming strategy. I just think it's a no skill cheap tactic that deserves no respect.

I don't spam and I hate spamming. I could stand in one place and spam Wesker's gun all day long and use Magneto's or Doom's assists to add to the spamming, but that is just plain cheap.

Do I use Wesker's teleports? Of course I do. Do I use his gun/teleport move? Yes. But it is easily countered, so I have to know when to do it. I also get up close and personal and combo my way into wins after those teleports.

Again, my complaint is that there are players that just spam their way into wins and then think they are great. I just think they are pathetic...

Post Merge: September 15, 2011, 02:41:06 PM

EDIT:

Dante's teleport is useless against skilled blocking players and Hulk's Gamma Wave needs to be charged, so those are not good strategies to counter spamming. Also, it is better to single jump dash over fireball spamming with Chun Li, than it is to Super Jump. You can close the gap quick and punish...

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5835 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »

what in the world is going on in here? I leave for a few hours and find everyone upset? *exhales* well I guess I should leave more often then, I like the chaos thats unfolding here  ;D
Just kidding  ^-^ or am I  >:D

Here's some pics that were on eventhubs...

You all gonna complain saying that Nova is copying storm's Heavy attack? They are the same except her's has lightning

The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5836 on: September 15, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
what in the world is going on in here? I leave for a few hours and find everyone upset? *exhales* well I guess I should leave more often then, I like the chaos thats unfolding here  ;D
Just kidding  ^-^ or am I  >:D

Here's some pics that were on eventhubs...

You all gonna complain saying that Nova is copying storm's Heavy attack? They are the same except her's has lightning

Another clone.?.?.?.?.? I'm gonna go BALLISTIC !!!  :o

PS. I don't think anybody is upset or mad here. I for one never get mad, upset or offended. We are just discussing opinions and strategies. At least, that's the way I see it...  :-??

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5837 on: September 15, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

Nova is a Storm Clone? Oh no!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5838 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »
Oh just because Nova copies ONE more from Storm, he's a clone of her.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:22:30 PM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5840 on: September 15, 2011, 03:11:56 PM »
Oh just because Nova copies ONE more from Storm, he's a clone of her.

YES !!!  \-/o

Just messing around...  :DxDie :D :DxDie

PS. It would suck if we get another clone though... /:O

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:38:37 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #5841 on: September 15, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
^^(PM)^

Nova is a Storm Clone? Oh no!
oh come on its just one screen shot. At least wait fire the video.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5842 on: September 15, 2011, 03:33:04 PM »
oh come on its just one screen shot. At least wait fire the video.
That's what I said.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #5843 on: September 15, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Gaijin, I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say. You haven't played against me yet, so I guess I understand where you are coming from.

I am not frustrated with Ryu or Akuma spammers. In fact, I rarely loose to them. I don't have a problem getting through the fireball spamming either, with any of the characters mentioned. I have tons of ways to cripple a Hadoken/Shoryuken spamming strategy. I just think it's a no skill cheap tactic that deserves no respect.

I don't spam and I hate spamming. I could stand in one place and spam Wesker's gun all day long and use Magneto's or Doom's assists to add to the spamming, but that is just plain cheap.

Do I use Wesker's teleports? Of course I do. Do I use his gun/teleport move? Yes. But it is easily countered, so I have to know when to do it. I also get up close and personal and combo my way into wins after those teleports.

Again, my complaint is that there are players that just spam their way into wins and then think they are great. I just think they are pathetic...

Post Merge: September 15, 2011, 02:41:06 PM

EDIT:

Dante's teleport is useless against skilled blocking players and Hulk's Gamma Wave needs to be charged, so those are not good strategies to counter spamming. Also, it is better to single jump dash over fireball spamming with Chun Li, than it is to Super Jump. You can close the gap quick and punish...

Actually I think I have played you. You had that Phoenix team right? I played you when I got back into playing again. And yes you are right about me misunderstanding what you were saying. I agree spamming people that do so to victory and think they are good are showing no skill but also it is a two way street. There are those that spam just to spam and there are those that play the keep away game intelligently as defensive barrier to keep you from getting in. Me personally if I know my character has extremely low health then of course I am not going to let you get in on me so I will spam to keep you away while moving myself into a better position to go on the offensive and get in a combo. If you got someone block Dante's teleport shenanigans then thats a good thing. If they are block then the ball is in your court and it is up to you to break their defense. Even though Hulk's move needs to be charge it can counter spamming ground projectiles like no other

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5844 on: September 15, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
and Hulk's Gamma Wave needs to be charged, so those are not good strategies to counter spamming.

Charge moves are the easiest to counter spamming (or counter with, in fact.) because you can input them immediatly after a block due to blocking counting for the charge back input.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5845 on: September 15, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
So much arguing...it doesnt matter, we just know the facts already, denying proves nothing. Its marvel vs capcom you cant question it...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5846 on: September 15, 2011, 04:22:04 PM »
...Its marvel vs capcom you cant question it...

You have no idea the power of that statement.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5847 on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:31 PM »
Actually I think I have played you. You had that Phoenix team right? I played you when I got back into playing again. And yes you are right about me misunderstanding what you were saying. I agree spamming people that do so to victory and think they are good are showing no skill but also it is a two way street. There are those that spam just to spam and there are those that play the keep away game intelligently as defensive barrier to keep you from getting in. Me personally if I know my character has extremely low health then of course I am not going to let you get in on me so I will spam to keep you away while moving myself into a better position to go on the offensive and get in a combo. If you got someone block Dante's teleport shenanigans then thats a good thing. If they are block then the ball is in your court and it is up to you to break their defense. Even though Hulk's move needs to be charge it can counter spamming ground projectiles like no other

I think you are mistaking me for Dead Phoenix. I don't use Phoenix and have never used her, at least...not yet...  >:D

PS. I'm pretty sure we have never played, but I am ready to meet you in battle...  :thumbsup:

Charge moves are the easiest to counter spamming (or counter with, in fact.) because you can input them immediatly after a block due to blocking counting for the charge back input.

Not really good against a spamming special move/assist bundle strategy, such as Dormammu's projectile, while using Doom's assist, or Magneto's Disruptor, or Arthur bundled with any of those, etc. Those are too fast to counter with charge moves. By the time you do your move, you've been spammed several times and will loose life on chip damage...  :-??

So much arguing...it doesnt matter, we just know the facts already, denying proves nothing. Its marvel vs capcom you cant question it...

I have no idea what you were referring to by "denying". Please explain...  :-??

You have no idea the power of that statement.

That is sooo true...  :DxDie :D :DxDie

Offline OrangeLightning

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2018, 01:58:49 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5848 on: September 15, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
Phoenix Wright hype!

Source from court-records.net

Possible gameplay footage will follow soon but only this screenshot found.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5849 on: September 15, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
Phoenix Wright hype!

Source from court-records.net

Possible gameplay footage will follow soon but only this screenshot found.

Are you referring to what it seems to be his portrait in the top right corner?  :-??

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal