collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188090 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5750 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »

That is great news about Wolverine. That move is very fast and totally abused, and you couldn't do anything but block and wait for the string of attacks to counter, unless you had an assist like Haggar or Tron... :-??

lol, I can't even remember the last time I used a dive kick.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5751 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
Well he IS the Incredible Hulk

That reminds me of what someone at capcom said. Magneto had been changed to make him similar to his comic self. So he's not in your face character, but one who punishes you when you get close. So if they did decide to make him more cannon why not the other characters? Though I guess it would sorta turn into an unbalanced Mugen game then. Over power Galactus anyone or even more insainly Phoenix lol

Not to mention Hulk is even strong enough to take out Thor all by himself (with level 1 X-factor). I still prefer just 1 hit super armor. Sentinel is broken enough, Im truly hoping they dont do the same to Hulk.
Sorry to make you mad but sentinel, well...
Cr.M now has 3 hits of super armor. Launcher has hyper armor
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 08:25:46 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5752 on: September 12, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »

That's why we got Nemesis......
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5753 on: September 12, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »

<_<|...|

Not to mention Hulk is even strong enough to take out Thor all by himself (with level 1 X-factor). I still prefer just 1 hit super armor. Sentinel is broken enough, Im truly hoping they dont do the same to Hulk.

I have to agree...

I'm more worried about Nemesis then Sentinel or Hulk.

I have to agree as well...

lol, I can't even remember the last time I used a dive kick.

You my friend are a rare breed. Although, the best Wolverine users rarely use the dive kick. They use his crossover move to hit from behind and lift the opponent for a juggle combo into his double OTG nightmare... @^@

Dang !!!  ???

That's why we got Nemesis......

Double Dang !!! I need to add him to my team ASAP !!!  :o

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5754 on: September 12, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »
Hulk...Nuff' Said.....
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #5755 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
17:43 "Hulk is actually powered up in UMvC3"

Yeah when I heard that me and my Wolverine both cringed at the same time. (Everyone stop listening, but my Wolverine has struggled against Hulk since MvC1, luckily my Hulk-slayer, Strider, is back!)

I don't use dive kick, normally. Not really because I'm fantastic, but because I normally just try something else (drill claw usually).

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5756 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
Do you all consider my Phoenix cheap or Philipino Champ's Phoenix? lol
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5757 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
Do you all consider my Phoenix cheap or Philipino Champ's Phoenix? lol

Nope, cause Phoenix fails...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5758 on: September 12, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
(click to show/hide)

This Phoenix kill of mine is way better...  ;D

PS. Good Hulk combo...  :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DWCRCBhYBc&feature=channel_video_title#

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #5759 on: September 12, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
17:43 "Hulk is actually powered up in UMvC3"

:DxDie

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5760 on: September 12, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »
(click to show/hide)
:|*walks out with head down*

This Phoenix kill of mine is way better...  ;D

PS. Good Hulk combo...  :thumbsup:

:(
But in all seriousness am I cheap like Champ? out of all the matches, have I  been cheap? It's bugging me because some jerk said I played cheap and went herp derp with Phoenix.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5761 on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »

But in all seriousness am I cheap like Champ? out of all the matches, have I  been cheap? It's bugging me because some jerk said I played cheap and went herp derp with Phoenix.

Are you a cheap Phoenix user?

To be honest, NO, since you don't stand in one place and shoot fireballs waiting to win with the chips; but to me, Dark Phoenix is a cheap character to begin with. She is sooo hard to kill, and can even kill you with chips without even doing a combo. That is very cheap in my opinion and gives anyone a huge advantage, whether they are a novice or expert...  :-??

Now, I consider Viscant to be one of the best Phoenix users, as proven by this year's Evo grand finals, which I included below. In my opinion, although he is a great Wesker and Haggar user, I think he won because of Dark Phoenix and still consider PR Balrog the true champ and the better player. Maybe that is why PR Balrog didn't shake Viscant's hand at the end...  :O*D

I also consider Haggar's assist, Tron's assist and Hsien-ko's no-hitstun assist very cheap, since you can't hit them once they come out. That is why they are nerfing all of them...  ;D

Post Merge: September 12, 2011, 11:51:14 PM

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that the biggest reason I consider Dark Phoenix cheap is because she can keep you cornered and chip you to death even if you are blocking. Now, even when the Dark Phoenix user combos with her, there is sooo much flame left behind that is very difficult to counter without getting hit and then killed by a follow up combo, fireball or hyper, so the window to kill Dark Phoenix is sooo little that is not fair, no matter how much health she has, even if it's 3 hits worth...  [-X

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love to fight her though...  ^-^

Post Merge: September 12, 2011, 11:54:21 PM

EDIT 2:

Forgot to mention that characters without teleports or long range attacks, and specially slow characters, stand very little chance to kill her...   :-w

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:54:34 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5762 on: September 13, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
snip

Cool thanks Manolo, now I can play without feeling too guilty  ;*)).
But viscant knew what characters to use. He had been leaning everything in the game and even made a video with Gooteks and Mike Ross that gives away everything he did at Evo, though the Hagger assist wasn't in the vid so he must have kept it to himself or just picked him up before Evo. the combo's and tricks he did with Wesker and Phoenix are in that vid. If PR didn't see it then maybe he should take a look at it now.
But the reason I think he didn't shake Viscant's hand was because he lost. plain and simple. PR got his taunt in when he beat Viscant the first set of matches, and with the Tron Lvl 3, he got excited. Now if you look at Viscant, he knew it wasn't over, and the next set of matches blew PR away.
I'd be pissed off too if that happened, especially after the little victory dance he did when he reseted the matchess.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5763 on: September 13, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
Cool thanks Manolo, now I can play without feeling too guilty  ;*)).
But viscant knew what characters to use. He had been leaning everything in the game and even made a video with Gooteks and Mike Ross that gives away everything he did at Evo, though the Hagger assist wasn't in the vid so he must have kept it to himself or just picked him up before Evo. the combo's and tricks he did with Wesker and Phoenix are in that vid. If PR didn't see it then maybe he should take a look at it now.
But the reason I think he didn't shake Viscant's hand was because he lost. plain and simple. PR got his taunt in when he beat Viscant the first set of matches, and with the Tron Lvl 3, he got excited. Now if you look at Viscant, he knew it wasn't over, and the next set of matches blew PR away.
I'd be pissed off too if that happened, especially after the little victory dance he did when he reseted the matchess.

I have to agree to disagree on that handshake, but no worries...  :D

Anyway, again, I don't mind Phoenix, as long as you let me know in advance. I need Dante and Wesker in the team to have at least two chances against Dark Phoenix or to be able to end the match without allowing you the 5 hypers. I also need Amy to create diversions and protect both Dante and Wesker...  ;D

As it is, if you don't let me know, I don't stand a chance with the other teams, and that would be real cheap...  :P

I still haven't figure out any strategy to kill Dark Phoenix with neither, Hulk, Deadpool, Tron Bonne, nor Chun Li. They are all sitting ducks against her, right now. That is why I only play Ranked Matches with my Amy, Dante and Wesker team...  :-??

Although, there are other characters that are currently auditioning to join the teams...  >:D

PS. Do you have that Viscant, Gooteks and Mike Ross video you mentioned? I would love to see it...  =P~

On another note:

Here are the videos of the IMT Lobby matches between DCL, Dead Phoenix and myself from 9-4-2011...  :w00t:

They were great matches and they are posted in the order played. :cool

Hope you guys enjoy them as much as we did... :)

PS. The next matches I will post will be the ones from a Lobby on 9-5-2011 between Acey, GLux and myself. They were also great !!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5764 on: September 13, 2011, 03:01:08 AM »

As it is, if you don't let me know, I don't stand a chance with the other teams, and that would be real cheap...  :P

Although, there are other characters that are currently auditioning to join the teams...  >:D

PS. Do you have that Viscant, Gooteks and Mike Ross video you mentioned? I would love to see it...  =P~

Oww I like throwing you off by not telling you Phoenix is gonna play  >:D

~X( I have a hard time as it is with Tron and Chun Li lol

And here's the vid I mentioned...wait do I really want to give you Viscant's Wesker tips?  :-SS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMz3sHNv8Q&feature=player_embedded#

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5765 on: September 13, 2011, 03:33:18 AM »
Oww I like throwing you off by not telling you Phoenix is gonna play  >:D

~X( I have a hard time as it is with Tron and Chun Li lol

And here's the vid I mentioned...wait do I really want to give you Viscant's Wesker tips?  :-SS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMz3sHNv8Q&feature=player_embedded#

WOW !!! A WHOLE HOUR ?.?.?.  :o

I have to watch that tomorrow !!! THANKS !!! ;D

PS. I know Tron and Chun Li could be sooo annoying, but I just love them...  :DxDie :D :DxDie

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5766 on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
PS. I know Tron and Chun Li could be sooo annoying, but I just love them...  :DxDie :D :DxDie
Who doesn't love Chun Li? Tron's pretty cool too

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5767 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
Who doesn't love Chun Li? Tron's pretty cool too

I have to completely agree brother... :thumbsup:

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #5768 on: September 13, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
Those dancers was awesome XD
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5769 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:17 AM »
An image was captured from a pre-showing at Sony's latest conference with the PS Vita. In it, it shows UMvC3 in the lineup of games.

Kotaku and IGN have reported that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be making its way to handhelds as a Playstation Vita title.

Their reports come from translations of the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, which have yet to be verified through screenshots but have been making their way around gaming forums.
(click to show/hide)

Kotaku
Ninja Gaiden, Katamari, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and More Coming to PlayStation Vita
Details from the latest issue of Famitsu magazine are leaking all over the place, revealing a slew of PlayStation Vita games both new and old, including versions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Katamari Damacy, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and more.

Early, still unconfirmed reports from the Japanese magazine front indicate that in addition to the above titles, Falcom's role-playing game Ys IV will also get Vita treatment.

New and original games for PlayStation Vita include two from Square Enix, Armies of Hell and Lord of the Apocalypse, the latter of which is reportedly tied to Lord of Vermilion and also has a PSP version.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Armies of Hell are reportedly PS Vita launch titles.

More to come as Kotaku attends Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference later tonight.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5770 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:40 AM »
I have to completely agree brother... :thumbsup:

Hey I love Chun-Li too, she's awesome, thats why I made her for Mugen as well  :thumbsup:

Today I had some awesome matches with Swiziga. Didn't see em comin but most of them were incredibly close matches. I cant really tell who he mains but he uses a variety of characters. He's pretty good with every char he uses, great matches Swiziga!  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #5771 on: September 14, 2011, 01:13:19 AM »
same to you those matches were great :w00t: that she hulk corner trap was crazy im happy you didnt use it again  :D

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #5772 on: September 14, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »
Sorry for not joining DCL, I was testing out the new RDR pack...

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #5773 on: September 14, 2011, 02:10:22 AM »
Sorry for not joining DCL, I was testing out the new RDR pack...
theres a new one!? or are you talking about undead nightmare?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5774 on: September 14, 2011, 02:34:42 AM »
theres a new one!? or are you talking about undead nightmare?

New pack called "Myths and Mavericks". Adds new characters to multiplayer and adds some new modes to maps.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal